Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" by Fierotaz
Started on: 08-01-2007 03:12 AM
Replies: 423 (34951 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 06-29-2017 03:30 PM
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is not really a build thread as the car was built by GTX, who did a very nice job. I bought the car from Archie after it sat at his garage for a couple of years. The car had an LT1/LT4 and a 5speed tranny. The body mods include custom extractor hood and matching side vents(GTX), a nice chin spoiler and a 3" Archie chop top. Since the car left GTX it has recieved a 6speed tranny, Suicide doors( //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/080749.html ), big brakes, lowering spindles in front and coil overs in the back. You can see more pictures here http://azgodfather.smugmug....y/2593405#164416738. I started this thread to chronicle the additional changes I have in store...
Leroy

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

You know, I have a suggestion for an improvement.

How about a WideBody with some big wheels on it?

Archie

Philphine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i like it. looks like something mothers wouldn't want their children to get too close to.

"move away from that timmy, i think it might bite."

[This message has been edited by Philphine (edited 08-01-2007).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you know... paint scheme in black and white similar to whats already on there would look really sharp

------------------

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it looks great, leave it alone,

that being said, maybe paint it ford snow white.

matthew
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

You know, I have a suggestion for an improvement.

How about a WideBody with some big wheels on it?

Archie

It was already a sweet looking car, but a widebody and bigger wheels, puts it right over the top!!

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words, I can hardly wait for Fierorama!

Archie,
Thanks for the pic's, it looks freakin' sweet.
jstntlvr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstntlvrClick Here to visit jstntlvr's HomePageSend a Private Message to jstntlvrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wouldn't the wide body interfere with the suicide doors
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstntlvr:
wouldn't the wide body interfere with the suicide doors

We thought it would so Archie came up with a modification to address the problem, but when they fit it to the car the doors cleared. I believe there may have been a change to the hinge. Archie?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We thought it would so Archie came up with a modification to address the problem, but when they fit it to the car the doors cleared. I believe there may have been a change to the hinge. Archie?

NOPE, no hinge modifications were needed.

Check this out.........

Going into this I was positive that the door was going to hit the body work of the WideBody.

Here are a sequence of pics I took before we made a decision to go ahead......

Now here's a pic looking straight down on our donor car. In this pic only the wodebody rockerpanel is on the car (white area). We asked "how can that door panel NOT hit the widebody bodywork?"

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-01-2007).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NOPE, no hinge modifications were needed.

Now here's a pic looking straight down on our donor car. In this pic only the wodebody rockerpanel is on the car (white area). We asked "how can that door panel NOT hit the widebody bodywork?"

Okay, inquiring minds want to know... How in the world did the widebody not get in the way?
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are pics I tok this AM of the door swinging on the right side of the car with the WideBody parts on the car.

How the heck did that happen witout modding the hinges? I gotta give Rob all the credit for the idea that made it happen.

Rob's the one on the Left.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-01-2007).]

Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I have found out why I don't like most chops.

Typically speaking, looking at a chop Fiero it gives a sleeker look from the roof, to the bottom of the windsheld, and side windows.

It makes the car look crushed, because everything else below that, is still stock proportionate.

With that widebody though, it makes the car really squat, widen out and finally look proportionate to the rest of the body.
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was messing around in paint with this car. I am in now way a photo chop expert, but seeing this car gave me an idea. What would it look like with the wide body fast back elements, but take away the Fastback roof line.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

It gives the car a very long deck. I kind of like it, but it also kind of reminds me of a pick up truck.

If anyone wants to do a better job in photoshop, have at it. As my picture was trying to give me what I saw in my minds eye.
Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

I was messing around in paint with this car. I am in now way a photo chop expert, but seeing this car gave me an idea. What would it look like with the wide body fast back elements, but take away the Fastback roof line.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

It gives the car a very long deck. I kind of like it, but it also kind of reminds me of a pick up truck.

If anyone wants to do a better job in photoshop, have at it. As my picture was trying to give me what I saw in my minds eye.

I would just add a custom notchie clip possibly smoothed out along the lines of the widebody, I like where it's going.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Taz,

Awesome decision ! The days of the non-widebody chop may be over !

Don't know how anybody could look at this and not just drool all over themselves,..WOW !

Do you plan to have archie add a widebody to the front ??

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-01-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Do you plan to have archie add a widebody to the front ??

Yes, Yes I do. That should start as soon as the kit is installed.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

theres a rough idea of a paint scheme in black and white that I think would be sharp

------------------

PhantomMs1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhantomMs1Click Here to visit PhantomMs1's HomePageSend a Private Message to PhantomMs1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ooo I like that!
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That two tone is so mean.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I noticed that on Madcurl's car (#20) he had Archie move the rear fastback pillars inward to create more of a hip effect, and it looked really good.

I thought this might be necessary on the kit to make it look good also but Looking at your car it really looks sharp to me as it is.

Absolutely love it.
PFF
System Bot
jstntlvr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstntlvrClick Here to visit jstntlvr's HomePageSend a Private Message to jstntlvrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How the heck did that happen witout modding the hinges? I gotta give Rob all the credit for the idea that made it happen.

Im thinking you made the panel concave on on that inside edge
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

theres a rough idea of a paint scheme in black and white that I think would be sharp

Yes that is sharp alright! Would you (or somebody) care to try other colors besides white? I am particularly curious how black-n-tan rottweiler colors would look.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could try a tan colour...

------------------

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003
This ones for cheevers

its alright I guess....

but if I were to do something like that, I might as well just make it designer

------------------

sofakingluckie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sofakingluckieClick Here to visit sofakingluckie's HomePageSend a Private Message to sofakingluckieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it, I cant wait to see it dad, and drive it.

Man that thing is bad.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've mocked up a little wide body thing for the front.

It widens the width of th car at the centerline of the wheel by about 3/4" per side.

What do you think?

We added a little black tape to see what it would look like opened up into a vent.

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We've mocked up a little wide body thing for the front.

It widens the width of th car at the centerline of the wheel by about 3/4" per side.

What do you think?

We added a little black tape to see what it would look like opened up into a vent.

Archie

Wow this car is fanTAZtic !!!!!
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
woah, that front new fender flows with the body kit a lot better than the stock. thumbs up!
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh.. You are soooo mean...

Chuck
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MotorTV:

Oh.. You are soooo mean...

Chuck

I'll assume that you plan on sanding & painting fast.

A
PFF
System Bot
dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well...from day 1...I just couldn't get used to the look of the chop top.
Madcurls car made it start to grow on me a little.
This one...in the 2 tone...definitely does it for me.If this car ends up a solid color...I don't think I'll like it nearly as much...although I'm sure it will still be sweet.

A small suggestion...how about moving the wing back about 3"?
I think that would really improve the overall flow of the back end.

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

[This message has been edited by dcfox (edited 08-03-2007).]

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bring the wing back a little bit and make it white. I don't have PS anymore or i'd do it.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Bring the wing back a little bit and make it white. I don't have PS anymore or i'd do it.

I am not sure if I want to bring the wing back or remove it in favor of the bow tie wing.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Make something from your imagination; something unique & something nobody has. Anything is possible; ideas can be a reality, and Archie and the Crew can make your Dreams into a reality."

Hey Leroy; aren't you glad you didn't settle. Those phone calls did pay-off in the long run, hee, hee. Congradualation on being the first to have the kit installed on a choptop, front fender flares, and the first using suicide doors.

Edit: Thanks for raising the "bar" of excellence.

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it never is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality and Archie and the Crew and make your Dreams into a reality."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-04-2007).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not sure if I want to bring the wing back or remove it in favor of the bow tie wing.

I vote for a raised and moved back wing. You won't regret it. The rear visibility is bad enough, a bow tie wing is going to make it worse.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
I vote for a raised and moved back wing. You won't regret it. The rear visibility is bad enough, a bow tie wing is going to make it worse.

Not if I install a camara with an lcd screen to keep tabs on traffic behind me.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not if I install a camara with an lcd screen to keep tabs on traffic behind me.

That would certainly help, but I have yet to see a video screen with the clarity of a window. Not to mention that the screen is 2D and you can't easily judge distance. I'm paranoid about not being seen in the Fiero, I don't want to compound that with not being able to see.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 42693036901Send a Private Message to 42693036901Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does This GTX You refer to have a web site? I have to get my hands on that body kit!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 42693036901:

Does This GTX You refer to have a web site? I have to get my hands on that body kit!!

GTX is just the original owner.

He paid v-8 Archie to chop the car. Archie also built and sells the body kit that you see.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock