Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica aka "operation turd polish" (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica aka "operation turd polish" by shemdogg
Started on: 05-01-2017 09:20 PM
Replies: 601 (28154 views)
Last post by: bjc 350 on 01-04-2024 01:44 AM
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2019 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well lookie what I found! Found an ebay link to a diablo for sale and this guy has the motor setup longitudinally! Pricey but now I know where to get it
http://renegadehybrids.com/

shem
IP: Logged
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Poking around for a bit, finally had a few hours in the mornin nd this evenin to work on the car. Got the rear fins cleaned up really good, and laid some glass n bondo on the underside of the bumper to get the fins flush w the bumper. Better but not poifect

Fins are pretty damn symmetrical, been working on getting the thickness even throughout. Been having issues w the airbag check valve getting jammed shut. Really shitty design, I made some mods to it and it seems to work consistently(for today at least). Trimmed up around the rear ps quarter window, fits much better now. The sheet metal I put to seal off the cabin took up some space n the winduh didnt like it. Welded up the ps side window frame to the door skin better, and almost got the door handle rod in the right location lol just a 1/4" lower n ill be perfect!

Finally met up w the fb guy yesterday, he was really impressed w the car. Im going to meet up w him sunday at his shop and see some of his work. Hes not cheap at $90/hr, so that got me pretty motivated to get cracking on the car lol. He was going off about the gaps and some panels not set. Still a million or so details to do. One I set the panels the gaps will be fine, ill need to add some supports to the rear quarters in the area above the tires and find a way to attach the back and sides of the roof securely. Thinking of fbing some plumbers tape to the areas I need held down. It was nice to chat w the guy while I could, my kid was running around everywhere.

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got crackin on some gaps on the side now that everythings bolted down snug n added smore fb in the gaps hyah

coming out good! Ive done it a million times!

Got the ps outer door handle working good! Finally! Took a shot o the back while the driveway was clear

Looking pretty friggin good! I cant beleive I did all this work. I cant believe I spelled believe wrong either! I figured out a way to attach the rear of the roof to the car. Ima fb some angle ern to the underside o the roof, then I can bolt the angle to my roll bar n cover w the headliner. The rear of the roof being loose is making the roof to trunk gap totally yuuge, its really like an 1/8". Went to open the new box of latches I got for the car and theyre super small wtf?! lol I really only need 2 and just got em on ebay right now, guy accepted my lowball. Schweet. Cupla mods to the front wheelwells and a little more cleanup and itll be ready for the finish guy.

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shemdogg

1742 posts
Member since Apr 2017
I forgot, tons o window frame cleanup. I got the ps rear quarter window shaped better to he curve of the body, welded up and ready for bondo. The ds rear quarter winduh needs some reshaping too. The door windows are pretty good, cupla minor spots.
pics to come

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2019 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rear window done, came out great! wifey even said oh wow

made a new window outta 1/8" poly, old ones were beat
Hit tap plastics for enuf poly or the two rear quarter windows n some fb cloth just in case.
Gave me an excuse to roll the stang

Welded in some bar to hold the window felt, need new felts but you get the idear

onto a lil more cleanup of the fb, pilleed the headliner
Thinkin of redoing the roof structure to give smore headroom, nows the time
Totally boycotting the dash wiring for now

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2019 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep forgetting this thread isnt in general chat anymore lol. I walked down to napa yesterday w the kid in the stroller and got a new battery, + cable, oil filter, and a jar of kitty hair to try out. Ive only been in there a handful of times( oreilly is closer), but my mechanics behind their store and they remember the car. Showed the manager some current pics, he loved it. Cars way too low to get the jack under, so had to fire up the bags. Starter cranked over so nice w w the new battery. I havent changed the oil since I bought the car, it was pretty bad for only a few hundred miles tops. The fram filter i took off was short and the napa filter about twice the length. Pretty claustrophobic being under the car that far, I saw the starter and thought wow thatll be a biotch to remove. Glad I just have to swap the cable. The whole underside of the car has at least a 1/4" of fb dust caked onto the engine and cradle. Give the ratchet a turn... snap and the ratchet gives. I knew somethin came loose and it wasnt the nut I was trying to take off. Solenoid plastic snapped. New starter time. Dropped the starter and broke the rest of the wires off w the ratchet. Cut the front wheelwell edges closer n laid glass. More this weekend

shem
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2019 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shem you do some killer work ! I could use some pointers. Ever get down to Florida?
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2019 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Shem you do some killer work !
Yeah the mustang came out great! Thanks!

I could use some pointers.
Dont buy a kit car! lol Tactical strikes- if youre gonna fb, get as many areas ready as possible and do em all at onceDont be afraid to redo it till u like it. drink till shes pretty

Ever get down to Florida?

No, had a buddy there years ago I visited once outsideuh tampa. He was the official wetbike rider, if you ever saw a video, photo, or brochure, he was the guy. Took me out riding in the gulf chasing him through reed pathways on the water was cool. Only time I went out there. So much info to absorb from the old pro, I just listened for 2.5 days.

Ordered the starter this morning, yuuge job coming up so mebbe this weekend ill get back to the car.

shem

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2019 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man Im beat, Painted and landscaped a duplex w one helper thurs n fri in hunert degree heat a hunert miles away. Had a lil work locally saturday but picked up the starter before work and installed it and the new cable after work. Check out the c500 hookup

Ive always had a problem w the right side of the clamshell moving forward, today found the reason. The metal frame that holds the hinge and is glassed into the clamshell is ripping off. I slight push and the side tore off completely. I cleaned it up and laid 6 layers of glass and held it in perfect shape w the hvac tape while rsting on a 6x6 chunk

Used some foil hvac tape to hold the rear of the front wheelwell openings where i wanted em and glassed em from the inside. Today I glassed up the outside and had to extend the rear of the clamshell to fit the lower section, used the tape on the inside so the glass had sumfin to rest on

was a little thin so I laid more glass to even it out, then got everything perfectly smooth w some magic tape

That stuffs awesome, glass came out super smooth a lil bondo to smooth errthang out and

l
ooking damn good, still gotta sand down the drivers side

shem

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2019 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Busy w other stuff, fixing up the trailer and wetbike mods. Squeezed in a camping trip where I had the fattest tailslide ever and I stayed on. Motor died, carbs flooded. Hit start and the gas in the hull ignited n blew me n the seat off the bike lol. Havent touched the car till today. Found a generic splitter i can cut up and fb over to make a good looking one for the car.

Then I cut out the headlights where I had marked forever and It looks awesome. Needs some cleanup but the shape is definitely fierrari and makes the hood look much better, very happy

need to make the lenses, do a lil work on the A pillars, n starting to run outta stuff to do outside.

shem
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post08-08-2019 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really liking the new lights look.
You thought about moulds for the body?
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2019 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks man, looks much better in person. I thought about making molds but dunno whod buy em n I dont have space for stuff that size.

Got a round of kitty hair in several areas on the pass side after it cooled off

That stuff stinks! Its like fiberglass strands in resin and uses bondo hardener. Super strong and great fill

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2019 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a lil bit more done yesterday evenin after work, added more kitty hair on both sides. Sanded down a roof area by the top of the door edge that was sticking out. Did the ds side good awhile back. Got the edges cleaned up, that kitty hairs really strong, Im always worried an edge will chip after painting.

Lil booger snot on the ds pillar and lower quarter window edge

Should be smoothing out some bondo n finishing up those areas tonight. Buddy came by this mornin I havent seen in about a year n a half, didnt believe me its the same car lol.

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2019 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No free time, got a lil bondo on the a pillars n almost ready for round 2. I made a door vent awhile back outta some 1/8" steel, came out too thick n heavy. Ugly as phuc too! Hit my buddy shop and got some 1/16 steel and got it shaped and one vent welded in. Ill finish it at the shop where I can use the shear to cut even pieces.

Made one for the ds and its too big, will hafta move the hood outwards on that side. This cars defnintley symmetrically challenged.

Got mosta round one sanding done, about ready to cut the trunk from the roof again

Also ordered wheels yesterday and adapters today and chopping for tires. Prolly getting goodyears.
Pretty antsy

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2019 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPS guy showed up at 630 last nite, wow friggin wowsers. Fronts have a 2.75" lip, rears 4.25"

adapters showed today

Still sanding...

cut the roof from the trunk on both sides
test fitting wheels later

shem
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2019 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful build, keep it up!

------------------
- For Fiero Articles, Magazines, and Prototype Photos, visit: GT.ppdictionary.com

[This message has been edited by chrismclubm (edited 08-18-2019).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2019 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you sir! Its a pain in the ass but its what I do!

Hit up some spider cracks in the front and sides, and made a template for the headlight lenses. Ill pick up new material for those tomorrow. While moving the car last time I ran the front into a flower pot and made a few cracks in the front.

Test fit the wheels in the front, poifect! soitnly!

All this time is beefing up edges w fb n final details
Gonna be a bad mofo by next weekend

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2019 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Works too busy didnt touch the car all week, had to finish a brick job yesterday took out a yuuge chunk off my finger. No room in the truck to pick up the wheels from the tire shop, n theyre closed today. Got most of the sanding done and touched up, made the lenses. Looks schweet!

Did the ps first, and made the screw holes, removed it and copied the shape and holes exactly, and made it fit in the ds side

What a difference! I love the look!

shem
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2019 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Shem just catching up on this thread, great work as always. I am amazed at the progress you have made. I like that splitter, where did you pick that up?
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2019 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cheap ebay junk lol. Im an ebay n craigslist junkie, and I just started looking around on let go. looking for a genny and a cupla mopeds for camping.
heres a link to tinsel town
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Un...e:g:~NcAAOSwp3FdKFKm

Going to get the wheels n tires later today

shem
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2019 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can’t wait to see the wheels mounted up.
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2019 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw samuel jackson today, he said ey muthuf@cku, with them new wheels thats a bad mutherf@cku muthuf@cku!
I agree

slammed, front tires on the framerails

Front fit is perfect, rear is 1" inside the body. I want it flush for the widebody look, not the airbag it to the ground look(but still wanting that option lol)
Need to clean up that wheelwell opening too

Those wheels were a long long long hunt for something that would fit that wouldnt cost $1k per wheel, that fit the look of the car
Got goodyear eagle f1 supercar 285/40/18 out back and goodyear(keepin it merican!) eagle sport 225/40/18 up front. Th front tires are a bit skinny for the wheel width, tire tapers outwards toward the wheel edge. I dont like it but it makes it not rub and the wheel be flush w the body. Just did the pass side, theyll be back on after paint
Bad friggin ass

back to sanding

shem

engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2019 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking great keep it up i cant wait to see it all painted
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2019 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks buddy! I asked cliff to put your thread in here, if mine made it- yours shoulda too.

Got tire lettering and some hre center caps coming.

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2019 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well they like you and me not so much as their have been others who have asked Cliff
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2019 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work man. Very interested in your build. Since you got new wheels. What are you doing with the other ones?
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2019 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nobody likes me, there 6 people n 2 lurkers watching this thread! lol

I will offer the old wheels for sale eventually, at a price no one will likely buy. There was a set for sale in the mall a while back.

Might get some time this weekend to play w it, but im almost done modding my wetbike trailer. May install those engine senders for the gauges now that its cooling off.

mebbe

shem
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2019 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:
I will offer the old wheels for sale eventually, at a price no one will likely buy.
shem

I'm sure someone would trade you a paint job for them
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2019 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question is what is the size of the old rear rims. If they are 16”x11 then good luck finding rubber that is truly wide enough for them. I had the same problem and had to go to 17” Compomotive’s in the rear instead.

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 09-07-2019).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2019 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Nobody likes me, there 6 people n 2 lurkers watching this thread! lol

Do people quit watching once it's in the Construction Zone? I know I don't check it every visit to the forum but do check three other forums pages.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 09-07-2019).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2019 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol It was a joke! Waiting on flaky ebay sellers for goods. Tire lettering never showed, center caps dont fit the wheels but was able to get the emblem onto my oem wheel centers. Got bigger spacers for the back, havent put them on. Havent done anything on the car really, too busy messing w the jetski trailer and new drones Awesome friggin news I got a body guy I can trust, at a place where the car will be safe, with a guy thatll teach me finish bodywork, and no rush. Never thought to think of asking the guy, hes in one of the back units at the machine shop. Prolly take it over sometime this month.

shem
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2019 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heres a shot of the hre center caps I got, I like the shield logo

The silver caps they came with didnt fit the wheels of course so I peeled the emblem off n put em on the caps that came w the wheels.

Made a punch list for the car, one of the things is a new spoiler. Never been able to find good closeups of it. Ordered a f40lm model kit from japan so I can get a good look at the spoilers shape. The next day I had the bright idea to search ebay for adjustable dual wing rear spoilers and found a kit for 149 that I can use the center sections from and use the sides I already made. Then I searched some more and found it for 53 lol. So All the time I spent on the spoiler comes down to some ebay junk I found in 15 mins. This isnt a one step forward two steps back kinda project. Progression is not linear. Its more of a crabwalk. In a diamond pattern. That zig zags. Like a dropped oscillating sander.

Goofing off quite a bit w the new drones. Got the kid a 12v power wheel w remote from ebay. Installed one o my 18v cordless tool batteries w a simple cable

Holy cannoli the speed doubled easy! The steerings crazy at 18v tho kid loves it. He cant drive it yet, but I let the neighbors kids use it. Got youngsters on both sides so lotsa toys to be shared. Got em all some cheapo mini drones too lol.

Meeting up w the body guy friday afternoon to check out the car and work out a deal. Got him a cheapo mini drone to to sweeten the deal lol Gonna have to drive it soon. Figured out the new alternators toast. Lifetime warranty at oreilleys

shem
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2019 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love this build!

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 09-13-2019).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2019 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kicked some arse ta-day! Changed the sender for the temp gauge- working! Got a new alternator installed- charging! Tried my new 2" spacers- phuc! Center bores too small to fit around the rotors flange. Swapped the old wheels back. Played w the oil pressure gauge. Tried to install the new sender, too small. Checked ohmage at the sender and at wires- nada. Figured out my new meter doesnt read ohms very well. Ran a test wire from the sender to the gauge for shits n giggles- I got a working gauge. Its a 3-160 ohm gauge and shows 100psi while the cars running lol. Good enuf. Still need to wire the speedo and get the indicators working. Drove it back and forth in the driveway, rinsed it down

Lookin damn good
meeting up w body guy manana
its all downhill from here

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2019 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! Met up w the body guy, we chatted for an hour n a half. Some things he was impressed with, many things not too much. Like the underside of the hood n trunk are pretty ugly w uneven fb. Hes thinking I want it perfectly perfect in n out. I just want it to look good outside. He said no problemo. We will be trading work for work, hes got a few cars that need some love so perfect. An extra body will get him motivated for his projects lol. Taking it over sunday

shem
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2019 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love this build !
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2019 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didnt plan ahead to get the car outta the driveway, too many cars to move and no porking on the street. Told the guy ill bring it this sunday. Ebay parts finally showed, lettering yesterday, wing today. Ordered the lettering a month ago, never heard back from the seller. Retard fedex guy came to my house w the wing, friday, saturday, and yesterday and didnt leave it. Wrote "no access" , then "incorrect address" on the tracking page. I wrote them an email telling them both my house and I were actually there all day, so was my mailbox, and my neighbors. Hate dealing w tards, they abound here bigtime.

Anywho
Heres the wing kit, its a bit smaller than I expected (heard that before lol), but Ill make it work. Came w some uber cheesy side fins and wonky looking supports. Pure rice baby

Heres the lettering, Ill get em on the tires someday....

Works jammin, had 3 big landscape jobs come in, 1 apartment remodel, 1 roof, a good size handrail and brick job, and all the small stuff that comes flying in. Im booked till december so time for the cars gonna be real thin, but ill find a way. I always do. Eventually.

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to move the cars around this morning(musical cars) before work, and the f%$#ing drivers doors stuck again. Wont open from either end lol. Always when im in a rush. RR bag wont lift but holds pressure. Shoehorned myself in from the drivers side and moved everything around. Played w it a bit tonight, cleaned up a few things and loaded it up w the prep materials I have. Gassed it up. Found a wee airleak at one of the gauge lines at the mani, Rr bag was too smashed to let air in, raised the other side and front and it took air. Got the drivers door opened pretty quick(not my first rodeo), and made a metal brace to hold the handle in better. It was kinda ripping out in the front from the pressure of opening the door. Probably take it around the block tomorrow for a shakedown cruise, make sure its gonna make it to the shop.

shem
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2019 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is one thing about a custom car is you need to work all the kinks out and that take time and patients
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2019 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have neither lol. Fired it up and ran it around town for 10 mins, sounds like a volkswagen bigtime. Ran great, airbags are nice, rears a bit stiff. Remembered to pause pulling into the driveway and hit the up switch before I pulled in. Turned hella heads and broke a few necks. Hooked up the speedo to the low speed wire but it didnt register. Ran a new wire from the ops to the gauge, works. I have 25lbs pressure w koef and 65lbs when the motors running. Engine fan came on at 190 on the gauge, I have one of rodneys custom switches. Got all the turn signals and brake lights working. Washed off the motor and trunk area, off to the shop tomorrow morning.

Got a 3d printer to mess with. Trying to learn cad to make the tailight lenses. And housings lol

shem
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock