Started on: 04-29-2011 08:56 PM
Replies: 277 (26169 views)
Last post by: jetfighterv on 01-24-2018 01:40 PM
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha ha! I'm just 2 miles away and can drop by to annoy Joe anytime. Oops! I meant check out the build.
IP: Logged
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts

8373 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Ha ha! I'm just 2 miles away and can drop by to annoy Joe anytime. Oops! I meant check out the build. Can someone tell me what I'm doing that causes these double posts?

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 08-01-2011).]

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reallybig:

No need to raise awareness of this thread. I think the lack of response is simply that most of us are having trouble finding the words to top AWESOME!
(that, and the rest of us are just plain jealous).

I understand what you're saying and ALL the compliments for the hard work go to Joe. I was just hoping for a little more conversation.

Thanks
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by dratts:

Ha ha! I'm just 2 miles away and can drop by to annoy Joe anytime. Oops! I meant check out the build.

It's probably a good thing that I'm to far away to pop over to Joe's, I'd be hovering like an expectant father and he'd have to constantly tell me to go boil some water!

Nolan
marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been watching and drooling over this build. I have a crate long block 3.4 tdc motor that I want to put into my '85 and have been watching this build wishing that I was closer so I could go take a look in person and ask lots of questions to the builder.

Marc-Alan
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe is taking a lot more pictures than what has been sent to me so far in the updates. He's putting them on a disc for me and I'll post them once I have the disc.

Nolan
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I'll bite into the conversation a little. I was wondering if you planned on putting trans-am vents in the front fenders to go with the rear side scoops. Kinda like you did on your 87 project years ago. If you are interested, I got two pairs laying around my man-cave.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reallybig:

I guess I'll bite into the conversation a little. I was wondering if you planned on putting trans-am vents in the front fenders to go with the rear side scoops. Kinda like you did on your 87 project years ago. If you are interested, I got two pairs laying around my man-cave.

I hadn't really thought about it. At this time I'll say no but it may be on the aggenda in the future.

Thanks
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update:

The car is almost completely reassembled with the exception of the interior and Joe will be doing a first start in a couple of days.

The back with the new Corvette tips:

And the engine bay:

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 08-07-2011).]

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome!! Great work. What is the air filter can from? Is it stock '88 stuff? Never seen one with clips like that.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
X2, Been looking all over for something like that! for my 3.4 DOHC.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a car! Spent a few hours at Fieroking's Saturday. Got the brakes bled, and a few odds and ends. TThe car is looking absolutely marvelous. Jeff and I feel that this is the car to beat at this years Northwest Fierofest.

Nolan, not sure what your plans are for travel next week, but our home is open to you and your wife. We have a clean, spare room if you dont want to hit a hotel. Benjamin sleeps through the night now.

Tony
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sure is pretty. I really like the contrast and the neat placement of the spark plug wires. Every swap Joe does seems to be a labor of love. If there was a class for the most impressive swaps I think that Joe would win hands down.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, it looks like Joe's done a great job for sure. I believe that similar air canisters can be found in Sunfires but I ask Joe what specific vehicle this once came from. Hopefully she will start right up.

Tony: Barbara won't be coming down with me on this trip it'll just be me. I am going to fly down and have not made any arrangements yet.

Nolan
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2011 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then it is settled. Incoming PM...

Tony
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Joe mods the stock can with clips he finds at pull & save... Not sure, but if my memory serves, that's what he does.

Nolan, my trip to Joe's Saturday was my first solo excursion after Lasik surgery on Thursday...

------------------

Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony, I'll call later tonight.

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by aaronkoch:

I think Joe mods the stock can with clips he finds at pull & save... Not sure, but if my memory serves, that's what he does.

Nolan, my trip to Joe's Saturday was my first solo excursion after Lasik surgery on Thursday...

Aaron:

I think Joe uses a compete canister from another car.

How did the laser surgery go?

Nolan
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that car looks assume
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Surgery went really well.. It's nice to be able to see again..
marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think WOW sums up the install. I hope I am able to do as nice as install as this one.

marc-alan
PFF
System Bot
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are several people wanting to know were I got the air can from. The can is out of a early 90's 3.1 V6 Beretta, Cosica. Lumina Euro. The can has a metal base that I remove and then mount to the Fiero Air filter base with the spider removed. On Nolan's 3.4 I ran a 3 inch intake from the Air Scoop that I installed. I welded a 3 inch mandrel bent tube to the air filter base. So it is 3 inch from the scoop all the way to the engine. I can post pics if anyone wants them.

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC OBD II
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for that!

I was looking all over for an air canister like the Fiero's that has an offset inlet. That's the challenge right there.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroking:

There are several people wanting to know were I got the air can from. The can is out of a early 90's 3.1 V6 Beretta, Cosica. Lumina Euro. The can has a metal base that I remove and then mount to the Fiero Air filter base with the spider removed. On Nolan's 3.4 I ran a 3 inch intake from the Air Scoop that I installed. I welded a 3 inch mandrel bent tube to the air filter base. So it is 3 inch from the scoop all the way to the engine. I can post pics if anyone wants them.

Joe Sokol

Yes, please post pics. Thank you.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nolan,
When Tony and I were over there Saturday, we were joking that with the slight coating of dust on your car, it was probably the dirtiest it'd ever been.. Whaddaya do to that thing, take a toothbrush and q-tips to it every day? It is Sooooooo clean..

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nolan,
When Tony and I were over there Saturday, we were joking that with the slight coating of dust on your car, it was probably the dirtiest it'd ever been.. Whaddaya do to that thing, take a toothbrush and q-tips to it every day? It is Sooooooo clean..

I was fortunate in that the original owner was meticulous with his care for the car and the second owner was a collector that had stored the car and seldom drove it. That makes keeping it clean much easier.

By the way, I understand that the car is now runnig but with some issues that Joe is in the process of sorting out.

Thanks
Nolan
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with Joe today. There were a few wiring bugs and other minor issues but he has them resolved. Just have to get a new power steering pump as the one that is installed (which is also new)is squealing, charge the A/C system, new alignment and get a Dyno tune done and it sounds like she will be ready for Fiero Fest next weekend!

Thanks for all your hard work Joe!
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
b u m p
ManMadeChickens

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this car at Northwest FieroFest this weekend. Holy cow! It's simply breathtaking. Makes me wanna put an LQ1 in my Fiero, BAD.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2011 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, we need your take on the car. It is just as amazing as the pictures, and won many awards this weekend. Deservedly so...

Tony

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm home after the big adventure. Monday we took care of a few items and I drove to the border Had to for out money for the taxes (GST) Then just after I passed though Cranbrook BC the NEW power steering pully on the NEW re-manufactured power steering pump failed... So I had to spend the night in Cranbrook Today the car was fixed using a used PS pump and pulley from a wrecker so I headed out and then though a code just outside Calgary The car is now safely tucked away in my garage after being washed, the code has been reset and has not reappeared and my be a redundant code that isn't required any longer in the programming.

Other then that the car is Great and should have come from GM this way. Lots of power definately a big step up from the 2.8 and the handling is terrific.

I've got a pile of pictures to post but I'm too pooped to do that now. So I'll post some more on this later.
Nolan

Edit to add: Thanks for your kind words Tony and ManMadeChickens

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 08-16-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance this work of art will show itself thursday evening at the Dub?
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I'm going to go to the meeting on Thursday.

Nolan
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002
The Northwest Fiero Fest was great! I had a good time and everyone was as friendly as could be, what a great bunch of people. My car was entered in the Super Modified Class and had some stiff competition, Dogcreek's LS4 car and the Purple Pavement eater, Fieroking's 4.9 and 3.4 DOHC cars. All the cars were great and I could tell that the owner's really loved them.

I was fortunate to win the following:
1. A plaque for the furthest distance traveled to get to the Fest.
2. First place in my class.
3. The People's Choice.
4. Best in Show.

I'm very surprised and very honoured. My thanks to everyone who was there and to the judges.

Now, how to get the local Calgary members to come down next year?....

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 08-17-2011).]

Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An impressive list of awards! Congratulations!
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What Brand spark plug wires are those?
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe sure does pretty work, doesn't he?

------------------

Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Joe sure does pretty work, doesn't he?

The swap looks really neat and clean. Had the model continued, I believe that the 3.4TDC engine was GM's choice for the 1989 Fiero so we could say that it looks "factory". That engine also has a reputation for responding very favorably to forced induction.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, ZZP Intercooler, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The swap looks really neat and clean. Had the model continued, I believe that the 3.4TDC engine was GM's choice for the 1989 Fiero so we could say that it looks "factory". That engine also has a reputation for responding very favorably to forced induction.

Yes. Very nice. Only problem is the oil and coolant fill locations are terrible.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-18-2011).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Yes. Very nice. Only problem is the oil and coolant fill locations are terrible.

There is an easy work around for that, I'll show you tonight.

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 08-18-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock