Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  GT Trunk seals (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
GT Trunk seals by infinitewill
Started on: 09-04-2009 07:39 PM
Replies: 1200 (47992 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 12-06-2021 04:07 PM
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good to me

Thanks

****Even better now that I own page 14 *****

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 05-22-2010).]

IP: Logged
an88_fierodiva

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for an88_fierodivaClick Here to visit an88_fierodiva's HomePageSend a Private Message to an88_fierodivaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Will.

Do you know if paypal invoices expire, as I wonder if you can send me a paypal invoice and when my husband is ready to order (for my birthday ) He can do it.

Thanks again for all your hard work - you have done great and understand it must be hard to do a full time job and this as well.

Thanks again
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by an88_fierodiva:

Thanks Will.

Do you know if paypal invoices expire,

They do not... Or at least it takes months to expire...
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Will, did mine ship out Wednesday?

Steve
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Hey Will, did mine ship out Wednesday?

Steve

Steve see the last post on the previous page

\/\/
an88_fierodiva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for an88_fierodivaClick Here to visit an88_fierodiva's HomePageSend a Private Message to an88_fierodivaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Will - you have pm
currie68

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
payment and address sent thank you so much for this
you are a great man for this service..
fklucznik

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fklucznikClick Here to visit fklucznik's HomePageSend a Private Message to fklucznikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent pay pal funds.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Well, I landed here in KC about 2 hours ago, 30 minutes before the skies opened up with one H3LL of a lightning storm! WOW!!! Man am I glad I was on the ground before this broke loose. The new bonding agent arrived as promised and this afternoon/evening I get to play mad scientist and see if I can bring this creation to life. I should know in about 3 hours if this stuff is a incredible as it has been touted to be.

I will let you know.

\/\/

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Jakesdads86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakesdads86gtSend a Private Message to Jakesdads86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, I'd like one, once you're up and running again.

PM sent
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jakesdads86gt:

Will, I'd like one, once you're up and running again.

PM sent

Invoice sent
PFF
System Bot
Jakesdads86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakesdads86gtSend a Private Message to Jakesdads86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PayPal sent. Thanks!
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Well, I have good news and bad news. First the good news, this stuff is freakin' amazing! It bonded in 15 seconds and was fully cured in about 2 hours. Meaning I can make a seal and ship it the next day. It also stays quite a bit more flexible then the first method but only use will tell if that is a long term issue.

Now the bad news, I didn't find this stuff 3 months ago I have wasted hundreds of hours and $$$ trying various bonding methods but that is the way R&D goes some times. Oh, and my basement flooded due to the monster storm we had yesterday. Although that later part has nothing to do with the trunk seals, it is none-the-less still bad news.

I should have replacements ready to ship starting tomorrow morning and all current orders done this weekend. I will send a shipping labels with the replacement so you can send me the originals back. I might be able to salvage some of the extrusion for new seals and at $4.25+ a foot I sure as heck am not about to just pitch them.

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 05-27-2010).]

SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two words: SUMP PUMP! Sorry to hear about your flooding - always a mess and some loss involved. Meanwhile, count your blessings! Things could be worse - much worse!

Larry
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SC Coupe:

Two words: SUMP PUMP! Sorry to hear about your flooding - always a mess and some loss involved. Meanwhile, count your blessings! Things could be worse - much worse!

Larry

Right you are Larry, we have one. It was overwhelmed as we had what amounted to 3 in of rain in less than an hour. The pump couldn't keep up It definitely could have been worse though. This is the second time in 6 years. The previous owner claimed they had never had a water issue but there is now a lot of evidence that was total BS. To late to do anything about it now but move on.

\/\/
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Hey Gang, thought you might want to know that I have finished all of the seals that "should have been sent" last week. I have also been able to finish all of the replacement seals for the three people that had bad ones and those for 86soon3.4, BMTFIERO, and Team Race-Tech. I will have time to finish more tomorrow and Tuesday so I will PM you individually to let you know what's up. I also owe a public apology to Marc (gokart) because I was a complete horse's rear to him last week while I was dealing with the production issues and I unfairly gave him my wrath. His seal goes out first

Now for something completely humiliating. I mentioned that my basement flooded during our deluge on Wed. Well there is more to the story. I wet vac'ed all of the water in the basement and got some serious airflow through there to dry things out. Friday I bought a new power washer and for 3 hours power washer my deck, garage floor and driveway (which hasn't been done in years). Yesterday I went down in to my basement and was faced with about a half an inch of water nearly wall to wall and we haven't have rain for 4 days. It turns out the water wasn't from flooding it was from a burst frost proof sillcock that had not been used since last fall/year (which I had connected to power washer to). My son had been over on Tuesday to water my wife's garden while I was out of town and used the same facet and apparently that is where the water came from on Wed. Friday water poured into my basement for 3 HOURS! What a mess, but at least it was clean water

\/\/

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 05-30-2010).]

Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it ain't one thing it's another!!
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

***** UPDATE *****

Hey Gang, thought you might want to know that I have finished all of the seals that "should have been sent" last week. I have also been able to finish all of the replacement seals for the three people that had bad ones and those for 86soon3.4, BMTFIERO, and Team Race-Tech. I will have time to finish more tomorrow and Tuesday so I will PM you individually to let you know what's up. I also owe a public apology to Marc (gokart) because I was a complete horse's rear to him last week while I was dealing with the production issues and I unfairly gave him my wrath. His seal goes out first

Now for something completely humiliating. I mentioned that my basement flooded during our deluge on Wed. Well there is more to the story. I wet vac'ed all of the water in the basement and got some serious airflow through there to dry things out. Friday I bought a new power washer and for 3 hours power washer my deck, garage floor and driveway (which hasn't been done in years). Yesterday I went down in to my basement and was faced with about a half an inch of water nearly wall to wall and we haven't have rain for 4 days. It turns out the water wasn't from flooding it was from a burst frost proof sillcock that had not been used since last fall/year (which I had connected to power washer to). My son had been over on Tuesday to water my wife's garden while I was out of town and used the same facet and apparently that is where the water came from on Wed. Friday water poured into my basement for 3 HOURS! What a mess, but at least it was clean water

\/\/

No apology necessary Will. You're a busy man and doing us all a huge service with the gaskets. Sorry you've had to endure so much.
Btw, plumbers tell me these new burst frost proof sillcock's are fool proof as long as there isn't a hose connected to it during freeze-ups. I manage a condominium site and they're being installed on many of the units. I've always been skeptical of them. What a nightmare it'll be if they do not work!
Marc
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marc,

You just hit the nail on the head. I didn't not disconnect the hose from the faucet last fall. I had quick disconnect (the cheap plastic kind that come with a hose reel) on the hose and faucet and they cracked. I removed the cracked pieces and meant to replace them with metal and actually disconnect them but I never got around to it. I normally have a check list to remind me of things like that as I never remember to check them. This is the first time I have ever left a hose connected over the winter and SPLITSVILLE, the pipe burst. Funny thing is that the frost proof sillcock did exactly what it is supposed to do. It didn't burst the pipe on the pressurized size, it burst on the hose side. Same on me for not checking

I had an interesting weekend with an old friend of mine coming over for dinner last evening. He is a chemist and we were talking about the problems I have faced bonding the corners of these seals together. He confirmed virtually everything I learned from the chemist that invented the new bonding agent. Never use acetone to clean rubber, always use M.E.K. (and wear gloves because it can be cumulatively toxic and potentially lethal when absorbed through the skin) or better isopropyl alcohol which leave no reside of any kind. He also mentioned the worst thing you can spray on rubber is WD-40. His lab has done dozens of tests and the problem is that WD-40 displaces water (moisture is what prevents rubber from dry rot and cracking) and will greatly accelerate the deterioration of the rubber is your seals. It will initially seem more pliable and then disintegrate over time. Interesting stuff.

I shipped 8 seals out this morning and should have another 4 out before I leave this evening. should be able to knock out a few this weekend as well.

\/\/

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 06-01-2010).]

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just wondering how the order is coming along.

Joe
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Team Race-Tech:

just wondering how the order is coming along.

Joe

Joe,

Check your PMs

\/\/
PFF
System Bot
Smokey626

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smokey626Send a Private Message to Smokey626Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will got your invoice Thank You
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my gasket Thursday. Very excited so I installed it that night! Fit nice and snug in all 4 corners. Little excess in the middle closest to the engine side like Will's instructions said it would but no problems getting it into the lip. I was nervous when I was pushing it in the corners because I could see the seam and remember Will had issues with the sealant. Nothing came apart! Real test was today because we had extreme downpours and I would always get a little water in there I'd have to wipe up. Not anymore! Everything was completely dry
Thanks Will!

------------------

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Will I got an email saying mine shipped but I haven't recieved it yet.

Steve
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.....still waiting

Steve
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will,

PM Sent
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, recieved the trunk seal today! LOOKS NICE!!! Well done!

Steve
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Will, recieved the trunk seal today! LOOKS NICE!!! Well done!

Steve

Steve,

Glad it made it finally arrived. I have been in PA for the last 4 days doing workshops and my net access was non-existant. I really like the new top sealer-less joInt although the other way in all likelyhood makes a stronger joint. The new aircraft bonding agent is some seriously wicked stuff if you get it on you skin!

In Milwaukee waiting on my flight home right now. I should be able to get several more orders out this week including the ones for the folks in the "Great White North".

Will

------------------

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 06-09-2010).]

BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you receive my last PM. I only received one great looking seal

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 06-10-2010).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BMTFIERO:

Did your receive my last PM. I only received one great looking seal

Tim,

Got it. You other order will be out tomorrow morning

Will

------------------

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 06-11-2010).]

BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, thanks for you time and resources in bringing this product to the Fiero community
PFF
System Bot
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

pm sent

Your "surprise package" will go out tomorrow

------------------

flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, Did ya get my pm?
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flimbob:

Will, Did ya get my pm?

Michael,

The one able the label? I replied the day I got it from you. I will resend

\/\/

It is ironic that the skies are clear all week when we are working and raining all weekend when we are actually try to get things done ......

------------------

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 06-12-2010).]

currie68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOOOOHOOOO
wife called said my package got there today.
cant wait till i get home tomarrow to install
this awesome product in my car...........
I just realized you shipped that friday
from kansas to oregon over the weekend
wow wow usps moving real quick

[This message has been edited by currie68 (edited 06-14-2010).]

nutherproject68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nutherproject68Send a Private Message to nutherproject68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Will

I just recieved the second seal today.

Thanks,
Tim
currie68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
utohhh will we have a big problem got the seal
i will pm you
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***** UPDATE *****

Just a quick update as I have been traveling this week. I have several orders that didn't get shipped Sat. as I didn't get tot the Post Office in time and had to fly out Sun. I also have a MAJOR upgrade in the works that will effect both past and future customers alike. I have started on Phase Two of the trunk seal project. I met briefly with my extruded and they have started on the tooling (which will likely take a few months) but more importantly, this will dramatically streamline the manufacturing process. Production will take minutes not days and with much stronger corners.

Will

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 31 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock