Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Heavily Modded 3800SC 87 GT build Thread (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Heavily Modded 3800SC 87 GT build Thread by daniel87fierogt
Started on: 02-17-2008 07:18 AM
Replies: 153 (18769 views)
Last post by: Tweeder on 02-28-2014 12:21 AM
Fiero Reagan

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2010 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ReaganClick Here to visit Fiero Reagan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero ReaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats man. Going to keep my eye on this thread
IP: Logged
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Courtesy Bump!

Any update on this? I am searching a 3800SC conversion.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who is making your wiring harness? II would hate to see all that beauty jacked up with wires everywhere.
http://www.injectiontechnology.com/products.htm

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 09-18-2010).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Well today the big brown truck brought me my side scoops from Fiero fiberglass. They are the GT Style #1, and they arrived very well packed and they look great. I will be taking them to the paint shop very soon to have them painted. I have to cut the openings out and the mounting holes first. After they are painted i will put the 1/4" black honeycomb mesh in the openings. The swap moves foreward steadily and i want to thank Jimmy for providing these to the fiero community.

Your welcome and thanks for the purchase and review of the Scoops. I can't wait to see them installed. Don't forget to email me some high res pics once the car is finished.

Jim

P.S. That motor looks schweet! How much HP do you think you will have?
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update on the progress: Since we got the headers installed the only thing left to do is to take it up to West Coast Fiero so they can make up the full 3 inch exhaust for it and make the A/C lines. We still have to run the intercooler lines and mount the pump also. Progress has stopped right now because in a month i am going in for shoulder surgery. Hopefully i will be back and taking it up to west coast fiero right around the begining of the new year.

Nosrac, PBJ did my harness. We will be routing the harness as hidden as possible, the coils are going to be mounted down low where fastfieros mounts his. We are going for the cleanest look with no wires seen.

Jimmy- I will be sure to send you some high res pics when they get painted and installed. Thanks for the kind words, it keeps my motovation up and keeps me wanting to finish it. It will be dynoed after it is broke in and we are shooting for 375 WHP.
PRFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRFieroSend a Private Message to PRFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure if you have already indicated it before but who makes the fuel rail you are using? thanks
Odin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OdinSend a Private Message to OdinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is going to be a rocket! what time are you looking for in the 1/4 mile? You definitely have to post a video of it on the track!
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Allright everyone we trailered the car up to West Coast Fiero today!!! Chris and steve are going to work there magic on my car. There going to make up the exhaust, the ac lines, fab up a couple brackets, make the offset dogbone, and make the coolant pipe for the drivers side. All i will have to do is put some heat shielding on some wires and hoses and put the wiring harness on and the swap should be running and driving. Im so happy that this is almost done, its been 4 years since i started this 3800 swap and it almost finished. I thought i was going to beat qwikgta on the longest time to complete a swap but it looks like in the next few months it should be done.

PRFiero- The rail i am using the stock rail but very modified, it uses the stock pieces of the rail that the injectors clip into and the fuel is routed around the supercharger instead of over like stock. The write-up is here on the forum, its fairly easy to make, just takes time and you have to know how to solder. I will upgrade to the zzp rails or the prj rails when i need a adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Odin- On paper the car should be a high 11 sec car but in the real world and since im running the getrag i dont know if i will ever take it to the dragstrip. I will get it dynoed so we will be able to theoretically see what kind of time it would do but who knows i might decide to take it to the track.

magot

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the painted underside of your decklid! It's a nice touch.
my86fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my86fieroSend a Private Message to my86fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome build so far. I'm curious to see how WCF runs your exhaust with the ZZP headers as I will be installing a set on my L67 swap. Look forward to more updates!
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the car is back in my possesion now, the exhaust looks really good. I did have to cut the bottom 1/3 out of my trunk because the ZZP headers dump so far down and out. WCF used full mandrel 3 inch in and 2 1/2 dual outs. I used the quiter larger spintech muffler they offer. I would have taken some pictures when i picked it up but it was raining and sleeting so i didnt have time. All i have to purchase now is the champion radiator and the belts and then i will get the first startup on video. I lost my job a couple of months ago so next week i have an interview so the progress is slow right now. I will take some close-up pics of the exhaust when we do the first startup. Thanks Daniel

[This message has been edited by daniel87fierogt (edited 03-26-2011).]

Jfrost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The suspense is killer! I really want to see how the exhaust turned out!
Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a youtube video is a must when you get it running!
Jeromey Cummins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jeromey CumminsSend a Private Message to Jeromey CumminsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, love the looks of the motor. Cant wait to see some numbers!

------------------
J. Cummins

That One Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for That One GuySend a Private Message to That One GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a beautiful car.
Jfrost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates? I really want to see how the exhaust turned out with the ZZP headers!
Jfrost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for any updates and to keep this on the first page!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!
Logan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did You Solder Or Tig Weld your Fuel rail?

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Jfrost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, any updates on this car?
j bf1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2012 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any progress??
86GTJohn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTJohnSend a Private Message to 86GTJohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump... i want to see how the trunk and exhaust turned out
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Concerning your awesome 3800SC build, I noticed it appears you simply re-used the stock 88 type alternator bracket to mount it lower, is that correct? And, where did you get the aluminum piece above it for the new idler as well as the upper engine mount to get back to the stock location. Were those custom built as well?
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay well we are finally in the home stretch with finishing up the swap now. I just moved into our new house that has a full garage so the progress has been steady. In the last few weeks we removed the cradle one last time to wrap the headers, I bought the DEI titanium wrap which looks to be a pretty good product. I ordered the Nitto Invo tires and the new wheels are on there way. I did take pictures for the people that were asking about what it looked like. Just have to put all the heat protection on the wires and install the wiring harness and then I will video the first startup. The fuel rail is soldered not tig welded. I am using a different low mount alt bracket since I am using the 99+ alternator and the dogbone mount has been moved to the back of the head where the EGR is normally mounted. I am using the WCF mount which is very nicely made.

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude! Thats Crazy!!
------------------

Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap

88 Coupe under construction

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 06-01-2013).]

DPoppelll

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DPoppelllSend a Private Message to DPoppelllEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have missed it, but did you wind up going with the F40 trans? I'm starting my 3800 SC swap (gonna take a very long time, limited budget and all) and I got it with the stock automatic trans, and I've been looking at that F40 for a while, but if it's too much hassle I'd rather save the headache.

Great build, looks phenomenal.

Dan
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally started it up for the first time today. It ran great, only minor things to get done and then it will be ready for a test ride. I am using the getrag for now and I have the brand new F40 waiting for when the getrag decides to let go.
http://youtu.be/Q6Ul2sNg_ZU
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw your startup post, the car sounds good, did you need to cut the trunk out with those headers?
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes I cut the bottom 1/3 of the trunk out. As small as the trunk is on the fiero and I don't use my fiero as my daily driver so I don't even miss that little bit of space I lost.
PFF
System Bot
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on getting the intercooler pump, lines, and heat exchanger mounted so I can take it out for a test drive

[This message has been edited by daniel87fierogt (edited 12-01-2013).]

zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! It's looking awesome!
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet. Any probs with the clearance between the supercharger and deck lid due to the added height if the intercooler?

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay