Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Personalized decklid vents and other things (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Personalized decklid vents and other things by silver 85 sc
Started on: 11-20-2010 09:55 PM
Replies: 482 (31163 views)
Last post by: silver 85 sc on 03-17-2024 09:02 AM
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone,

My first thread on these has slipped into oblivion. So let's start over. First the vents:

(Daneele When you get pictures I would love to post one here along with Tyler's Dream I did for Jay.)

How about a club logo?

Just the standard Fiero logo runs $50.00. If you want something that I have to convert from a photo or other logo (see Betty Boop) pricing will vary. I have been doing one set of each notchback and fastback for the 3 shows I attend (Dells, Heartland, and Fierorama)

Next the badges:

These will run $15.00 ea

I can vary the size the one pictured is 3 3/8" tall

The key chains:These run $7.00 ea with a "brush finish" $5.00 to polish.

And when I get too many key chains I make wind chimes out of them: (note the show keychains)

The Pontiac Fiero "disc" runs $16.00 Key chains not included

Special rockers (look below the door):

Need a better rear bumper Pontiac to replace the bad plastic ones?:

$6.00 ea. Does not include body tape to adhere them to the bumper. The 3M double face body tape works really good.

Project I am working on:

and yes I have been working on the fastback for over a year. This one is driving me crazy, but I think I can get something acceptable.

Sometimes I just get crazy: This thing is 59" wide x 60 something tall

Special run:

I can do show or special occasions PM me to work things out.

Now for the bad news. I just became a grandpa this week, our beautiful grand daughter will take priority over me getting things done. So if I don't get back to anyone right away be patient and you may have to gently remind me on some occasions.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Parkman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ParkmanSend a Private Message to ParkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

Hi everyone,

My first thread on these has slipped into oblivion. So let's start over. First the vents:

(Daneele When you get pictures I would love to post one here along with Tyler's Dream I did for Jay.)

How about a club logo?

Just the standard Fiero logo runs $50.00. If you want something that I have to convert from a photo or other logo (see Betty Boop) pricing will vary. I have been doing one set of each notchback and fastback for the 3 shows I attend (Dells, Heartland, and Fierorama)

Next the badges:

These will run $15.00 ea

I can vary the size the one pictured is 3 3/8" tall

The key chains:These run $7.00 ea with a "brush finish" $5.00 to polish.

And when I get too many key chains I make wind chimes out of them: (note the show keychains)

The Pontiac Fiero "disc" runs $16.00 Key chains not included

Special rockers (look below the door):

Need a better rear bumper Pontiac to replace the bad plastic ones?:

$6.00 ea. Does not include body tape to adhere them to the bumper. The 3M double face body tape works really good.

Project I am working on:

and yes I have been working on the fastback for over a year. This one is driving me crazy, but I think I can get something acceptable.

Sometimes I just get crazy: This thing is 59" wide x 60 something tall

Special run:

I can do show or special occasions PM me to work things out.

Now for the bad news. I just became a grandpa this week, our beautiful grand daughter will take priority over me getting things done. So if I don't get back to anyone right away be patient and you may have to gently remind me on some occasions.

Parkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ParkmanSend a Private Message to ParkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Parkman

39 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Great creativity and innovation. Love the deck vents; thumbs up.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
intrested in these. Shoot me a pm at what I am looking at ect

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

intrested in these. Shoot me a pm at what I am looking at ect

Me Too

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love these, now I have a question... how much do you charge for a plain set of fastback vents? Looking to possibly incorperate these into a project i'm doing this winter
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hesitant on posting these:

These are about 63-64" long and shipping becomes and issue. I need these to ship them:

http://www.uline.com/Produc...-Tubes-with-End-Caps

As you can see I have to buy 15 and they come freight. So up front I have a lot of packaging and freight costs. The other issue is material. If I can get my hands on SCRAP material drops about 15 x 72 I can do these for about $65.00 per set plus shipping and packaging. If I can't get my hands on scrap the price jumps to $100.00 plus shipping and packaging. These are made out of 16 ga stainless steel and are u shaped on either end with holes that line up with existing fasteners on the car. The center of these is just an angle. So the way to go is if I can get commitment on say 10 then I could proceed. I do have one piece of scrap material and can make 1 set out of it. Shipping will be the next issue.

The other route to go is to meet me at a show. As I have stated before I attend the Dells Run, Heartland show, and Fierorama. They do fit in the car, but will take away room for a passenger. Or install at the show.

Rich
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

silver 85 sc

915 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

I love these, now I have a question... how much do you charge for a plain set of fastback vents? Looking to possibly incorperate these into a project i'm doing this winter

What exactly do you mean by a plain set of fastback vents? Do you mean a set without anything cut into it? Like a solid blank. I cannot duplicate the factory vents if that is what you are looking for, nor do I have any.

But to hopefully answer your question, A blank set of GT vents just cut to shape and bent, with no logos or slots just solid metal, would run around $40.00 + shipping

gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the 2010 Dell Run Vents on my 88 coupe.
bought them with the #001 keychain, and the RIP keychain at registration.
awesome stuff. I'll try to get pictures up to add to represent the fine products.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent

dibs on the firs scrap piece. info sent and I can pick them up.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 11-21-2010).]

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!
PFF
System Bot
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a question on interior I have cut interior pieces here is a sample

Rich
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich did you get my PM??
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What exactly do you mean by a plain set of fastback vents? Do you mean a set without anything cut into it? Like a solid blank. I cannot duplicate the factory vents if that is what you are looking for, nor do I have any.

But to hopefully answer your question, A blank set of GT vents just cut to shape and bent, with no logos or slots just solid metal, would run around $40.00 + shipping

Yes, a solid blank. Thank you, I'll be back in touch about them after the holidays.
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you make all 3 dash pieces?

I am very interested in those!
87_special

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_specialSend a Private Message to 87_specialEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deezil:

Do you make all 3 dash pieces?

I am very interested in those!

X2

------------------
1987 SE / Fastback - 3500 Turdbowd / '92 5-speed swap

No bandwagon here...

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See Rich, aren't you glad I asked about the 4 piece dash trim set? Hope you work fast, these people want your products!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87_special:

X2

X3
At least a shifter console piece, that would be awesome.
woodrow50

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent about the rockers.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I did make all 4 interior trim pieces, and have the 5th drawn the shifter surround for the manual tranny. I will have to get pics of my sons shifter he has the one and only shifter surround I made. The hvac radio surround I sold at the 25th and haven't made another one and the aux gauge surround I actually modified for Jesse (88lambofiero) I'll have to dig up the photo on that one.

Rich

Just a note on the gauge surrounds, The holes do change 2 or 3 times during the production of our cars. I think that I have succesfully matched the '88 The trip counter was moved a couple of times and the speedo and tach have 2 different placements.

[This message has been edited by silver 85 sc (edited 11-22-2010).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes I did make all 4 interior trim pieces, and have the 5th drawn the shifter surround for the manual tranny. I will have to get pics of my sons shifter he has the one and only shifter surround I made. The hvac radio surround I sold at the 25th and haven't made another one and the aux gauge surround I actually modified for Jesse (88lambofiero) I'll have to dig up the photo on that one.

Rich

Just a note on the gauge surrounds, The holes do change 2 or 3 times during the production of our cars. I think that I have succesfully matched the '88 The trip counter was moved a couple of times and the speedo and tach have 2 different placements.

You are right they are slightly different. I don't think the trip OD moving any, but I do know that the holes for both speedo and tach are smaller in the early years and larger in later years. Or, it could be the older non-backlit gauges that have the smaller holes (you can tell by the amount of plastic from the end of the holes to the edge of the plastic piece).
PFF
System Bot
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

You are right they are slightly different. I don't think the trip OD moving any, but I do know that the holes for both speedo and tach are smaller in the early years and larger in later years. Or, it could be the older non-backlit gauges that have the smaller holes (you can tell by the amount of plastic from the end of the holes to the edge of the plastic piece).

The trip counter did move. My daughter has an'84 I have an '85 my son has an '86 with an '87 GT fast back and Jesse has an '88 The trip counter lines up perfectly on Jesse's I completely off on the 84 and 85 The hole is off by the diameter of the trip hole and the trip rubs on the 86. The 86 had a full blown conversion so I don't know if it has the '87 GT interior or the '86 SE interior. This is what I have found with the pictured gauge cluster. I think that I can do a full blown cluster and skip the factory plastic.

Rich

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

silver 85 sc

915 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Here is the custom aux ga that is in 88lambofiero's car. This is the stock pod with new gauges.

Jesse did the back lighting.

Rich
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just received a set of the above Pegasus badges from Silver 85sc.

They are OUTSTANDING!!! I could not be any happier! If it is OK rich I will post a few of the pictures up tomorrow when I get the car out.

Thanks again Rich!
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump .. I really want some dash trim pieces. Immediately.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just keep in mind the dash trim pieces are just flat 16 ga or 18 ga stainless depending on what I can get my hands on. The 16 ga is .062" thick and the 18 ga is .047" thick. These will require an adhesive to go over the existing facias. It is possible to go to a different screw and just fastenm them in that way I will have to change the diameter of the screw holes, or you can use the existing screws and have the heads stick out. I do have bitmap files I can send if you want to check fit. You just have to figure out how to print 1:1.

Rich
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was planning on attaching them with "Dress Up" button washers around the torx screws and completely doing away with the old trim. You would be able to leave the holes the same diameter. I'll fiddle with those tomorrow and tell you what I need. 16 gauge would be better for durability since I dont plan on using the original trim at all except the heater surround, unless I can figure a way to get the vents on there.

Also- Would it be possible to erase the ashtrays from the manual shifter plate and line up 4 holes with the ones under the ashtrays that attach the shifter plate? I could use sleeves and 4 long screws to attach. Never use the ashtrays anyway, except for screws. Let me know.

Thanks Rich!

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 12-01-2010).]

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

I was planning on attaching them with "Dress Up" button washers around the torx screws and completely doing away with the old trim. You would be able to leave the holes the same diameter. I'll fiddle with those tomorrow and tell you what I need. 16 gauge would be better for durability since I dont plan on using the original trim at all except the heater surround, unless I can figure a way to get the vents on there.

Also- Would it be possible to erase the ashtrays from the manual shifter plate and line up 4 holes with the ones under the ashtrays that attach the shifter plate? I could use sleeves and 4 long screws to attach. Never use the ashtrays anyway, except for screws. Let me know.

Thanks Rich!

I would just go with an adhesive of some sort. You wouldn't need much, since the cover is a nice tight fit and goes under the shifter boot, in fact now that I think about it I could do a 1/4" lip all the way around and you could have a snap cover. Won't work for the other panels just the shifter surround it is the only piece with square corners and straight edges.

Rich

reborngt

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reborngtSend a Private Message to reborngtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in a set of your fiero badges. What do i need to do. Let me know Thanks,Max
Chris_86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I am interested for the Pegasus badge and a custom gear selector like the one below. For the selector I would like a 3mm thick stainless steel plate. I prefer the first design, put if the Pegasus can’t be made correct, I will go with the second design.

Thanks, Chris

Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also would like to purchase two badges, please PM me on the total cost including shipping to 75160.

Thanks,

Jim
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey that build team fob sure does look nice. I never got one or knew who had them.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Hey that build team fob sure does look nice. I never got one or knew who had them.

I can't remember how many I cut I think it was around 30. Fred came and got them and that is the last I saw of them. He was going to polish them up and send them out. I don't know anymore beyond that

Rich

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here go the first rocker strips

Thanks for the order woodrow50

And here are some of the goodies on hand

Now if I can find the box of the rest I will get them posted as well. I know that I have some additional key chains and a wind chime, can't remember what else it's old stock. I will have more badges the bodies didn't turn out on 6, so all I have is the backing plate and wings. I do have another order going in this week, so if anyone wants to add to the list let me know and will get them done then. The current order has a set of personalized vents, key chains, and of course the bodies.

Rich
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.. and Rich, I sent you an email
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is 6 x 4 inches and should pose no interference with a 5 speed.
If it is printed to this size that would be a scale template.
I would be interested in purchasing this.
It would need to be used with some sort of rubber or leather boot from behind perhaps one cut down to give it a clean look. I believe regardless of design a boot will be needed to keep crap out and for looks.

None of the slots really work so it is for looks only it looks like a 6 speed the whole of the shifting is done on the left side in the large part of the opening. The right side is the aesthetic side there is no gate shifter only a replica. It is based on a F355.
I have had a few ideas

Above is what i want below is ideas i toyed with.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 12-22-2010).]

gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to leave a comment.

Top Notch Work!!!

i have the 2010 Dells Run vents on my 88 coupe, and the #001 keychain fob, and an R.I.P. Pontiac keychain fob.

great work, good pricing.

FREE BUMP!!!
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump as edited post.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

is there anything on the back of these for mounting purposes like a stud or just flat?

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 12-22-2010).]

L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No. They're flat. Well since I bought mine a year ago.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock