Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My second paint build... Finally I get to paint my car. (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My second paint build... Finally I get to paint my car. by JimmyS
Started on: 03-23-2009 09:40 PM
Replies: 193 (12637 views)
Last post by: Westy on 11-18-2010 10:34 PM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I said I would have some pics tonight but it is going to have to wait till tomorrow. It has been raining here all day so I wasn't able to get the car outside for pics. I still have a couple more pieces to clean up and install. Namely the decklid vents, drip rails and fuel door. Other than that, I am done.
IP: Logged
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
let me just be the first to say congratulations on completing your project. i know it's been alot of hard work and now you can enjoy the fruits of your labor. this thread has been very educational and inspirational. i'm looking foward to seeing the finished and completed product.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim, are my eyes playing tricks on me or did you do a fade on the black from side scoop to nose?

Sweet looking ride!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2009 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooooooohhhhhh! The anticipation is driving us crazy.

Tony
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that you have all that done, will you be doing THIS again soon?
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would scuff... the paint... besides Jim doesn't do crazy stuff like that anymore.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

That would scuff... the paint... besides Jim doesn't do crazy stuff like that anymore.

or any less.
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy maybe I missed it but what did you use to fill in the holes from the decklid and antenna?
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

or any less.

LOL...
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First I would like to give a HUGE thank you to Billy Kidd for helping me with the final cut and buff. Billy helped me out when I was about to give up and for that Billy... THANK YOU! Billy is not a member here but he has been following this thread VIA a link I emailed to him.

I still have a couple little things to finish up on the car, namely, a couple GTP badges that are in route to me courtesy of Infinitewill. Thank you very much Will. I also have to finish up the interior door panels and get them re-installed. There are also a couple of Supercharged stickers I need to install on the sides of the hood scoop. I don't have them yet but should have them next week sometime.

As most of you have come to realize, this car is a dream come true to me. It has been a long time (8 year) work in progress and it is finally coming to an end. My girlfried says that I will now go crazy cause I now won't have anything to do. I quickly informed her that the lawn mower is my next project. I'm gonna paint it to match my car. LOL

Well without further ado, I present, to you all, for the first time... HYPNOTIC

Next up is to get all the rest of the badging done and then take her out for a photo shoot so I can get some pics sent off to the Fiero Store in hopes to make it into the 2010 calendar
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy, That's outstanding !!!!

I applaud your workmanship.

I'll bet you've got a sh#teating grin a mile wide !
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awsome.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' GOOD there Amigo!
Billy Kidd definately has "the touch". I know you're thrilled with the car now.
I'll be seeing you at the Wiregrass show next month, if not before.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-14-2009 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love that fade! That looks killer with the color combo. Are you sure that you don't paint cars for a living?

Tony
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful job on the car. I'm happy to see you were able to learn automotive painting and do a spectacular job. It definately is an art that not just anyone can pick up and accomplish. Glad to see the finished product came out so beautiful. Very nice work.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh... my.

Niiice!
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on a great looking car and a fulfillment of a dream!!!
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you do it again
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy, got 'em
ohio86se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very good job Jim!!!!!

It is obvious that you have put your heart and soul into this build.

I hope to see HYPNOTIC in person some day.

Was it hard to learn to paint with the HVLP?

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is definitely different. Enjoy!
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the compliments everyone.

With some help from Infinitewil, I finally got the badging done.

Will hooked me up with some badges cut out of Stainless on a waterjet. I sent him a file to scale and he was able to use tha file to cut them. I got 2 of these, 1 for each sail window.

This is what one looked like as I received it...

Polished...

Overlay installed...

Installed onto sail window...

I got some other badging done also and I will post some pics of that tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 08-27-2009).]

JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work car looks good
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy,

Every time I see your ride I am even more impressed at the craftsmanship you have put into it. The new interior lighting is freakin' slick! Great seeing you again in Ft. Myers.

\/\/
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!
Looking good Jimmy, now send your friend up to help me do the same jk. I just shot the color on the body yesterday now I have to do the clear.
I know how you feel, I can't wait for this car to be done, at least the paint
looking forward to seeing you in Daytona.
D.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful. The first thread I think I read all the way through for years.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The paint looks great, now if it just sat lower it would look even better IMO.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

The paint looks great, now if it just sat lower it would look even better IMO.

All in due time

I plan on getting rid of the 17' wheels and going with 18's. Once that happens, I will get lowering ball joints from Rodney. I already have coil overs on the rear so lowering the back is a piece of cake.
FieroMeister

Feedback score:    (63)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JimmyS...finally got a chance to catch up on your project. What a fantastic result. Your work certainly paid off big time. Excellent job!!! Congratulations.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JImmy,

Have you ever posted this from the shoot we did last Nov?

vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy, You got any pictures of non GT side scoops mounted? Painted even.

Vinny
PFF
System Bot
Tzone21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tzone21Send a Private Message to Tzone21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i must say, out of all the things you have done to your fiero there is one that i just cant stand at all. Why isnt it parked outside of MY house instead of yours
Docs87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Docs87gtSend a Private Message to Docs87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what kind of side scoops are those? and where would i get some
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock