Started on: 12-02-2010 02:31 AM
Replies: 462 (24078 views)
Last post by: Tha Driver on 08-29-2022 04:24 AM
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2012 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sirtimeless:

Does anyone have a pic of his louvers on a GT?

I don't think any one has finished either of the three that I've sold...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
IP: Logged
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul,
Got my scoop today. Very nice indeed!
Thanks!

<Bump for a superb craftsman!>

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-12-2012).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Paul,
Got my scoop today. Very nice indeed!
Thanks!

<Bump for a superb craftsman!>

Thanks Steve.
I'll put that comment on my website when I get time. Also, can you leave pos. feedback? I'll do the same - need to get caught up on that for a couple folks. Been busy building a mini car, since I didn't have enough projects.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very happy with the scoop I got from you and quality is excellent. I'm excited to see in on my finished car.

Mike
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:
... Also, can you leave pos. feedback?

Of course. Done.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. Posted positives for you too (finally).
For interested parties, here is a page for my mini car:
http://angelonearth.net/Minicar
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Paul for a great looking set of door skins! Very timely and professional quality.

Heres a bump for you

Vinny
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

Thanks Paul for a great looking set of door skins! Very timely and professional quality.

Heres a bump for you

Vinny

Thanks Vinny. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Keep us updated.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul ,you might want to consider picking up the Driven Visions line. The tooling is up far sale w the chopper gun for $2000. When he was with us Joe made some nice stuff.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Paul ,you might want to consider picking up the Driven Visions line. The tooling is up far sale w the chopper gun for $2000. When he was with us Joe made some nice stuff.

I would love to, but I'm broke & they're too far away to even go look at them. Besides, it'll be a long time before I break even on all the molds I have already made - especially the "Driven Visions" deck louver that I spent so much time & money on (it was crap) only to sell 3 so far..
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently saw these in another thread:

I may be picking up Fiero number 5 for me soon. It will be my first fastback. It's in great shape with low miles and to be honest, the only thing it "needs" is to have some spiderwebbing in the paint fixed. Keeping it stock isn't a big deal to me but keeping a look that COULD have come from the factory is. I've got a big project that I'm in the middle of now so I wouldn't need them soon but I'd really like for someone to make a set of door panels that create the "reverse chop top" look.

The second pic from this thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...120111-1-077410.html

I'd want the miror mounts to be the same and the trim molding strip to be the same. It would be nice for the dew wipe to be moved up to the top of the skin so that it looks correct.

What do you think?

Jonathan
PFF
System Bot
deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you set a price on the Angel 1/4 panels yet?
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I recently saw these in another thread:

I may be picking up Fiero number 5 for me soon. It will be my first fastback. It's in great shape with low miles and to be honest, the only thing it "needs" is to have some spiderwebbing in the paint fixed. Keeping it stock isn't a big deal to me but keeping a look that COULD have come from the factory is. I've got a big project that I'm in the middle of now so I wouldn't need them soon but I'd really like for someone to make a set of door panels that create the "reverse chop top" look.

The second pic from this thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...120111-1-077410.html

I'd want the miror mounts to be the same and the trim molding strip to be the same. It would be nice for the dew wipe to be moved up to the top of the skin so that it looks correct.

What do you think?

Jonathan

I was thinking about making a reverse-chop kit, but due to lack of interest I'm not doing any more molds unless it's for my own car or there are about 10 folks willing to put up a substantial deposit for any new products. Plus, a reverse-chop kit would be about 8 pieces: the door skins, the 1/4 panel extensions, the sail panels, & inside door panel extenders. Hundreds of hours of R&D & about $1,000 in materials.
I still haven't anywhere near recovered my time & money making the decklid louvers.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tha Driver

4559 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by deezil:

Have you set a price on the Angel 1/4 panels yet?

I have not. Two reasons: I can't afford to make the first set out of the molds, & I cannot compete with the price of the production units already on the market (so I don't expect to sell any).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was thinking about making a reverse-chop kit, but due to lack of interest I'm not doing any more molds unless it's for my own car or there are about 10 folks willing to put up a substantial deposit for any new products. Plus, a reverse-chop kit would be about 8 pieces: the door skins, the 1/4 panel extensions, the sail panels, & inside door panel extenders. Hundreds of hours of R&D & about $1,000 in materials.
I still haven't anywhere near recovered my time & money making the decklid louvers.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Instead of a fiberglass piece for the inner door panel, I was thinking of adding an upholstered pad right on top of the factory door panels.

You could also save some time and money by incorporating the quarter panel extensions and the sail panels into one piece. I'd like a GT-40 style scoop in place of the sail panel.

Jonathan

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Instead of a fiberglass piece for the inner door panel, I was thinking of adding an upholstered pad right on top of the factory door panels.

You could also save some time and money by incorporating the quarter panel extensions and the sail panels into one piece. I'd like a GT-40 style scoop in place of the sail panel.

Jonathan

What you're proposing would only be for fastbacks, & only for those that liked that scoop, both of which would further reduce the amount of sales.
The Mera used wood to build up the inner door panels, but I don't think that would work for a reverse chop.
I do wish I could go ahead & make molds for everything that everyone wanted, but I just don't have the time or money to do so, & I can't work for free. Heck I don't even have the money for primer on my current main projects right now... much less for fiberglass resin & gelcoat to make parts even for them.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Paul,

Do you have, or can you direct me to some full on pics of your vented GT sail panels? I need to see some better pics before I would jump on this.

Thank you,

Tony
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Hey Paul,

Do you have, or can you direct me to some full on pics of your vented GT sail panels? I need to see some better pics before I would jump on this.

Thank you,

Tony

The ones on my website are the best ones I have. It's the only set I've made (for my car), & in the photos they are just sitting on the car.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2012 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Argh!

Thanks for the reply.

Tony
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, it never hurts to have some neat ideas tucked away for a rainy day!

Thanks anyway,
Jonathan
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Argh!

Thanks for the reply.

Tony

I can take some close up shots of them if you like.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
PFF
System Bot
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, it never hurts to have some neat ideas tucked away for a rainy day!

Thanks anyway,
Jonathan

"Rainy" days are spent on the primary projects: The VW project, the pickup, & the new minicar. After them I'll either do the Custom Fiero or the Z. Then the other two Fiero projects (which are what will require further fiberglass molds) are after all that. Probably won't live long enough to get to them, though, since it takes me so long to make the money for parts & materials for all these projects...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NO MORE SHIPPING TO CANADA!
If you don't have a continental U.S. address for me to ship to, don't bother asking me to make parts. I've just been screwed out of $30 shipping costs because I gave a guy the best estimate I could get online, & when I found out it was going to cost $30 more I went ahead & shipped 'cause I thought I could trust him to cover it. He says "I gave him a quote & he paid it". Not going to happen again. I don't charge for the time it takes for me to round up cardboard & make the boxes, or for the time & gas money it takes for me to ship. I think that will change soon too (with a price increase). I still haven't sold enough parts to break even on my time & investment in making these molds in the first place...
BTW, another Canadian sent me a CANADIAN money oder, in spite of the fact that I told him the ONLY thing I can cash is a U.S. POSTAL money order (in the CAPITAL LETTERS). He said the guy at the post office (in Canada) told him it was the SAME THING as a U.S. postal money order. Funny how the post office here didn't see it that way & wouldn't cash it... Took me two weeks to get a friend to run it through his bank account.
Canadians can kiss my ass. No more shipping to Canada.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 11-24-2012).]

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't blame you Paul. I'm of Canadian decent so no offense to the great citizens up north and it's entirely NOT their fault but.....shipping to Canada is a PITA!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't blame you. I've bought stuff from Canada, too.
Nice surprise when the bill for the brokerage fees showed up. Of course, the sellers didn't bother to tell me about those...
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Canadians can kiss my ass.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Easy Pal, I would like to do business with you in the future...

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 11-24-2012).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Do you have a place in the U.S. I can ship to?
You DO know what a U.S. POSTAL money order is too, right?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Paul,
Dont tar all us Canadians with the same brush. just because you didnt get your 30 dollars from that guy dont mean everyone would do it to you. Plus how many of your American brothers would be more than willing to pocket a 30 dollar saving if it came their way. But saying all Canadians can kiss your ass is pretty low class and from what I have read by you and what others have written about you I would not have expected that.......
Shame......
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coady:

Hey Paul,
Dont tar all us Canadians with the same brush. just because you didnt get your 30 dollars from that guy dont mean everyone would do it to you. Plus how many of your American brothers would be more than willing to pocket a 30 dollar saving if it came their way. But saying all Canadians can kiss your ass is pretty low class and from what I have read by you and what others have written about you I would not have expected that.......
Shame......

I'm just pissed. I go to extra trouble to ship there is this is what I get in return. Maybe I should have said SOME Canadians can kiss my ass.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

dskebo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dskeboSend a Private Message to dskeboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown: I also STOPPED buying anything from Canada, your get a larger bill after you already payed . Goodby my northamerican buds your country is demagnitizing the us bYer and seller

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm just pissed. I go to extra trouble to ship there is this is what I get in return. Maybe I should have said SOME Canadians can kiss my ass.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

A Canadian can kiss my ass would me more correct...lol
PFF
System Bot
Driver_WT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Driver_WTSend a Private Message to Driver_WTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every item shipped by UPS from the US to Canada comes with extra brokerage charges (I just received a package this week and the UPS brokerage charge was $68), and no the US seller did not tell me about the extra charges. Blame it on UPS, not the person shipping the item to you.

I sold and shipped an air intake to the US by UPS and they had to pay an extra $35 brokerage fee from UPS when they received the package. The good folks at UPS Canada did not tell me there would any extra fees charged to the buyer.

My point is that the extra fees, particularly with UPS, are out of the control of the seller, and many times not even known by the seller (whether they are in Canada or the USA).

Originally posted by Raydar:

Don't blame you. I've bought stuff from Canada, too.
Nice surprise when the bill for the brokerage fees showed up. Of course, the sellers didn't bother to tell me about those...

Driver_WT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Driver_WTSend a Private Message to Driver_WTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Driver_WT

166 posts
Member since Mar 2012

~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Paul, I want to order some Angel Fender vents AFV5001. I will add an extra $30 to make up for the money you lost shipping to a Canadian. I believe that 99% of the Canadians on this board are honest. Almost all of our hard to find or custom car parts come from the USA, so it is important to have access to these parts. Some Canadians live near the USA border, so shipping to a US address is convenient. I am five hours away from the border, so it does not make much sense to drive 10 hours round trip to pick up some $75 parts. I will send you an email. Hopefully you will continue to ship to honest Canadians

Wade

[This message has been edited by Driver_WT (edited 11-25-2012).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Driver_WT:

Paul, I want to order some Angel Fender vents AFV5001. I will add an extra $30 to make up for the money you lost shipping to a Canadian. I believe that 99% of the Canadians on this board are honest. Almost all of our hard to find or custom car parts come from the USA, so it is important to have access to these parts. Some Canadians live near the USA border, so shipping to a US address is convenient. I am five hours away from the border, so it does not make much sense to drive 10 hours round trip to pick up some $75 parts. I will send you an email. Hopefully you will continue to ship to honest Canadians

Wade

Since the fender vents are small & light (so shipping should be cheap), & I have a set already made, I'll sell them to you. No need to add the extra 30 bucks - it's my problem not anyone else's.
I'll get back to you via email & we'll work out the logistics.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Driver_WT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Driver_WTSend a Private Message to Driver_WTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. Email returned.

Wade

Since the fender vents are small & light (so shipping should be cheap), & I have a set already made, I'll sell them to you. No need to add the extra 30 bucks - it's my problem not anyone else's.
I'll get back to you via email & we'll work out the logistics.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

CheshireGrin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah.... as "polite" as we are often rumored to be I dont think telling Canadians off as a whole is a wise choice. Luckily I have the advantage of living in a border city so a US address is an option. We must deal with these same issues on a regular basis to get parts into Canada. Dont get me wrong , what happened was unfortunate and im sure terribly inconvenient as well as costly but why not just use it as a learning experience and grow from it? I mean no disrespect to you but as a potential future customer I don't find it wise to discount a major potential market based on possibly a few experiences.
I find your work and advice to the community to be a great contribution from what I know and place that as a redeeming feature for discounting us ( Canadians) as a whole.
I hope to do business with you in the coming year , and wish you better luck with Canadian transactions in the future.
Respectfully
Ryan
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you have a place in the U.S. I can ship to?
You DO know what a U.S. POSTAL money order is too, right?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Yes, and Yes.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

yeah.... as "polite" as we are often rumored to be I dont think telling Canadians off as a whole is a wise choice. Luckily I have the advantage of living in a border city so a US address is an option. We must deal with these same issues on a regular basis to get parts into Canada. Dont get me wrong , what happened was unfortunate and im sure terribly inconvenient as well as costly but why not just use it as a learning experience and grow from it? I mean no disrespect to you but as a potential future customer I don't find it wise to discount a major potential market based on possibly a few experiences.
I find your work and advice to the community to be a great contribution from what I know and place that as a redeeming feature for discounting us ( Canadians) as a whole.
I hope to do business with you in the coming year , and wish you better luck with Canadian transactions in the future.
Respectfully
Ryan

Just a couple points you have to understand.
1) I'm not a company in the business of manufacturing parts. I do paint/bodywork, restorations, mods, custom cars - on a part time basis because of health concerns. I'm an old fart & don't have time for my own projects (OK I admit I have too many of those ), much less any BS. I'm trying to keep the cost to a bare minimum 'cause I know most folks can't afford them in the first place. So it's more than just "unfortunate and inconvenient" when I spend my time making parts & don't get paid the full amount for them.
2) As such, there is no "potential market", much less a major one. As long as I have work, I couldn't care less if I sold any parts. I will admit there was a time in the past 12 months or so that I didn't have any work, & selling a couple parts put food on the table, but I'm not making parts for a living.
3) I have a lot of time & money invested in these molds, which I couldn't afford in the first place. I wish I had invested both the time & money in my projects; I would probably have two of them running by now instead of them sitting around waiting for me to come up with the money for parts.
Thanks for the compliments & understanding.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NO MORE SHIPPING TO CANADA!
If you don't have a continental U.S. address for me to ship to, don't bother asking me to make parts. I've just been screwed out of $30 shipping costs because I gave a guy the best estimate I could get online, & when I found out it was going to cost $30 more I went ahead & shipped 'cause I thought I could trust him to cover it. He says "I gave him a quote & he paid it". Not going to happen again. I don't charge for the time it takes for me to round up cardboard & make the boxes, or for the time & gas money it takes for me to ship. I think that will change soon too (with a price increase). I still haven't sold enough parts to break even on my time & investment in making these molds in the first place...
BTW, another Canadian sent me a CANADIAN money oder, in spite of the fact that I told him the ONLY thing I can cash is a U.S. POSTAL money order (in the CAPITAL LETTERS). He said the guy at the post office (in Canada) told him it was the SAME THING as a U.S. postal money order. Funny how the post office here didn't see it that way & wouldn't cash it... Took me two weeks to get a friend to run it through his bank account.
Canadians can kiss my ass. No more shipping to Canada.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Paul, I just sent you a PM back.

I was the one that bought these parts. It appears there was miscommunication between what Paul thought was an estimate, and what I thought was the final total. I offered to cover some of the additional cost, however it looks like I will need to cover the $30 to resolve this issue properly. I don't agree with that - but fine, no problem. I'm not here on PFF to make enemies.

Then after I sent that PM (like 2 mins ago) I came across this thread in the Mall and saw those comments above.

YIKES.

I'm not going to start a bashing war in Paul's thread, so I will finish my post with this:

Paul, the $30 will be in the mail right after the parts arrive. I take it this will resolve the issue.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 3.4L pushrod build up | Blog | My Portfolio site
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justinchristie:
Paul, I just sent you a PM back.

I was the one that bought these parts. It appears there was miscommunication between what Paul thought was an estimate, and what I thought was the final total. I offered to cover some of the additional cost, however it looks like I will need to cover the $30 to resolve this issue properly. I don't agree with that - but fine, no problem. I'm not here on PFF to make enemies.

Then after I sent that PM (like 2 mins ago) I came across this thread in the Mall and saw those comments above.

YIKES.

I'm not going to start a bashing war in Paul's thread, so I will finish my post with this:

Paul, the $30 will be in the mail right after the parts arrive. I take it this will resolve the issue.

Hi Justin,
I wasn't going to mention your name...
The problem is, I'm not a business like the others you mentioned in the PM, so I have no way to determine final shipping until I ship. I did say "if you can trust online calculator" but I guess I should been more clear that it was an estimate. I also shouldn't have shipped without further notice ( & almost didn't), but I thought you wanted the parts & knew it was an estimate, & for that matter I didn't want to make an extra trip to town wasting more time & gas money.
You do whatever you think is fair, & I'll live with it.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors