Black Betty, Round 2 by BobadooFunk
Started on: 06-24-2007 11:36 PM
Replies: 290 (17276 views)
Last post by: Finally_Mine_86_GT on 08-05-2009 01:46 PM
slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2007 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that happind to me with my duke, turned out to be a injecter

i pwne page 6

[This message has been edited by slinger (edited 12-23-2007).]

IP: Logged
slinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anything new?
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep.. ill have some pix up on tues
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok so its not tues.. but ive been busy.. heres how she looks as of last night...

and today

so far recently...
lowered the front.. threw on some sexy 17's with 225/45/17 in front and 235/45/17 in the back
changed a front lower ball jt, and am replacing the other today as well as some bushings and tierods

she handles amazing. now all i need to do is WASH it! ive got some pix on my phone.. but no way to get em yet..

(did i mention i mounted n balanced the tires all by my lonesome? i feel so accomplished!)

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 02-07-2008).]

85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow! jerry you really turned it around nice. looks awesome!

now about those red grills...
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea i think i want them blue... but not sure.. black would be too much.. i remember seeing some Fiero logo custom ones id die to have in silver... but dont remember where..
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:
i remember seeing some Fiero logo custom ones id die to have in silver... but dont remember where..

Here perhaps

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/039979.html
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ok so its not tues.. but ive been busy.. heres how she looks as of last night...

and today

so far recently...
lowered the front.. threw on some sexy 17's with 225/45/17 in front and 235/45/17 in the back
changed a front lower ball jt, and am replacing the other today as well as some bushings and tierods

she handles amazing. now all i need to do is WASH it! ive got some pix on my phone.. but no way to get em yet..

(did i mention i mounted n balanced the tires all by my lonesome? i feel so accomplished!)

Your Fiero is looking amazing... all that hard work pays off, doesn't it???
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking awfully good.
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good, I like those rims, now you need to clean her up and paint those grills.
litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to be a copycat, but.......................you've got it looking good, Jerry!
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
indeed.. ive been working really hard on her lately.. yesterday was inner+outer tierods as well as another ball joint the handlin difference is amazint ill post a pic of my old inner tie rod later..
monday im starting on the poly for the a-arms
and i new new dew strips asap....
and a gas tank!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
this was my tie rod...
!
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

this was my tie rod...
!

Holy shnikies! Should handle better now for sure.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

slinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice rims! what kind are they?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:
Here perhaps

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/039979.html

YES! thanks thats the one!! i think those would set it off nicely!

since the replacement of that tie rod, YES the handling difference is much better (but i replaced a ton of other stuff too)

and the rims.. some Drag company.. dunno.. got em at a great price off of some kid at school that bought em for his car a while back and got new ones..

JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has come a long way and really looks great Jerry. I have been trying to pick out a set of rims and I dont know just what size will fit in the rear. Are you using the stock struts and springs?

Steve
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JumpStart:

It has come a long way and really looks great Jerry. I have been trying to pick out a set of rims and I dont know just what size will fit in the rear. Are you using the stock struts and springs?

Steve

struts+shocks are monroe sensa-trac's back springs are eibachs 1" and fronts are suspension techniques 1.5" rims are 17's and tires are 225/45/17 rear 235/45/17

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the pics from my cell..
Old n new springs

Tires

3 rims, 3 tires in the seat, other 2 in trunk.

Looking Good!

ill snag some suspension pics today..
FIREBOX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIREBOXSend a Private Message to FIREBOXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Jerry Jaloppy! BB's really lookin' good. I just woke up from a 3 month hibernation and was reviewing your progress. Those new wheels really update your ride. They just happen to fit the Fiero? Lucky you! You are an inspiration to all of us who "fear" of something going wrong... you just announce it and go about getting it working again and most of the time making it better than new. Looking forward to seeing you and Betty come summer.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Off

used a ball joint press for the first time

top control arm off

pressing out bushings

new bushings in

arm back on

all NEW!

oooo i love drivin her!

i still gotta do the lower bushings.. i think ill just burn em... tomorrow ill align her though

soon ill re-do the rear as well..
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i was having some grinding/popping problems for a while now...

i knew the CV was bad, and had always thought it was a bit short, but couldnt find the receipt... so i got a new one somewhere else..
the new one, (im thinking also the RIGHT one.. is almost 2inches longer..)

so after i replaced that, the car was ok.. but it still had some grinding... and over the weekend, it got waaay worse.. and REALLY dangerous to drive... the car would just kinda pick a direction randomly..

so i snagged a new hub assembly as well

once i took off the axle nut, the old one literally fell apart all over the floor.. looked like this

it was bad..i had .5 inces of movement at the bearing with it on the car!!! thats a helluvalotta travel!

cleaned it all up

nice and new

on! (dont worry i did realize the brake sheild was off, took the hub back off, and put the sheild on.. just no pic)

wow it the ride SOOO much nicer now!! a WORLD of difference!! im so looking forward to DAYTONA!!!

and i need to update my sig!!

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see things going along for ya, still need to hangout one of these days.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no pics of that gas tank? - or you still drippin all over pits-burp?

LOL
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2008 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tank is in no more leaky leaky thanks to you 2 !!!!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well... did some rubberized coating today (the whole new tank and some of the frame)

full alignment (what a difference)

got these!!

and cleaned her

wow... everybody is beginning to respect my car at school ( a few even took it for a spin, relating it to an F1 car..)

finally... ive been waiting so long to have a Fiero im proud of, and its finally here and all thanks to PFF and its unbeleiveable members!!!

(time to update sig too..)
FieroVin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well... did some rubberized coating today (the whole new tank and some of the frame)

full alignment (what a difference)

got these!!

wow... everybody is beginning to respect my car at school ( a few even took it for a spin, relating it to an F1 car..)

finally... ive been waiting so long to have a Fiero im proud of, and its finally here and all thanks to PFF and its unbeleiveable members!!!

(time to update sig too..)

Hey Babadoo,

Are those the vent covers from silver 85 sc? How do you like them? Do they have a brushed finish, it's hard to tell from the pics?

[This message has been edited by FieroVin (edited 02-29-2008).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one done one to go..

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone have a spare temp gauge? mine has never worked and grounding the wire does not peg it...
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
soo... anyone got one?

washed her before school to rid her of the salt plague.. WOW ..

did some more work today...

did the 2nd tranny line

not the bestest, but a HELL of a lot better than they were.

replaced this in hopes of ridding my baby of the code 32....

it has some wired washer thing that makes it universal..

YAY its on!! no more code 32.... right ?

wrong IDIOT light popped on still... car definately ran better with snappier response.. but im not sure where the problem is..

on another note.. i think i may swap my 4.5 into Betty sometime late this summer.. but my teacher thinks i should do something else.. id like a peppy 6cyl honestly... with a nice 4spd auto tranny.. but thats not even being started till april..
ktthecarguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 167
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there,
I tried using that universal EGR, forget it! The washer size they recommend is not correct, and without a whole lot of trial-and-error, it's just too difficult to find the right one. I would strongly recommend getting an OEM-style EGR. It will save you much time and aggravation, even if it is more expensive.
PFF
System Bot
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wrong IDIOT light popped on still... car definately ran better with snappier response.. but im not sure where the problem is..

Clear your codes by dissconnecting battery or pulling ecm fuse for a few min at least to clear ecm memory and see if the code 32 comes back. If it does, check the vacuum line to the EGR valve from the EGR solenoid for leaks and from the EGR solenoid to the vaccum source on the manifold and make sure it doesnt leak. If that checks out ok then check for loose wires/open circuit @ the EGR vacuum control solenoid wire connector. You might also want to check that your egr tube that goes to the intake is not clogged up with carbon. If not then then it is probably a faulty EGR solenoid.

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 03-07-2008).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Originally posted by ktthecarguy:

Hi there,
I tried using that universal EGR, forget it! The washer size they recommend is not correct, and without a whole lot of trial-and-error, it's just too difficult to find the right one. I would strongly recommend getting an OEM-style EGR. It will save you much time and aggravation, even if it is more expensive.

yeah if thats a universal egr it may not work correctly
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

on another note.. i think i may swap my 4.5 into Betty sometime late this summer.. but my teacher thinks i should do something else.. id like a peppy 6cyl honestly... with a nice 4spd auto tranny.. but thats not even being started till april..

You can probably trade the 4.5 for a 3.4 to somone (or to a salvage yard). I saw your car parked outside of your apartment a week or two ago and it looks good!
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

Clear your codes by dissconnecting battery or pulling ecm fuse for a few min at least to clear ecm memory and see if the code 32 comes back. If it does, check the vacuum line to the EGR valve from the EGR solenoid for leaks and from the EGR solenoid to the vaccum source on the manifold and make sure it doesnt leak. If that checks out ok then check for loose wires/open circuit @ the EGR vacuum control solenoid wire connector. You might also want to check that your egr tube that goes to the intake is not clogged up with carbon. If not then then it is probably a faulty EGR solenoid.

One more thing to check....I know this sounds stupid but it ACTUALLY happened to me......check to make sure that there is nothing blocking the vacuum line at the EGR itself. I had the same problem with my old S-15 pick up and found that some idiot (probably trying to "eliminate" the EGR) stuffed a very small machine screw way up in the rubber fitting that connected the plastic hard line to the EGR valve nipple.

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thing about the light is it doesnt come on till ive been driving for about 15 mins...

i think the universal one might be ok.. i mustve got the right washer... i compared it and the hole matches up to the diameter of the peice that sticks out of the old one.. (if that makes any sense...)

and as for the lines, they are all new Rodnet stainless ones with just a short peice of hose at the end.. nothings in there..
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
9 times out of 10 when I've diagnosed a code 32 on a Fiero it's been the Solenoid on the right side of the engine.

CODE 32 answers. dialup warning pics

As far as legality, I'm not sure it would pass the inspection, but I'm thinking about the '7730 ECM upgrade to switch to a digital EGR and lose all the vacuum crap under the decklid.

[This message has been edited by FieroJimmy (edited 03-07-2008).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
id LOVE to do that as well... but since a possible engine swap may be on the horizon.. no point... i was thinking solinoid as well..
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
decided to make a list of things left to do.... (ok its not EVERY thing but itll keep me busy for a while...)

most of which are asap.. a few are a ways away..

asap:
rotors
rear tie rods n ball joins
rest of wheel bearings
fuel lines
new speedhut gauge overlays
front speakers
replace stock temp gauge..
new steering wheel
replace turn signal thing inside column
door hinge (pin ? i think) door wont hold itself open..
amp

future..
s10 brake booster
hood scoop
engine swap
paint
suicide doors

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 03-10-2008).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
solinoid..hmm.. now i need one of those....

did this today

goin blue.

also put a new end on my ground to batt.... was causing an occasional no-start symptom..making me think it was the batt. diein..

tomorrow i have to pull off a caliper or 2... i think i have sticking slides.. i have outboard pad wear..
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock