Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes by DIY_Stu
Started on: 08-28-2008 11:00 PM
Replies: 1132 (44015 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-25-2014 09:19 AM
Larry Nakamura

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal and PM sent....
IP: Logged
aaronkoch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, Paypal sent about 30 seconds ago. Sending PM with address for you to match with payment.
GS Jon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal sent!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All received. I tried to get more inner materials. Was told that they were back ordered. I was as dumbfounded as he was. He's having another location "sell" him some to get to me while we wait. I did know at the time that Sabooo had paid for his inner and outer sets so I stopped at another dealer and paid their hefty price for them. You know you're about to take it when the guy at the computer starts by saying "Well you know GM just released a price increase across the board on all parts don't you." This was said just after I told him the last price I paid there and told him the price I wanted. Of course they were both quite a bit lower than what he wrote them up for. Oh well my loss but you all will still get the quality materials you expect from me. AT this time in the future I currently see no reason to increase my prices on anything I sell. And you can quote me. Also if I EVER have to settle for materials that don't meet my high expectations then they will not be sold to anyone else you have that as your guarantee for Quality.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu,

Thanks for your dedication to the cause. Viva la Fiero!
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I swear, you Texans will save out country someday.

One of these days I'm gonna have to move there.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're a republic. We'll just branch off.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1: Infinitewill - kit PAID. ***SHIPPED***
2: Revin PAID ***SHIPPED***
3: labbe001 PAID. ***SHIPPED***
4: Hardpact PAID ***SHIPPED***
5: Goldenfoot - kit PAID ***SHIPPED***
6: Spune - kit PAID *SHIPPING*
7: Rick T - outer PAID wants Kit Owes Ready to ship
8: GS Jon - kit PAID *SHIPPING*
9: Saboo PAID ***SHIPPED***
10: Custom 84cp
11: Blueiii PAID ***SHIPPED***
12: 6244
13: F. Mauer - kit PAID *SHIPPING*
14: Doug C PAID *SHIPPING*
15: AaronKoch - kit PAID ***SHIPPED***

16: Larry Nakamura pass side PAID ***SHIPPED***

I'm currently waiting on inner materials. They may show up today. If they do I'll ship them Monday. P.O. Closed at Noon around here today.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 07-22-2009).]

Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal sent
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh so that's who that was. I was just thinking people were sending me money at random. Guys and Gals I need you to make sure to include your PFF name in your paypals wo I know who it is.

Stu
Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry! i had expected a PM when they were ready and caught the thread 5 minutes before leaving the office. Cabele@Goretriever.com, ship to 4550 copland blvd.
PFF
System Bot
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payday is this Friday, I'll get a check cut and mailed out then *free bump!*
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what is your paypal account please pm me it thanx~Tom

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
payment sent ..........giggity........
Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shipped yet?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW what a week so far. Bee working long and hard at the normal job this will be one sweet check.

It has nearly been a full week since I placed my order for materials with GM. Yes I use GM for my inner materials. At this time I'm on a back order with the possibility of locating elsewhere. I have an account with one GM parts counter that won't work elsewhere. This is what helps keep your costs down.

Koch your KIT will mail out tomorrow as well as any outer orders that are paid for up to this time.
GS Jon & Spune yours will go out Friday with any orders paid by tomorrow 5pm CST.
I'm sending PM's to the rest of the list tonight.

Stu

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 07-08-2009).]

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Stu
Larry Nakamura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just recieved the package and the outer dew wipe looks great!
Thanks for your help in keeping our Fieros looking great.
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet Jeebus! Thanks Stu, although this does mean that I now will have to get off my ever-increasing ass and work on my car this weekend.

Yay! Stu wipes on the way!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Koch you're in Washington. It's 3-5 days shipment. 3 days in most cases. You've got time to add another pound.
GS Jon did you meet me at The Roundup 11 in June 2008 I was the poor guy installing dews in the blistering heat.
Are you going to the gatesville thing this saturday?

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 07-09-2009).]

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately I haven't been to any meets yet. I just recently got my '87 GT and I'm working on getting it road worthy as of right now, which means I won't make it to the meet Saturday. I need to figure out where you guys plan your get togethers so I can plan on attending. The involvement in the Texas Fiero community is awe-inspiring, and I want to get in on it. I'm the kind of guy that would have helped you install them if you didn't mind. I learn by doing things hands-on, and there's a lot to learn about the quirky Fiero.

Thanks to your wipes, I'll be that much closer to having a Fiero that represents how a Fiero should be treated: with care and dignity. Can't wait for the wipes, I also have a Rodney Dickman dew wipe installer tool coming in the mail soon! I'm so stoked!

[This message has been edited by GS Jon (edited 07-09-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Larry Nakamura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have trouble getting those 2 screws out with Rodney's tool,
Then the trick is to take the door panel off, roll the window up,
take the rubber end things from the door, take the window track
out (mark where the 4-10mm bolts were, and clean/lube the track), take
the window stops out (mark where the 10mm bolts were),

Now you can raise the window up quite a bit more, while assisting
the window up and towards the rear of the car, till you get just
enough clearance to get a screw driver under the window. You
can see there are slots cut to allow the screw driver into the screws.
The screws are usually rusted in and therefore need a good amount of
force applied to break them loose.

Once you get those 2 screws out you are home free. Just
install everything back as you took it out. Reseat the plastic
window bushing into the window track and rebolt the track in
place were you marked the bolt positions. I use alittle something
sticky to hold the new screws onto the screw driver when taking
the dew wipe screws in and out. A trick that will save you from
dropping them down in the door.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang, thanks Larry! A + for you!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Magnetic pick up tool used while removing. thin strips of duct tape while putting them back in. EASY EASY EASY!
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got em - they look fantastic. Project list +1.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine as welll. A+ to you Stu!!
Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine came in today, but won't be touched until project Grrr gets back from paint. . . that's the plan, anyway. We shall see. . .
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, can you PM me a tracking number if any? Thanks.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.

Ok Guys Here's what I got going on. I have been waiting and waiting for this back order to come in for Inner Materials. I've managed to deplete what was left in a 50 mile radius of my location. I have now have some great news. I have found a location I may be able to get them in bulk. I'll keep you posted. However I can ship all the outers and felts then later ship the inner sets if need be.

Stu
NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu I sent you a PM a couple days ago I don't know if you got it or not?
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu,

I'll be happy to just keep waiting until you get all the materials so you only have to ship it in one shot. Just PM me when it's ready to ship so I can be sure to be home when it arrives.
PFF
System Bot
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment was put in the outbox at work this weekend, should have left yesterday (Monday).

Sent you a PM describing the envelope since I used stationary from my work heh...
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news. Inner material is on it's way. This is the GM supply. So quality is the same. They said the shipment will ship on Thursday. I'll expect them in on Tues or Wed. So I'll be holding the KIT Orders until then. Kit buyers I'm so sorry for the delay. I never thought the Parts guy was buying my orders from the local dealers. So it now turns out they're all waiting on materials. So this way I have a much more stable supply.

Stu

PS. Also those of you having to wait.... I'll make it up to you. Maybe small maybe big but I'll be getting you something extra. GS Jon. I know you're willing to wait no problem,,,, But your on that list of having to wait. I appreciate everyone's patience on this.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 07-14-2009).]

Spune

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpuneSend a Private Message to SpuneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waiting is no problem Stu, just keep up the quality and we'll be happy.
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great product thanx very much got mine today!!!!!!~Tom

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, my payment arrive yet? Shouldn't take too long from WA to TX...
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, my dew wipes arrived today, unscathed and perfect! I saw the "made in the USA" words lasered on to the wipe, way to go!

You truly make a quality product!

(to everybody else: I think Stu kidnapped Santa's elves and is forcing them to work in a sweat shop behind his house. These things are seriously better than OEM.)

edited: left glowing feedback.

[This message has been edited by aaronkoch (edited 07-16-2009).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DougC:

Stu, my payment arrive yet? Shouldn't take too long from WA to TX...

Yes it has. They'll go out tomorrow morn. Wife almost did her usual with junk mail. She thought that was some sort of insurance solicitation. I'm glad she didn't

Stu
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-17-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To anyone thinking of replacing their old, cracked, sunbaked dew wipes.....these are definately the ones that you want on your Fiero. I had finally gotten around to replacing mine yesterday. The new wipes are the cats meow when it comes to quality. Great craftsmanship Stu. Thank you for supplying us with such a wonderful, and needed product.

Tony
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Yes it has. They'll go out tomorrow morn. Wife almost did her usual with junk mail. She thought that was some sort of insurance solicitation. I'm glad she didn't

Stu

I can see the junk mail, but insurance???
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock