Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Starting NEW Body Kit from scratch (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Starting NEW Body Kit from scratch by Mailmule
Started on: 09-21-2008 10:37 AM
Replies: 135 (16881 views)
Last post by: jaredmurray88 on 08-12-2011 06:34 PM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Galliero:

i'll be watching this thread i'm in the middle of my own body kit build based on the lambo gallardo check out my thread "been living in a cave" it has a link to my youtube video . i'm starting fiberglass this spring. i'm building my kit out of cardboard you should try it its easy to work with.

Why go through all that trouble? We already built the Gallardo kit. We call it the Lizardo...
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072666.html Half way down the page.

The car is making it's debut appearance at Daytona this month.

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

IP: Logged
Eclipse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is great. I've been thinking of trying to lay up a body at some point. Keep up the great work!

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Lizardo isn't bad, I just think the proportions could have turned out better. Hopefully a second version of the Lizardo will remedy that.
sprage60

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sprage60Send a Private Message to sprage60Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump!
i love this thread keep up the good wrk!!
hatchetrider84

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hatchetrider84Click Here to visit hatchetrider84's HomePageSend a Private Message to hatchetrider84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome work!!!! i love the wide body look
hksteck84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2010 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hksteck84Send a Private Message to hksteck84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a sexy hood. let me know when your car is done i wanna make love to it. lol
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any new updates?
fiero-iwan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero-iwanSend a Private Message to fiero-iwanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for an update. Owsome tthread!
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First time I've seen this thread. Must say, I really am liking the work you're doing to it.
I don't understand why people gave you so much grief on the hood, though. I think it looks awesome. What's the difference whether it has a hood scoop or left stock? It doesn't hurt the car at all and looks 100 times better than a stock hood. How can't you win in this situation.
Keep up the good work and can't wait to see some more updates!
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Please don't take my suggestions wrong either as I am trying to save you some grief. The overall concept isn't bad. The execution will kill you though.
The scoop has potential to be functional with a few well placed vents..

Looks like a Bricklin. not saying that's a bad thing but thats what I thought of
http://www.wired.com/images.../10/bricklin_2_2.jpg
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates..??
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mule you still out there ??
Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Form versus function whatever, I think the hood looks brilliant - I definitely like it raised like that. Cosmetics versus functionality is just as much preference as SBC versus 3800SC, blower versus turbo, t-tops versus sunroof, et cetera. Wallet thickness might also play a role, but I'm a skeptic. Either way, it's cool that you went with what you wanted and not submitting to peer pressure, and the end result definitely deserves applause.

However, I cannot argue the vents at the base of the scoop to give it some functionality; they add more to the coolness factor.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you drive a few screws through your hood scoop you may help eliminate any cracking problem. If the scoop is secured less change of movement. But Ausfiero is right you want to minimize the use as much as possible of bondo and form the glass the best you can. Great work but as you must use bondo use one with reinforced fiberglass as much as you can. It is hard to sand but so much stronger. Use regular bondo for only smoothing things out. My body kit is very strong i recommend making points out of fiberglass where you fix to the car with screws don't just glass to the poly euro thane as when it gets thin on the join it will crack with movement. No matter how much care you take you will likely have a few parts you will need to repair and strengthen i hope you can minimize this now.

All things said be very proud of the work you have done i am sure it will look excellent when you have finished.
Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2011 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I loveeee the low rider look!!! nice wheels!!

3800 SUPER CHARGED LOW RIDER TTOPS COMING SOON
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock