Started on: 03-24-2010 03:30 PM
Replies: 400 (22329 views)
Last post by: Russ88TTop on 12-29-2019 11:25 AM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my door panels and trunk cover yesterday and they look super. Now to figure out how to install the door panel inserts properly. Russ includes instructions so today I will re-read and tackle that job. When complete I will get some pics posted.
Judging by the quality of the work; Russ is a master upholsterer.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ,

PM sent

Mike Parker
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finished installing one of Russ fantastic door panels and it looks super. Far better looking than the dated 80's looking speckled rug that was there. The fit and finish was perfect. All you need is a door panel removal tool to pop the fasteners and take the door panel off. Once that is done the job is not difficult to do. The map pocket nuts are taken off, old rug panel is sprayed with starting fluid (works like a charm) and taken off, the new panel is then fastened with velcro and glued in place with contact cement. You then pop the new panel in place-done. You can even choose to keep (re-use) the map pockets on the door or use the panels without them. While the map pockets are convenient to have IMO the interior looks so much better and uncluttered with the suede map pockets removed. Since I am one of the first to install Russ door panels I'll get some pics up this week. Outstanding product.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal sent. Cant wait to get and install all these goodies !!

-Alex
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received DARKWING trunk and spare tire area covers. Great work as allways. Sent feedback.

Thanks
Mike Parker
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroseblack

1047 posts
Member since Apr 2002
Here's a example of Russ's excelent work.

Thanks Russ,

Mike Parker
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis - thanks, and I had asked Dennis to evaluate the install instructions - he had some positive suggestions and I have changed them to add his recommendations to make it easier to install, especially for the novice.
Mike - Glad they made the delivery OK and your satisfied - thanks for the kind words and it was a pleasure to make them for you

Russ

------------------

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here the photos of the Russ door panels installed on my Fiero. They are on another thread but they are so nice that I thought that I'd post them here as well.
My only suggestion is that if you buy Russ door panels, send him your map pockets when you place the order so that they can be matched. I am still undecided whether the doors look better with or without the map pockets. On one hand they are convenient to have but on the other the interior looks bigger and less cluttered without them. I have an add on glovebox so things should work out fine.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?

-Alex
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received some more goodies from Russ. Had him do a set of covers, black, gray with red trim; floor mats, and a shift and e brake boot.

Seats

New floor mats

New boots

As soon as they came in, they got installed. Pics...

Seats installed

The embroidery is very nice also.

Great products and worth every penny.!!!

Thanks Russ!!!

-Alex

[This message has been edited by FieroGTRwideboby (edited 07-03-2012).]

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple pictures of my trunk cover, received today. Thanks, Russ.

PFF
System Bot
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I meant to post this up a month ago. I received my Haus of Guru and VR6 Fiero trunk covers....very happy.....very happy indeed.

Here is the Haus one....the VR6 is under the covers in the garage for now....

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2012 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alex - everything looks good, he actually sent me a photoshop of the seat design he wanted and I went from there. I like the style he came up with and will use it in the future
Bryan - cover looks good, how did the color's match to the description you gave me
Dave - glad your satisfied, thank for the nice words, here's a pic of the VR6 trunk cover that he has put away

Here's a pic of front cover that went out a few weeks ago

Russ

------------------

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a trunk cover that went out a few weeks ago to match the custom door panels

Russ

------------------

87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give your car the clean looking edge at your next cruise in. No one has to see the junk in your trunk anymore, and installation is a breeze.

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump....Russ check your PM's

------------------

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2012 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Angel - thanks for reposting the video
Amir - PM checked and replied to, been out of town past few days

Russ

------------------

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Russ,
Here is a photo (finally figured how to post photos) of the one piece front trunk cover you made for my Silver 88 Fiero GT.
It fits perfect and looks great, Thank You!
I only have one pneumatic gas lift rod installed, but probably should add another to hold the hood steady in windy conditions.
Sorry for the photo quality, it was taken with my Ipad2.

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
PFF
System Bot
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 11-19-2012).]

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent for Trunk Cover w/ custom lettering
j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there, I like your hood strut. What size are you using? Thanks, John

Originally posted by canfirst:

Hi Russ,
Here is a photo (finally figured how to post photos) of the one piece front trunk cover you made for my Silver 88 Fiero GT.
It fits perfect and looks great, Thank You!
I only have one pneumatic gas lift rod installed, but probably should add another to hold the hood steady in windy conditions.
Sorry for the photo quality, it was taken with my Ipad2.

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ,

Will you have any representation at Daytona 2013? We would be thrilled to see some of your stuff, or even better, you in person.

Robert
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
malkier - PM replied to
j bf1 - I just do the cover, however I PM'd John to let him know about your question
robert - Daytona not in the plans currently, however I'll check with Angel ( 87GT2M6 ) to see if he's planning to attend, if so I'll have some products for him -- and FYI, a couple of new items coming in the next few weeks

This cover just went out a few days ago

Russ

------------------

[This message has been edited by Russ88TTop (edited 12-07-2012).]

jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where can I find a price list for his products??

------------------
When I read about the EVILS of drinking, I gave up READING.

jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimlong67

256 posts
Member since Oct 2012
Where can I find a price list for his products??

------------------
When I read about the EVILS of drinking, I gave up READING.

canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
j bf1, I used a STABILUS utility gas spring with following characteristics:
Stroke Length: 4-3/4"
Extended Length: 12-3/4"
Compressed Length: 8"
Pressure Rating: 56 lbs
Product Item No. 8389033 purchased from Princess Auto in Canada

I used a 2" x 3-3/8" x 1/16" thick steel plate (used as a weight at the bottom of vertical window blinds), trimmed it to fit the profile of the hood mounting bracket, and used an existing hood bracket bolt to secure the steel plate in place. I still have to paint the steel plate black to match the underside of the hood with Krylon satin black paint.

STABILUS makes flat and 90 degree mounting brackets for the gas springs. I used a 90 degree mounting bracket kit that came with two 90 degree brackets with round ball piston end fitting and two spare threaded round ball fittings. I bolted a spare threaded round ball fitting to the steel plate, and used a 90 degree bracket bolted to the wall of the front trunk besides the existing threaded bolt. I have yet to add another gas spring on the passenger side of the front compartment to stabilize the hood in case of any gusty wind conditions.

I hope this information is helpful to others who are contemplating this modification.
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent - checking on status
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest one, went out yesterday

Russ

------------------

PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ88TTop:

Russ

COOL!!!

volt110

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for volt110Send a Private Message to volt110Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM replied to
Russ

------------------

volt110

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for volt110Send a Private Message to volt110Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just finished these custom covers for a customer. The grey velour is a lot lighter than showing in the Pics.
Again keep in mind , these are seat covers and not replacement covers. I've had a few questions about that.
I'll see if I can get better pics for Monday

The color shows much darker than it is

I make all the seat covers to order, so if you have any thing specific in mind let me know and I'll give you a price

Russ
www.rwupholstery.com

Russ,
These are the style, I will PM with colors.
Ed
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2012 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ,
Did you make the dash cover/mat shown in the photos from FieroGTRwideboby and if so, what is the cost for an 88 GT?
Have a very Merry Christmas and most Happy New Year!
John
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Russ

PM sent - concerning shipping / return of rounded trunk cover / replacment with correct square cover
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2013 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent (and bump!)
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent the correct Fastback trunk cover out to replace the one I made for a Notchie by mistake,

So I have the Notchie one in stock and ready to ship if anyone is interested

Russ
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay