Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  A history of Skitimes car (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A history of Skitimes car by skitime
Started on: 02-04-2003 09:34 PM
Replies: 717 (103846 views)
Last post by: litespd on 07-05-2023 12:54 PM
eljibaro127

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eljibaro127Send a Private Message to eljibaro127Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keeping this thread alive
IP: Logged
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 month bump, 4 years after I last posted in it.

------------------
~Michael
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!!

Help me choose my next project... Aero Notch vs. Late Coupe?

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is doing well and ready for the Fiero weekend at Daytona next week. I've been methodically bringing it into the 21st century with nicer interior, improved audio and most importantly, modern engine electronics. It's still a bit of a time capsule, but eventually it will get a complete makeover.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 03-15-2013).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Robert, is this the longest you've had a Fiero without painting it???

Joe
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Robert, is this the longest you've had a Fiero without painting it???

Joe

Joe, it's probably the first Fiero I've owned that didn't NEED a paint job. Actually, the chin spoiler is off being resurfaced and painted as I type. Another thing I'm finally getting around to is replacing the alternator bracket and dogbone mount you welded up for me back in 2011. The belt alignment was just never the same after the spot repair. Getting it ready for the 30th so it's got to be right.

Cancer Researcher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cancer ResearcherSend a Private Message to Cancer ResearcherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really need to buy this car!
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Getting it ready for the 30th so it's got to be right.

Glad to hear you will be coming to the 30th. I'm really looking forward to getting to see this ride in person!!
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Removed the engine viewing glass and re-seated it with a fresh seal. Now it's off to the 30th in the morning. See you guys in a few days.

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Removed the engine viewing glass and re-seated it with a fresh seal. Now it's off to the 30th in the morning. See you guys in a few days.

Did you officially change your cars "Name" yet?
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the good news is the car drew a significant award at the 30th this past weekend. However, the 2200 mile round trip was not entirely without incident. While driving along at around 55 mph I heard a "thunk" as though I'd run over something. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw something like a small piece of round steel tubing go tumbling off into the weeds alongside the highway. About 30 seconds later a horrible grinding noise started up, forcing me to make a panic stop to see what damage was done. Turns out that the lower caliper bolt on the left front had backed out entirely. The wife and I walked back (in the rain) over a mile, scouring the area I believed to be where it went sailing off into the grass. We couldn't find it, so I had to get resourceful. There was a road crew working on power lines nearby, so I went and asked the foreman if he had a bucket of nuts and bolts. One of the trucks was pretty well equipped with fastners of various sizes, so I snatched up a handful and went back to the car to see If at least one of them would thread in enough to get me to someplace where I could work on it. Below is a picture my wife snapped while I was "cobbling" it back together.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 07-03-2013).]

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, the good news is the car drew a significant award at the 30th this past weekend. However, the 2200 mile round trip was not entirely without incident. While driving along at around 55 mph I heard a "thunk" as though I'd run over something. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw something like a small piece of round steel tubing go tumbling off into the weeds alongside the highway. About 30 seconds later a horrible grinding noise started up, forcing me to make a panic stop to see what damage was done. Turns out that the lower caliper bolt on the left front had backed out entirely. The wife and I walked back (in the rain) over a mile, scouring the area I believed to be where it went sailing off into the grass. We couldn't find it, so I had to get resourceful. There was a road crew working on power lines nearby, so I went and asked the foreman if he had a bucket of nuts and bolts. One of the trucks was pretty well equipped with fastners of various sizes, so I snatched up a handful and went back to the car to see If at least one of them would thread in enough to get me to someplace where I could work on it. Below is a picture my wife snapped while I was "cobbling" it back together.

That's sad to hear...

My "all original" 88GT had a dab of blue lock-tite when I took the calipers off. I'm not
sure if it came like that from the factory, but somebody did. Its a good idea to apply some
on. When I bought the car, it was stored since 1994 but I suspect the pads were replaced
at some point before that. (because they looked recent) Maybe the calipers were never taken
off because you can change the pads with taking the caliper off the knuckle.

Be sure to torque them to 74 ft/lbs on installation. Yes, this is critical...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

PFF
System Bot
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, the good news is the car drew a significant award at the 30th this past weekend. However, the 2200 mile round trip was not entirely without incident. While driving along at around 55 mph I heard a "thunk" as though I'd run over something. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw something like a small piece of round steel tubing go tumbling off into the weeds alongside the highway.

Sorry to hear about the trouble but what award did it win?

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave,

There were five awards given out in level 3 modified class. I was one of them out of a field of over 20 awesome Fiero's. The competition was pretty stiff as you can probably imagine.

Robert
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Robert... car looked great, and good meeting you at the 30th.

Me and the Texas guys also logged 2200 miles... we did some detours on the way up and back like Branson and Bowling Green... long trip, and glad you guys made it back safely with only one incident.

In KY, One of our number nailed a semi tire retread that was in the middle of the freeway... he was set to miss it, but a minivan hit it and flung it right into him... wiped out nose, rocker, and possibly more as he quickly developed tranny issues. One of yours... 455 Tracy stopped to render aid. You guys in FL are all right in my book.

(sez the guy in mohawk and ? for a goatee)
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow what an inspiring thread, love the attention to detail. This is what OEM+ is all about
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For all visitors who are new to the Fiero, and interested in tasteful modification, start by looking at this car.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 03-21-2014).]

Metalflake

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetalflakeSend a Private Message to MetalflakeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so I just blew an afternoon reading this entire thread. I just have to say that this has to be one of the nicest builds & customizations I've seen - bravo to Skitime for a job unbelieveably well done. Can't say as all the mods are to my own tastes, but they are ALL artfully done and perfectly finished. I especially like the engine compartment window & lights, and the vent on the rear deck - so sweet! Very inspiring. I also think the car looks fantastic lowered...keep up the great work.
Pooslinger900

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pooslinger900Send a Private Message to Pooslinger900Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been stalking PFF for the past 5 years now and sadly have never read this whole thread until now. Skitime, you have done AMAZING things. And RPRO your touches have placed the perfection bar higher. Since my formula has gone away I've wanted nothing more than an 88 T-top. Now i REALLY want one. (just with a G1) dash
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car for sale in Mall, check it out all who would give this car a good home. For $15,000 its one hell of a bargan! Too bad I'm so poor.
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is by baby doing RPRO? How about some new pics?
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here ya go, from this past weekend (03/28/15)

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 03-30-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still remember seeing this car and meeting Skitime at a MAFOA club meeting. Still a great car.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats up with the Skitime GT???
DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2016 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't matter how much time passes, it's always lovely to reread this thread. Such inspiration!

------------------
1986 Fiero.. WorkInProgress.. :

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2016 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here what his inspiration made me do to my car last year. But my version turned to the dark side.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2017 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work!
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Very nice work!

Thanks, it was something I enjoyed quite a bit. I now have bought a spare hood that I plan on installing a vent in.
Another project I would like to do in install a 3.6 GM motor, but very hesitant to try something I don't think has been done yet.
Thanks again for the inspiration.

------------------
∇PONTIAC∇
“The difference between a Fiero owner
and genius is that genius has its limits.”

DR650SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2017 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DR650SEClick Here to visit DR650SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to DR650SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, after all these years this car still gets me wanting to get back in. Family took over and my Fiero projects never were completed. And they've been sitting in a barn in New Mexico for over a decade :-(

------------------
AIM: DR650SE
86 SE V6 4SPD

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2017 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a friendly bump!

Also, I want to mention to those who don't know.....I purchased the "skitime" GT from "rpro" last week and it now resides back in the great state of Colorado. It needs some minor freshening up before I drive it/show it, (tires, minor cosmetics, etc), but rest assured....it *will* be driven and driven with gusto!

I plan on attending the Heartland Fiero show in Iowa later this year....maybe Fierorama too. It will definitely attend the 35th show next summer, so see you all there!

Here's a shot of it in my garage next to me stock red '88 GT:

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2017 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Just a friendly bump!

Also, I want to mention to those who don't know.....I purchased the "skitime" GT from "rpro" last week and it now resides back in the great state of Colorado. It needs some minor freshening up before I drive it/show it, (tires, minor cosmetics, etc), but rest assured....it *will* be driven and driven with gusto!

I plan on attending the Heartland Fiero show in Iowa later this year....maybe Fierorama too. It will definitely attend the 35th show next summer, so see you all there!

Here's a shot of it in my garage next to me stock red '88 GT:

Hey, I plan to be in Colorado this summer. If it works out I would love to see my baby again. What part of Colorado?

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2017 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, I plan to be in Colorado this summer. If it works out I would love to see my baby again. What part of Colorado?

I'm a few miles north of downtown Denver....right on the border of Denver & Thornton. I travel a lot for work, so I'm not home much. Give me as much lead time as you can as far as when you'll be in town and I'll do my best to be here.
PFF
System Bot
freedom0226

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2018 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just went over this whole thread while drooooooling.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2018 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember Dave Horst, the builder of this Fiero coming to Carlsile in the 90's and it was an impressive creation. Dave is an excellent craftsman and put some unique touches on this car. Daves work was all first class and this Fiero was one of the first to have a full size 3800SC intercooler. While some features of this car like the early prom based PCM should be updated it is still without a doubt, a beautiful custom car now on its third or forth owner. After putting 100's of hour of labor into this car, I have no idea why Dave decided to sell it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey how is my Fiero doing these days??
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2022 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr.Fiero still the owner ?
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2022 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2022 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would love to hear what's happening with my baby!

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2023 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would love to hear what's happening with my baby!

Dave, Mike Valentine still owns the car, and last I knew, he was planning on driving it from Colorado to the 40th Anniversary show in Pontiac, MI next week.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock