Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  HHP Adjustable Sway Bars Now Available for the 1988 Suspension (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars Now Available for the 1988 Suspension by R Runner
Started on: 07-21-2008 11:28 PM
Replies: 96 (7125 views)
Last post by: oldrock2401 on 05-20-2023 10:13 AM
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(Updated 3/31/12)

Fellow Fiero Friends,

The HHP Adjustable Swaybars for the 1988 Suspension are now AVAILABLE!

If you are interested in ordering, please email me at RRUNNER@EGYPTIAN.NET It helps to include FIERO in the subject.
You also can send me a PM. I'll get that too.

I accept Personal Checks and PayPal . We can discuss other methods of payment if these do not work for you.

I have had a good response to my introduction of the 84 to 87 front and rear adjustable sway bars. However I was asked my many of you to develop a front and rear adjustable bar for the '88 suspension. I have spent the past several months designing, fabricating and testing prototypes. I am pleased to announce the availability of the adjustable front and rear HHP Sway bar kits for the 1988 suspension.

A little history for those who missed the previous HHP post:
As some of you may know, I made and sold a rear sway bar for the 1984 to 1987 Fiero from 2002 to 2006. I was autocrossing the car at the time and recognized the need for an improved fore / aft balance. To do this I developed a bar I saw used in other racecars. However, I did this for street use. The 1-1/4" hollow bar was used in the rear and mounted behind the cradle instead of below it. It saved precious ground clearance. I started a company called HHP (Hosler High Performance). Although I didn't advertise much, customers were very pleased with the product and I still have people calling me asking if I still make them. The problem was that the bar took a lot of time and effort to make.

I figured out how to solve the problem. Build a better bar.

And so my quest started. I am very excited about the new product I have developed, measured, and tested. Through 10 years of combined Fiero and racing experience I am proud to offer the following new products:

1988 SUSPENSION HHP FRONT ADJUSTABLE SWAY BAR KIT
and
1988 SUSPENSION HHP REAR ADJUSTABLE SWAY BAR KIT

I am very excited about this new product because it offers many advantages over other anti-sway bars. Below is a picture of each kit and a description of the benefits:

HHP 1988 Front Sway Bar Kit:

HHP 1988 Rear Sway Bar Kit:

These bars are intended for cars with stock A-arm geometry and mounting positions on Fieros with 1988 suspension geometry.

Why are these kits so great?

You get the same great features as with the current ?84 to ?87 suspension kits.

- The kits use three-piece sway bars. That means the bar can be changed while using all of the existing hardware.
- Each bar arm is adjustable to allow for fine-tuning of the fore/aft balance (4 wheel drift) of the car.
- Because of the great adjustment range, kits can offer a balanced setup both Touring (soft settings) or Competition (stiff settings)
- All steel sway bar arms and brackets are coated with three layers of POR 15.
- I use spring steel for the sway bars. The good stuff.
- Rod end bearings are Greaseable. They will last a very, very long time.
- End links use poly.
- All bolts are grade 8. Salt spray coatings are used for maximum rust resistance.
- The front bar mounts in the stock location. No need for modifications.
- These kits can compensate for all types of mods. Weight distribution changes, stiffer springs, stiffer shocks, and driver preference can ALL be balanced with adjustment.
- As always, a detailed instruction manual showing full installation and settings is included. This document is available for FREE by email per request.

This is all great, but what's the big deal? I mean, my fiero handles great now, right?

As far as I know (and I have been wrong before) bars with this type of adjustability AND higher stiffness have not been offered for our Fieros previously. Compared to an Addco set of front and rear sway bars, there is a very noticeable improvement. The front sway bar on a stock Fiero has a spring rate of about 190 lb per 5 deg. of twist and the rear about 85 lbs. ( I measured this) For good balance with this suspension, it turns out that the bars need to be nearly equal in stiffness. Which means (something we have known for many years) there is not enough bar in the rear for good four wheel drifting. Not to worry. It is not a design flaw. GM did this to help keep the car aimed forward when an "inexperienced" driver gets into trouble (heads in to a turn too fast). The car will experience the crash head on. Which is what the designers want. These bars can offer (using the competition bars) a stiffness of up to 340 lbs. Nearly double the overall factory settings AND they are adjustable for tuning so that they deliver a balanced car. This is a much better situation for an experienced driver since it approximately produces a balanced car.
Let's take this a step further.

What makes a sway bar work? Basically the stiffness (and therefore sway control) can be changed in two major ways:

1. Change the effective arm length
2. Change the stiffness of the bar through wall thickness or diameter.

These bar kits allow for both. The effective arm length can be changed on the rear (see picture below) by positioning the end link bolt in one of 4 holes. This creates 4 positions. For the rear bar, a hole change creates substantial change in sway bar rate. For the front bar, only 3 holes are used. This makes for some great fine-tuning.
If you decide that the whole car (ride quality) needs to get stiffer or softer, that can be done by changing the sway bar itself. You can change the bar so that you are using a soft "Touring" bar for in town driving and then put in a "Competition" bar for a weekend autocross or track day!

How do I know what to get? How do I balance it once I get it?

Good question. How can something like this work for all types of cars and drivers, engines, suspension upgrades, etc? Below is a chart that I hope helps explain more than it confuses. There are lots of lines, so stay with me.

- There are 2 kits available, a front kit and a rear kit.
- For each kit you have your choice of 1 of 3 types of bar: Sport (blue line), Performance (white line), and Competition (red line).
- The REAR sway bars are shown as diagonal lines from top left to bottom right. The labeled axis on the bottom of the chart is the arm adjustment position. The labeled axis on the left is the force the bar produces at 5 degrees of twist. As you can see there is a wide range of force settings available. Each bar stiffness is a different color as described above. I can help you choose.
- The FRONT sway bars are shown as horizontal lines. Each group of three lines (by color) is a different stiffness of bar. The three lines represent the three different hole settings.
WHERE THE FRONT AND REAR BAR LINES CROSS IS THE APPROXIMATE FORE/AFT BALANCE POINT.
This is what you want as a starting point for your adjustments. Basically a front sport bar should be matched with a rear sport bar, but as you can see that may not be necessary.

Let's do an example.
Let's say you want to balance the car, and have decided to go with both the Sport (blue lines) kit for the front and rear. The proper initial setting is position #3 on the rear bar and #2 on the front bar.
The cool part is you can change this. Now let's say you decide you like the car to be set up a little more loose (understeer for you technical term guys). No problem. Change the rear bar arm hole position to # 2 or #1.
But wait, now you want to compete in autocross on the weekend. If you purchase a Competition BAR for the front and rear (the 2 bars only not the whole kit), the sway rate in both the front and the rear is now FAR higher than before. We are taking 340 lb ish. The ONLY change that is necessary is to purchase the BARs for the front and rear. You already have the other hardware (arms, mounts, end links, etc). Oh yea, and you can put the softer bars back on for a soft ride after race day.

So what does each of the rates feel like? For real.

Sport (blue lines): This is a daily driver. You like to take turns and appreciate a well-balanced car that always feels good, but ride quality is important because of those darn potholes in the city. The rear version of this bar can be used with the stock front, Addco front or HHP Front Touring bars. A good choice for show cars with a little spirited driving when no one is looking.
Performance (white lines): The car is still a daily driver, but hey I like to turn! Ride quality is nice, but I'll give up some to play a little. Interstate cloverleaves and on ramps are my friends and I take them for fun even if it's not my exit. Besides, the Fiero is made for turning. If it were a drag car, it would have come with a V8 and been called a Firebird. A car with this setup can (don't try this on the road) be thrown from side to side across two lanes with NO back end over shoot. Can be used at the track or at an autocross.
Competition (red lines): Just what it says. This is a track day car or autocross car. The ride quality is not as good as the Sport version however, a bar like this is not as stiff as a high shock rate or low profile tires. At an autocross that guy with the E-mod Vette is thinking, "why the heck isn't that car leaning?!?!" when you post a killer time. Your car will feel flat in the curves, even when turning the wheel as hard as possible at 40 mph.

How much are they?

The prices are listed below:

Front HHP Sway Bar Kit: $570 US S&H is included for orders shipped to the lower 48 states. (6 to 8 weeks for delivery)
Rear HHP Sway Bar Kit: $540 US S&H is included for orders shipped to the lower 48 states. (6 to 8 weeks for delivery)

Pricing has been updated due to material increases and fees from other sources.

If you would like to place an order, Please send me a PM or an email (rrunner@egyptian.net). I want to make sure you get the correct bar for your application.
Shipping and handling charges cover shipment to anywhere within the 48 states.

Disclaimer: HHP does not take responsibility for the customer's actions. Also, HHP does not encourage performance driving on the streets and will not be held responsible for damage, property damage, car damage, personal injury, or other person's injury during installation or use of this product. There is no official warranty on this equipment either stated or implied, HOWEVER, I will always work with the customer to make sure they are satisfied. Please use this equipment at your own risk. Thank you for reading the legal stuff.

Please let me know what you think. I am always interested in your opinion.

Thank you for your interest!

Paul Hosler
Hosler High Performance
rrunner@egyptian.net

------------------
Paul

HHP is now selling Adjustable Sway bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html
For a full history of my IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 03-31-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool stuff! I'm interested, shot you a PM.

Bryce
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be buying these soon enough, thanks so much for getting 88 stuff out there!!!!!!!

------------------
Christian
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd, 88 suspension, C6 polished wheels, C5 Z06 brakes, Konis, poly'd, Spec Stg 3, LED taillights
Next Mod: LT1 fuel injection with Megasquirt II
301rwhp/345rwtq
Stovebolt Powered!!!!!
06 Cobalt SS/SC w/ LSD (the slow DD)

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

I will be buying these soon enough, thanks so much for getting 88 stuff out there!!!!!!!

Thank you for waiting!

The bars have now been track tested (over a several day period). Although other changes were made to the car, the initial testing reduced the Road Atlanta lap time by 5 seconds. I'm not saying that the bars did all of this but both gentelmen driving the car agreed that the car handled much better and flatter at high speed. I am very pleased with the results.

Paul
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

------------------
Paul

HHP Adjustable Sway bars for ALL MODELS: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much are the extra sway bars? Any discount for buying kits with multiple bars?
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe I didn't see this thread before buying a stock '88 sway bar a week ago.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 08-02-2008).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

How much are the extra sway bars? Any discount for buying kits with multiple bars?

Extra bars are $100 plus shipping. Unfortunately I am only able to offer a discount on shipping with 2 or more kits.

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

I can't believe I didn't see this thread before buying a stock '88 sway bar a week ago.

Sorry
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

------------------
Paul

HHP Adjustable Sway bars for ALL MODELS: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone....

Just a reminder, these bars are still available. I can make you a set so you will be ready for those spring events!

------------------
Paul

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...

I am a little surprised. When I first offered the '84 to '87 version of these sway bar kits, everyone (like 7 or 8) wanted to know when I would develop kits for the '88. Thought there might be at least some discussion. I have only sold 3 kits and all three of them were "pre-production". Plenty usable and correct but before they had been seriously been driven hard. Oh well.... I guess it is a sign of the times.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
pontiacman63383

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacman63383Send a Private Message to pontiacman63383Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to jack your thread but, i never got back to you and wanted to know if you won any awards at the belle clair fairgrounds show?
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiacman63383:

Sorry to jack your thread but, i never got back to you and wanted to know if you won any awards at the belle clair fairgrounds show?

Actually I won "Best Engine". I thought that was pretty good considering all the chrome in that place. I also met quite a few cool people from the biker group. I posted details in my CarDomain site (link below).

Thanks for asking!

------------------
Paul

Spune

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpuneSend a Private Message to SpuneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent!
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM received. Thank you.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone,

I had this come up in a discussion with a potential customer and I want to make sure that I am being upfront with everyone. The question was asked... How many bars (of this type) have you sold so far?

I have sold 3 pre-production sets. When I say "pre"production I mean that I had all of the bugs worked out as much as I could tell through calculations, design geometry on my lift (moving parts and watching to see what was close and what geometry was questionable), and then limited test driving. My testing showed no concerns on a completely stock, 26,xxx mile car. I then sold 1 set to a gentleman who ended up having engine problems and was not able to complete the testing for me. I have yet to receive feed back other than the fact that the bars were easy to install. I pretty much knew that. The second set I sold went to a project car that may or may not be finished today. That was last spring. You know who you are, so if you have them installed and want to comment, feel free. The 3rd set I sold was to a race team in the south east. They gave me feed back that there were some interference issues in the front with the bolt end link to the arm. It was hitting their spring setup, but the car was lowered and modified and it only limited the use of one of the holes. Again, on a stock height this would not be a problem. Also consider that teh front is for micro tuning. The rear is where the major tuning is done. Here is a quote from the last email I received:

"Paul, thanks for your patience. The bars continue to work fine. Excellent body controll both front and back. See no reason for you not to market them. This weekend will be remembered for the crashes. Major crash at the beginning of the big bore race at Road Atlanta. You can probably find various video's of it. thanks for your assistance. you have a very good product."

The crashes were NOT caused by the bars or involved their car. (just wanted to clear that up).

I do want feed back from anyone who purchases a kit or pair of kits.

Again.... just wanting to be upfront with everyone.

As far as the '84 to '87 kits go, I have one on my daily driver and sold at least 18 bars last year with no complaints. Many complements.

Thank you for listening.....

Paul

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 01-25-2009).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump ..awesome product .
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another bump.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump and sig test

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

Vogelsong

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VogelsongSend a Private Message to VogelsongEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As soon as I get find an 88GT to build Thers bars will be on that car.

Bump.

------------------
Voge

valiantfiero_01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for valiantfiero_01Send a Private Message to valiantfiero_01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So do you still make the pre 88 sway bars? What's the price on them? They sound way better than anything else out there! I just hope I can come up with the money while you still have them if I can afford them then I'll buy a set in a hart beat!
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by valiantfiero_01:

So do you still make the pre 88 sway bars? What's the price on them? They sound way better than anything else out there! I just hope I can come up with the money while you still have them if I can afford them then I'll buy a set in a hart beat!

Yes, the '84 to '88 bars are still available. Please click on the link in my signature. There is 8 pages of reading

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity bump.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to let everyone know, I still make these.

Thanks
EMX5636

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EMX5636Send a Private Message to EMX5636Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any pics of these installed in an 88? Also, I have a set of Rodney's 1" lowering Balljoints and they require longer swaybar endlinks. Is this something you might be able to come up with?

What bars would YOU recommend with my current suspension setup? West Coast Fiero 400lb front lowering springs with 1" lowering ball joints, West coast Fiero 400lb rear coilovers on Koni red adjustables front and rear. Full poly bushings around. Chassis will have a cage shortly. Thanks.

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula 4-spd- 3400sfi intercooled turbo Haltech ECU. Here comes 350+whp
1991 Galant VR4 - Summit White 2.3L, SCM61 powered Slammed Sedan
1990 Eclipse GSX - parted out
1992 S10 4x4 - lowered, bike/quad hauler, dd
1995 Kawi Ninja zx7r
2004 Honda TRX450R #33W MX

1987 Yamaha Warrior - for sale

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking at buying a full setup this summer and I had a quick question, sorry if it was covered somewhere and I missed it.

I am currently collecting parts for a fiero build. I am using a 86se and going to perform an 88 cradle swap. Will it be possible to setup the front with a pre 88 bar kit, and then a 88 rear bar kit, without any adverse effects? I don't imagine there would be any problem but I wanted to double check before adding it to the to-buy list.

Thanks, great looking product
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still sell a rear sway bar for the 86?
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure he still sells the 84-87 front or rear bar kits.

See his thread here
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by EMX5636:

Do you have any pics of these installed in an 88? Also, I have a set of Rodney's 1" lowering Balljoints and they require longer swaybar endlinks. Is this something you might be able to come up with?

What bars would YOU recommend with my current suspension setup? West Coast Fiero 400lb front lowering springs with 1" lowering ball joints, West coast Fiero 400lb rear coilovers on Koni red adjustables front and rear. Full poly bushings around. Chassis will have a cage shortly. Thanks.

I would definately go with the competition kits. The front arms on my sway bar pass close to several components considering the tight spacing in there. Not sure what would happen with a lowered suspension. As far as the rear endlinks go, lengthening them will not be a problem. I can supply those 1" longer if necessary or we can work somehing out depending on what Rodney recommends.

As for the pictures, I can send you the instruction manuals. I assume your email address is correct?

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

I'm looking at buying a full setup this summer and I had a quick question, sorry if it was covered somewhere and I missed it.

I am currently collecting parts for a fiero build. I am using a 86se and going to perform an 88 cradle swap. Will it be possible to setup the front with a pre 88 bar kit, and then a 88 rear bar kit, without any adverse effects? I don't imagine there would be any problem but I wanted to double check before adding it to the to-buy list.

Thanks, great looking product

I have not had a customer try it yet. All of my calculations say that the bars I can supply are capable of making a balanced setup with the '88 cradle swap. If you are willing to try the setup, I am willing to swap the center bars with you until you are happy. I feel pretty confident that I can get it right on the first shot. Let me know your thoughts.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock