Started on: 04-29-2011 08:56 PM
Replies: 277 (26189 views)
Last post by: jetfighterv on 01-24-2018 01:40 PM
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I asked that question too. According to the shop who applied it they are certified to do automotive OEM finishes, apparently it's the same process so it should be reasonably durable. It does have a number of clear coats on it.

Nolan
IP: Logged
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002
One of my packages arrived from Russ with my console, map pockets, visors and arm rests! There was some damage in transit to the console, fortunately no to anything that will be visible. The console appears the have been stressed at the transition from horizontal to vertical and has cracked and sheered the delicate structures around the two side grille openings.

I can fix it though and all the other pieces look good. One more package to come from Russ, should be here tomorrow I would think.

Nolan
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bit of work from last night:

Fixed the damage to the console with 2 part epoxy and plastic backer strips, good as new:

Prepped and painted the interior of the console compartment:

Painted the console grilles and the seat trim:

And assembled the console:

The second package with the door panel skins arrived from Russ today, I'll be looking to put them on today I think.

Nolan
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Got a door panel done! (Insert dancing banana here)

And on the car:

I'm very pleased! Thanks for the products Russ.

Nolan
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just stumbled across this thread,and I must say awesome engine swap ....looks better than if it was a stock install from Pontiac.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Fireboss, Fieroking did a great job on it.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002
The second door panel is covered and in the car, just have to attach the armrest and the latch cover, I'll do that tomorrow. Also, cleaned and treated the seats with Lexol conditioner, ready for the mechanism covers and then into the car.

It was a good day today.

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 05-31-2014).]

Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nolan,
Glad to see everything else made it OK. The interior, as well as the rest of the car looks fantastic
Thanks again for allowing me to be a small part of your build, very much appreciated
Russ
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to say again that your interior is looking better and better every time I look at this thread.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys!

More progress. Finished the mechanism covers. they were given 3 coats of black and 3 coats of clear. Then I made a template for the vinyl.

Attached:

I have also been working on an aftermarket shift knob. It has the gear pattern on the top that will illuminate and attaches using a set screw. The bore of the socket was too small for the shifter shaft so it has to be ground out to suit which was reasonably easy to do as it's polished aluminum. It will be wired to one of the ashtray lights.

I even managed to get her all assembled and outside for some pitures

Much better than this I think!

The only thin is that the passenger side window is now catching on something when it's almost all the way down. Not sure why as I didn't do anything inside the door, I'll check that out later.

Nolan
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony.

Today I worked on the new LED's for my tail lights. Paying the extra to have Danyel do the board assembly was money well spent in my opinion! Here's a shot of one of the light assemblies disassembled and putting new sealant in:

Installing the LED boards is a piece of cake and literally took about 1/2 hour for both lights. I'd show pictures but they just don't do the finished product justice.

So, I'm thinking that this car is finished... I did get a GM keyless entry module but that may not go in until next winter and I do have some tapers for the rockers which would also be a winter project if I decide to do them. But, overall I'm pretty much finished modding and upgrading my GT. It's more or less what I think it should have been from the factory and I'm very happy with it.

Nolan
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! The interior looks fantastic! Those door panels are the best redesign of the stock panel I've seen yet! Really looking forward to seeing the finished product in person Great job Nolan!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corvette Show on Saturday June 7 - open to ALL GM cars.

Will you be making your debut there?
kennn

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nolan,

What adhesive did you employ for reassembling the tail lights? Will you please report on your experience on how well it adheres down the line a bit? I used butyl rope once for my one tail light and it would not hold. I lost confidence and purchased another tail light that had not been apart. TIA.

Ken

------------------
'88 Formula V6
'88 GT TPI V8

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kennn:

Nolan,

What adhesive did you employ for reassembling the tail lights? Will you please report on your experience on how well it adheres down the line a bit? I used butyl rope once for my one tail light and it would not hold. I lost confidence and purchased another tail light that had not been apart. TIA.

Ken

Hi Ken:

I purchased the sealant from the Fiero Store:

84-88 TAIL LAMP HOUSING SEALANT TAPE
Make sure no moisture gets in your tail lamps with a new bead of sealant. 1 roll is enough to do both rear tail lamps.

Part # 51558 Price: $24.95

I'm sure I paid a premium but I like to support Fiero vendors. I'll take a picture of the box it came in tonight.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3M has products (in different thicknesses) which you may find locally.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 06-03-2014).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony is correct. It's a 3M product similar to the picture he posted:

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 06-03-2014).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Reallybig:

Wow! The interior looks fantastic! Those door panels are the best redesign of the stock panel I've seen yet! Really looking forward to seeing the finished product in person Great job Nolan!

Thanks very much!
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I've had her out for a few spins now that the interior is done and I can say that the Dynamat has made a big difference in the cabin. The radiated noise from the engine bay has dropped considerably and I'm quite pleased. Well worth the expense.

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 06-05-2014).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the car my friend !! Great work.... could you make a video in the daytime of the tails in action
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2014 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that this Fiero is in excellent hands. Absolutely wonderful.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Love the car my friend !! Great work.... could you make a video in the daytime of the tails in action
regards
Danyel

Thanks Danyel! I'll try to get some pictures and a video.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I know that this Fiero is in excellent hands. Absolutely wonderful.

Tony:

Coming from you that really means a lot, I appreciate it. I know how well you care for your car.

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 06-06-2014).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got her cleaned up a bit last night and attended the local "Corvette and Friends" show today which is for GM cars only.

And won best non-Corvette GM in show:

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 06-07-2014).]

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:
The only thin is that the passenger side window is now catching on something when it's almost all the way down. Not sure why as I didn't do anything inside the door, I'll check that out later.

The window is probably catching on the plastic "christmas tree" fasteners that hold the inner door panel to the door. You can clip off the end of the fastener so it clears the window. I think some of them are shorter than others, but I mixed mine up when I installed my panels and had the same problem.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

The window is probably catching on the plastic "christmas tree" fasteners that hold the inner door panel to the door. You can clip off the end of the fastener so it clears the window. I think some of them are shorter than others, but I mixed mine up when I installed my panels and had the same problem.

Thanks for the suggestion,I was thinking that my be the case too. I'll check it out, I think it's the one on the outside bottom corner.

Thanks!
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Thanks for the suggestion,I was thinking that my be the case too. I'll check it out, I think it's the one on the outside bottom corner.

Thanks!

Yup, that was the one. Thanks again.

Nolan
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car looks great, Nolan. It was a long time coming. Well done.

Bob
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks very much Bob. Looking forward to the day when your project is complete and on the road too.

Nolan
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love your car! Doesn't surprise me it won at the show.Im sure you have more awards coming your way.Great job.
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

I love your car! Doesn't surprise me it won at the show.Im sure you have more awards coming your way.Great job.

Thanks davylong86, much appreciated.

Nolan
Inferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car is my inspiration. I hope to come down to Cowtown sometime and see it.

[This message has been edited by Inferno (edited 09-19-2014).]

Inferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2016 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK OK So whats the Hell GOING ON WITH MY DREAM CAR?
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Inferno

PM sent.

Thanks
Nolan
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2016 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nolan,
You wouldn't be interested in getting your wheel recovered to match the rest of your interior, would you? I've got enough red leather left to do one more of these:

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC

'88 T-Top coupe DOHC swap in progress

jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2018 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi!

Well, I have finally pulled the trigger and am having a swap done to my 88 GT. Here's the victim:

I had intended to do this swap in my previous 87 GT as shown in this thread: Sourmug's Decklid Vent Build

Alas, it was not to be as I bit off more than I could chew at the time. Having learned from that experience (who said an old dog can't learn new tricks? ) I started to investigate who would be qualified as a potential installer. I have had good recommendations from a number of forum members concerning fieroking (Joe Sokol) and his attention to detail so I contacted Joe last year. After a number of e-mails and phone conversations I was very impressed with what I was hearing and so my wife and I paid Joe a visit to meet him and discuss what I would like to have done. Joe is a heck of a nice person and he answered all my questions and I have decided that he is the one who will do the work.

Over the last 6 months or so I have been collecting parts and have been sending them to Joe and yesterday I drove my car down to Couer d'Alene Idaho to begin the swap. As of right now my car is sitting snug at his place and the work will commence in a week or so:

Here is the engine that will be going in:

The engine is a zero mile GM replacement engine that I purchased on E-Bay and it's been sitting at Joe's place all winter and the suspense has been killing me, it felt like winter was never going to end...

Here are the plans:

1. Engine swap, obviously, OBD II PCM
2. Engine bay clean up
3. Battery relocation to the front
4. Powder coating on the engine, cradle and suspension.
5. Ceramic coating the exhaust.
6. Rear coil overs and new front shocks - KYB
7. Power steering - I know it's blasphemy, but hey, it's my car
8. Side scoops

I will provide updates when I can as Joe's place is 7 hours away from me. (Joe this means you'll have to update me too )

I'm all giddy as a school girl.

Nolan

whered you get those seats from
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2018 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetfighterv

303 posts
Member since Jul 2017
how much was all the new stuff for the interior
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors