Started on: 02-06-2008 11:49 PM
Replies: 222 (10694 views)
Last post by: Dad on 04-16-2014 07:51 PM
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2009 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any more cables available?
mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2009 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
me too
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have received three request for cables this week so guess I'll make up a few more and post back when they are done.

DR
Dan_Seattle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2009 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan_SeattleSend a Private Message to Dan_SeattleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you add me to the list of "I want one too!". I can paypal you whenever you like. - Dan
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have two cables done and two almost done for anyone interested.
Dan_Seattle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan_SeattleSend a Private Message to Dan_SeattleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent!
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cables in the mail.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have 3 cables left from this batch.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/041052.html

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 10-23-2009).]

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
. WB
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have 4 cables available.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 10-31-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
TeamPontiac88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TeamPontiac88Send a Private Message to TeamPontiac88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please let us know when more are available. Thanks.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will make a few more after I get a couple tensioner brackets done.
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want one. Send me a paypal request to maddanceskillz@yahoo.com

Going to get your bumper tomorrow, I think. If I can get that then I guess the money request won't be necessary.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump two available.

These are gone. .

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 03-04-2010).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my cable in the mail today...

It's not quite the nice pretty one in the first post that looks more like a Rubberized DVI plug. This is more of an old school hard plastic parallel type plug. I like the location of the LED in the first post with the little rubber grommet better than the way it is in this plug.

The only thing I am concerned about, is the way the wire is run into this plug. I can not see inside, as the casing it is hot glued together around the pins. It looks like there is nothing to keep you from pulling the wires right out of the plug though. There is a square "cable retainer" on the lead wire in the back of the plug, but it is smaller than the round hole that it is inside of, and nothing to stop it from pulling on the soldered connections, that I can see at least.

In the top picture below, from the first post, that cable retainer looks quite a bit more robust....

I did just hook it up, and it works great, and I guess that is what really matters.

EDIT:

Ok, it's just not my day When I said it worked above, I got the green LED to light up for 2 seconds in a test, so com with the fuel pump is good.

When I just plugged in the Serial <-->USB adapter, into my laptop, nothing happens. Windows did not prompt for drivers, and nothing new in device manager. I removed the one off this PC that I use for my home automation receiver, plugged it into the laptop, and was prompted for the drivers. I installed them, and now communications is working with the ALDL cable.

I then plugged the adapter that I ordered with the ALDL cable into this PC, and the same thing, it never prompted for drivers, or recognizes in any way that it has been plugged in. Looks like the adapter is probably bad.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-06-2010).]

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John. the winaldl cable you got actually has better strain relief then the old picture. (can't get the molex hoods anymore) The square you see in the opening is a multi ribbed strain relief that I remove one rib. There is then a two part metal clip that sandwiches in the groove left by removing the rib. Makes a very secure cable that will not pull out with normal use, Guaranteed!

I also tested the usb cable on my laptop right before I put it in the package so I know it was working at that time. Have you had other usb adaptors on your laptop before so it might think it is the same one.
You might open your hardware device manager with the cable plugged in and see if it shows a usb-serial adaptor. If it does uninstall the one that is there, unplug the cable and plug it back in. Normally that will wake up the system to see the new hardware.
If you think it is bad return it and I'll certainly send you another.
Questions let me know...
DR

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 03-06-2010).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, it was hard to tell looking at it, with the square strain relief thingy on the cable, in the round hole at the back of the plug, I could not see the way you secured it inside. It sounds like its gonna hold up good

As for the USB adapter, I am not sure on that one. I am a computer tech, and MS certified and all that blah blah blah.

When I plugged in the adapter, there was no indication that I attached it (The "Da-Dink" windows sound). I then opened device manager, and saw nothing listed under the "Com & LPT" tree. I removed it and put it in another USB plug on the laptop, still nothing. I then tried plugging it into my desktop PC directly to the motherboard (No hubs ect).. still nothing. Even when or if drivers are present, you should get the audio confirmation that a USB plug was inserted or removed.

I then took the one I use for my Home Automation signal antenna and plugged it into the laptop. I immediately got the audio notification, as well as the "new hardware found" balloon. I installed the drivers, and then opened WinADL and selected the com port, ran out to the car for a test, and it is working perfectly.

Just to test further, I took the one I got from you and plugged it into the PC that controls my touchscreen in the wall, and still no audio notification / no new hardware balloon, and that has never had a USB-Serial enumerator installed on it.

I then plugged it into my nephew's laptop, same thing, nothing... His laptop is a "clean install" (Other than the Virus that teenagers refer to as MySpace It's 2 months old and running Win 7.

It is definitely not a driver issue, as windows never even recognizes it being plugged into any of the PC's.

I do believe you tested it, but I can not get it to be recognized on 4 different PC's here, so something must be screwy somewhere. Something must have happened in shipping or something. I will just order another one online, as I HAVE to leave the one I have hooked to the Home Automation server where it is.

Don't worry about replacing it, I just ordered 2 of em for $6.00 shipped. It saves me the hassle of having to go to the post office and ship it back to ya and all. Thanks for offering to exchange it though, much appreciated!
http://www.meritline.com/us...8.aspx?source=fghdac

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-06-2010).]

Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll test out another one and send it out Monday.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no need to send out another one. I REALLY appreciate the offer, but I ordered a couple, as it's always good to have a spare. I must say that is downright good customer service on your part though!

It's not something I need right away anyways. The engine still needs to be pulled back out to swap the Auto transmission in it now, that is bad

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
linux support????
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

linux support????

Possibly this one?
http://freediag.sourceforge.net/
Kombat

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KombatSend a Private Message to KombatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like one if you have anymore.
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a few cables available again. 5-13-10

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/041052.html
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weekend bump
littleredfiero85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for littleredfiero85Send a Private Message to littleredfiero85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would like one how do i pay?
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
littleredfiero85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for littleredfiero85Send a Private Message to littleredfiero85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
littleredfiero85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for littleredfiero85Send a Private Message to littleredfiero85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

littleredfiero85

19 posts
Member since May 2010
money sent
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last bump.
I had two orders so built three extra cables. I have used up most of my parts stock so these will be the last three for at least the summer.
Unless I run into some other projects needing a parts order this might even be it for the remainder of the year.
Have to many other projects I need to work on. (My 87 restore, 4T60 rebuild, 3800sc install, maybe a paint job. )

Thanks for all who have bought cables in the past.

Dodgerunner...

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 05-22-2010).]

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there any left? If so I would like to purchase one.
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Currently have three left.
OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
jokerb90

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jokerb90Send a Private Message to jokerb90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dodgerunner:

Currently have three left.

I want one, with the usb adapter. Please PM paypal info and total (US shipping), and thanks!

[This message has been edited by jokerb90 (edited 05-26-2010).]

Fiero John-OR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero John-ORSend a Private Message to Fiero John-OREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it when something works perfect the first time---and the second time.
Just the way it is supposed to!
Thanks Dodgerunner for a job well done!
Coinage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyleft?
jokerb90

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jokerb90Send a Private Message to jokerb90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jokerb90:

I want one, with the usb adapter. Please PM paypal info and total (US shipping), and thanks!

Got mine, and it looks great. Thanks for providing the community with this product at such a good price!

[This message has been edited by jokerb90 (edited 06-04-2010).]

Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm Sent..
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No cable at this time. Might have some built around the end of July.
BoostedSeries1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock