Started on: 06-24-2007 11:36 PM
Replies: 290 (17276 views)
Last post by: Finally_Mine_86_GT on 08-05-2009 01:46 PM
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. enough of the old thread. you all know the story by now.. my luck sucks. really bad..

so lets get her moving and legal!

but there are still a few of you willing to help I start school tomorrow, so i need her ASAP!!!

im stumped on replacing the front shock, the top bolt broke (bottom i can do..)

Then i started to get her ready for this weekend!

i made this

and its pretty much out.. i have to disconnect a hose or 2.. and finish lifting it up.

so far ive noticed, hard tranny lines NEED to be replaced, all ebrake cables NEED cradle bushings need replaced, TRYing to order asap! see fiero store site problems thread... ill need brake fluid, tranny fluid, coolant (just trying to have some organization..)

tomorrow i have to open the restaurant at 7am.. then im out at 5, and on to school by 6:15 till 10pm.. so i doubt much work tomorrow but we'll see!
------------------

See my film creations..
See F-I-E-R-O's Fiero store!
Please help me bring Betty back to life!! i need free parts and tech help!
Black Betty Build
“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.”

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 07-06-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whomever's going to be up there doing the transplant, if they carry drill bits, an easy-out, and some taps and dies. That should take care of the shock bolt.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AAAAAND poly cradle bushings ordered! YAY! Fiero store pulls through again! ( i called and ordered, then payed via paypal.) now to get a torch of some sort to burn out CRAP old rubber ones.

WOW itll be nice.. all new tranny+motor mounts, poly dogbone, poly cradle bushings, brand new shocks+struts, eibachs in back... o i cant wait to drive her!!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003

and it begins. I love it.

also, new mounts
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jerry, check to see if your local parts store carries "PB Blaster". It comes in a spray can, and is great on rusted bolts, etc. I couldn't get the O2 sensor in my car to budge....sprayed a little of that on it, let it sit for a couple of minutes, tapped it with a hammer to help break it loose...and it came right out, no problem. Spray it on that broken bolt, trying to get it up into the threads that are left. Wouldn't hurt to spray it a few times before "the gang" shows up to help you swap engines...may help to get it out. It will also help with any other bolts, nuts, etc., that you have to loosen or remove.

edit...congrats on starting school!

[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 06-25-2007).]

FormulaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on starting school! Looking forward to photos, video and whatever else of the upcoming transplant. Hope everything goes as planned and good luck!
multmigs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for multmigsSend a Private Message to multmigsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice mounts......

Things are looking good...
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump, roll call for whose coming this sat
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YAY for poly!

boy am i glad, cause most of the rubber on her is shot.

not sure which goes where just yet, but ill figure it out..

so is anyone besides Back on Holiday comin ?
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's goin on this Saturday?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WATCH!!!

Click here to watch coolant

Click here to watch YES-82-34

!!

Left to do!!

Replace brake line(s)
Fix auto tranny line leak
put in front schock
put in rear cradle bolts(gotta buy washers+nuts)
finish up engine bay (clean up wiring etc)
EXHAUST! ( i have one, welding still needs done)
full ebrake setup

that SHOULD get it driveable and pass inspection. but i gotta wait till i get $ to do anything right now.. i have $0.73 till fri
PontiacJ829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok for people wanting to send parts.

237 S Mathilda
Pittsburgh PA 15224
Apt 1

(Bobadoo Funk works fine )

no $.

try to post what youre sending, so someone else doesnt send the same part!
PontiacJ829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright, I'll confess.... You have some front shocks headed your way.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PontiacJ829:

Alright, I'll confess.... You have some front shocks headed your way.

EEK!! i hope you didnt send em yet!! i just put new monroe sensa trac's on there!

Parts Needed.
rear brake lines in good condition. (i hope fronts are ok..)
full e-brake set up in decent-good condition.
hard tranny lines in good condition.
and possibly a new cv boot? ill check if they have em here at pepy's.. i hope its not a PITA to replace...

other than that.. its pretty good to go!

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 07-02-2007).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you need the brake flex hose at the caliper or the hard lines?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Do you need the brake flex hose at the caliper or the hard lines?

whole thing

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is what i am buying asap.

85-87 STAINLESS STEEL METAL BRAKE LINE SET
Most Fieros have rusted/rotted mild steel brake lines that are already leaking or will start to leak soon. Our new brake lines have been CNC mandrel bent to match OEM specifications. Each brake line is made from aircraft quality seamless T304 stainless steel that meets all DOT and S.A.E. specifications. The gravel guard (spring wrap) is also manufactured from T304 stainless steel. This kit includes all of the hard steel brake lines required to replace your originals. Sold only in sets and fits 85-87 models only. Click here for kit diagram.

Part # 56002 Price: $159.95 Qty:

Fierostore. i think i have some cores they wany too..
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're buying new flex hoses too, check Rock Auto. Their prices are cheaper than the Fiero Store's. I got them for my Formula there, and they're genuine AC Delco parts. Double check to see if the 10% club discount w/ The Fiero Store will make the difference, though.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*DOH*

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 07-04-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

this is what i am buying asap.

85-87 STAINLESS STEEL METAL BRAKE LINE SET

Part # 56002 Price: $159.95 Qty:

Fierostore. i think i have some cores they wany too..

I bought the 88's for my Formula and was very pleased. The earlier years may be different but I found it helped immensely to remove the spare tire bucket up front. IIRC there is a line attached to it underneath you need to disconnect first.

------------------
www.FieroDomain.com
Over 120 Fiero Links, Articles, Images, Diagnostics

"If any car is both the parade and the rain, it is the Fiero"

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here's a list of lines off the inlinetube.com website, they list tranny lines is why im listing this:

1984-88 Pontiac Fiero
Brake Line Stainless OEM
POB84F1 1984-87 Power Disc Line Set 7pc $180.00 $155.00
POB84F2 1988 Power Disc Line Set 7pc $180.00 $155.00
Fuel Lines
POF8401 1984 Main, Return, Vapor 3pc, 4cyl $110.00 $145.00
From Tank to Back of Firewall
POF8701 1987 Fuel Vapor Lines 2pc (one 1/4" tube, one 5/16" tube) $50.00 $40.00
Trans Cooler Lines
POT8401 2pc, 5/16" Front to Rear $120.00 $95.00
Engine Lines - Fuel Injection
POE8601 1986 2.8L Rail Inlet Line $35.00 $25.00
POE8602 1988 2.8L Main Fuel Rail Inlet Line $35.00 $25.00
POE8603 1988 2.8L Fuel Return Rail Inlet Line $35.00 $25.00
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EEK itll be a while before all that, but the brake lines are a necessity, and i might JUST be able to squeeze it in.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok well at least i finally did this:

its a decent temporary fix, and its not like its high pressure.. but it stopped the leak!

tomorrow before work im picking up a few bolts+ washers, and ordering my new brake lines. then i got a ton of misc stuff to do.. ive decided i will use the rubber hoses on there, i think theyre ok for now.. in 2-4 weeks ill get the ocelot ones from the Fiero store. (unless i can dig up some stuff in my house to sell on ebay...)

then the next 2 biggies are e-brake and getting my exhaust together.. ( i have it, i just need it together!)
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
YAY! im pushing it here, but i ordered all new lines, and the ocelot braided set as well. i decided its more of a need cause brakes are kind of important

i also went out and bought some bolts i need today. which means as soon as i get back from work tonight, i got stuff to do!
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you still need the e-brake?
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
before you know it, you'll be driving her around!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

YES!!

ok , ill admit, after work i planned on working on the car.. but 2 cute girls invited me and a friend to a party.. (i cant turn down 2 cute girls!) then me and him hit up some local bars ( he spent $20 on drinks, i spent $2, pop is cheep ) but i dont work untill 4 tomorrow, so im definately doin some stuff tomorrow (well today really..)

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 07-07-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
New shock finally in!!

Cradle is all tightened up

i finally get to use my 3 yr old strut tower bar..

and i made a startling discovery today, the lines are no where near as bad as i thought.. DOH! so.. tomorow i may take it down the block
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

YES!!

Should be on the way on Monday.
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
better safe than sorry with brake lines, especially w/o an E-brake

remember to check your trans fluid, we only got a couple quarts put in there.

oh, btw I cant get over the guy in the van screeching to a stop, hopping out and asking us if we wanted some cheap steaks, and then asking if we wanted cheap laptops....

Steaks and Laptops....
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

better safe than sorry with brake lines, especially w/o an E-brake

remember to check your trans fluid, we only got a couple quarts put in there.

oh, btw I cant get over the guy in the van screeching to a stop, hopping out and asking us if we wanted some cheap steaks, and then asking if we wanted cheap laptops....

Steaks and Laptops....

ha! weirdo..

o and already refilled tranny fluid and thats what i figured about the lines better sooner than later.. (still alot of $ though!)

and Fierotaz, AWESOME! how much of it? cables etc? want me to pay for s+h?

im at work now (shhhh dont tell anyone!) but im going to try and bleed the brakes either when i get home, or tomorrow.. then perhaps get her to move a few inches..

litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

( he spent $20 on drinks, i spent $2, pop is cheep )

Jerry, I don't know about Pittsburgh, but around here, if you tell the bartender you're the designated driver, your pop is free....

Keep up the good work...I check your threads daily to see how you're doing...

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where did you get that strut bar? I am looking for one
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

where did you get that strut bar? I am looking for one

Darrel Morse, im not sure if hes still around, check the mall.. i bought it 2-3 years ago though for my other Fiero.. not sure if he still makes/has em..

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Spent the day at RotrexFiero's place walked away with a smile! another great day with a good Fiero person.

our flow test.

had to plug up some odd hole..

transport

home!

and of course his awesome 2.8 turbo!

its amazing. he took me for a thrill ride around some mountain curves...

so now i have an exhaust! ( i hope it fits..) im checking later..

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey BD thanks for the compliments...glad you liked the ride, so you know what your next project is......TURBO BETTY!!!

Anyway, you dropped your donut (exhaust) in my driveway. Thank my small shiht-zu for finding it. I know she was not much help hiding from the blinding light of the welder but she did find it while going for a walk.

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, what a CLEAN garage Rotex!

get that exhaust on jerry.... you have hangers, springs, bolts for the y-pipe hook up?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

wow, what a CLEAN garage Rotex!

get that exhaust on jerry.... you have hangers, springs, bolts for the y-pipe hook up?

well.. i have to do a lil tweaking, the bolt hole for the y-pipe doesnt line up.. but i have an idea... not sure whan ill be able to do it, but asap.

i have some stuff, i cant remember what, but ill dig it out tonight...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock