Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Choptop #025 "FIEROciousGT" Build (Page 10)

Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: General Fiero Chat.
Choptop #025 "FIEROciousGT" Build by FierociousGT
Started on: 09-05-2007 09:11 PM
Replies: 369 (26457 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-27-2009 09:56 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just one more thing.

I look at this picture....

And I look at this picture that was taken the day before you picked up the car.....

And I think, we didn't have a big enough gap at the trailing edge of the headlight to have a wad of wires sticking out of there with the hood closed all the way.

Just what is going on over there?

Archie

IP: Logged
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can see the rat nibbles though

Wow, what a difference sitting/heat can make it seems. That is another reason why I don't like fiberglass parts.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sounds like your main argument is your shop's work is of low quality and doesn't last. I'm not saying that's the case but all you're doing is giving before and after pictures a mere six months later and look how much things have degraded. Apparently it wasn't even driven hard or anything.

------------------

My Build Thread

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I would greatly appricate it if you take the efford and mail my front/rear GT bumper impact egg crates that your shop forgot to reinstall. Please include a tracking number and ship it to my home address (Casselberry, FL).

Thanks

PS
I will reply to your post when I get back from Chicago.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even in Archie's photos, I can see the defects Dave is talking about. They're just not as visible, because the photos were taken at different angles, and at a greater distance.

I don't think insulting Dave or his fiberglass guy is going to accomplish much, either.

On a more positive note, I really look forward to seeing the car completed. It's gonna be sweet.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the car was in such bad shape why did you take it home?

Honest question, why didn't you point out the issues when you picked up the car and sorted some of this out?

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 02-26-2009).]

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Because he doesn't know anything about body work or what to look for. It's only when you look at each detail you notice problems or defects. He's admitted that to many. It took some friends that do know how to really look at a car to notice these things. It wasn't until I decided to do all the work on my own car, that I started noticing flaws in other cars etc. Same goes with houses when the whole picture looks nice it's not until you look at each piece you notice the short cuts or flaws.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 02-26-2009).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think there are some exaggerations going on as well as some legitimate complaints but (I'm not going to hunt for it) didn't he tell Archie to stop working on the car more than once. You work on cars, how many times have you walked away from a project to only come back and find more things that need done. They both parted on bad terms, but I don't think trashing each other every chance they get will help.

Last post I wont keep this up in his build thread.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Last post I wont keep this up in his build thread.

I don't think that's going to be a problem... because it isn't a build thread. I was hoping to see a good build continue, but now it's just become a good, all-around trash-fest thread, with everyone giving their opinion of who they think is right.
-Paul
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

I don't think that's going to be a problem... because it isn't a build thread. I was hoping to see a good build continue, but now it's just become a good, all-around trash-fest thread, with everyone giving their opinion of who they think is right.

Which is exactly why I'm moving this back to GFC.

This thread has been moved here: General Fiero Chat.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock