Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Revitalization of Chop Top #13 FKA "Blackdeath" by Fierotaz
Started on: 08-01-2007 03:12 AM
Replies: 423 (34953 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 06-29-2017 03:30 PM
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We start P.9 with the LOL

Originally posted by Fierotaz: So is an Armadillo! See the crack over the cat's head? That is what an Armadillo did doing about 75 on a Kansas Turnpike.

That's an interesting animal - closest I've seen to a Transformer

Sorry for the spoiler but I doubt this armor helped the poor thing at 75 Mph
Around here we have Raccoons and DEERS !!! Most likely the last thing you'll ever see driving in a Fiero over 50Kmh...

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 05-26-2008).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bore very easily; please continue to entertain me with pictures and whimsical dialog
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Leroy!
Anything new these days with your ride??
Can you wet our taste buds with some current pics?
Will you be in paint for the 25th???

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Leroy, are you on target? Driving it or trailering it?
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well as you know things did not go well and I did not make the 25th
I will be doing some detail work in the engine compartment and under the car before I go into paint.
I haven't done much due to being depressed/pissed about missing the 25th, but I am over that now and moving on.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:
i like it. looks like something mothers wouldn't want their children to get too close to.

"move away from that timmy, i think it might bite."

Ok, heres my 2 cents worth. I totaly love the chop top - widebody look. Its completely custom and unique but. I am an old school hot rodder and I think the chop top with stock body width is my favorite. There is something about this car that says "back the F*** Off". IMO. Pat
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Well as you know things did not go well and I did not make the 25th
I will be doing some detail work in the engine compartment and under the car before I go into paint.
I haven't done much due to being depressed/pissed about missing the 25th, but I am over that now and moving on.

Are you coming to the CTHC III?
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Are you coming to the CTHC III?

Unfortunaltly It does not look like I can make it this year. You guys have fun!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunaltly It does not look like I can make it this year. You guys have fun!

I sure wanted to see those morbidly fat rollers.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I sure wanted to see those morbidly fat rollers.

I will see if I can go out and get a nice burnout picture to post
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I found a place to do some nice burnout pictures, I just need to get a photographer/videographer to shoot it.

Went to a local car show last night and got a lot of people asking about the car, spent about 3 hours talking to people about the car and the wheels...it was a fun night!
PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Leroy, I found that billet stock we were talking about. I'll get it out to you asap. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:
Hey Leroy, I found that billet stock we were talking about. I'll get it out to you asap. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Great news, Thanks!
I have an idea, hope it looks as good on the car as it does in my head
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple of pictures from my meeting with Curley...

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHOA!!

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bitchin..........
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2008 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A whole lotta beef at Outbacks;

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2008 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Road trip! Leaving a little later then expected but I am on the way....
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Road trip! Leaving a little later then expected but I am on the way....

Got a call today that the link up has occurred !

Expect pictures.

OxygenMask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OxygenMaskSend a Private Message to OxygenMaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My two favorite Fieros side by side... Can't wait to see paint on the Arch Rival. The HRE's make the car(s).

PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately I ran into some technical difficulties with a throttle cable so my car did not make it to Vegas
I ended up taking the car back home and driving my truck...it was definitely worth the drive! I came away with at three solid ideas I will be implementing on my car as soon as I work out the details
It was very nice to meet Fierox and the guys from FTW Motorsports.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
E-mail sent Fierotaz, Check your junkmail folder since it seems that is where most of my mail ends up .

Brad
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paint time?
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:
Paint time?

YES!
There are still a couple of tweaks I need to finalize before paint, but I think I may have found the color....

[This message has been edited by Fierotaz (edited 11-09-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A couple of pictures from my meeting with Curley...

I have 8x10 picture of #013 & #020 inside the car. Today I showed a friend this very picture and he complemented you on your use of the tail lamps.

Oh yeah, bump.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I am back to driving the beast daily again so I took it down to the Pontiac dealer to get the tires filled with Nitrogen. I used an online coupon and it only cost me $19.95. I actually did feel a ride improvement when I took it on the freeway. I know there are people out there that think this is a waste, but if even half the propaganda about extending tire life is true then it is well worth it with the cost of replacement tires!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. I'm assuming you need to go back when the tire is a bit low or does the nitrogen remain in the tire?
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the nitrogen won't "leak down" like air and it won't react to heat as much either. Both of those reasons result in a more steady/stable/constant tire pressure and better tire wear. Normal air-filled tires will lose a few pounds of air every few weeks (depending on your weather) - nitrogen won't. My tire dealer told me it is OK to add plain air if needed to keep them "topped off". since i buy all my tires there, he filled mine with nitrogen for free
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have 8x10 picture of #013 & #020 inside the car. Today I showed a friend this very picture and he complemented you on your use of the tail lamps.

Oh yeah, bump.

i you 2 wernt so freekin cool id totaly pull a gone in 60 seconds on your cars dude they are some of the best looking high modefied fieros there are
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

i you 2 wernt so freekin cool id totaly pull a gone in 60 seconds on your cars dude they are some of the best looking high modefied fieros there are

Thanks. Leroy's #013 is going to look sweet once the paints on. I'll be following his footsteps for #015 once I get the MadArch kit.
PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my plan ready for operation "mirror delete"... It should complete the shaved look I was going for, kind of a retro '50s style. Then the paint will finish it off!
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well here are a couple of pic's of my initial model...comments...
I will post pictures of it attached to the car in the morning.

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Camera's? Someine had something simuliar at Daytona last year.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:
Camera's?

Yes, I decided to go with cameras for my side view mirrors after checking out some cars with Curley at SEMA. I am interested in any opinons or ideas to make this mod flow. This will complete the shaved look I was trying to accomplish.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kind of hard, at least for me, to determine the overall impact from those views.

Any chance we can get a full view of the car out in the open to get a better perspective ?
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierotaz, You have a PM

Vinny
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Any chance we can get a full view of the car out in the open to get a better perspective ?

Yeah, as soon as I can pull it out of the garage I will get some wider angle pictures showing the whole car and the difference from left (orig mirror) to right (new design).

Fierotaz, You have a PM
Vinny

PM back at you...

[This message has been edited by Fierotaz (edited 02-05-2009).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leroy,
Are you sure you want cameras there? The one I have just in the back window has that" images apear farther away" BUT I can see behind me ok.

Also, will they be infared cameras? Big help at night!

Where will the monitor go? I found a cool one(ebay) that fits over the rear view mirror and it's remote controlled! When it is off, the reflection acts like a mirror, till you turn on the power and see camera images.

MAYBE you should come down again and check it out then again...if you come down around the end of April...you can go to San Anitono for the TTexas round-up !!! loads o fun!!

Oh and nice sparkly paint there....

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 02-05-2009).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Leroy,
Are you sure you want cameras there? Also, will they be infared cameras? Big help at night!

I have been contemplating this for quite a while and I think this is the way to go. I found some very nice cameras at SEMA that are intended for this purpose, but are not infrared. (still up in the air)

Where will the monitor go?

I will make a custom enclosure that will go where the Aux Gauge pod is loacated. I will be using two 4-5 inch lcds.

MAYBE you should come down again and check it out then again...if you come down around the end of April...you can go to San Anitono for the TTexas round-up !!! loads o fun!!
Oh and nice sparkly paint there....

I would love to make it back down for a Texas meet...we will have to see how things are going but I know it will be loads of fun.
Thanks, I really liked that paint and it looks even deeper in person.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock