Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  CUSTOM DASH TRIM PANEL KIT FOR ALL FIERO'S (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CUSTOM DASH TRIM PANEL KIT FOR ALL FIERO'S by TBSB9595
Started on: 03-28-2008 08:20 AM
Replies: 131 (11767 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 05-20-2018 04:03 PM
TBSB9595

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THIS IS NOW 4 PIECE TRIM KIT AS I NOW HAVE A MATCHING TRIM PIECE FOR THE SHIFTER SURROUND AREA (MANUAL OR AUTO). The manual trim includes a label that shows the shift pattern for a 4 or 5 speed (Please specify).

The Trim panels in the kit are made from black tinted lexan and are designed to give your Fiero a new and different look. They directly replace your worn stock silver panels, or you can mount them on top of the stock panels if you like. The Center dash panel (A/C and Stereo trim panel) is only designed to be mounted over top of the existing trim panel as it contains the A/C vents.

The Lexan Panels have same mounting holes that your stock panels have so you just use the existing screws that hold your stock trim in place to mount them.
However the trim panel for the shifter area requires double sided tape to hold it in place as there are no stock mounting screws.

The Main dash panel does not have cutouts for the warning indicators (i.e. Temp, Ajar, etc) as the light from the them will pass through the tinted panel. This provides a kind of cleaned up look to the dash and yet you can still see your warning indicators. Yet everywhere else that has no light coming from under the panel will just look glossy black.

I came up with these as my Fiero Digital Dash Kit uses similiar panels that are included in that kit. Of course these Panels are designed specifically to allow you to view your stock gauges.

If you would like more info on my Digital Dash Kit for the Fiero just check out my websight at:
http://www.tomsdigitalelectronics.com/home

The price for the 4 piece kit is $129.00 + $9.00 shipping the U.S via 2-3 day USPS.

If you would like to place an order you can use "buy it now" on my website here:

Buy them here: http://www.tomsdigitalelect...kit_for_stock_gauges

or you can P.M. me or email me at tbsb9595@worldnet.att.net

Individual pricing is as follows:

Main Dash trim $45
Aux Dash trim $17
A/C, Stereo trim $47
Shifter trim - $49

Thanks for looking!
Tom

[This message has been edited by TBSB9595 (edited 01-16-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tiny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinyClick Here to visit Tiny's HomePageSend a Private Message to TinyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about matching pieces for the 2 side vents and the shifter surround?

------------------
S.A.R.S. Drive it like you stole it

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tiny:

What about matching pieces for the 2 side vents and the shifter surround?

That is a good idea, I will look in to having some of those made. The shifter surround would have to be attached using glue or double sided tape though. I'm not sure off hand how to attach the ones for the side vents.

Tom

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How thick are they?
Are the outside edges chamfered?

I cnc'd a few sets of these a couple years ago out of several different types of material, including laminate, poly mirror, polycarbonate and plexi, and they worked pretty well, except the shift surround. I just never could get the edges to look right.
btw, I attached the bezel to the existing shift surround with double side tape as you suggested--worked out pretty good, even in the heat of West Texas. I have since gone back to stock look. Somewhere in GFC archive, there is a 'g' code I wrote for one of the bezels--forget which one. It was the 1st one I did, and had a couple of tweaks needed. Got the good ones on disc somewhere.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-28-2008).]

Tiny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinyClick Here to visit Tiny's HomePageSend a Private Message to TinyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TBSB9595:

That is a good idea, I will look in to having some of those made. The shifter surround would have to be attached using glue or double sided tape though. I'm not sure off hand how to attach the ones for the side vents.

Tom

The two side vents use 2 hex head bolts to mount so you should be able to mount them the same way a the rest of the pieces you've made, and the shift surround i'm sure double sided tape or some sort of epoxy should hold it fine. if you added those few pieces i'd deffinatly be in for a set.

------------------

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

How thick are they?
Are the outside edges chamfered?

I cnc'd a few sets of these a couple years ago out of several different types of material, including laminate, poly mirror, polycarbonate and plexi, and they worked pretty well, except the shift surround. I just never could get the edges to look right.
btw, I attached the bezel to the existing shift surround with double side tape as you suggested--worked out pretty good, even in the heat of West Texas. I have since gone back to stock look. Somewhere in GFC archive, there is a 'g' code I wrote for one of the bezels--forget which one. It was the 1st one I did, and had a couple of tweaks needed. Got the good ones on disc somewhere.

Thanks a lot for your response and the info you provided. The panels are 1/8 inch thick and the outside edges are flame polished.
Tom

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TBSB9595

301 posts
Member since Nov 2006

The two side vents use 2 hex head bolts to mount so you should be able to mount them the same way a the rest of the pieces you've made, and the shift surround i'm sure double sided tape or some sort of epoxy should hold it fine. if you added those few pieces i'd deffinatly be in for a set.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to look into doing the side vent piece, but it may be a bit before I have that. As for the shift surround piece, I should be able to get that one done in the next few weeks. I'll let you know when its available.
Thanks, Tom

Tiny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinyClick Here to visit Tiny's HomePageSend a Private Message to TinyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also wonder if it wouldn't be possible to make the ac and radio suround fit so it only accepts and aftermarket headunit only so as to make to the aftermarcket cd play look a lil more factory. this is just an idea as i'm sure it would be a fairly custom job.

------------------

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2008 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also wonder if it wouldn't be possible to make the ac and radio suround fit so it only accepts and aftermarket headunit only so as to make to the aftermarcket cd play look a lil more factory. this is just an idea as i'm sure it would be a fairly custom job.

Yes I could do that if you like. You would need to provide me with the exact dimensions needed for the stereo cutout. As this would be a 1 time custom part I would have to charge you a bit more. Probably around $40. Tom

dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2008 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes I could do that if you like. You would need to provide me with the exact dimensions needed for the stereo cutout. As this would be a 1 time custom part I would have to charge you a bit more. Probably around $40. Tom

I have a strange feeling that one with a cutout for an aftermarket stereo will end up being more than a 1 time shot.
Eventually...I'd be in the market for one also.

------------------
--David

Golden Triangle Fiero Club

mavsf49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mavsf49Send a Private Message to mavsf49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcfox:

I have a strange feeling that one with a cutout for an aftermarket stereo will end up being more than a 1 time shot.
Eventually...I'd be in the market for one also.

Thanks for your response.
That is possible, but the cutout would probably vary for each person/stereo so each would be custom.
Tom

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enjoy your panels Mavsf49

[This message has been edited by TBSB9595 (edited 04-17-2008).]

mavsf49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mavsf49Send a Private Message to mavsf49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thank you...they were exactly what I was looking for...excellent
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2008 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just thought I would let you know that I now have a matching trim piece for the shifter surround area (Manual only at this time).
To add this piece just add $10 so the total for all 4 pieces is $89 + $9 USPS 2-3 day shipping in Cont US.
Thanks for looking!
Tom

tomsdigitalelectronics.com

[This message has been edited by TBSB9595 (edited 06-12-2008).]

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please check out my trim kit as I have 4 pieces now.

Thanks,
Tom
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So it's $98 for a complete set to replace cover my stock silver trim pieces with your black ones?
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

So it's $98 for a complete set to replace cover my stock silver trim pieces with your black ones?

Actually it is $96.00 + 9.00 shipping in the U.S. Please specify if you have a 4 or 5 speed tranny.
Thanks,
Tom
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
PFF
System Bot
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your order bill.
Tom
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You wouldn't happen to be coming over to Dave's Farm Saturday?

July Meeting
Suncoast Fieros Monthly Meeting
Saturday July 12, 2008
Dave's Fiero Farm
4402 Gallagher Rd.
Plant City, FL 33565

http://www.suncoastfieros.com/

I have to work Saturday morning but should be done in time to run over for an hour or so.
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

You wouldn't happen to be coming over to Dave's Farm Saturday?

I have to work Saturday morning but should be done in time to run over for an hour or so.

Sorry but I won't be able to make it due to other comitments. If you have any questions just shoot me a P.M.
Tom

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are still making these correct? Do you have any pictures of them installed? Thanks Daniel
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

You are still making these correct? Do you have any pictures of them installed? Thanks Daniel

Daniel,

Yes I am still making them and actually I only started in the past few months so I don't have an installed pic yet.
I am hoping someone will take some pictures of them installed their car as I can't use them in mine.
Thanks for asking.

Tom
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay thats good to hear that you are making them still. I will be buying a set of them from you in a couple of weeks. I wish somebody would post up some pics of these installed. I was trying to make decision on wether i like these or the carbon fiber look a like ones on ebay. I like these alot more because they actually replace the plastic peices instead of just sticking over them.
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Okay thats good to hear that you are making them still. I will be buying a set of them from you in a couple of weeks. I wish somebody would post up some pics of these installed. I was trying to make decision on wether i like these or the carbon fiber look a like ones on ebay. I like these alot more because they actually replace the plastic peices instead of just sticking over them.

OK I'll be here when your ready. Hopefully I can come up with an installed pic soon.
Thanks,
Tom

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any pictures of these on the car?

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp to the wheels

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2008 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

any pictures of these on the car?

Sorry no installed picture yet, but I'm working on it.
Syme

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2008 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SymeSend a Private Message to SymeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in these, but also am awaiting installed pics to make a decision.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
gt88norm

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt88normSend a Private Message to gt88normEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My project seems to be turning into a REALLY long term effort . . ." (several French words) . . .What ever will be, . . . will be."
Somewhere down the road I'd be interested in a set that trades places between the radio and heater controls.
Think about it, HVAC is pretty much set and forget, tunes, your always futzing with; might as well have 'em in easier reach,
and where ya can see 'em.

Providing that this is a long term service, is that something in your bag o' tricks?

Norm
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested, but I'd like to see a set installed in a Beechwood interior(even gray might work).
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gt88norm:

My project seems to be turning into a REALLY long term effort . . ." (several French words) . . .What ever will be, . . . will be."
Somewhere down the road I'd be interested in a set that trades places between the radio and heater controls.
Think about it, HVAC is pretty much set and forget, tunes, your always futzing with; might as well have 'em in easier reach,
and where ya can see 'em.

Providing that this is a long term service, is that something in your bag o' tricks?

Norm

Norm,
I hadn't thought about doing that, but I could have one made for you at an additional cost since it is a 1 time thing (+$40). Let me know when your ready.
Thanks, tom

TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TBSB9595

301 posts
Member since Nov 2006

Originally posted by carnut122:

I'd be interested, but I'd like to see a set installed in a Beechwood interior(even gray might work).

Sorry but I still don't have an installed picture yet. If you bought a set and took some good pics of them I would refund you half the purchase price after receiving the pics. I don't have any other way at the moment to get installed pics. Thanks, Tom
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry but I still don't have an installed picture yet. If you bought a set and took some good pics of them I would refund you half the purchase price after receiving the pics. I don't have any other way at the moment to get installed pics. Thanks, Tom

Tom,

I shot you a PM, but if you're serious about the half price if I get you pics, let me know. I'd take a set and post pics here and send them to you as well.

-Gary
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

Tom,

I shot you a PM, but if you're serious about the half price if I get you pics, let me know. I'd take a set and post pics here and send them to you as well.

-Gary

Gary, Yes I am serious. I sent you a PM already to that effect. Your offer to post them would be great also!
Thanks, Tom

tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heres the pic i promised

sorry it took so long... toms a stand up guy with a great product. it tool longer to remove the bezel than to hookup the new gauges (mainly cuz i had to find the 15torx...)

thanks
todd

ps any news on the auto bezel and vent bezels?
TBSB9595

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TBSB9595Click Here to visit TBSB9595's HomePageSend a Private Message to TBSB9595Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tmur115:

heres the pic i promised

See pic above.

sorry it took so long... toms a stand up guy with a great product. it tool longer to remove the bezel than to hookup the new gauges (mainly cuz i had to find the 15torx...)

thanks
todd

ps any news on the auto bezel and vent bezels?

Thanks for the pic todd. Too bad you couldn't get it with the digital gauges turned on, but I know how hard it is to get a good pic of that too.

As for the bezels you mentioned: No vent bezels, I'm working on the Auto bezel. I'll let you know when I have it available.

Thanks,
Tom

tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Too bad you couldn't get it with the digital gauges turned on, but I know how hard it is to get a good pic of that too.

do they get brighter? thats in full sunlight, and they seem plenty bright to me... (remember these are the green ones)

thanks
=todd=

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay