Started on: 07-23-2006 10:07 PM
Replies: 206 (15656 views)
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 03-31-2014 10:09 PM
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome! cant wait to see more!!
IP: Logged
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
u own page 2 ;p
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today after an extensive cleaning cranked up the heater on the house, shut it down and painted in the basement... damn fumes still made its way into the house (wife was pissed) but I ended up with a nice looking cradle:

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 03-20-2009).]

Ian D

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ian DSend a Private Message to Ian DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is so cool you are able to do this engine swap yourself and involve your son in all the fun.

Ian
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fitting the trans to the cradle:

WBODY Store PEM's Finally Arrived!

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My son putting on the manifolds

WCF tranny bracket (fit pic)

My daughter playing with the rodney dickman dogbone

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Axle fun today!

wow, 30 second install on the dr side axle lol
pass side, a little fun. since I was doing all the dirty work, my helper was the camera man, the rag man, the go to guy.

heres me fooling with the axles... wtf I look drunk in the 2nd pic?

heres the parts all lined up ready to be put together.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Assembling the new axle:

Finished Product (except bands)

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GLOVES!! who uses GLOVES!!??

this is the only help i get!!

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

GLOVES!! who uses GLOVES!!??

this is the only help i get!!

rofl - I rarely use gloves, but axle greese.... requires gloves.
cat is adoreable!

anyway, son was sick tonight and told me to go ahead and do some work in the garage, got alot done:

Trans and cradle with neutral switch, dipstick tube on and torque converter bolts ready.

new pic shows coated crossover pipe, 60' intake tube, couplers, slp 85mm maf, ac lines I just got back today (hope I had them do them correctly, if they are backwards I guess ill have a nicely cooled radiator!) bunch of new sensors and crap also lol

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
oh, forgot the modified thermastat housing the machine shop guy did for me, its just sitting there right now, as I have to clean it up and paint it.
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW so whats your estimated HP?
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really have no clue bobadoo, but as miracles happen today I was able to get done work early (home by 7pm insted of 9) for the 2nd day in a row. after a 3-1/2 hour job with the little guy, we managed to mate the trans and the engine for the first time!

he has school and I have work but I couldnt have done it without him, little guy is tired but so excited.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2007 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updated pics, alot of little things done.

Puckhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2007 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckheadSend a Private Message to PuckheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow......looks fantastic......what year l67 is it??? the valve covers are different.....custom???

-T

keep feeding the info....

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2007 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Puckhead:

wow......looks fantastic......what year l67 is it??? the valve covers are different.....custom???

-T

keep feeding the info....

thank you, its a 97.
The guy doesnt have any of the valve covers for sale now, but heres an old ebay link that may or may not work for long:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...refitem=280039229765

Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a really pretty engine and cradle! I love those valve covers. Thats so cool your little dude is in on this! Itl be something he will never forget! Im 20, i still remember being in the garage working on small things with my dad when I was 3. Plus for you!

------------------

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update!
Thursday the exhaust parts from summit arrived!

after the machine shop guy came over this morning to take some measurements for the fabbed low alt bracket, my son and I moved the car into position to get hoisted. We jacked her up and started removing/moving things in the engine compartment and thinking up ideas

oh, did I mention it got upto 60" today? (been in the 30's.....) garage door open! ah fresh air!

Modifying an Air charcoal canister from a 3800n/a using parts from FieroFlyer

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since it was such a beautiful day out, my son played outside the entire day.... and daddy spent many hours cleaning the supercharger for painting, and then the fumes of painting.... lol - one time he is not allowed to help!
been waiting for a nice day out (60'F ish out today!) to paint the supercharger and a couple other items, paint is curing now so no sneak peaks until tomorrow!
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pulled supercharger off, marked the bolt locations.

Painting supercharger, thermastat housing, and some other misc stuff.

some pics, yes the engine dogbone bracket is broken.... thats one we're using to test sizing up of the fab low alt bracket.
also, supercharger is just sitting there unbolted down, waiting for some fasteners to "Sparkle" up the look.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New stainless steel bolts arrived today, son and I bolted down the supercharger and put on the block off plates we painted blue.

PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todays Plan: Put cradle in the car and test fit!
(my son = Master Cheese as he loves to show a big cheese smile for the camera)

Master Cheese Himself after several hours of preping we are about to start the installation.

Heres a shot we took of the rear suspended from the giant support beam after we removed the "Temp Cradle" that the jackstands held.

Master Cheese sitting in the trunk with a "OMG lets start it up now!.... look"

More pics....

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2007 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NOT Fair.

youre gonna have an engine swap done before i get my car back together!!

looks GREAT though! how old is Master Cheese?
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2007 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Master Cheese is 7 years old, he's full of energy......
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Decided that with 3" Exhaust, Hi-Flow Cat, Dump Pipe.... no way its going to fit w/o cutting the trunk..... after a tear rolled down my cheek I cut the trunk out:

Before:

After:

Chuck the Machine shop guy welding the cat onto the "U"

pic of the bottom of the exhaust

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Tacking the tips on:

Finishing the welds:

Final Result:

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More work today, on goes the exhaust, off it goes again, then out goes the cradle.... again. Pulled fuel tank and some other things while the car is suspended in the air by chains, and two 4x4's its resting on.

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great bonding with Master Cheese! Not all kids enjoy the same thing their Dad does. Real nice work on the car too!
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He has his moments when he gets bored and goes outside and then comes back. this weekend he was in pittsburgh with the wife and daughter, which made it excellent time to do things he shouldnt be around when being done, #1 exhaust welding(eye damage hazard), #2 pulling fuel tank(inhailing fumes)
the garage stinks of fuel right now, he'll be in some of the next pics, he cant wait to do some more work!
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heat Shield work!
heres the pieces I cut out before taking to get some bends made:

made these pieces to keep the hot air from the exhaust from making its way up and cracking the GT tail lights, bolted and hi-temp siliconed on.

this is the "trunk shield" that will be spaced off below the trunk and above the exhaust, I messed up my measurements and had to make a few home-made bends, used hi-temp silicone to seal the two pieces - the one is angled to allow the hot air to flow out underneath the bumper.

the firewall heat shield, a preliminary "Fit" before lunch.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
heres the aluminum littering the floor.....

PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My son has taken a small vacation, cutting metal, measuring, re-cutting, sanding, measuring, complicated and very boring parts of an important job, is seriously boring to him at 7 years old.

After cleaning up the garage mess I stake my work area in the driveway:

Heres the progress of my coil pack mount:

In goes the cradle.... AGAIN.... more fitting and measuring, you can see in a couple pics where the coil mount is, and where the computer will be mounted on the firewall heat shield.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have decided to hide my wiring harness behind my heat shield, so i'm sorry FieroFlyer your excellent wiring harness has gotten the cut and i'm lengthing things to make the engine bay look nicer

Heres a pic where im testing my ideas, measuring, and just sighing at the start of another time consuming idea.

heres the harness sitting on my dads work bench as I use the soldering gun.

more pics to come this weekend as I finish the harness up.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wiring harness = time consuming as heck
heres me in the living room doing wiring harness and watching TV

PRJ Fuel Rails finally installed after a month of having them:

Sneak peak into the Heat Shield:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Beautiful car.

I think it deserves some new shoes to go with it's makeover.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My plumbing mess 5 days ago.

Evap Canister from Grand Prix I modded to mount under the excess fuel tank:

Dont mind the messy Garage... heres the plumbing 95% done:

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Heres a view with the heat shield in place, w/o the mounts drilled for it yet:

Edit: theres alot of cleanup required, this isnt the finished product

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2007 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump, alot of house work being done to boost our resale value so we can afford to move closer to my work, thus not much has happened since my last post
RustyFormula

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2007 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RustyFormulaSend a Private Message to RustyFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back On Holiday

Good Job and nice write up. You have a + from me.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a few days off so here comes the pics... after many attempts to make a brake booster hard tube around the thermastat housing I got one to work, I grinded it down somewhat so it doesnt look like crap (brass piping from sears )
now that that is done the throttle body goes on, and things start to get back on track. months ago I had the machine shop guy re-do the location for the SC idler in the rear (on the old coil mount) as the belt going to it from the crank was hitting the 95 regal ac unit (im assuming its larger than later models, now it doesnt hit but required alot of work.
today, I also put together the new fuel pump, but the wire ends dont match the plug spot so i'll probably goto the gm dealership in the morning and get a plug and splice it into the existing wiring, then theres a few small things to do and then the cradle goes in and I start pluging things in. i'm hoping that I will have a "start up" video in the next few days, not driveable though.... one thing at a time

heat shield finished about 90 days ago, just forgot to post pic.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock