1 piece GT taillight panel by JPH87
Started on: 10-09-2010 01:57 AM
Replies: 259 (24053 views)
Last post by: a_bartle on 05-10-2018 02:41 PM
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Checking to see if anybody would be interested in a taillight panel like I'm building for my car. Here are picks of the buck.

It has the same shape on the ends as the factory lights and I added a slight curve to the middle so it does not go flat were the pontiac lights are like the original. I also added some width so its much closer to the belt molding. I have also designed it to attach to the back half of your original tails so it will mount to the car like stock after you put the two together. I'm making the mold with no light cut outs so each panel would be blank so you can put any size shape light you would want.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ZarZ

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZarZSend a Private Message to ZarZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heck If it was clear and stock looking my OCD of the uneven lettering could go away (3 on left 4 on right)
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you might have something there....any idea as to the price?
al
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
to keep this going
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interested! I've been keeping an eye out for a cheap oem uncracked set for a winter project but I may wait and see how your product unfolds!
Marc

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 10-09-2010).]

fiero49

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero49Send a Private Message to fiero49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to have one a notchie, any chance that you would be making one for them?
cypres

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2010 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cypresSend a Private Message to cypresEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
also interested in price....
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2010 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will chime in here...

Justin is a great guy. He is local, and has helped in many a build here in the Inland Northwest. You can see some of his fiberglass work in Dogcreek's steering wheel cover... //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000115.html

The link to his personal Fiero build. Custom flipper front end coming, and an Archie rear hatch. The rear facia is a home brewed design. His own creation. ... //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/079502-2.html

Tony

Edit: You are very welcome Justin.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 10-10-2010).]

JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero49:

I would like to have one a notchie, any chance that you would be making one for them?

I could, it would be awhile and depend on if there were some real intrest. If there are several people wanting it I will do it. Is there any panels out there for notchies?
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JPH87

292 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by ace5514:

I think you might have something there....any idea as to the price?
al

Well if the mold pulls with out too much trouble and being they are blank and you half to do some work yourself to put the lights in some were around $150. I would firm that up when I see how much time and materials I have in each part.
Trust one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Trust oneSend a Private Message to Trust oneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

I could, it would be awhile and depend on if there were some real intrest. If there are several people wanting it I will do it. Is there any panels out there for notchies?

I own a notchie and i would be interested in something like that.If the price stayed around 150.00 count me in.Nice work by the way...
PFF
System Bot
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD !!! if you have any available...... I want to go LED and these would be excellent ... let me know cost and shipping to Levis Quebec, Canada, G6V-9T6 ... Just tell me total and you will be Paypal'd

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 10-10-2010).]

DKLSC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKLSCSend a Private Message to DKLSCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me on th list!
pdemondo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pdemondoSend a Private Message to pdemondoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a good deal. I could use 2 sets.
Thanks!
woodrow50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree-nice work! I would be very interested in a notchie panel. You can count on me for being one of the first if you can get adequate interest to produce them.
Please let me know if and when- payment will be on it's way!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates ?
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First layer of glass is on the mold. Will get the mold finished and hopefully lay up the first part this weekend.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also interested in this panel
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yess super !! THX.... when you're ready send Paypal ADDY..

------------------

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 10-11-2010).]

shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes oh and yes maybe......yes
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes add me to the list as well.

Rob
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
interesting...there's a need for alternative notchie tail panels to replace the stock ones...
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am I missing something here? So, what would you use for tail lights??
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything you want I'm going to use 4.5" inch round LED's

[This message has been edited by JPH87 (edited 10-12-2010).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
carnut122....I'm going to install LED's ...but I'm not going to reveal the pattern yet you'll have to wait till my build thread.... I'm just waiting for them now...and drooling all over the place in the meantime
Wicked86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wicked86Send a Private Message to Wicked86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own a notchie, and would be interested if they stay around that price
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK- you have my attention. I'd love to see what you guys come up with! That sure fits better than that sorry pair of Ferarri panels I bought!

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 10-13-2010).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i want a set too....add me to the list .
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

OK- you have my attention. I'd love to see what you guys come up with! That sure fits better than that sorry pair of Ferarri panels I bought!

what sorry pair? is there a warning here for us?

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see carnut122 bought a pair of panels from someone and they dont fit correctly.... this one looks really really sharp .... man I cant wait to get mine... a thousand ideas flashing in my head ...I'm going to be ordering 140 5W LEDs in red and 60 in yellow. ...... my friend who does thermoforming plastic is on standby .. more to come

------------------

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 10-15-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They key difference which makes this panel ten times better than any other on the market is that it fits the stock taillight housings. All of the others on the market are a fiberglass shell that really need to be installed correctly or they crack/fall off. The 2 piece taillight design was from PISA and from what I hear, they are really bad quality. The Ken Hines and Al Lindsey style are the fiberglass shell type.

I think this style will sell like hotcakes and will be more reliable over time just because of the fact that they utilize the rear housings. Keep up the good work.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 10-15-2010).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I'm waiting on one of these babies to hit the market, got my $$$ ready . Finally no misaligned tail lights hehe.
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

They key difference which makes this panel ten times better than any other on the market is that it fits the stock taillight housings. All of the others on the market are a fiberglass shell that really need to be installed correctly or they crack/fall off. The 2 piece taillight design was from PISA and from what I hear, they are really bad quality. The Ken Hines and Al Lindsey style are the fiberglass shell type.

I think this style will sell like hotcakes and will be more reliable over time just because of the fact that they utilize the rear housings. Keep up the good work.

That is why I had to build this I bought a panel and it fit like sh$t. I worked in fiberglass years ago it is not my favorite thing to do wife keeps complaining about the smell, but sometime what you need is not out there so you build your own. With all the intrest in this I have made a 3 piece mold so it will pull and have the factory style bevil and curve on the ends I'm in between coats of glass right now but I should be able to pull the mold off the buck tomorrow and start preping it for parts I will post pics and when I mate it to the stock housings I will take detailed pics and explain the how and why and then if you are still interested I will start selling, with black widow being first he seems the most excited. Well almost time for another coat I need a life its firday night oh well back out to the shop I go
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yepppp ready and waiting.... ordered my 5w LEDs from China and been doing sketches on the pattern..... if any of you have ideas please post them
Thx ... another Widow upgrade COMING SOON !!!

Danyel

------------------

rumonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rumonkSend a Private Message to rumonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'd be interested in one for a notchie.
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are pics of progress not quite as far along as I had hoped but should be able to lay up the first part after work tomorrow.
Heres the mold it's a 3 piece that's what took a little longer but will be worth it

Here is a sample of how I'm doing my taillights

mrpontiac2004

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrpontiac2004Send a Private Message to mrpontiac2004Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. Might look cool with something that emulates 1st gen Firebird tailights along with the glowing PONTIAC in the middle. You've got me thinking about one. BTW - I really love that bumper skin! What tips are you using?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2010 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rear bumper skin is his own creation. Those are C6 Corvette tips... http://www.tlg-auto.com/Fie...C6-Exhaust-Tips.html (A shameless plug for TLG. )
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tony can I test fit this to your car just to be sure? I want to put it on someone's besides mine before I ship 1 to Canada
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock