Started on: 06-24-2007 11:36 PM
Replies: 290 (17280 views)
Last post by: Finally_Mine_86_GT on 08-05-2009 01:46 PM
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PIX! and progress...

more new parts..

cleaned tranny pan (and thats my 4.5 valve cover there as well...)

i think i made the biggest mess this school has ever seen...

but i cleaned up

engine..

instead of fighting the temp gauge crap.. a new universal one was $15.. plus i got 10% off... it has everything to work
new cv shaft.. mucho needed.
brake lines will be replaced on this journey as well.. so i picked up new bleeder screws (cause old ones are shot.)
no school again till monday.. but all the hard stuff is done ONWARDS!!
IP: Logged
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure beats the open roof of the garage!

ps don't forget to fill the t/c!!!!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Sure beats the open roof of the garage!

ps don't forget to fill the t/c!!!!

ya i know this time my teacher thinks he knows why this tranny had problems.. when Back on Holiday and myself installed the tranny.. we put TC on the engine then tranny on that, he said that is a BIG no-no, you run the risk of ruining the pump (hmm sound familiar..) so this time, we'll be sure to install correctly..
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure you fill the torque converter before you seat it on the tranny. You should be able to feel it click twice to be fully seated. Make sure you rotate it as you push it on. Once you install the tranny you can bolt it to the flywheel. You also might be able to salvage the other tranny by replacing the damaged pump drive parts.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 08-10-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oi
up late, insomnia kickin in full force tonight..

so i made a small parts list

Still to buy..
Head unit (w/usb)
subs (2 5.25 tangs for an isobaric setup)
speakers (still have to research this subject a bit)
amp

rear inner+outer tie rods $78+$54 total $132 for all 4
ball joint package $64
poly ball joint thing $4 x2 = $8

fuel lines
tranny lines

i just bought a heat sheild from FieroX (he made me an offer i couldnt refuse )
and getting a bunch of poly from another member.

obviously, i want the suspension on this thing to be awesome. for a good reason
http://www.nhscc.com/index.html

Autocross just something ive always wanted to do...

funny thing is, the president autocrosses a 1988 GT

as my other teacher said, piece by piece...
drumwzrd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2007 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Autocross?....Hmmmm

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not that kind, in a parking lot with cones

Got this in today Firewall heat sheild stuff. man it feels like a fireproof suit

Betty

New filter

Back on!

New CV shaft as well

Tomorrow its install heatsheild, new brake lines, and maybe put engine back in...

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cradle is back in!!

All the rear brake lines are in

FieroX's heat sheild installed

All was relatively easy, but thats just cause i have just about any tool at my access tomorrow, finish up connecting lines+wires, then front brake lines, and try to make her GO!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
engine is all in, brake lines are a PITA!!!! still havent started it back up... im impatiently waiting monday!!! all i have left is connect front lines (PITA!!) then fill coolant, and START!!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IT RUNS AGAIN!! AND TRANNY WORKS PERFECT!!!

brake lines giving me problems at the banjo's though..

and last second, i noticed my swaybar endlink snapped!! so gotta see if i can find some local tomorrow...

new lines

new stero+sub heh heh heh.. hooks up to my mp3 player, lights up blue, and has those neat animations.. (sub is 5.25" sub discussed in other thread..)

Ends of these are being a b#$ch

tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow!!
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool thread!

I think I have a new swaybar endlink sittin in my garage... do me a favor and post a pic of yours? I'll shoot it out to you if it's the same... It's a brass doohickey with a ball dodad and a threaded hole...

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

Ends of these are being a b#$ch

tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow!!

Is there a brass washer on your bleed screw? IIRC, there's a very thin metal washer on the banjo. It can stick to the bleed screw when you take it out, but if it doesn't get put back, it can leak.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im looking for poly ones online right now to pick up locally tomorrow so i can try to DRIVE the car tomorrow..

as for brake lines.. i had ALL new washers that came with the braided lines.. and they just leaked like crazy... im pickup up more tomorrow.. try try again..
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jerry, when I put new calipers on the back of my car, I used the new banjo washers that came with the calipers. They leaked like crazy, so I got a new set from the local Pontiac dealer. Put them in...no more problems. Of course, that might just have been crazy luck, but it's what worked for me.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I DROVE IT TODAY!!!! SWEEEEEEETTTT!!!!

she moves great

she stops ok (gotta bleed again...)

she looks S-E-X-X-Y

and soon even have a decent sound system!!

old end link cut right off.

New one! at this point, in the front.. new shocks, brake lines, and endlinks!

After i drove her!

So Monday its the final prep before her daily driving...

timing
bleed again
install new temp gauge

SMILE!

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 10-26-2007).]

BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump!

anything new?

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
upates.. suuure..

New temp. temp. gauge

just till i figure other stuff out...

i tried to put in the radio today, but it was attack of the wire gremlins!!! no power to the wires then i lost power to my gauge lights?!?! then as i was leaving school.. the lights suddenly worked! (thank jebus!) then when i went out later.. the fuel pump fuse blew! luckily ive got spares.. o yea and the tach stopped working.. i think im going to literally rewire the stereo wires from the car.. tomorrow i got bunches o stuff to do...

o yes.. side note.. a moron in a cavalier tried to race me today.. .. .. he had rims.. and loud subs.. mustve thought it made his car fast... sux for him.. cause i was GONE! ( no worries only went to 50 in a 45 )

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 08-29-2007).]

FIREBOX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIREBOXSend a Private Message to FIREBOXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on your accomplishment! Betty's up and walking on all 4's! That's the important thing. Now you can take time to shower her with all the little things girls like... the SoundBox, would be a nice start and treat her to some hightest gas!
Good work, JerryJaloppy
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
glad to see things moving along nicley especialy thinking back on the days when we wondered if it would leave the garage... but is it just me... or does the front end look a little high up? maybe its just the pictures.... i donno
Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Jerry! Looking good!
PFF
System Bot
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BekaintaFunk:. but is it just me... or does the front end look a little high up? maybe its just the pictures.... i donno

I think is because the motor is on the back of the car shes lift up high

I was jokking whit you but yes the motor is still in the back lol .... Congrats Jerry

[This message has been edited by Newbfiero (edited 08-29-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
day by day...

on the way to school today a tranny line blew! (small crack.. SPRAYED everywhere..) EEK! but luckily i caugt it RIGHT away and had extra fluid with me

Worked on putting this in today..

its temporarily in...

ive got electrical gremlins to dael with..
Tach not working, used to..
Oil pressure gauge not working
int. lights not working
no constant power to radio (right now it resets eveytime i turn the car off...)

and my rear right wheel is WAY off.. it either needs re-aligned or somethings broke..

tomorrow i fix what i can!

o yea, for the front suspension.. i need $900 before its lowered up front im gettin the held motorsprts tubular a-arms with adjustable springs setup.. gimmme 3-4 weeks LOTS of overtime comin up!

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 08-29-2007).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

on the way to school today a tranny line blew! (small crack.. SPRAYED everywhere..) EEK! but luckily i caugt it RIGHT away and had extra fluid with me

At least you don't have to worry about anything in the engine compartment rusting anytime soon.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so after proper torque specs acheived and under load.. my halfshaft looks like this...

grrrr
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks way too short. Are you sure they gave you the right sized one and did you compare it with the old one?
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was walking around outside and decided to take some nice pictures of Betty

enjoy!
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

That looks way too short. Are you sure they gave you the right sized one and did you compare it with the old one?

I agree, that rubber shouldn't show that much stretch.
PontiacJ829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had to replace the left CV shaft in the '87 4 cyl we have and the boot did the same thing. Nothing has ever happened and it's been like that for months now. It was the right length too.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well.. its about time for an update...

bad news first.. i got stuck on a one way road, was turning around.. and some dumb BI#%H kept inching closer.. so i had to back up farther to get out.. then CLANK.. my exhaust hit the curb

under..

for now its like this.. right side is fine..

Looking good though!

Still to go in..

I put this in as a breather.. (and plugged the tube hole)

TOMMORROW i finally have time to attack the gremlins attacking my electrical system...

electrical problems thus far:
Horn doesnt work
radio not getting constant 12V
interior lights not working
oil pressure gauge pegged, but not connected?!
sometimes when i use turn signal, wipers go once ?

so ill get something tomorrow i hope.. if not.. ill just rewire stuff.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sucks. I did notice you welded your drain hole shut. That is not good as the condensation will build up and rot a hole in the muffler for sure. That hole is supposed to be there as mentioned before. Rick
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
actually i took that pic right before i drilled a hole back there but yea.. i didnt know that when we did it.. so its fixed
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok radio constant and interior lights were a fuse.. kool

other probs still there.. i think i want tach fixed first..

also.. i thghtened my TV cablke today cause i thought the car was shifting a bit late.. HOLY DIFFERENCE!! the ride is nice and smoth now! maybe ill get some better mpg now as well..
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good though!

Missing a couple in bathing suits.
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oil pressure gauge pegged, but not connected?!

The oil pressure gage pegs when you disconnect the sender. My 87 has a loose wire somewhere and will occasionally peg the gage when the circuit goes 'open'.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jerry, I'd just like to say I'm impressed. You've done a helluva job with Betty.

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thx im happy ive gotten this far but still a few leagues to go.. OPSU.. and other eletronic probs and ill be satisfied.. the its onto looks
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FINALLY found a headliner material i was happy with!

MUAHAHA

not bad for $6.
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hah! looks sweet! hell yea to rockin crazy headliners!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does it match the hair? LOL I have looked at some wild head liner material as well. My wife had to run me out of the store. Was thinking about a shaggy interior out of black.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock