Started on: 06-24-2007 11:36 PM
Replies: 290 (17280 views)
Last post by: Finally_Mine_86_GT on 08-05-2009 01:46 PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can't have too many grounds. I added about 4 on mine when I had it. That might help things.
IP: Logged
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
alllllrighty.. time for an update..

i crashed (if you saw the other thread then you already know i had to get hit by a truck or hit a curb+fire hydrant.. you know what i picked..)

it killed my bumper, cracked the rad, blew out my brand new lower ball joints, cracked the fender, and put a hole in the brand new tranny lines..

bummer.

so i trek on...

i just paid good ol sir Rodney Dickman for
front lower ball joins
rear ball joints
rear inner tie rods
rear outer tie rods
brighter GT tail bulbs

and i also got this stuff..

blue panels so "Pontiac" lights up blue

some engine dress up stuff.. im slowly trying to clean it up..

an amp for my 5.25" sub (no wiring yet though)

new front wheel bearings

grand am rotors for my rear brake upgrade (grabbing the calipers in 3 hours) The rears can be done with better quality parts, for cheaper then it would be to replace stock ones... all parts come from a 1989 Grand am FRONT brake set up (calipers switch sides) -Thanks to JimmyS and Blacktree for the help!

and the sunvisor brackets are there, the Mrs. has the visors and is going to recover them for me in a nice black suede
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Mrs.? When did you tie the knot?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ack.. sry.. no no.. no knot tied.. just something i say.. Mrs=g/f....
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see the P O N T I A C lights lit up in blue. Your welcome and if there is anything else I can help with, feel free to ask.

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cant wait to see it when my brighter bulbs get here...

tomorrow i pick up pads and stuff to install my amp.. im hoping to atleast get that in tomorrow..

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 04-02-2008).]

FormulaGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blue is cool! Like it.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea im usung black, blue, n silver for color scheme... i dont want to over do the blue.. itd look too tacky... i hope the calipers arent too much.. but it might be just enough
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

Looks good! The brighter bulbs will make a huge difference though. Your gonna love it.

Here is mine during the brighter bulb change

Completed

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 04-02-2008).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well tomorrow or Fri. these should be in!!

and right now im installing my amp
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Looks good! The brighter bulbs will make a huge difference though. Your gonna love it.

Here is mine during the brighter bulb change

Completed

Those look great! I love the blue. Can't wait to see it with the brighter bulbs.
The GT tail lights have always been some of my favorite of any car.
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2008 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amp is in... for just a 200W amp and the Tang band 5.25" sub, it hits NICE! not a TON but it has a nice thump to it and fills out the music perfectly.. very happy! just gotta get new front speakers and the sound system is complete! YAY!

it rained today so no brake upgrade... maybe saturday ( i work 14 hrs tomorrow)
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2008 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

new front lower ball joints in! (above is rear inner+outer tie rods and rear ball joints)

much better, again.. rears in soon.. and calipers, and rotors..

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 04-09-2008).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some more stuff done!

put new front lower ball joint in cause the accident ruined my new ones.. heres what they looked like

Put in my brighter bulbs

one side in

both (thats pretty bright considering its very well lit in there..)

In ther rear i did inner n outer tie rods, and the grand am brake swap

Outer off

old tie rods (crap crap crap)

New in

Beautiful

gotta find my camera.. sik of cell pix!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin Good! I told you the brighter bulbs would make a big difference.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man jerry, your ride is starting to sparkle!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
o im working hard! just wait till you see the goodies im grabbing off of someone at Watkins Glen!!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Outstanding work, Jerry!
I love the blue "PONTIAC" lights.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from pepboys... Glasspack/Cherry Bombs.. $20... hmm.. i dont have a Cat right now either.. so im curious what a cherry bomb instead of cat would sound like (keeping stock muffler) hmm... so i got one..dunno if i will get to put it on before the Glen but im trying...

this week is just general clean up and maintenance.. put some more of my interior back in, possibly start my small dash mod.. make sure everything is a OK for the trip up to Watkins Glen..

im also still running rich.. dont know why though.. wish i had an OBD I scantool..
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done recently

Cherry Bomb installed where cat used to be (keeping muffler too) its quieter (expected) but racey.. i like it.. the stock Fiero exhaust has this tendency to "Pop" and i never quite liked it.. this did get rid of that.. for now ill keep it

o2 sensor replaced helped a bit

CV seal replaced .. no more leaking tranny fluid

this week im trying to get my interior looking decent.. been driving me nuts...
PFF
System Bot
85pontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85pontiacSend a Private Message to 85pontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump. And a question. Will Betty be making the trip to Carlisle this year?
I'd love to see all your hard work in person!

------------------
1984 Sport Coupe Auto., 130,~~~ miles, bad duke
1985 Sport Coupe 5 Speed, 55,000 original miles
1987 GT Auto., 154,000 miles, partial daily driver
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 5" lift, 35" tires, partial daily driver
1983 Yamaha Midnight Virago 920
1975 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 25,000 original miles
1963 Buick Electra 225
1936 Dodge Two-door Touring Sedan

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Betty will TRY to make the trip to Carlisle this year.. and she is entered in the work in progress class id think ive done just a little bit of work

ive been working on a fellow Fiero owners ride lately (hence the lack of progress on my own) he had new heads put on a while back and the mechanic got lazy... and cut the gasket.. the gasket shifted causing an opening in the crankcase, sucking in massive amounts of unmeasured air. this produced a code 35 (IAC) IAC was fine.. i should have his ride done by monday...

Im highly anticipating Carlisle it will be my 2nd show with my OWN Fiero! WOOO!
lets hope i make it!

(BekaintaFunk will be joining me as well WOO! )
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car has come a long way! Impressive!

Will you be making the trek to the Dells?
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jerry, got any photos of the repair from the damage from your accident? I saw the accident pics, but haven't seen any updates on the repairs on the damage.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no body repair was done yet... i replaced a bunch of suspension stuff.. popped out the bumper and spray painted it black.. its not horrible but you can tell.. i get a few ideas for the front but im just still not sure which way im going..

and sadly i will not make it to the Dells, been wanting to for years.. but the 25th is far more important. i will walk if i have to , seriously.

i replaced my headlights today (one was old, other was old n yellow) got sylvania silverstars.. theyre nice i can see at night again too..
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2008 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dont feel bad jerry if you dont make it to the 25th, I highly doubt I will be there either
FIREBOX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIREBOXSend a Private Message to FIREBOXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is your repair coming along Jerry?
Will your car be roadworthy for the 25th?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well... heres where i am right now.. my house was robbed.. Wii, all the games for it, my guitar, PS2 and $300 was stolen. im behind on bills (hence my rareity online.. cable n internet shut off) and such trying to catch up..

status of the car... barely OK

i DESPERATELY need an 88 y-pipe and a steering rack... i cannot begin to explain how dangerous it is for me driving right now.. but i have no choice.. if i can attain both of those.. it will be stretching it, but i should be able to make it to the 25th.

the y pipe i have now broke at the flange.. we tried welding it, it is past the point of repair now..

the steering rack broke in a really wierd way.. which makes for some interesting driving.. lets just say if you have my car in the air, you can move the right side tire almost 4 inches back and forth.. so everytime i hit the slightest bump you can imagine wht happens to my alignment angles...

other than those 2 things the car is doing fine.. the old parts stopped breaking, now the new ones are going! sheesh does it ever end?!? ( 5 month old alt. died... regulator went bad..glad its at least warrentied)

i hate asking for these things but going to the 25th is one of the most important things in my life (seriously.) if anyone could even help in the slightest way to aid in my obtaining either of those parts i will gladly have your child.

but on the good side of things i am now Emissions Inspection certified in PA
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well... heres where i am right now.. my house was robbed.. Wii, all the games for it, my guitar, PS2 and $300 was stolen. im behind on bills (hence my rareity online.. cable n internet shut off) and such trying to catch up..

Man that sucks big time, on the positive outlook, be glad you werent home and they attacked you. Im not sure at this point if I am going to the 25th, if I did I would be driving my Ford Fusion, if your intent on going w/ or w/o a Fiero, im sure someone would be able to give you a ride to and from. If i'm still scheduled off work and your desprete for a ride out I might just have to bring my son and make the trip out there.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't you have home or apartment insurance? This would have helped you get cash for all that was stolen. Maybe you should look into this once your finances are better. Hopefully someone can get you a steering rack. It isn't safe at all to be driving your car like that. You can hurt yourself or others if it lets go completely and you lose control of your car. Did the rack break from the time you got hit? Maybe you can get your car insurance to pay for it to be fixed. Good luck.
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 steering rack are rather rare and expensive, finding one free may be difficult..sorry to hear of the difficulties.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

88 steering rack are rather rare and expensive, finding one free may be difficult..sorry to hear of the difficulties.

actually the car is an 86.. just has an 88 exhaust.. i think the rack broke due to my favorite thing about winter... road salt.. it just looks like it wore away its really had to explain but ill try and nap a cell pic monday... im on "borrowed" internet for now so im not sure how long thatll last..

and as for the 25th.. im going. period... Fiero or no Fiero.. ill sleep outside dont care. im going. (seriously.) with gas and economy going the way it is... in 5 yeaars im worried about the chances of a 30th... screw that.. im going.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you need a rack for your 86, I've got a good one out of my 87 GT. It is tight and worked fine when removed. There are no tie-rod ends on it, though, so you will have to transfer it over. It is yours, just pm where to ship it (I'll cover shipping) Let me know as soon as you can so I can get it sent out.
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey everyone, Bobadoo told me to post for him because he doesnt have internet right now.

he is in DESPERATE need of a y-pipe for his 86. if there is anyone who can ship one to him as fast as possible (within the next two days or so) it would be greatly appreciated. he will pay for it but he needs it PUT IN by the end of this week!! if you can help, overnight shipping is a must.

please let me know if anyone can help! email me, pm me, anything.

...its pretty much an emergency.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a y pipe thats in great shape, whats wrong with the one he has now?

I could check into overnight or express shipping but its probably going to be EXPENSIVE... if he's willing to paypal me the money then I could see how much...
topher_time

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I have a y pipe thats in great shape, whats wrong with the one he has now?

I could check into overnight or express shipping but its probably going to be EXPENSIVE... if he's willing to paypal me the money then I could see how much...

I'll send you the money for shipping, not a big deal. Let me know where to send it.
wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one as well that I could send to him. It might be a little cheaper for me to send it since I'm in the US.

**EDIT**
I just went out to the garage and grabbed the Y-pipe, and forgot that the lower bracket on it is pretty rusted. It could be welded if you were ambitious enough, but what I've done in the past is just cut that one off and welded a universal universal ones in its place.

[This message has been edited by wikid_one (edited 07-14-2008).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well im at school and was able to snag a few mins of intranets

the steering rack is in wow what a difference... much obliged. did it in 2 hours too

and my y pipe is destroyed.. ive tried welding it multiple times.. it holds for a few days tops.. then it goes again.. its so loud im just waiting to get pulled over for it... and as of right now that would be really bad. luckily here in Pittsburgh they seem to be a bit slack on loud exhausts... im not sure how long my luck will last...

ah! someone sent one! thanks!

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 07-14-2008).]

topher_time

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well im at school and was able to snag a few mins of intranets

the steering rack is in wow what a difference... much obliged. did it in 2 hours too

and my y pipe is destroyed.. ive tried welding it multiple times.. it holds for a few days tops.. then it goes again.. its so loud im just waiting to get pulled over for it... and as of right now that would be really bad. luckily here in Pittsburgh they seem to be a bit slack on loud exhausts... im not sure how long my luck will last...

ah! someone sent one! thanks!

You should have it in a few days. Glad the rack worked for ya!

[This message has been edited by topher_time (edited 07-14-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock