Started on: 02-10-2008 01:29 PM
Replies: 231 (33853 views)
Last post by: dskebo on 03-15-2018 07:32 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

Driver Side

Paul

Dude, I'm digging the sterring wheel you got there! Oh yeah, the widebody too.
IP: Logged
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you! I feel honored.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd Getrag
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000099.html

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Sorry double post.

[This message has been edited by War Hammer (edited 06-27-2011).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry it has been a while. My father has been ill and it takes a lot of my time. I will be working on it this week though. Sorry it is taking so long.

Paul

There are times when sorry is not necessary.

Any info on where you purchased your wheel spacers? They look well done, and I am in the market for 1" spacers. Thanks in advance.

Tony
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These guys are the best been dealing with them many years and american custom made .
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love your build, nicely done.

BUT, I love my spacers too, but these look dangerous for the shear lateral force on the spacers. They are so offsprung with what looks like 6" on the rear end.

Please explain how this will work without putting to much shear force on those? I may be wrong.

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, and 86 GT

Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are not dangerous as you may think get them from these guys , the cheaper ones are not made from a solid block of 6061 aluminum but cast metal.The reason why I use these guys I have their spacers on my Chevy dually converting from 5 to 8 lugs going on 5 years with no problems and I use it for work hauling a 6 car carrier and carrying loads too.

Accidents can happen and wheels come off regular hubs as they can with adapters so it is not like like it happens every day.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Porsche used spacers on all their flaired 911's (930, 935, etc). They handle it fine. Archie's uses them too without any issues. I am running just a little over 300hp at the wheels so I feel all will be OK.

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I worked on the car a little tonight. More getting frustrated than accomplishing anything. I did however get the last 2 fuel injectors installed. Now it should just be a matter or rewiring the computer from OBD1 to OBD1.5 (94-95).

Tried repinning the ECM to no avail. Can't seem to get the pins out.

Let you know more tomorrow.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

turbodad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodadSend a Private Message to turbodadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a pm.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

There are times when sorry is not necessary.

Any info on where you purchased your wheel spacers? They look well done, and I am in the market for 1" spacers. Thanks in advance.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I purchased them from an eBay member. I will see if I can find a link for you.

Paul
PFF
System Bot
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Here is the link : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item2311b4f498 You will have to contact him for 1"

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by jwrape:

I love your build, nicely done.

BUT, I love my spacers too, but these look dangerous for the shear lateral force on the spacers. They are so offsprung with what looks like 6" on the rear end.

Please explain how this will work without putting to much shear force on those? I may be wrong.

Good Guess - 3.00" on each side. Actually 2 1.5" spacers on each side allowing the use of shorter grade 8 lug bolts. Less prone to snapping. If you use spacers or custom wheels it still changes the force and strain on the bearings, axles, etc. I was forced to use spacers due to budgetary restraints. The 930 utilized similar spacers (3.00" each side) with long bolts and it held up ok.

I hope that helps explain.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry it has been so long everyone. My father has been ill and I was needed to help.

I worked on War Hammer tonight. My arm gives out after barely an hour. I did, however, get the fiberglassed smoothed on the passenger side rear fender cap. It is ready for filler now . I am here all week so I hope to get all the fiberglass prepped and ready for primer.

It is ambitious but I think accomplishable. It does depend on the arm though. (For those that do not know I received 140 amps to my left arm that burned the insulation off the median nerve. It causes a tremendous amount of pain.)

I promise I will post more pics as things progress.

BTW, if anyone needs any paint work of pinstriping done I am your man.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool !

Glad to see you are back at it Paul.

Keep plugging away little by little and before you know it, it will be done !
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope so. This economy has really taken the fight out of me. I didn't need to take off since April, but what can I say he is my Dad.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No new pictures but basically just sanding and fiberglassing and more sanding. Anyone that does it understands it. It is getting close to puttying. Probably next week.

Today touched up the few serious air pockets I have found with more glass and I gave the front bumper darts their first layer. It is hard sometimes not to just sit and remember how far the car has come and that I have done most of it. Without Richard (Whadeduck) though it would never have gotten this far.

Tomorrow I will put the car on jack stands for 2 reasons: 1) To prepare the car for dis-assembly for paint and 2) to change the rear spark plugs. Also the car sits so low it will help me work on the rockers in a little more comfort.

More updates coming soon!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the pictures I promised. Since these were taken the car has been placed on jack stands. It is coming along slowly but surely!

As they say in the Dominican Republic - Poco un poco (little by little).

More updates soon!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone.

Not much new. I have finished aligning the passenger side rocker. You must use the fender liner for alignment. I don't like this method but it is the only thing that works.

Other that that not much going on. I intend to align the driver's side either tomorrow or Wednesday.

TTYL

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

Tork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2011 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorkSend a Private Message to TorkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ANy updates man? The car is lookin pretty good.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2011 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just more sanding and glassing. I have the front darts glassed in on the first layer at least. The plan this weekend is to do some work on the bumper. It is the part that lined up the least with everything. After I get the exterior finished I need to start on the doors. Power windows, door locks, and firebird door panels. The seats will be fitted soon as well.

Maybe in a month or two she will be on the way to the paint booth. Charcoal grey metallic or flat black with orange trim.

Pictures over the weekend I promise.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

PFF
System Bot
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2011 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For all that read this I am considering bolting the aftermarket seat rails straight to the floor. Would you consider this to be safe? I will use grade 8 hardware. I never want the rust monster to creep in because of this though.

The reason for mounting them in this fashion is later I will probably be chopping the top. If I reused the factory rails the seat would not fit when this is completed. Also I never did like the canted inward look of the factory mounting.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello All,

Just posting something that doesn't involve sanding or 'glassing. Rivnuts!

Here are a couple of pics of how I am mounting my back bumper cover. I replaced the plastic rivet things that I hate (haven't found anyone that likes 'em) with Rivnuts. The actual process only took about half an hour. This will make ti so much easier to put on and take off the rear bumper repeatedly.

Also as you can see the rear bumper is filthy and has some surface corrosion starting so I am taking it off and repainting it with a zinc primer and satin topcoat.

That is all for today!

Keep smiling

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is today's progress on the bumper (not the cover).

What I started with.

Let the sanding begin!

I should have it under primer tomorrow.
First it will get a couple of coats of a zinc primer. Why zinc primer? Because rust will not creep on zinc.
Second it will get a couple of coats of Upol 2 part primer.

That will get it ready for a top coat on Wednesday if the weather holds.

Have a great evening!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

[This message has been edited by War Hammer (edited 10-03-2011).]

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. Nothing OCD there.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'88 Ferrario

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like to stop cancer before it does damage. Our cars aren't getting any younger Ducky but they are still younger than us.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am having difficulty transferring pictures. Here is the update though. I have primed with a Zinc primer and then 3 coats of 2 part urethane primer.

Tomorrow I will be sanding the primer and painting the bumper with Satin finish black. 3 coats of course.

Updates soon.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2011 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the primer sanded today but rain stopped the painting.

Otherwise, nothing new to report except I purchased some flat steel to make some seat mounts. That should be fun this week.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. For some reason the Sprint to Yahoo mail lag has been huge but some pictures finally came through.

First some with the GREEN zinc rich, self etching primer. I used this because rust doesn't creep on zinc. I acquired it years ago for a 280z project. Platicote.

And now for some pictures of the grey primer. It is a 2 part urethane primer that is like a spray putty. It can be applied dierectly over bare metal. It goes on with a little bit of a texture but does it ever sand smooth. It is designed to fill in small imperfections that you missed like sanding scratches, rust pits, etc. The stuff is fantastic. U-pol 20:25 is the model number. I purchased it at my local FinishMaster store but most other professional suppliers can get it. I think it was about $100.00per gallon.

As soon as I get a break in the weather I will topcoat in satin black with a product I found on eBay, KemFX. 1.5 gallons for $150.00 delivered. If it works out this will be the initial color for War Hammer.

Until the next time...

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2011 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting closer to the dream!

Bumper is painted and dry. Pictures today I promise. I cannot say enough good things about the KhemFX paint. With my guns it works best to spray at 50psi. I buy it off of eBay.

Pics tonight.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2011 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumper is black.

Whadeduck thinks the rest of the car will be dust before this thing starts to rust.

Let me know what you all think about this.

Paul

[This message has been edited by War Hammer (edited 10-18-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK. Sorry it took a few days to get pictures of the finished bumper installed. l think it made an improvement in both looks and, more importantly, the longevity of the part. I realize to many of you this is overkill but I was always taught that anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Here it is.

I will be updating again soon.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK. The blessing and curse of doing just about everything to a car is that you can jump around to avoid boredom. So in the midst of all this bodywork I decided to start working on the power door locks to alleviate the boredom of fiberglass-sand-fiberglass-sand.

Here is a bracket I fabbed up using a little angle. All I used was a grinder so it isn't perfect but not too bad.

And of course more fiberglass.

I should get more work done on it tomorrow.

Until then!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump.

Hey Paul we need an update fix !
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coming soon!
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 30+mpg (edited 01-14-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2012 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Coming soon!

is is soon yet ? hehehe
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Paul,

Is it hammertime yet ??
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Miami Bump!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2012 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Miami Bump!

Miami bump ?? huh ??
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave