Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Black Betty Build! (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Black Betty Build! by BobadooFunk
Started on: 08-28-2006 04:50 PM
Replies: 528 (28555 views)
Last post by: Formula on 07-01-2007 12:24 AM
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
needs? (pics posted public cuz my isp is taking a major crap recently and cant tell if they are showing up in PM)

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 01-28-2007).]

IP: Logged
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2007 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hang in there! I'm getting to sending you those parts! I've been running all over the state trying to take care of school and getting my car running again. I'm very very close and as soon as that's out of the way I'll have some time to send you a big box of parts.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

needs? (pics posted public cuz my isp is taking a major crap recently and cant tell if they are showing up in PM)

Are these parts that Jerry needs, or parts you have to offer?

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pics are for jerry so he can figure out what he needs and if he is missing any bolts etc.... talked to him an hour ago and the auto trans stuff he might need/
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok... after FREEZING for quite some time... i did what i could, and looked for what i needed.
this is what it looks like outside..

tranny, this is all i got.

and just a bunch of pix! tell me what is missing!

i put plenum there for a minute just to see where things connected and get an idea of where things went etc..

made me feel sooo close

k things i have aside at the moment:
ign. coil
oil filter
plug wires
exhaust (manifolds, gaskets, and hardware, i got it all)
egr valve
egr tube
ign. coil mounting brackets
air box
(and Back on Holiday, i do have the tube to the air intake tube you can see it in the pix)

i know i need some of the auto tranny stuff. i also need to see how all of the cables hook up, all the brackets + such.
like i said i need OPSU connector, MAP sensor, and i think i am need of a newer distributor... mine is a peice of rust.. wish i could buy a new/refurbed one.. and the exhaust welding will be the worst part of all of this...that = $$ but im gonna call around once i get to that point..

off to clean the house and do some laundry!

------------------

See my lame film creations..
See F-I-E-R-O's Fiero store!
Please help me bring Betty back to life!! i need free parts and tech help!
Black Betty Build

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 01-28-2007).]

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

the only things I see you need are circled here. do you have the air filter canister also the rubber tube connects to?
you need a map sensor also, distributor & looks like your metal coolant lines going to the throttle body are badly corroded.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
if anybody else see's anything missing my eyes missed please speak up, jerry gets first dibs from my 2.8 stuff that I dont need anymore and then the rest is going to the Mall and out to ebay if not sold here.

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Emc209i:

Hang in there! I'm getting to sending you those parts! I've been running all over the state trying to take care of school and getting my car running again. I'm very very close and as soon as that's out of the way I'll have some time to send you a big box of parts.

hey man dont worry about it.. i got some parts on the way and others comin... im just running out of time! thanks for the offer though
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Back on holiday, you mean the actual housing? i have that.. but otherwise, what you see is it!
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post01-29-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:
hey man dont worry about it.. i got some parts on the way and others comin... im just running out of time! thanks for the offer though

Ok.. I'm sorry I couldn't get them out sooner!
jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bobadoo,

do you have the brackets that the air filter sit on so that you can hook the tube up to the air cleaner housing? and also reading this thread has helped me understand all of the sensors and such that I need to fix as they look like trash and also helped me with an issue I was having....

chris
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jack_ink:

Bobadoo,

do you have the brackets that the air filter sit on so that you can hook the tube up to the air cleaner housing? and also reading this thread has helped me understand all of the sensors and such that I need to fix as they look like trash and also helped me with an issue I was having....

chris

glad this thread helped someone!! thats kinda a hope i had

brackets, not sure..

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dont need circled, or wires, cap+rotor i got new, and i have a TB.

woo! i may have it near running by sat if all goes well..
------------------

See my lame film creations..
See F-I-E-R-O's Fiero store!
Please help me bring Betty back to life!! i need free parts and tech help!
Black Betty Build

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 01-29-2007).]

DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see yours is also coming together!
I'm just shooting for getting the cradle back under mine this weekend, maybe try to get her running the next weekend.

------------------
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out if it alive.

[This message has been edited by DRA (edited 01-30-2007).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*fingers crossed*

Keep us posted. We want to see that baby running!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got a video cam? a youtube would be better.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone got a spare 12 point 13mm socket?
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In what 3/8 or 1/2 drive
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For the intake plenum? You can use a box end wrench.
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I would sent you one but am not next door lol and it will take some time to get there .and is it a deep socket or just standard one ..Don,t you just love the question am asking lol

[This message has been edited by Newbfiero (edited 02-01-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

For the intake plenum? You can use a box end wrench.

yep top plenum it is! hmm.. didnt even think of that!! altho i cannot get to proper torque tho but i guess itll do...

3/8's drive
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3/8 ok I look it up and sent you one .. I still got your addy here some where It will be there sometime .and you,ll have it for the Next time around ...Rob
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its has been sent out ..Later Rob
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
alternator received!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gice me a PM BobadooFunk
when you got a chance ..Rob
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you mean 12 point 10mm socket right?

btw I held your stuff, ima try and get a shift cable fastener clip from the junkyard tomorrow for you and ship your stuff monday.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
doh I think ur right... (1am and im tired)
DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

alternator received!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

Suprised it got there that quickly! Hope it helps get you going.

I'm thinking about trying to put my cradle back in tomorrow (if I can talk Surge into it!). Might be back on the road next weekend, you better get busy.

------------------
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out if it alive.

[This message has been edited by DRA (edited 07-29-2008).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRA:

Suprised it got there that quickly! Hope it helps get you going.

I'm thinking about trying to put my cradle back in tomorrow (if I can talk Surge into it!). Might be back on the road next weekend, you better get busy.

well.. it might be another 2 weeks before i can try to start it.. gotta get oil, coolant, air filter, and whatever else... after this check, me and Alex have $10 for 2 weeks... and an empty fridge.. but im gonna see if one of my jobs will pay me cash (they have before..) so much to do! so little time!!

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well.. it might be another 2 weeks before i can try to start it.. gotta get oil, coolant, air filter, and whatever else... after this check, me and Alex have $10 for 2 weeks... and an empty fridge.. but im gonna see if one of my jobs will pay me cash (they have before..) so much to do! so little time!!

I have a brand new stock 2.8 air filter (penske) that someone gave to me at carlisle a couple years ago I was gunna throw in your box, that should save you a couple more $
PFF
System Bot
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If its the wrong size of socket no worry .you may need a 13 mm Craftman 12 piont sometime in the future .keep it its just me sometime am to fast to ship lol ..Rob
88GT5.0KILLER
From: Watching a once great nation become a 3rd world slum. The power of stockpiles of ammo.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
User Banned

Report this Post02-03-2007 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT5.0KILLERSend a Private Message to 88GT5.0KILLEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

10.00 for 2 weeks huh? WOW.

Good thing ramen noodles are still cheaper than a 1.00

PM me your addy where you want items sent.
Later

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nevermind

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 02-03-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i went back out there, armed with a hair dryer. yes. a hair dryer.

worked as long as i could before limbs went numb, then used the hairdryer to warm em up.

but after my feet went numb 3 times, that was it for me.. getting angry cold...

but i did get the alt bracket out, cleaned and organized everything(which was much needed) started to put front exhaust manifold on once i discovered you HAVE to go through the wheel well to put the alt on... brought the alt+bracket in the house along with all the hardware ive got.. gotta find the 2 bolts for the alt.. then figure out which bolts are the right ones for the bracket.. brought the top intake in too... gotta clean it up a bit...

tomorrow hopefully im getting my exhaust welded !! (fellow forum member!)

now im off to go get Alex from work...

o yea... i tried to get the airbox mounted.. i dont understand how it bolts up?? anyone got pix of how it mounts? and i also need pix or the wiring harness, where the battery wire connects to it, and there are 2 grounds nearby... under the back manifold. i got a new POS bat cable and lost the old one, so im not sure if its hooked up right?!

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 02-03-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a thought... if you have an inclosed space to work i have a few space heaters and plenty of cord... if you want the help friday and saturday me and my brother-in-law could possibly make it out there to help get your car done. let me know.

Dave
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

just a thought... if you have an inclosed space to work i have a few space heaters and plenty of cord... if you want the help friday and saturday me and my brother-in-law could possibly make it out there to help get your car done. let me know.

Dave

hmm... that would be awesome... Back On Holiday.. any chance those extra parts will be here by then ?
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i hope i'm not way overdue for this but i just found it and thout you could use it. thanks goes to 2BlueSC.com and Jazzman...
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
already got it one also comes with the SS lines i bought from rodney
stephsformula

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stephsformulaSend a Private Message to stephsformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
glad to hear your getting the exhaust welded soon.I know your still working on the engine and mech. side of things and I dont know what kind of shape your interior is in but in the future I thought I would offer up a new ready to install headliner and visors for just the cost of materials and shipping.Keep at it,shes looking great.S.

------------------
88 Formula
86 GT

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock