Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: TLG-Auto Stealth Wing Stand for Factory Spoiler (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: TLG-Auto Stealth Wing Stand for Factory Spoiler by Oslo
Started on: 06-01-2009 02:02 AM
Replies: 113 (8833 views)
Last post by: Nospeedlimit55 on 04-14-2017 12:00 PM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Top Line Group Automotive - www.tlg-auto.com

Stealth Wing Stand
Factory Replacement Installation! No custom work required!

For sale is a pair of wing stands for all years/models Fiero. You receive 2 wing stands finished in gray primer, 2 new gaskets, new mounting hardware, and step by step instructions for $80. These stands are a direct replacement for your factory wing stand and will do two things that make it look much more aggressive and streamlined:
1. Drop the wing almost all the way to the deck. There is still enough room to clean/dry underneath.
2. Move the wing back. This will give it a "drag style" look. With these stands the trailing edge of the factory wing will hang off the back of the decklid over the tail lights.

For those out there that wish to do a custom mounted wing, or change the location there are several mounting points pre-installed to accommodate custom mounting. This piece however is designed to replace the factory wing stand without modification to the wing or decklid.

This stand is designed for the factory Fiero wing only.

The stands are easy to install. Simply remove the wing/stands from car and remove the old original wing stands. Then with the included hardware attach the wing to the new stands and mount to the decklid.

The price is $80 per unit.

Right now there are only 4 sets ready to go. Please let me know if you want one and you can be put on a waiting list if they sell out.

Please check out our Fiero section:
www.tlg-auto.com
------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-auto.com

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 06-01-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Factory Wing Stand:

Stealth Wing Stand:

Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How does it look on a fastback? The photos are a little too close to get a good idea of the look. May be interested cause I think it would look awesome on mine.
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted this in the other thread, but I figure it belongs here now...

I think it looks perfect on the notchback, square and all. The notchy's are square-ish so it matches.
But... fastback? Does it look exactly as posted above with the pre-production set?

Can I sand the square-ness off to make them round without destroying them?

Actually, if you can get a set to me before Friday I can install them as is and take fastback pics for you.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 06-01-2009).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riddick85:

The photos are a little too close to get a good idea of the look.

How can I get better pictures for you? I took them close up and far away, how can you get a better idea than what I have posted?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Fits the fastback as it is on the silver notchback above.I will post pictures later. Yes the stands are solid so they can be sanded to a custom shape if wanted. A person could also use body filler to add mass or fill areas etc. Mounting holes have to retain the distance between holes (approx 147MM for a fastack deck, 115MM for the notchback) otherwise drilling a 8.8MM diameter hole and using a 6mm allen wrench would allow the mounting hole inserts to be relocated.
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: posted right before me

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fan_88 (edited 06-01-2009).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once i get my next pay check count me in on a set
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like one of the first sets is on the way to ALLTRBO, I have 3 more sets ready to ship now.

FASTBACK INFO:

The pictures that I posted in the development thread in GFC use a wing stand that has not been altered in any way from the final production version except for the fact that the production version corrects the little gap on the passenger side wing stand tip.

These are a good representation of how it will look on a fastback:

The biggest difference that you will see between notchback and fastback are this:
1. Fastback mounting seems to put the wing back a little bit more on the car.
2. Notchback seems to keep the wing lower to the deck.

Otherwise they're good to go. I do not have a fastback car available to take better pictures of right now.

EDIT: These are not available on the website yet ( www.tlg-auto.com ) because I want to give PFF members a first crack at them.

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 06-01-2009).]

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hm. tempting. me thinks on Friday when I get paid I'll have to invest. I love the look on that notchie. Wonder how it'll look on my red formula.
PFF
System Bot
teleotti_GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for teleotti_GTClick Here to visit teleotti_GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to teleotti_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice upgrade, but for the fastback I bet it would look better with a smooth back-side-line...

sorry for the quick, bad photoshop
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may be in for a set. I have an 87GT. I just want to see pics like the Notchie. Farther away than the earlier Fastback pics. Great design. I also like the fact that I can round off the edges to fit the style of the Fastbacks. I will be watching. Looks great Oslo.

------------------

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are these made of?
Rixthetrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RixthetrickClick Here to visit Rixthetrick's HomePageSend a Private Message to RixthetrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks good, waiting to hear what material they are made of also.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These stands, and all of the other stands currently available at www.tlg-auto.com are made from polyurethane casting resin and reinforced with fiberglass. They appear to be fiberglass on the outside, very durable and smooth, yet light weight, but when you drill into the material it appears to be like a hard plastic.

It would be very easy to reshape the main structure by either sanding away material or adding fiberglass and/or body filler material.
TEXASGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
User Banned

Report this Post06-04-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TEXASGTSend a Private Message to TEXASGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one!
Rixthetrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RixthetrickClick Here to visit Rixthetrick's HomePageSend a Private Message to RixthetrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by teleotti_GT:

nice upgrade, but for the fastback I bet it would look better with a smooth back-side-line...

sorry for the quick, bad photoshop

teleotti_GT,
yeah that does look tidy - could also modify them as Oslo said to make them protrude a little less out the front of the wing, as the mounting holes are respectively not so far forward of the wing in the latter position.

Oslo,
you mentioned:

otherwise drilling a 8.8MM diameter hole and using a 6mm allen wrench would allow the mounting hole inserts to be relocated.

So then would what teleotti_GT has photoshopped be readily achievable?

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What teleotti_GT is suggesting would be possible. The way you would achieve it is to modify the surface where the stand meets the decklid.

You can not modify the surface between the wing and the stand.

The studs that are flush mounted on the bottom of the stand for decklid mounting can be changed if desired.

Another option is to simply drill new holes in the decklid to move the wing and stand wherever you want it. Just be sure that the new mounting location covers up the old factory holes.

Either way will work.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And I plan on doing something just like that.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my stands about two hours ago. Nice! They seem to be well built and sturdy.

There are, in fact, mounting locations already installed to move the wing forward on the fastback! It places the wing slightly further forward than the photoshop above, and it looks just right to me! It looks like there will need to be some very mild sanding/shaping to make them look perfect there, but nothing too much for sure. I do plan on shaping the square front profile into a round one, but I haven't yet.

I took several pics of it in my garage, and the car is going onto a trailer tomorrow (it doesn't run yet) so if I remember I will take pics of it out there as well before it goes away for a while. I'm glad I got them tonight, my car leaves at ~9am tomorrow!

I'll post a thread this weekend with the pics and link to it here.

------------------

88 Fiero GT - garage ornament
'96 Talon TSi AWD - 11.9 @ 116, sorta broke again
'90 Camaro IROC-Z twin-turbo - sorta broke again
'85 Kawi 750 Turbo - sorta broke still
'95 Kawi GPZ1100 - 10 second daily driver, heh

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 06-05-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2009 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To the top. These will be for sale on our website before the end of the week.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:
I'll post a thread this weekend with the pics and link to it here.

Sorry about missing the weekend, very very busy. I did get all of the pics, and posting a thread is on my near to-do list.

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ALLTRBO

2023 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Here's my thread, I will post more in it about them later...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/076277.html
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2009 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. Feedback left.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2009 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks also, feedback returned.

Have you sold any more yet? If not, I imagine you will soon, heh.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-09-2009 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oslo, I sent you a PM last night. ALLTRBO, that car looks great. I like where you are going with her.

------------------

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2009 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you got one that if you redrill the holes doesnt show so much of it? If you drill the holes further back or shorten it because it is drilled further back have you made one?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Have you got one that if you redrill the holes doesnt show so much of it? If you drill the holes further back or shorten it because it is drilled further back have you made one?

This is a picture that ALLTRBO took and posted in his showoff thread:

The stand itself would be very easy to cut and remold, and at that point you'd be able redrill the mounting holes. Theoretically what you are proposing to do would work, but it's up to your risk!

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-auto.com

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:
This is a picture that ALLTRBO took and posted in his showoff thread:

It's not quite a showoff thread, I posted the pics so everyone who was asking could see what the stands look like on the fastback from further away, etc. I really didn't want to show the car in its current state, believe me.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 06-10-2009).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to the top.
PFF
System Bot
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many more do you have in stock for the time being?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2009 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have one more in stock, and when it sells we will get a new batch ready.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-16-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine are to arrive Wednesday. I am sure that I will post some pics after I get them installed. From looking at Alltrbo's pics, I am sure that I will not be dissapointed.
widebody_dreamin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2009 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for widebody_dreaminSend a Private Message to widebody_dreaminEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I am wrong about the amount in stock. We just sold one and have 2 more ready to go. When they run out, more can be ready in a week's time.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2009 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recieved my set this morning around 11:00. I really could not have been happier when I opened the box. All bubble wrapped, directions, hardware, and even a packet of Loc-Tite! (I guess I will just add it to my gallons of Loc-Tite that I already have. ) The shipping of the stands, and the packing of everything is just awesome.

I then removed my wing, and stumbled when two of the #2 phillips screws were spinning the nut in the wing. I finally removed the screw and nut as a whole. This left a hole in the underside of the wing. Not to worry though. A new flange nut and a bit of JB epoxy fixed it better than new. I will leave it to set until tomorrow. If anyone has this issue, it is really an easy fix.

As far as I am concerned about the quality of the stands, the are just perfect. I decided to sand mine down to help match the lines of my GT. Upon sanding, I discovered several small pin holes. These are easy to fill and sand over. The shape of the stand is a bit complex, so I am not at all upset with the quality of the stands. Very cool product. I reccomend them to anyone. I plan on doing a final sanding tomorrow morning. After just a light sanding, and cleaning up of the dust, I will apply one more coat of primer, followed up by a semi-flat black, and then topped off with a little clear. I am not about to match the 20 plus year old paint. I am going to try and match the stands to the grills. In the future, I will paint the whole car. So I see no reason to test my paint skills.

After I have them installed tomorrow, I will post up some before and after shots. Once again, this is a great product. I like the fact that I was able to shape them how I want. This was very important in my decision to buy these stands. I had a crack in one of my factory stands that I just could not live with. This gives me the look that I am after. More tomorrow.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-18-2009).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2009 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
Well, here is the finished product installed. A little before and after...

Once again, I am very happy with the outcome of this modification. Thanks to Oslo for such a great piece.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2009 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am throwing out a free bump. These parts are just awesome.
MiJunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiJunkSend a Private Message to MiJunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock