Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  IMSA Racecar resoration:The rebirth of the Seyfert/Buist Fiero (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
IMSA Racecar resoration:The rebirth of the Seyfert/Buist Fiero by Dave Deerson
Started on: 01-03-2009 03:11 PM
Replies: 97 (16325 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 12-02-2016 12:16 AM
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another year, another season. Where's the 2010 update?

Edit: woo, own a page

I was doing a random google search for 'imsa fiero' and what do I see but this:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/...iero-race-car-2.html
Come on, update your fellow fieroites

ps -

Originally posted by Dave Deerson:

The only one I can think of right now would be the car John Kerkoff owns.He had mentioned last year that he had no intentions of racing any more,so the car would be for sale.That car is a real Huffaker chassis(early production) that ran under the "Pickway Shoes" banner.I think one of the drivers was the TV star Lorenzo Lamas.

from //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/073905.html
(told you I was IMSA searching today )
Any more news on this car? If he ever wants to give it away for a song, let me know. I have a nice garage all set aside for it

[This message has been edited by kwagner (edited 12-28-2010).]

IP: Logged
Ruffy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This build gets an A++++++ from me! Very very nice build. A couple of questions for ya. (1) What was the total cost of the build when done? (2) Is there anything Fiero (stock) left lol?
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave,

I just found your thread. I am so glad to see a Fiero bodied car out on the track again. Road racing has always been my favorite type of motorsports. Unfortunatly, I live a long way from any tracks, so TV is my fix. Is there a site where I can see more pictures of your car in action? Great job on the restoration!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see the need to have this thread as, "favorites."

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I see the need to have this thread as, "favorites."

Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many, many pics to load up...............I'll get to work.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get it done!
And you should try and take the car to a race at Road America sometime so I can come and watch it pound out some laps !
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, awesome build. Just read the whole thread. I would like to have some high resolution pictures too please. I pmed you my email address . Thanks, Ben
PhantomMs1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhantomMs1Click Here to visit PhantomMs1's HomePageSend a Private Message to PhantomMs1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it's been quite a while since we have heard something on this. Is this car going to see any track days this year? If possible i think its time for a pictorial bump!!!!
MichRT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichRTSend a Private Message to MichRTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this thread, AWESOME! update, please?
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't posted in so long that I forgot how to attach pics to a post!! I promise that I will get to uploading some pics to photobucket for and update. Last season was fun and the car finally feels and runs how I intended it to. It was a lot of work, but some engine, transmission and suspension tweeks made all the difference.
Be back soon
Dave
PFF
System Bot
mcguiver3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave,
Don't know if you remember me but I am in Ct with CART.
I believe you sold your old #14 car to Dana a few years ago.
We meet at Pocono at one of our track days.
I drive #41 Fiero.
I just saw this thread and remember you talking about having talked to some of the
original designers of that car and having the original drawings to.
Is this correct?
I would appreciate some seeing some oics too.
Get cracking man..........................
We have 6 guys driving Fieros on a regular basis in the club.
Good to see someone activly campaining one to show the rest of the non-believers out there.

Thanks, Bob Doiron
President, CART
PhantomMs1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhantomMs1Click Here to visit PhantomMs1's HomePageSend a Private Message to PhantomMs1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any update for this season? pics are always a great way to show off what's happening this season
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found this thread after a few years and felt like it needed some closure. The car was sold August of 2014 ans is now terrorizing tracks near the Montana area!! I miss it time to time but the time had come to move on and let it go to start a new chapter with someone who will spend the time and effort to keep running and enjoying it. As my life got more full with two great sons, a loving,supportive wife,and a business, I felt I needed to dial back the intensity of my racing efforts. I just didn't have the time anymore needed to properly maintain the car. I have returned to where I started,Spec Miata racing, where I can still get to the track and enjoy the heat of battle,but the car just demands far less in terms of commitment to maintain.
It was a hell of a journey researching,engineering, building and then driving this beast. It was just a shame these cars( Original IMSA Fiero race cars) never got the proper reception they deserved. I learned much, met many great people and use the knowledge and experience gained from that car on the many projects since and in the future. I thank you for the genuine interest by many on this site and wish you all the best with the task of keeping interest the the Fiero in the years to come..............
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dave Deerson

123 posts
Member since Dec 2007
Here are some pics getting loaded up and heading out on down the road...................

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update. A fine looking race car it is. Hope the new owner has as much fun as you did. Can you sneak a pic of the Miata in here?
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2016 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go! 2002 NB Spec Miata. Maybe not as much power and handling, but just as much fum!! Really!!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Deerson:

Dave D.

I must have this in my life. I absolutely love the way this looks.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock