Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Black Betty Build! (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Black Betty Build! by BobadooFunk
Started on: 08-28-2006 04:50 PM
Replies: 528 (28560 views)
Last post by: Formula on 07-01-2007 12:24 AM
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump, anyone got some extra parts?
IP: Logged
s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NO, I'm looking for parts for my GT. After that cat(girl) on a seat in the Girls with Fiero thread, you deserve this!

I hope you do get it running soon though.......
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TEA TIME

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No V6 parts. But PM me if you have a need for some parts for the four cylinder.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Relax! You've managed to suck all of the fun out of the room.

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how funny is it that as soon as i saw the mugs i have my white fiero mug facing the same direction... lol... what parts do you need?
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally_Mine_86_GT

4809 posts
Member since Sep 2006
you have a PM.
jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey man good job on the betty build in the snow I know how it is I was laying under mine in the 5" of ice and thats how I got sick for 5 weeks... are you serious about coming down to get those GFX? if you do and I am not in jail I'll hook you up on some stuff... and you can drive the beast
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:
Got the bracket (thanks to Back On Holiday) but it seems im missing some little piece(s)? anyone got em?

thats your throttle cable, attaches to your throttle body. the shifter cable is what goes there.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bump, anyone got some extra parts?

What do you need?

------------------
"Some days you eat the bear. Some days the bear eats you. But, ALWAYS dress for the hunt!"

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok UPDATED parts needed list

the hose that connects here..

whatever goes in here...

thats it for now! im almost there!!
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
edit: wrong description.

The hole in the second pic is where the IAC motor goes. Make sure it's cleaned out real good. I'm gonna be home in Buffalo this weekend and I'll see if I have one.

[This message has been edited by AkursedX (edited 02-28-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should have a good used IAC at home. I'll check tonight.

Not sure about that hose. I'll take a look at my car to get a better idea where it goes and go from there.
stephsformula

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stephsformulaSend a Private Message to stephsformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that hose goes to the air snorkle and I have the IAC if you need it still.S
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ok UPDATED parts needed list

whatever goes in here...

thats it for now! im almost there!!

I knew I shoulda sent you that working throttle body (kicks self) I threw it in with a lot of ebay stuff I sent out
you do have a trans shifter cable?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think so..

ill do a little bit on Betty tomorrow if i have time, ill atleast check the cable situation.. but other than that i got a headgasket/head/valve seal replacement to do
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What part?

Brad
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i needed the IAC thingy, but Formula88 is coming through with it! YAY!!

BTW.. who makes the " " " inside " decals? (like intel symbol.. usually say V8 or something..)

i think it would be nice to get a " PFF inside" one... kinda like the car is powered by all the awesomest people in the world.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THANKS FORMULA88!!

IAC in

Found the right cable.. it was hidden!

2 Manifolds lightly tightened on, and y pipe just sittin there.

ok so how does this go?

reapermedic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reapermedicSend a Private Message to reapermedicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a bracket that has a square hole in it. You run the cable through there and attach the other end to the throttle body.

------------------

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How goes it? Need anything else? How about Alex's car?

------------------
"Some days you eat the bear. Some days the bear eats you. But, ALWAYS dress for the hunt!"

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heres the bracket for the throttle body linkage:

PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Heres the bracket for the throttle body linkage:

hmm.. i may have it.. i may not.. ill check tomorrow before work...

so far im on hold due to weather yet again.. and thurs i have off.. but thats the day i replace Alex's head.. (lets hope it atleast 38+) boy did that thing but a bruise on our Daytona fund.. we may have to cut it short.. but we'll see..

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed by looking at your Y-pipe that is an '88 Y-pipe. They are a different length than the 85-87's. I don't know what your exhaust situation is, but the stock 85-87 exhaust will not fit with that y-pipe. Your best bet is to order the catback exhaust and an '88 specific straight pipe.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:

I noticed by looking at your Y-pipe that is an '88 Y-pipe. They are a different length than the 85-87's. I don't know what your exhaust situation is, but the stock 85-87 exhaust will not fit with that y-pipe. Your best bet is to order the catback exhaust and an '88 specific straight pipe.

If you have an 88 Y-pipe and an 85-87 exhaust, all you need to make them work is a replacement head pipe from the Fiero Store. Get the pipe that matches the year of your Y-pipe, and cut it to fit. (it's long enough to remove the catalytic converter, if desired).
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think the rest of the exhaust is from an 88 as well... will it be ok then? (it also already has cat cutout, just a pipe there, which is the way i wanted it)
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i think the rest of the exhaust is from an 88 as well... will it be ok then? (it also already has cat cutout, just a pipe there, which is the way i wanted it)

Yeah, that'll work just fine then.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, that's fine. The only real change is the location of where the Y-pipe connects to the rest of the exhaust. As long as the exhaust and Y-pipe are from the same year, you're good to go.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
free bump... wondering how things are moving.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nope, dont have that bracket!

did Alexs head today.. letting it sit overnight to settle
DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've got that throttle/cruise/kickdown (whatever!) cable bracket if no one closer comes up with one.

------------------
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out if it alive.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How'd the head job go? Everything look ok so far? (*fingers crossed* for a smooth trip to Daytona.... and back)
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jerry:
post some pics of the engine bay and list anything you might be missing, I still have some 2.8 stuff here I dont want to throw out.

lol just thought of something, maybe alex can do "Wheel of Fortune Vanna White" Style posing showing the items needed
jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That'll get the parts a flowin in like Katrina got New Orleans LMAO
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

How'd the head job go? Everything look ok so far? (*fingers crossed* for a smooth trip to Daytona.... and back)

Head job went well.. i took my time and tried to do everything right.

except... i thought i put the plug wires back on in the wrong place.. so i went to pull em off and rewire em, and the metal part on the distributor cap came off!! never seen that before! gotta grab a new cap today.. we'll find out later tonight if all went well...

ill also take pix later tonight too... i work till 9ish but after that its straight to the car!

big block fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2007 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for big block fieroSend a Private Message to big block fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Didn't know it has to settle. how long ? at what temputure ? Should I tow mine into a heated girage before I start it? or near A contruction site where earth movers are shaking the ground?

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have PM!
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post03-11-2007 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks Great! Keep it up!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 engine pix.. whats missing!? ( i have some things)

Look what i found...

Its attatched to this.. no idea...

Here she is!
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
o2 sensor not hooked up
egr tube not connected to under plenum
egr vacuum tube to top of mushroom not connected
coil missing

Look what i found...

Its attatched to this.. no idea...

thats your bracket, it loops around by the thermastat and to the throttle body, is that cable shot? looks like it to me.

can you take a pic of the firewall along the trunk side also please?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an entire 2.8 with every accessory, all working and looks pretty good. Everything under the decklid besides wiring and trans. If you need any parts at all let me know and you can have 'em.

[This message has been edited by RideZiLightning (edited 03-14-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock