Started on: 02-16-2007 07:42 PM
Replies: 72 (6334 views)
Last post by: labbe001 on 06-18-2009 09:08 AM
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

awesome progress!!

i too vote warber hood.

i mustve missed it... whered you get the bumper?

Thanks. The rear fascia is from Germany.

As far as general progress goes, there hasn't been any. I need to get my car shipped here so I can start working on it again. I'm set on the Targa now and pretty sure I want to go with an extended windshield and a possible .75" cut to the rear roof for more of a teardrop look. But yeah, need to get the car here first. Hopefully I'll have that done within the next couple of weeks. Some Fiero mod-funds are going to be diverted to my new daily driver though. It's fun too.

IP: Logged
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is really ridiculous I haven't had this shipped down yet. Any recomendations on shipping companies? Thanks.
slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you trying to ship the car ? if so alot of my family ship cars as a side job i was just talking about it with a cupple of them today, if that is the case i could talk to them and see where they are going next and i can get you a quote.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do. If you could get me a quote that would be great.

I've received other quotes just haven't followed through yet being I'm not sure who to go with.
slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sent ya a pm
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to add to favorites
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2008 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hurry up and finish your "Supercar"!
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump so this doesn't get archived...

I haven't made any progress as the car is still 1600 miles away. I'll be PCSing to Minot, ND at the end of Sept and then working on getting all of my cars there. Then I can get back to work on the Fiero along with my V, Talon and possibly my Corvair as well. For those that are interested, I have build threads for the
97 Talon TSi AWD: http://realfierotech.com/ph...iewtopic.php?t=12385
04 CTS-V: http://realfierotech.com/ph...viewtopic.php?t=7028

[This message has been edited by Unsafe At Any Speed (edited 09-10-2008).]

Kyle1016

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates or new pictures?
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. Hopefully this winter. I'm actually PCSing to FE Warren AFB in Cheyenne, WY now instead. Looking forward to getting back to working on it.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was also wondering about this project.
PFF
System Bot
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like I'll actually have the car back to me within the next month or so. I've been thinking about maybe picking up a blown engine 88 with minimal rust. Being that I plan to replace the engine, interior, suspension, body etc. would this be a good idea? Are 88s that much better suspensionwise? What about upgradability? I know stock for stock the '88 is better, but what about aftermarket?

Sell me one way or the other. Pick up an '88, strip it down and swap everything over or keep going on the current car? While it does have sentimental value, it would still be basically the same car.

Also, I guess if the other car had a running engine (Duke or whatever) I could start selling the performance parts off of my 2.8.

Any ideas?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
who did you get the 355 front from and the tasil lights i ask because im doing somthing simmaler to mine.
LookingForAFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LookingForAFieroSend a Private Message to LookingForAFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stick with what you have got.

1) You have plenty of irons in the fire (Talon, CTS-V, Fiero, etc)
2) Your Fiero is so close to a finished product.... stay the course! Get your few things done that are lingering and then get a paint job.
3) I got bored of Mustangs because of all the "cookie cutter" solutions. I really like the idea of doing custom mods to an already rare / odd-ball car. Hence the reason I just bought an 86 GT.

Stay focused otherwise you will get spread too thin and you will lose the motivation to finish any of the projects. Look at all the people on here that are excited to see the finished product.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

------------------
86 GT in route - Questions to come

"Don't even consider keeping up with the Joneses!! They're broke!" - Dave Ramsey

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LookingForAFiero:

2) Your Fiero is so close to a finished product.... stay the course! Get your few things done that are lingering and then get a paint job.
3) I got bored of Mustangs because of all the "cookie cutter" solutions. I really like the idea of doing custom mods to an already rare / odd-ball car. Hence the reason I just bought an 86 GT.

Stay focused otherwise you will get spread too thin and you will lose the motivation to finish any of the projects. Look at all the people on here that are excited to see the finished product.

ya take a look at me iv got 3 cars 1 runs perfect 1 runs like sh** and the fiero well i dont drive it often enough to know how it runs but iv wraped my self up in to many projects and its a pain in the a** id stick with your fiero
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LookingForAFiero:

It really wouldn't be a new project. I would just transfer over the body panels to the '88 frame. A suspension upgrade so-to-speak.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's finally in my garage. That's a start. Damn the Fiero makes the V look huge. Or the other way around, I'm not sure. But yeah, not sure where to start. The brakes need to be bleed really bad. Stopping sucked on the way from storage to here. Where to begin...

[This message has been edited by Unsafe At Any Speed (edited 12-10-2008).]

86stealthfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86stealthfieroSend a Private Message to 86stealthfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

Last school year I didn't really make much progress. Same goes for this last summer. Again, there were alot of issues which kept me from the car. Not to mention, I'm only in college and barely make any money and have bills to pay. But I did begin my trim/door handles delete. I mounted solenoids and door poppers in the door and door frame, respectively. They work, but they're not hooked up to my new alarm yet (pager, remote start, window roll down, yadda yadda). Not really wanting my first fiberglass project to be on a piece as big and crucial as the doors, I bought a pair of the fiberglass door skins that Driven Visions sells.

The wing has also since been removed since that picture. A few more exterior mods to go, and it should be ready for paint. I have one of the 360 style rear fascias with diffuser sitting in my storage garage ready to go on either this Spring Break or summer.

I also just bought Chris/Oslo's mustang style decklid vent off of his silver car. It's actually sitting right here next to me on the floor.

I need to put those two pieces on, the rest of the trim needs to get taken care of, I need to decide on rockers and a hood vent, and a few other minor things need to be take care of before it's ready for paint.

i spy a vector oh i love these i like the diffuser
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2008 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think I've ever had any pictures with the rear fascia, tails and decklid vent all on. So here ya go...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

And of the front:
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2008 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool ! What color will it be painted?
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Cool ! What color will it be painted?

Yellow. Not sure which one yet though.
PFF
System Bot
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump (with pictures) to keep this out of the archives.

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool!!

Is that a TSI AWD?? About ten years ago I had a 96 Talon. I loved that car, at the time I liked the taillights much better then the Eclipse.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 02-14-2009).]

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Cool!!

Is that a TSI AWD?? About ten years ago I have a 96 Talon. I loved that car, at the time I liked the taillights much better then the Eclipse.

That it is. '97.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

Does anyone else notice the taillights look off-kilter? Is it just the camera angle?
Otherwise, it's looking good!
-Paul

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that rear bumper! Where can I get one?
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Does anyone else notice the taillights look off-kilter? Is it just the camera angle?
Otherwise, it's looking good!
-Paul

I think it's because it's not a flat panel so the angle makes it look that way.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unsafe At Any Speed

2299 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by RumbleB:

I like that rear bumper! Where can I get one?

It's from Germany. I don't think you can order one anymore. There might be a couple other people with it here stateside. Also, I think there are other people working on having similar made.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unsafe At Any Speed

2299 posts
Member since Feb 2003
A really ghetto mock-up:

Also, you can see the flaw in the middle of the piece in this pic:
The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2009 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great build thread! You are sticking to the course.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2009 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I know progress has been slow, but I'm trying to keep it up. I think I've decided to get all my brakes/suspension squared away along with the body mods before engine swap time. I want to be able to safely use the power once I get it. Not to mention, that will probably be the most expensive part.
PFF
System Bot
iblade421

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iblade421Send a Private Message to iblade421Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where do you get those tail lights?
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iblade421:

where do you get those tail lights?

i found mine used on ebay. they are old vette lights. if i remember correctly 80-82 vettes have them. i have that same setup on one of my cars. got the panel from kahines and lights from ebay, used.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock