Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Black Betty Build! (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Black Betty Build! by BobadooFunk
Started on: 08-28-2006 04:50 PM
Replies: 528 (28560 views)
Last post by: Formula on 07-01-2007 12:24 AM
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
6 freeking degres. couldnt even walk TO the garage...

oooo and i might take you up on that offer!! cause it SURE needs it... (sunroof)

impatiently waiting warmer weather...
IP: Logged
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

shoot.. i dont that that TOP peice.. to hold the box down..

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how many parts are you going to have this weekend that need to be put in? do you have an outlet in the garage?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no outlet, but i run a few extensions cords from the house out to the garage and im not sure how many parts yet.. maybe we should wait till the weekend after? in hopes of warmer temps and more parts?
DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there anyone close to Bobadoo who has a good kerosene or propane heater he can borrow?
I feel his pain, even working in 20 to 30 degree temps sux, nothing worse than banging a knuckle in freezing temp except maybe trying to get a hard to reach bolt or nut started!

Someone has to have an extra heater they could spare for a couple of weeks!

------------------
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out if it alive.

[This message has been edited by DRA (edited 02-06-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have to check my storage but i'm going to see if i can find one of my space hearers... they work great and less of a fire hazard.
DRA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

i have to check my storage but i'm going to see if i can find one of my space hearers... they work great and less of a fire hazard.

A kerosene or propane heater would be much more efficient and is no more of a fire hazard than an electric space heater if used properly, but right now I would say he just needs whatever he can get to help make the work environment a little better. It's rediculous to even try and work in those temps.
Finally_Mine_86_GT, help get this guy hooked up with something to make the job a little more bearable.
stephsformula

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stephsformulaSend a Private Message to stephsformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like someone really really wants to work on a car.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i do o yea and the heater thing.. would help a bit.. but this is a problem...

roof in garage.. 2 big holes..
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that's nothing that some plastic garbage bags and some duct tape wont fix. then the little space heater i have will heat that place right up... i'll try to look for it tomorrow.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

i do o yea and the heater thing.. would help a bit.. but this is a problem...

roof in garage.. 2 big holes..

Those will buff right out.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Relax! You've managed to suck all of the fun out of the room.

PFF
System Bot
s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think a building stability check is iin order....If the roof falls, the fiero would suffer!

I hope you get it going soon.

Brian
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a Garage you could let a good fart go and not to worry to bother anyone around you jk lol...Dear God I hope she hold up for you ..and not to get hurt in there ..I wish you all well whit your car to get it finish ..I hope it warm up for you soon ...Rob

[This message has been edited by Newbfiero (edited 02-09-2007).]

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hmm... that would be awesome... Back On Holiday.. any chance those extra parts will be here by then ?

no, sorry I got the auto cable selector holder a few hours ago at the junkyard, it will all go out this monday I promise. did you need the air cleaner cap? how about the nut that goes to seal it? you still need pics of how the one part of it mounts?

antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i feel his pain about the cold
im to cheap to buy a space heater so i just wear 3-4 layers
tight shirt big shirt hoodie coat
sweats trackpants jeans
2 socks per foot and boots
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

no, sorry I got the auto cable selector holder a few hours ago at the junkyard, it will all go out this monday I promise. did you need the air cleaner cap? how about the nut that goes to seal it? you still need pics of how the one part of it mounts?

no pix needed.. now that i looked at that par i know how it goes... i think id need the 2 that hold that peice on, that peice, and whatever else i told you... i have he nut and top

and no worries! still too cold!! all i need is ONE DAY~! on day of nice weather and ill get a bunch done..

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just so theres no confusion, let me know which color part you need, dont want to send you stuff you dont need.

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
need green+orange

any chance of a list of parts? so i know what i need/am getting...
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
UGH... ok i TRIED so HARD to work on the car today... ( i also had to change Alex's oil..) we had a heat wave... 23 degrees...

then this

the end of the brand new Rodney bolt broke off.... and it sucks. i dont blame the product, i hold Rodneys quality high.. but i bet it was the cold.. cause i was no where near overtightening.. as of right now the end is stuck in the socket.. and the socket isnt hollow so i cant poke it out.. now i hope that if i just tighten the nut, itll be ok...

tomorrow is supposed to be 30-32.. ill try yet again.. gonna put the top intake on i think..
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

its all packed up and goes out tomorrow!
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man I really hope it warms up soon! poor Jerry comes in everyday stompin and throwing things cause it's so cold out! .....i reaaallly cant wait till Daytona!
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm going to try and make it out there soon... i'll look again for that space heater tomorrow.

by the way there is a trick to get them to go in without the tip on it... put one nut on a little way down but leave threads on bothends of the nut... thread a second nut on it, back the first one out and tighten the second one till they meet.. now just slowly tighten the outer nut... when your done and you have the stud torqued simply put a open end wrench on the inner nut and back out withthe outer nut... easy...right?

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 02-11-2007).]

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I hope evrything work out for him ,the warm weather and all
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well. ive discovered that the alternator is the worst thing to do in a Fiero. ever.

(but i also did it without moving the tie rod )

Garage

Ater taking off tire i also saw this..

It was still cold.. ice on my breaker bar..

after 3 hours i had it in!

well thats all i got done in the 31 degree heat wave... i dont think shell be ready for daytona but maybe Carlisle? (we'll take Alex's to Daytona..)
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The flu hit me like a brick wall 3am monday morning and after a visit to the doc office at 11am monday, returning home at 1pm I just woke up at 10:30am tuesday. (well, a few other tinkle breaks and a call to the boss) feel alot better, hoping to catch ups today... that goes for everyone I promised shipments too, sorry.

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 02-13-2007).]

DRA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well. ive discovered that the alternator is the worst thing to do in a Fiero. ever.
Ater taking off tire i also saw this..

Have you got replacement bolt/nuts for the struts? If you can pick up part# AK30 from monroe, they are replacement cam bolts. They aren't very expensive, $7.44 at www.autopartsgiant.com , they should be available at most parts stores.
Otherwise I know someone has to have some decent ones laying around, I'm sure I could scrape a few up if I could figure out how to get them shipped.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRA:

Have you got replacement bolt/nuts for the struts? If you can pick up part# AK30 from monroe, they are replacement cam bolts. They aren't very expensive, $7.44 at www.autopartsgiant.com , they should be available at most parts stores.
Otherwise I know someone has to have some decent ones laying around, I'm sure I could scrape a few up if I could figure out how to get them shipped.

yea i got a few round here...

DRA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yea i got a few round here...

Great!
Anything to update?
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today we got 5+ inches of snow and its currently dumping a good inch freezing rain...

It is supposed to be in the 40s next week though!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

Today we got 5+ inches of snow and its currently dumping a good inch freezing rain...

It is supposed to be in the 40s next week though!

^^what he said ^^

dem74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dem74Send a Private Message to dem74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump, anything new?
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
visitors here currently.. but next week is supposed to be all warm weather. the only thing i can think of that i need is the OPSU connector...

starting fri (depending on weather) i should have alot of progress but i also have to do another headgasket+head change to Alexs Fiero
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry i haven't gotten back to you sooner but my space heater is shot... not sure why but i have it torn apart trying to get it working... i'll let you know how i do with that.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

sorry i haven't gotten back to you sooner but my space heater is shot... not sure why but i have it torn apart trying to get it working... i'll let you know how i do with that.

meh no biggie.. weather is supposed to warm up here.. im patient.. we are taking Alex's car to Daytona.. som im just doing what i can, when i can! and now thanks to Back On Holiday, i can do alot soon!!

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My camera ran outta battery juice in 5 mins.. so you gotta deal w/cell pics..

the garage had a sheet of ice for a floor almost had a few spills..

air box+bracket all in!

here is my power cable, under back exhaust manifold (opposite trunk side) i hope its connected to all the right cables...

this connector is near driver.. what is it for?

What goes here?

Got the bracket (thanks to Back On Holiday) but it seems im missing some little piece(s)? anyone got em?

This is about where she stands All vaccum hoses connected, fuel lines, newer distributor, MAP sensor, top manifold has all of the bolts hand tightened for now..

also.. there is an outlet on the lower intake where does in connect to? and does anyone have THAT hose? (to the right of distributor)

i also took the seats out to put on these REAL nice covers i got from Gordo+Big Red long ago

OK! so need some answers (and parts) so you guys can yell at me to get back to work!!

monday and tues will be dedicated to finally replacing Alex's head in her Fiero though

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 02-25-2007).]

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

O2 sensor connector

the idle air control valve goes into the hole next to the coolant hose (if that's what you were asking)

also.. there is an outlet on the lower intake where does in connect to? and does anyone have THAT hose? (to the right of distributor)

cold start injector or idle air tube (goes into the back of the throttle body) unless you're talking about something else

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Bobadoo,

Keep plugging away and you will soon have your sunny reward !

Weather is absolutely perfect here.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well its already decided, we are going no matter what, but we're taking Alexs car.. Betty needs to much..

this is the tube, i dont see where it connects too... and i need the actual hose..

and whatever the IAC thing is, i need that too!

getting ever closer!!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
o yea!

Seats before!

then we got rid of the garbage

Seats now!! YAY!!
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, that is for the idle air tube- it connects into the back of the throttle body, just below the upper plenum. And no, I don't have a extra one laying around, sorry. BTW, the seats look good
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock