Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Building a sport luxury interior + other mods (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Building a sport luxury interior + other mods by Chris_86GT
Started on: 04-01-2009 11:03 AM
Replies: 259 (51948 views)
Last post by: deloreanant on 08-25-2016 12:43 AM
whitey078

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whitey078Send a Private Message to whitey078Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris_86GT:
For the switches I have found this Savage switches, they are illuminated blue.

Alright, WHERE did you get those in the US. These are really nice, and i'd love to order a nice set, but... i can only find them in the UK.
IP: Logged
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whitey078:

Alright, WHERE did you get those in the US. These are really nice, and i'd love to order a nice set, but... i can only find them in the UK.

Chris is from Athens, Greece. Chances are that he got them from the UK.
whitey078

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whitey078Send a Private Message to whitey078Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Chris is from Athens, Greece. Chances are that he got them from the UK.

That's a shame, these are some damned nice switches. Cant find anything this nice here.
red85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red85gtClick Here to visit red85gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to red85gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your dash looks amazing! I was gonna say dont leave the stock havac controlls but looks like you found a solution. I guess the only knock against it is using the firebird gauges. If your installing a pc in the car I am sure it could be used to have a lcd screen display all the gauge stuff. Using winald or similar wired up to show everything. I plan on doing a Viper inspired dash since our cars have similar sized interiors. I look forward to the finished project if you get it all finished

------------------
85 GT 4 speed 2.8L auto X'er

http://sfoggroup.webs.com/

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's a shame, these are some damned nice switches. Cant find anything this nice here.

Can't you just buy them on the UK site? I know the conversion rate sucks, and it will probably be quite expensive for a few switches. But if you want them that bad, it seems like you can get them.
whitey078

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whitey078Send a Private Message to whitey078Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Can't you just buy them on the UK site? I know the conversion rate sucks, and it will probably be quite expensive for a few switches. But if you want them that bad, it seems like you can get them.

Problem is, I've bought car parts 3 times from the EU, all 3 times they got "disappeared" in customs... and none of them were anything more fancy than a switch or whatever. damned tired of being burned.
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by red85gt:

Your dash looks amazing! I was gonna say don't leave the stock havac controlls but looks like you found a solution. I guess the only knock against it is using the firebird gauges. If your installing a pc in the car I am sure it could be used to have a lcd screen display all the gauge stuff. Using winald or similar wired up to show everything. I plan on doing a Viper inspired dash since our cars have similar sized interiors. I look forward to the finished project if you get it all finished

I have installed a PC in the car but I won't use it for gauge display, I always liked analog displays :-). I was thinking more for a custom gauge faceplate to give a more modern look. For the Havac I will stay with the stock for now till I found a cheaper solution. The other controls cost 500$ if I recall right.

Problem is, I've bought car parts 3 times from the EU, all 3 times they got "disappeared" in customs... and none of them were anything more fancy than a switch or whatever. damned tired of being burned.

The switches was bought from UK and for 4 small and 1 big (start engine) cost me about 100 Euro (including shipping). I can say for them that are good quality and worth the money. I never had a problem not receiving parts even if they stopped in customs, I guess I am lucky
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWEET! Fantastic job!
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be very proud you have done some quality work.
Sigler85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sigler85GTSend a Private Message to Sigler85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your work is beautiful, i wish i had the patience you've showed with this project.
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all for your comments. Yes, patience is my big advantage, nothing can be done from the first time correct, I often redo things even if it isn't absolutely necessary just because I thing it will be better this way.

And some update with the work done to the air channels. They are finished and installed to the car and I am happy with the air flow, but I question myself if finally worth all that trouble.
Making again the co-driver's side, to fit the glove compartment.

And a detail how I connect the pieces of the air channels (driver side). You can see from the left the small gap between them and from the right I use two screws to keep it together since there is no gap between them.

PFF
System Bot
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful work! Any updates?
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing new since the last month I was making a dash for a BMW 2002 for my mechanic. It will be his racing car.
This weekend I am planing to install the new car pc I bought. I don't thing I will make anything before the summer vacations.
From September I want to make the door panels. I have some pics from the vents painted that was the last I did to the car.

I use the foam from a pc motherboard to connect the pieces and the Audi air vents (free stuff is the best ).

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A member pm me for more pics of the interior. This was before summer vacations, but better late than never

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Lookin great!!!!

Thanx all,

Air-eek...
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven’t done much lately, with the economy crisis in Greece I don’t have the "mood" to work in the car.
I have almost done the glove compartment, finished with the glove opening mechanism; the third try was successful

Video with the mechanism, it's like an "M" if you look close.

And the cover I made

I have reupholstered with leather the glove compartment and I will take some pics to show the finished product
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work!
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2012 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More photos of the glove compartment. The gap around the door is about 1mm it can't be seen from this angle, still need to polish the handle and paint the underside black.
The back side of the cover for the opening mechanism.
And the top of the glove compartment getting ready for paint. I didn’t use gelcoat and polyester was full of pinholes...

Inside covered with black velvet.

The velvet on the cover looks grey from the camera flash. It is black like the rest.
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The top of the glove compartment covered with velvet inside and black satin paint outside.
The two white dots are LEDs.

Backside the conector for the LEDs.

This is what I am working on lately... Height is 7cm

left wing sticks ουτ 2mm right 1mm, I will go with the 2mm.

This is just a test to see how will "print" on leather.

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last weeks progress...

Redoing the cover for the gauges because the old was too close to the steering wheel

Moved the HVAC forward

Did the nececary surgery to the Audi vents in order to fit right

More work to them

PFF
System Bot
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I fiberglassed the edges in order to be ready for leather upholstery.

Getting ready to take a mold out of it for future carbonfiber project, I painted it with epoxy primer.

Installing a fan controller. Summer is very hot in Greece and I want to protect my electronic equipment from overheating.

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2012 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since I have made my mind how the center console will be, I am moving to the final stage...

[This message has been edited by Chris_86GT (edited 05-23-2012).]

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The black printed area with the HVAC controls will be replaced with brushed aluminum.

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2012 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must see more. Love the Computer mech.
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

I must see more. Love the Computer mech.

If you want I can upload a video with the monitor lift mech. If I understand correct.

More progress...

Last week I received my order for 4 more Savage switches. Here they are installed.

Connected the Fan switch with the HVAC (the closest spot I could find). Now I can activate the Fan anytime I want.

It is getting crowdie down here....

Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris_86GT:

VERY NICE!
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man that is nice i wish i had your skills
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gluing the wood pieces to the sides

Night shoots, with no flash on the camera

The Fan controller is from Aerocool, for 3.5 inch PC bay

PFF
System Bot
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Few days ago I received my new sail windows from The Fiero Store.
Very well packaged and my first impression is that the product is very good.

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks very nice!
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2012 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks gorgeous!

The light color wood even gives Aston Martin a run for it's money.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates?
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all for your comments.

Sorry no time to work on the car, too busy in my work lately and vacations keeps me away from my project.
I want to start the side panels but I don’t think to find time till mid October…
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work there Chris. It looks so good I'm sure people will ask you what car you got it from!
Fierostarvin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierostarvinSend a Private Message to FierostarvinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man the patience this must take.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You make fiberglass look sooo easy. I don't even know where to begin. I wish I had your skill level

- Mitch
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock