Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  WTB 8" Under the dash custom Subwoofer Box (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
WTB 8" Under the dash custom Subwoofer Box by FieroJonney
Started on: 08-06-2009 01:04 AM
Replies: 217 (12682 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 11-14-2019 05:34 PM
Black Pegasus

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Little bump with a visual support.

Those are the bracket set cut that needed to be bent. Corrections were made so the final bracket look will be a little different, but it gives an idea of what the shapes are.

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

IP: Logged
Robb Craige

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robb CraigeSend a Private Message to Robb CraigeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the cost per unit
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Robb Craige,

It's not calculated yet. By finishing my first batch, I will be able to calculate an average on the time it takes me, and the material I use.

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

Still waiting the batch of bracket I ordered to the waterjet company.

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might be interested in this as well, depending upon price.
Please PM me if I don't respond to the thread when they're ready.

Thanks!

Steve

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2013 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I might be interested in this as well, depending upon price.
Please PM me if I don't respond to the thread when they're ready.

Thanks!

Steve

ditto

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wrote you all down onto the list,

Still waiting for a word back from the waterjet compagny.

I will anounce the pricing as soon as my first batch is ready!

Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! It's been a long time since I posted here!
Things got so busy I didn't see the time fly by, barely logged on any Fiero Forums. First, I will answer questions that some had PMed me or asked me in the past: Will there be a less expensive DIY package available? Here is a little more on the decisions I've

Do not forget that this is custom fabrication. It was designed the product around my car therefore fitting it in other cars could require some slight modifications, some patience and some work. Different cars have different tolerances and options therefore some enclosure will be easier to install then others (ie. weather you have A/C or not). Although I've created ways to adjust the fitment, it is possible that the product cannot fit in your car (for example, if your car has a bent frame). It is extremely difficult to make this both a finished and universal product. In the ideal world, I would have to make all the modifications to the brackets for that specific car prior prepping, gluing and screwing the brackets into the enclosure. Let us not forget that this product is more complex, time consuming and that there is more factor/components to take into consideration than to make a hood scoop, side scoop or any other bodywork products. The design and shape isn't just for aesthetic purposes. Its function, its needs and the physics involved (Which were all mastered) are a challenge on its own that other general fiberglass product would never have to consider giving their applications. This explain the long developing possess along with the fact that I am doing this project on free time.

I have thought for a long time on how I will sell this product. Weather I sell the finished product that you only need to screw your subwoofer into the enclosure or I would sell an "IKEA" package that each customer would have to mount their brackets onto the enclosure and so on. Since the installation of the brackets to the enclosure is of critical matter because it is a weak point that could potentially emit enough vibration noises to be heard, I've decided to sell it as a finished product.

For these reasons, the only guarantee is that the product will fit perfectly inside my car.
Basically, I'm selling a reproduction of a custom enclosure fitted for my car; therefore it is difficult to gauge how the fitment will be on any other cars. Like said earlier, I've successfully installed it in 3 cars, but I also had a problem with another one of my installation in another car (The frame behind the enclosure [The weelwell] was bent due to an accident and prevented the enclosure from sliding into place).

I just want to be honest and warn people in advance that there might be some work involved to install this product. That if it's not done properly, it could result in noticeable vibration noise. Also it's not a full plug and play product, work is involved since you need to do some wiring (The amp to the enclosure), take off the dash (Which includes many things), and possibly tweak the brackets for the enclosure to fit perfectly into your car.

Now, if someone has a problem, question or fitment issue, I will do my best to help them out in their particular situation. I will also put up all the information to be able to install the product along with requirements, tips and tricks for the best result which is: An amazing sound without any vibration noise.

Finally, I will leave you on a more positive note with an update:

I received all the brackets from the waterjet company. Unfortunately by that time, school restarted and life got in the way once again. I did have time to install the latest bracket design (The one that will be used for production that had been cut by waterjet) on one of the production enclosure. I had the chance to test its fitment in my car before winterizing it. Great news, the Jig is spot on! I won't have to do any other modification to the bracket design, nor the bracket alignment jig that I will use. Each production enclosure would now be able to be installed perfectly into my car.

Now I am sure there will be some variance between different fiero frames. I've already witness some of those differences when I installed them inside of my brother's car and my father's car. The only concerns I had was how much of a difference could there be! Since everything is such a tight fit, and that there is "little" to "no room" available to play with (The enclosure needs to be align correctly inside the under dash area regardless of what the bracket's bends and bolt positions are.), I've incorporated those concerns into the bracket design, the jig and the overall final product. This is why the brackets won't be pre-drilled (In case the holes wouldn't line up in a costumer's car) and in addition, I took the precaution that shimming the bracket/slightly modifying the bends will be possible along with other minor modifications.

Thanks,
Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump because im still interested. Just waiting patiently.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for updates?!
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like this is dead in the water....
Black Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone!

I know there wasn't any updates for this thread for over a year. I will try to keep this short. I've been out of all Fiero related projects for a long time. This project has been on hold since I've discovered that after a couple of year, problems developed with my original design. The screws that holds the subwoofer to the enclosure were good at first, but after a couple of years of removal/installation, temperature variation and vibration, it now makes a little vibration noise while the subwoofer plays. Perhaps not noticeable to some, but enough to bug me and make me do something about it.

I haven't been able to resolve this issue. I've been thinking about it on and off for over a year and never found a solution that was good enough. That changed about 3-4 days ago.

This new idea means that a redesign of the enclosure will need to be done and the fabricating process will also change. Before that though, some tests will needed to make a proof of concept. If it works, the design will become better than ever.

I want to thank you all for your patience. I still have no ETA on when the product will hit the market. I will be going back to school outside of province in September so time and money (once again) will be limited. I still haven't gave up yet though!

Thank you all for the support and interest! I will keep you guys informed.
Fred

------------------
87 Pontiac Fiero GT

[This message has been edited by Black Pegasus (edited 08-03-2015).]

FieroJuice

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holiday break 2015. A great time to work on this...

------------------
MaskJuice
88 Black Formula

msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2019 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Necro posting...

any updates?
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2019 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How'd this thread hit 4 years without posts without dropping into the archives?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2019 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

How'd this thread hit 4 years without posts without dropping into the archives?

I think that since HDD space has gotten relatively inexpensive, Cliff has stopped archiving.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock