Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes (Page 20)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: DIY_Stu Window Seals / Dew Wipes by DIY_Stu
Started on: 08-28-2008 11:00 PM
Replies: 1132 (44013 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-25-2014 09:19 AM
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE!!!!
UPDATE!!!
UPDATE!!!

Figured out the last 6 months of events hurt much worse than expected! BILLS BILLS BILLS ETC.....
Many I didn't even know about showing up with 180+ past due notices. Just great! Word of the wise. Make sure you know about everything before getting rid of someone. Good news. I get to catch up and she can't drag me down any more.

THE REAL UPDATE

Just ordered enough materials to knock out 30 sets. DID NOT ORDER INNER MATERIALS. Sure they make money, but just not enough and demand for them is hectic. However I may order some a little later as I do still have several "dusty" sets from the last batch.

Due to circumstances I did lose my NET status with my supplier. This batch was a ***** to order. Then on top of that the confirmation was missing one of the items. So lets hope they got the correction before they ship out on Monday.

To date I have one Trade deal and one prepay that I really shouldn't have taken. He's been waiting a number of months and that just drags my rep down more than this huge delay. So he will be getting something extra that I was working on before all of the trouble started.

Go ahead and know that as my future gets better I will have several new items to offer if no one beats me to it. if they do so be it they are cool as hell any way. One item will be HUGE! and I hope a great deal at that. Not sure yet because final costs once in production isn't clear, but last calculation is I must sell 20 of the KITS to just break even on materials and that's not covering the R&D one bit. Affects a large portion of the car. I would ask for beta testers, but I have 2 cars to test on and two great friends to experiment with as well. And if it's a hit... Why not give to the Shipman's while I'm at it. We'll see.

SO what's the overall conclusion. One week to get materials for DEWS then at least one week to get them made. Please remember I am a ONE MAN SHOW AND A SINGLE DADDY FIRST! Things will take longer with me. As time goes I plan to get a right hand man to help me out.

Stu
IP: Logged
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hang in there Stu.
-Joe
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu,

Need any help let me know.

Rich
OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to be your first 'welcome back' customer
I don't mind pre-paying either. If you are only making outers, is it possible that you have some inners lying around anywhere? I would love a full set. Thanks and welcome back
-Josh
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I know I absolutely HATE doing this, but it seems there's quite a few people waiting for these to start back up. Well I got the quote and for sure the NET30 isn't happening. So here's my current standing. In order to get them ordered this week I am forced to take prepayments. I know I've said time and time again I didn't want to do it again, but it's either I do take them and the parts are shipped within 3 weeks or I don't take them and we see where I stand 3 months from now.

Willing to take up to 10 sets worth of prepayments.
And prepay must be in Paypal Form

PREPAID

CoCoFiero - 1SET

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 05-08-2012).]

Raven88

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Raven88Send a Private Message to Raven88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, have any inners collecting dust? I also need the outters. I have a set of the FS outters that I purchased when they first started making them, but they don't fit correctly and the window hold-downs on one of them came off while I was installing them. My inners on the other hand are scrapping my window tint off so I need to replace them as well before they scratch up my windows.

------------------
Gary W. Patterson
Raven88
88 Fiero
86 Fiero GT

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do have a few sets and can get more
$80+ shipping
I'll also toss in some felt to recover your guides with. More power to you if you can cover them while still in the door. If not then be ready to pull the outer off again to give the needed space to work the guides out of their pockets. It can be done. I've done it and taught others too.
GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just confirming final price for outers shipped (ANYTHING but UPS please) to L5R 4A1. Paypal to follow right after response Cheers.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

If not then be ready to pull the outer off again to give the needed space to work the guides out of their pockets. It can be done. I've done it and taught others too.

I have seen this with my own eyes... and swore that it was impossible until STU was holding it in his hand smiling at me...

But other people say you cant pull an alternator out the top of a v6 with auto... but I have done it twice.
LZeppelin513

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeppelin513Send a Private Message to LZeppelin513Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
prepay sent
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prepay notations:
Cocofiero : received paypal
LZ513 : received paypal

----------------------
Fierohobby : money order pending
Tnathan : walmart transfer pending

I knew this was going to become challenging for sure. Didn't know so many dislike paypal. It just makes it easier to me and faster to pay for the materials to get them faster. If I am going to get this done I must get them paid on monday. If by any chance this falls through I will honor my timeline and use a local supplier to get the materials at a much higher cost to be able to turn out the few orders I have then most likely bow out of future production.

Will M. I have and always will consider you a friend and at any time you wish I can use the local supply to make yours when you need them. If this all works out I'll be saving you a full kit.

PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure it's already been listed...but what's the cost for a set of outers + shipping?

Thanks,

Tim
LZeppelin513

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeppelin513Send a Private Message to LZeppelin513Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

I'm sure it's already been listed...but what's the cost for a set of outers + shipping?

Thanks,

Tim

$114
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was just told about some FS Dews cracking at 2 years? Kidding me? wow.
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
jw3

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jw3Send a Private Message to jw3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent & prepayment sent

[This message has been edited by jw3 (edited 05-13-2012).]

OneSlowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2012 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
payment sent
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
OneSlowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM & Payment sent!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Very happy to say that #1 the order will be made tomorrow morning... well actually tonight, but I will give the $ over tomorrow. I promise to work diligently and quickly to expedite all orders that were prepaid FIRST! All others get to wait!

Prepay notations:
Cocofiero : received paypal <Set> <Upgrade free>
LZ513 : received paypal <Set>
fierohobby: received money order <KIT>
jw3 : received paypal <Set>
flimbob : received paypal <KIT>
tesmith : received paypal <Set>

----------------------
Tnathan : walmart transfer pending

Thank you all. Yours combined with mine will get the order made!
Where there's a Will there's a Way.

Stuart

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 05-14-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu

Sent PM

Mike Parker
OneSlowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It said my payment went through the other day. I hope I made it onto your prepay list
Fraken_fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fraken_fieroSend a Private Message to Fraken_fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do I order and does he ship to Canada? Hope that this thread isn't too old
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope not too old.. Working on getting the materials here. Next week they will be here. then bust my butt getting all the preorders out
grumio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grumioSend a Private Message to grumioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Figero88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Figero88Send a Private Message to Figero88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sir,

PM sent.

Carlos
Jeroen1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jeroen1978Send a Private Message to Jeroen1978Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Stu,

I need a full set to, inner and outer dew wipes. Can you ship this to the Netherlands and what are the totall costs? Thanks a lot for your answer in advance. I understand you are tied up at the moment and being a dad. Hopefully things will turn out oke in the end.

Good luck and hope to hear from you.

Greets Jeroen
The Netherlands
Super Duty Critter

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal ready to go. Are you still taking orders and making these?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update. Materials are here. making order for rivets. they won't slow me down though since they hit in 2 days. guy is a small timer like me but he's amazing fast. I am marking and cutting dews right now. There's a decent process to making these and I am putting them as priority at this time, but still have house stuff to tend to as well. I plan to have a few sets and hope to be able to finish enough to cover all pre-orders first.

If you are wanting to order and find my paypal elsewhere. PLEASE DON'T SEND AN ORDER IN. I do everything from take orders manufacture to ship. I don't want to get confused (easy to do at this time). I have so much going on finding UP is a challenge. I may have to enlist a little help if AutoMark is up for it. Next WEEKEND bud. So we'll see what I get done this week.

Personal Update.
My daughter is currently with her mother this month. Father's day I will have her though. only day this month. Yeah it sucks hard, so dews and reflooring the house is what's up. So a total house cleaning is going on too. This is why preorders are FIRST. I owe you all big and you are first on my duty list. As far as my floors go and before anyone gets any ideas. It's a gift from parents as a hand down from inheritance they got. Not from dew sales or the donations that you all shocked and surprised me with. Check that thread for more info.

Anyone wanting to meet me somewhere at an event or something.. My schedule changes everyday with all the drama that's going on lately. So please don't hold anything against me and as you can see I haven't agreed to meet anywhere.

Project car.. yeah right. been on hold for years now and I still don't know if or when I can touch it again. Makes a good shelf and workbench though. Wanted it drivable by end of july, but at this time I see that as impossible. Maybe one day I'll get a break.

Scientists... I need 2 or 3 more of me... help a brother out!

Laters.
Stu.
nutherproject68

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nutherproject68Send a Private Message to nutherproject68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
Veelocity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VeelocitySend a Private Message to VeelocityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2012 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu I can agree with the time it takes to build a set. I just finished making my first set. They are about as bad as the time it takes to build my tensioner bracket.
marshall12285

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marshall12285Send a Private Message to marshall12285Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Stu isn't DEAD. Out of the hospital and recovering. I'll see if I can get the help needed to get the sets ready to ship this weekend. you all aren't forgotten.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Prepay notations:
Cocofiero : received paypal <Set> <Upgrade free>
LZ513 : received paypal <Set>
fierohobby: received money order <KIT>
jw3 : received paypal <Set>
flimbob : received paypal <KIT>
tesmith : received paypal <Set>
OneSlowFiero : Received Paypal <KIT>
Michael P : Received Paypal <KIT>

I think this is all the prepayments I got. I'm not 100% SURE. Too much stuff kicked up at once.

I am on the road to recovery for sure. And so glad to be walking amongst you all still. My worst nightmare almost happened. Die owing product and money. WOW to say the least.
AUTOMARK! Get your shoulder ready! it's about to run the presses for a day for SURE!
Stu
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So will you be taking up new orders once the prepays are done?

Glad to see you are back on your feet and doing better!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes as soon as they are done.
GsplMgc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GsplMgcSend a Private Message to GsplMgcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stu, How do I go about getting a set of inner and outer wipes? I'd like to replace both sides. Thanks!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock