Started on: 02-17-2008 01:57 PM
Replies: 343 (31179 views)
Last post by: Sage on 10-05-2017 09:48 PM
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update?
IP: Logged
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about that.....Layed out the decal stencils for the rear logos and airbrushed them.

And when I removed the decal stencils.....

And with the window temporarily in place. Keep in mind that neither the car or the quarter windows have clearcoat on them yet. Compared to the original car

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, thats looking good!!!
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ooo
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any more progress?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^^
JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it!!!!!

More pics!!

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2009 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow....I wasn't even aware that this was bumped so many times. I just returned from a homeland security meeting in Arizona and had to finish painting another Harley for a friend of mine. Updates will be posted this week once I get back into the groove.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick update. Right now, all the clean up work and re-assembly is being done. I still have to spray the rear molding red, spray the door handles and side marker lights red, order the wheels and tires, and finish the rear vents. The car has an intercoat clearcoat just to protect the logos. I will spray the final Urethane clearcoat when I am happy with the re-assembly. I just finished spraying the crest on the sunroof. I was going to have it span past the sunroof and on to the roof but it just didn't look right. Here is how it looks as of right now.

More to come......
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks great!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

looks great!

Thank you

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-18-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since the real car just sold, it is time for an update of the replica....Here is the crest finished on the sunroof. I am just finishing the rear bumper so more updates soon.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I am in love!!!!!!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Man I am in love!!!!!!

Wait until this is done. This car is going to be one of the hottest Fieros out there
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This weekend, being a holiday on Monday, I should be done with all the paint except for the clear. I am ordering the clear from a different vendor.

Today, my beautiful gas filler showed up at the house compliments of member Ferrobi. It's just your regular old everyday filler from an F-16 fighter jet

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude.... that is SO sweet! Please say you are going on the GAS run next year. We could get some great pictures at the cookout at my house!
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hands down one of the coolest projects I have ever seen. Nice job so far, keep the updates coming!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

Hands down one of the coolest projects I have ever seen. Nice job so far, keep the updates coming!

Thank you. There is more to come. Right now I am just going over all of the airbrushed areas to make sure they look OK and tomorrow, I will be clear coating the front end and possible the door skins. I am still working on the rear bumper area to extend the lower right and left side panels as I posted earlier but that may, cross my fingers, be done late tonight.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT

10268 posts
Member since Aug 2007

Originally posted by R Runner:

Dude.... that is SO sweet! Please say you are going on the GAS run next year. We could get some great pictures at the cookout at my house!

Actually, I am probably going to trailer the car to your house and tow with either a truck or a motorhome. I am working out all the details on travel
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking absolutely awsome!!!!!

You wouldn't possibly be thinking of going to the dells run would you?...... (as long as people are asking )
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Looking absolutely awsome!!!!!

You wouldn't possibly be thinking of going to the dells run would you?...... (as long as people are asking )

When this car is done, I have a feeling that I wil HAVE to take it to most of the shows and runs Keep in mind, the brakes are apart and the vehicle is not smogged yet so I have some time before I can legally drive it.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love the opportunity to just bask in it's trailered glory if you brought it to the dells
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Actually, I am probably going to trailer the car to your house and tow with either a truck or a motorhome. I am working out all the details on travel

I had envisioned a "drive by" down our road. Both cars side by side at about 40 or 50 mph by the house (with someone videoing of course). It looks like the GAS tour is going to be well supported. Anyway, keep up the good work and keep us posted on each little (and big) improvement!

Again, very cool build.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:
I had envisioned a "drive by" down our road. Both cars side by side at about 40 or 50 mph by the house (with someone videoing of course). It looks like the GAS tour is going to be well supported. Anyway, keep up the good work and keep us posted on each little (and big) improvement!

Again, very cool build.

We may be able to do that. On another note, I am in communication with Barrett Jackson to find out where the Goodwrench car ended up. No one has mentioned anything on this forum other than the convertable so I figured I would see if I can pull some strings. Here is the car lined up for the auction.

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome build - are you going to use the fuel filler on this?

------------------

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually am saving the filler for my next build. The only reason is that the body is permanently mounted right now and painted so I can't relocate the filler nozzle again. On my next build, the gas cap will definately be used
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT

10268 posts
Member since Aug 2007
On another note, here are a few teasers from earlier today. I am letting this coat dry, sanding, and doing the urethane clear later on tonight.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoa!!
HC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a really cool picture at the auction, did you take it?

The bumper looks like its coming along very nicely!
FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now if you just had the NOS set of centerlines (in my garage) on your car, you'd be spot on.

dk
PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I actually am saving the filler for my next build. The only reason is that the body is permanently mounted right now and painted so I can't relocate the filler nozzle again. On my next build, the gas cap will definately be used

Did you say next build??? Man I thought I was a glutton for punishment, thank you sir, may I have another!!!

your project is coming along nicely, I cant wait to see the final results.

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most. Joe
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HC:

Thats a really cool picture at the auction, did you take it?

The bumper looks like its coming along very nicely!

I didn't take the photo I just happened to come across it. I'm still in contact with Barrett Jackson regarding the cars new owner.

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

Now if you just had the NOS set of centerlines (in my garage) on your car, you'd be spot on.

dk

That is my final purchase...wheels. I have to figure out which type of tires I want on the car. This will determine the wheel type. I really want to go the Goodyear racing tires that are not street legal.

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Did you say next build??? Man I thought I was a glutton for punishment, thank you sir, may I have another!!!

your project is coming along nicely, I cant wait to see the final results.

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most. Joe

It is coming along but you cannot rush paint It really is going to look beautiful once I am done....and yes, I am planning my next build. I am trying to figure out if I am going to do a replica or a notchback widebody.Actually, what I meant to say is a notchback with a fastback clip and a widebody kit but retain the notchback tail lights and recess them like the PPG pace car.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT

10268 posts
Member since Aug 2007
Today I received a set of used tail light lenses from one of the members. I had a brand new set originally and sold them because I wanted to do something custom and didn't want to cut up a new set. The tail lights that came today have heavy delamination so I decided to help the process a little

I then removed a square piece from the rear of the light and sanded any excess black filler plastic. I then layed out my decals to check for fit before I paint these like I did in my GT taillight restoration thread. These may look a little different but they should be awesome when completed. And yes, I notched the lower portion of the "O" to match the stock look after I took the photo

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cliff, I vote that this thread be moved to TCZ immediately!!
This is waaaay too good to sit here in the lowly GFC... (it's lowly now that we have a place to build & play... )

Excellent work; I love what you're doing with the tail lights! Keep those pics coming!
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ready for paint tomorrow.....and yes...I will cut the notch in the "O" before I paint.

This is the calm before the storm. I just hope I have enough space on my photo hosting site for what I have in store

troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ready for paint tomorrow.....and yes...I will cut the notch in the "O" before I paint.

This is the calm before the storm. I just hope I have enough space on my photo hosting site for what I have in store

Just drop that in the mail to NEW YORK, that would look awesome with the LED setup I'm doing. Keep up the great work, your car is looking great!!!!! But seriously when are you shipping out my set?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Just drop that in the mail to NEW YORK, that would look awesome with the LED setup I'm doing. Keep up the great work, your car is looking great!!!!! But seriously when are you shipping out my set?

Just send me a set and I'll do them for you The toughest part of this project was "forcing" the delamination without cracking the outer clear lense.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's looking gorgeous so far. If you really are strapped for space, I have a server I use for damn near nothing these days. I've got no problem with hosting a bunch of images for this beauty.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock