Started on: 04-29-2011 08:56 PM
Replies: 277 (26192 views)
Last post by: jetfighterv on 01-24-2018 01:40 PM
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately I can't. The car is 700 miles away from me. Try contacting Fieroking (Joe) he may be able to help you out with the connectors.

Nolan

Edit to Add: Have you seen this site? http://www.dohcfiero.com/electrical.htm Although that may only help you with the harness...

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 06-27-2011).]

IP: Logged
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya i tried that site and like you said it only shows the harness
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a question, with this being a new GM replacement engine do I need to break it in? It's my understanding that new car engines are broken in at the factory. Thoughts?

Thanks
Nolan
aaronkoch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The way I look at it: It can't hurt.

If you do a normal break-in (or Joe does), then all you're out is the oil change. If you don't, and need it, then who knows?

------------------

Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
first thanks for the help and as far as breaking in i would say i would run it like i was breaking it in due to it wont hurt it to run it like it needs to be broke in but if you don't break it in and it needs to be broke in then the rings may never seat right
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have received an update from Joe.

Parts are back from the powder coaters:

The engine and tranny are mounted on the cradle:

The wheel wells at bay are all painted and the fire wall treatment is done:

And the wiring has commenced

Thanks for the update Joe

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 07-04-2011).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

I am hoping you can help me and take a pic of the top of the coil pack i cant seem to figure the wiring the guy gave me its like i am missing something i only have 2 connectors that plug into the coil pack but it takes 3 plugs thanks i dint mean to hijack but am desperate for help

Have you tried my site? My wiring diagrams are on there, they 'might help you (or not!). From page 5 of my swap section:

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks ltlfrari now what is the best sounding muffler i have heard a few that dint sound really good they sound real raspy and i dint like that
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always like mine, cat + maganflow + CC inserts, nice and quiet (= no cops/annoyed neighbors!) for normal driving but hit the gas and it had a nice grow without being tiring on a long drive.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ltlfrari. But I have all the diagrams for the 97 LQ1, this is my second LQ1 build. the wiring harness is almost done now, would have been done but my soldering gun's tip decided to fail and I didn't have a replacement.

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC OBD II
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)

aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Real men solder with their laser-vision. Although, this could be why my swap is encountering possible electrical problems..

Looks good Joe & Nolan!

I'll have to drive out and lend my expert moral support one of these days..
(Don't worry, Nolan, us Spokanites provide that service for FREE!)

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaronkoch:

Real men solder with their laser-vision. Although, this could be why my swap is encountering possible electrical problems..

Looks good Joe & Nolan!

I'll have to drive out and lend my expert moral support one of these days..
(Don't worry, Nolan, us Spokanites provide that service for FREE!)

Like me, Joe isn't a spring chicken any more, his laser vision may lack.... focus.

Joe's doing all the work so the cudo's are all his. I'm just hovering like an expectant father, except from 700 miles away.

By the way, Joe is that a test fitted passenger side scoop I spy though the air vent that you cut into the chasis?

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 07-05-2011).]

Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nolan sorry I haven't test fitted a scoop yet. Wiring is almost done.

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC OBD II
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, my eyes deceive me then, which means I can't focus either.

Thanks
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just received an update from Joe:

All the red powder coating is done and picked up. The silver bits should be done tomorrow:

The brake calipers assembled:

The wiring as about 95% complete and Joe will finish the rest up when the engine is in the car:

And the exhaust to the muffler is complete and waiting for ceramic coating:

Looking good Joe!
Nolan
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped by yesterday to check out your build. All the bright red parts are going to look really good in your gloss black and brushed aluminum engine bay. This is a really sweet build!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow is this thing nice or what this has got to be one of the nicest build i have seen on the forum
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! I think she's going to be purdy

Nolan
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tap, tap, tap... is this thing on?
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

I wasn't using the Lumina style dog-bone mount that's part of that lift point (haven't seen a Fiero install that did), so all the weight in that part wasn't necessary. I made a replacement lift bracket out of 1/4" plate that's just the eye straight down to three of the available bolt holes. Cleaner and much lighter.

Beautiful work, BTW.

edit: I just noticed you have cut away part of the mount already. I did that as well, then thought "What the heck" and started over with a new design.

Neil

[This message has been edited by sspeedstreet (edited 07-13-2011).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neil:

Yes I had thought about that too and it's something that I may do as a winter project.

Yup, Joe's doing some mighty fine work.

Nolan
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So when I got home today my wife had a surprise for me. She knows how much I love my Fiero and my dogs so she had a picture book made for me! Check it out:

There's more pages, but you get the idea.

Man I love my Wife!

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 07-13-2011).]

sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hard to see it here (I guess that's a good thing).

edit: That book is very cool! You are a lucky man.

[This message has been edited by sspeedstreet (edited 07-13-2011).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pictures and nice job on the lifting bracket, you're right it's hidden quite well. How do you like the crinkle finish on your cam covers?

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 07-13-2011).]

sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like it. The powder coater warned me that it catches dust and it does. I figure if the Ferrari people can put up with it, I can.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

So...

Man I love my Wife!

Giant ear to ear smile for ya man.

Hoping to see your car this weekend. From watching Joe's installs first hand, the pics do not do the work justice. The powder coater that he uses makes the parts just like candy. I want to take a bite out of your suspension.

Tony
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks tony!

No nibbling on my suspension though.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony:

Were you able to go by Joe's place?

How's my baby looking?

Tanks
Nolan
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for the weekly update!

The power steering rack is in and the front suspension is basically complete:

The Coil-overs for the rear are assembled:

For the Tach, we're going to go with an 8K one out of a 95 Monte Carlo. It looks like it's a good fit for the Fiero pod:

The engine is pretty much complete too and the exhaust is ceramic coated:

Aluminum and powder coated timing cover:

And the Side scoops are painted:

It looks fantastic Joe!

Nolan
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MAN... I love this stuff!
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm tellin ya, Joe's a machine..

I keep telling him he doesn't understand the term "retirement." I swear he's busier by a factor of 5 now than he was before he "retired."

------------------

PFF
System Bot
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

aaronkoch

1643 posts
Member since Aug 2003
And it looks like he found a nice way to get the dipstick re-oriented to make it easier to reach, too. Cool.

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaronkoch:

And it looks like he found a nice way to get the dipstick re-oriented to make it easier to reach, too. Cool.

Oh, hey! I didn't even notice that. Thanks for doing that Joe.

Nolan
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2011 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is looking great there Nolan. Almost like Joe knows what he is doing?

And no, I did not eat the suspension. Joe would not allow it.

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 07-19-2011).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it would appear that Joe does in fact know what he's doing

Thanks for the comments guys.
Nolan
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for new pics because I'm too lazy to drive the 30 miles to Joe's house..

------------------

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't have any yet, so you'll have to wait just like me
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002
OK, hot of the press! The scoops are installed:

The engine going in!

Sitting in the Bay:

And the rear suspension:

It's getting soooooo close. Thanks Joe!

Nolan
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 07-25-2011).]

Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No need to raise awareness of this thread. I think the lack of response is simply that most of us are having trouble finding the words to top AWESOME!
(that, and the rest of us are just plain jealous).
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock