Custom Fiberglass parts. by Tha Driver
Started on: 12-02-2010 02:31 AM
Replies: 462 (24078 views)
Last post by: Tha Driver on 08-29-2022 04:24 AM
justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will still send you the $30 so we can both move on and put this issue to rest - I will send you a PM when I put it in the mail.

...and yes, I noticed you did not mention my name initially.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 3.4L pushrod build up | Blog | My Portfolio site
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP: Logged
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love happy endings...

Pun intended ~
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EDIT: Turns out the post office WILL cash a Canadian money order. As usual the U.S. gov. (postal workers in this case) didn't have a clue & have caused me all this extra grief...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 04-15-2013).]

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont mean to get off topic but..any info on any new custom fiberglass parts??
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

I dont mean to get off topic but..any info on any new custom fiberglass parts??

Haven't made any new molds. Not enough demand for me to spend the time & money it takes to do so.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

skwrks

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skwrksSend a Private Message to skwrksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news on the hips? I got a PM last spring but did not see it for a few months.

albert
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skwrks:

Any news on the hips? I got a PM last spring but did not see it for a few months.

albert

Whodeanie is the one making the hips.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Driver_WT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Driver_WTSend a Private Message to Driver_WTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just received my Angel Fender Vents from Paul today. The quality is outstanding. Great product. Thank you Paul.

------------------
1984 Fiero, Black notchback, 355 SBC, 4 speed

85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my scoop today. Very well made, thanks Paul.

[This message has been edited by 85sliverGT (edited 04-03-2013).]

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got around to molding mine right on the deck lid.

Just waiting for some warmer weather to finish painting.
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks great! Have any pics in-progress?
PFF
System Bot
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

That looks great! Have any pics in-progress?

Sorry, I don't but there isn't much play in the way it fits. Paul made these very precise. It's just grinding the decklid areas where it touches, adhering, sanding & painting. Pretty cut & dry
85GT_3800SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT_3800SCSend a Private Message to 85GT_3800SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The louver for my 85GT arrived a couple of days ago.This is a nicely made piece! I have posted some pics below for all to see the quality work you do Paul.The louver was made and shipped exactly as agreed to and in a timely manner.Also, communication with you was excellent.Thanks.I would recommend your services to anyone!
Al.

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buddy we can not get a US Postal Money Order up here because we use Canada Post LOL
If you take a closer look on that Money Order it clearly states USD as the currency
The good folks at your Post Office can't read

Never ship by UPS or any of those services
Use US Post or on our side Canada Post
They do not charge a brokerage fee
UPS are just a bunch of scam artists

PS; I still haven't decided what I want from you
My hood that I sent you or something else
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85GT_3800SC:

The louver for my 85GT arrived a couple of days ago.This is a nicely made piece! I have posted some pics below for all to see the quality work you do Paul.The louver was made and shipped exactly as agreed to and in a timely manner.Also, communication with you was excellent.Thanks.I would recommend your services to anyone!
Al.

I might add that the rear part of the louver has been cut out because it is going to be used on a notchie. You can also see in the center photo that I marked where Al might need to cut, once he fits it up to the decklid. Les us know how it works out, Al.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
85GT_3800SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT_3800SCSend a Private Message to 85GT_3800SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will do Paul! Thanks again.
mnstrfiero

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mnstrfieroSend a Private Message to mnstrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just received my items, they look great, can't wait to install.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Project complete with custom billet! Wanted to show final results

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 06-01-2013).]

redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love it

------------------
1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770
"SE" Stormtrooper Edition
Rescued, resuscitated and reversibly modified! (I'm so not done yet!)

Poly all round & Black Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45 on 18x8 (47 offset w/ 8-9mm spacer) 1.5 coils cut off 1984 WS6 springs
Rear: 265/35 on 18x8.5 (45 offset) Coil-overs w/ 10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

Everything is the previous owners fault!

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

Project complete with custom billet! Wanted to show final results

That looks fantastic with the billet grill. I'll have to add those photos to my website when I get the chance.
Folks will be asking about that grill; any chance more are available?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

That looks fantastic with the billet grill. I'll have to add those photos to my website when I get the chance.
Folks will be asking about that grill; any chance more are available?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Custom Fiberglass Parts

I didn't want to flood your thread with how I made this billet so I started a thread here
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/128758.html#p0

PFF
System Bot
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gokart that looks awesome!!! I've spoken to Paul about this scoop a few times, I don't have the means to install myself and no shops in my area want any part of it. I would love to have what you've done, if anyone nearby is capable please PM me.
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul, if you have a sec I had a few questions about the AFV5002. Created a seperate thread so as to not bog down the for sale thread. Cheers.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/129597.html

[This message has been edited by GodSend (edited 08-04-2013).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some progress pictures of Pauls parts on my car...

Fender vents bonded in from behind

Rear deck

I used three riv-nuts inside, this is part of my grill mounting system from below. I put some reinforced hose over the riv-nuts to act as a cushion to support the middle of the vent. Didn't want any cracking from slamming the trunk closed.

This thin, long slice is for my mesh to slide in place from below. allows for painting w/o making a mess of the mesh

Mesh vent filler, rough-cut. I will powder-coat it black

How it installs. I do not like to keep fitting it in becuase it scratched the primmer. Once it is powder-coated, it will not have any sharp edges

Top edge of the mesh fits into a channel that I glassed-in tot eh under side of the scoop. It make a nice secure, snug fit.

Front hood, I made the opening bigger

mesh parts I fabricated

These I made to kinda snap-in from below. They fit tight and kinda spring-fit into place. I am not sure if I will use fastners to hold them in...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 10-23-2013).]

redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still making the hood & fender vents? I want the dual hood vents version. Can't zoom on the images on the site, and the descriptions don't make a lot of sense to me. Bond from behind? Help!
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Still making the hood & fender vents? I want the dual hood vents version. Can't zoom on the images on the site, and the descriptions don't make a lot of sense to me. Bond from behind? Help!

Yep still making parts.
Don't know why you can't see the larger images; they work in all the browsers I tested. I prefer Opera - you might want to get it. If you like I could email you some photos...
The fender vents that bond on from behind mean you have to cut the proper hole in the fender, & bond them on the back & finish out the front. Directions are on the site.
Thanks,
Paul
HarryG

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryGSend a Private Message to HarryGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul,
Just looked at your webpage and really like the STM Hood Vent, but couldn't find the "size" info for it.
Thanks!
Harry
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Paul,

i know someone who is looking for a couple of the mustang style decklid scoops, so i sent him your to your website.

Hope it helps.

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HarryG:

Paul,
Just looked at your webpage and really like the STM Hood Vent, but couldn't find the "size" info for it.
Thanks!
Harry

Thanks for reminding me. I'll try to update the webpage when I get a chance. I have a lot more info & photos to add. Since I don't make these for a living, it's not on top of my list of priorities...
But I'll get the measurements soon.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul (Tha Driver) makes the most incredible parts. In addition, his work is second to none. He has done a lot of work (mainly correcting my screw-ups) on the top chop car and it looks great. He is a heck of a guy, his prices are great, and his work is top notch!

Here is an idea: Paul, share some photos of your other projects! So many cool projects going on!
PFF
System Bot
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the whale tail still coming soon?
That would be cool
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroCanada:

Is the whale tail still coming soon?
That would be cool

Unfortunately, due to lack of interest, time, & money, there is nothing new coming soon. I have the whaletail almost finished, but no time or money to spend making molds on something that I can't sell several copies of in a fairly quick timeframe. If there were several folks willing to put up a deposit I would make the time to finish any number of parts that I've started...
Just another thing I need to update on the website - change "coming soon" to "on hold due to lack of interest".
Plus, I found out there is someone else making whaletails (although I think mine looks better & would also be bolt-on).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tha Driver

4559 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by psychosurfer:

Paul (Tha Driver) makes the most incredible parts. In addition, his work is second to none. He has done a lot of work (mainly correcting my screw-ups) on the top chop car and it looks great. He is a heck of a guy, his prices are great, and his work is top notch!

Here is an idea: Paul, share some photos of your other projects! So many cool projects going on!

I have webpages for some of my projects, but haven't had the time or money to work on any of them for - well - three years now. That's going to change soon: the Cabriolet is coming into the shop this month one way or another, & I'll get some new pics & update the page then. I'll post some links some time after that.
I'm also thinking of making webpages for customer's cars, once they're finished (with their permission, of course). Can't wait to see your car finished, & that will be very soon...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Inferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

NO MORE SHIPPING TO CANADA!
Canadians can kiss my ass. No more shipping to Canada.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

You know what? Keep your parts. You Sir are rude and ignorant.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Inferno:

You know what? Keep your parts. You Sir are rude and ignorant.

That problem was resolved a long time ago. You should read the rest of the posts...
But hey it is still a pain to ship to Canada, & since I make these parts as more or less a hobby (& to help out the community), it doesn't hurt my feelings if you don't want any.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got my set of 4 vents for my 86 GT. Paul got them made super fast and out to me in time for me to be able to install them before the paint went on my car.
I just love them and they really look great!
RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2017 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have plans to make any bubble fenders panels? Not sure on the correct term. The panel to bulge the rear fenders out for fatter tires.
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2017 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the STM hood functional at relieving pressure from front compartment by the radiator since it doesn't require cutting?
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2017 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

Is the STM hood functional at relieving pressure from front compartment by the radiator since it doesn't require cutting?

Yep. It's only about an inch of the top of the sheetmetal that divides the spare tire area from the radiator area that you have to cut off for the first version of the vent. The V.2 just doesn't turn down until the front of that sheetmetal.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave