Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Black Betty Build! (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Black Betty Build! by BobadooFunk
Started on: 08-28-2006 04:50 PM
Replies: 528 (28560 views)
Last post by: Formula on 07-01-2007 12:24 AM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2006 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bobadoo, if you need any gray interior stuff, let me know. I have some things lying around looking for a good home. Rather see it go to good use than lay around gathering dust.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

IP: Logged
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do i NEED to wrap the new egr tube with heat stuff?

tomorrow i plan on doing some more work.. coolant hose, alt bracket, dogbone bracket, and putting the new frame to cradle bolts on, but i cant do much else till i figue out some vaccum hose solution..

also, setting the timing...? how do i know while the notch is at the mark (on the crank pulley) if it is in first rotation or 2nd?
OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

do i NEED to wrap the new egr tube with heat stuff?

tomorrow i plan on doing some more work.. coolant hose, alt bracket, dogbone bracket, and putting the new frame to cradle bolts on, but i cant do much else till i figue out some vaccum hose solution..

also, setting the timing...? how do i know while the notch is at the mark (on the crank pulley) if it is in first rotation or 2nd?

Sorry I did not back to you sooner on the EGR but I ran into car problems of my own, unfortunatly I was unable to find the EGR I removed from my GT.
As far as timeing goes you need to have the #1 cylinder at compression, to find this remove the spark plug and disconnect the wireharnest to the fuel injectors so no fuel is sprayed. Then put your finger over the spark plug hole and have someone just tap the key as if to start the car but not to keep the engine under rotation, just quick on off turns. What you will be doing if feeling for pressure (piston at top dead center) now check the timeing mark, should be the thicker grove on the balancer and rotate the engine untill you see that make at the zero mark on your timeing indicatior, you should now be at TDC (top dead center) if not you might be 180 degrees out and will just have to rotate the engine one full rotation and then try to set timeing from there. If car startes for a brief sec then you are inthe right area and need to play with the distributor to get the car started, if not like I said you might be 180 degrees out on timeing.
spad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spadClick Here to visit spad's HomePageSend a Private Message to spadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to help you a bit: http://spad.sytes.net/fiero/engine.php

There's no EGR on those pictures becouse it's deleted (hardware + ECM software). Valve covers can be polished and it sure looks pretty cool. I would recomment to clean everything well and not to use so much RTV sealant. There is places where it's needed, but generally, do not put it anywhere else. Gaskets is for sealing.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I HAVE NOT GIVIN UP!! but even MORE bad circumstances+ work came up .... and delayed things

Thermostat housing on and sealed.

i need these 2 sensors, but Clint is helping me out there..

Cold start is on, thanks for bolt size!!!

Hoses to thermo housing and water pump,,,

still waiting for my exhaust and egr tube from 2 other forum members!

am gonna try to do more tomorrow!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sheesh... ace hardware (key word, hardware) doesnt have bolts i need!
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like you are in need of a few sensors, fan switch, etc
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

looks like you are in need of a few sensors, fan switch, etc

yea clint is gonna try to see what he has and help me get as much stuff as possible

finding bolts is still a PITA!!

anyone got a nice exhaust bolt set, plus some of the ones that go just above those, on the head, that hold down brackets and such?

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 10-04-2006).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yea clint is gonna try to see what he has and help me get as much stuff as possible

finding bolts is still a PITA!!

anyone got a nice exhaust bolt set, plus some of the ones that go just above those, on the head, that hold down brackets and such?

sounds like you just need a spare parts engine - i've got one you could have but no time to take it to you -

as for the exhaust bolts.. I highly recommend getting brand new studs from the help section at the local parts store.. bolts are ok but if they seize you have no way out - studds can come off two different ways.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact Rodney Dickman for the exhaust bolts. He has a stud kit for them. It's not too expensive, and with the stud kit, you run a much smaller chance of breaking something next time you have to pull a manifold.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see your still progressing, if you missed this thread you might be interested.
Black GT not too far from you.... goodluck

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/062018.html
PFF
System Bot
fierojunky

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierojunkySend a Private Message to fierojunkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jerry, Check your PM's!
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you start needing certin sensors and parts pm me most you can have for the price of shipping

------------------

COMING SOON: 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, Fierojunky may be my savior through all of this.... i may end up with the posession of the engine!! that should have everything i need!! i will know as soon as he calls me. then i will have more pix and progress that reaches completion!!
OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just in time for me to find that EGR that you needed from a while back lol. Well it seems I did not get rid of it and still have one for you, let me know, I putit where I could find it this time.
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2006 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any news?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not to much so far... ive got plugs,wires, and i ordered the stud kit from rodney.. i still need a bunch of misc parts.... mainly newer exhaust manifolds.. im also gonna buy the stainless steel hose kit from rodney... ill post a more detailed list of what i need soon... but i still need all those sensors...
Tommys86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tommys86Send a Private Message to Tommys86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are the cars coming Jerry? Make me a list of what you need as I am pulling a 2.8 outta an extra car. Its about time I do an engine swap. I miss that damn car. Need some more pics of her! Hope you get her together soon.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2006 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NEEDS!

EGR valve and bolts
Sensors next to thermostat housing on lower plenum (check thread)
Mounting stuff for ignition coil
little cap for pressure on fuel rail
fuel vapor canister
an exhaust manifold
more hardware that is impossible to find?!?!? the bigger ground bolts (look like manifold bolts only 15mm instead of 13mm)

PARTS!

Polished egr tube, new exhaust manifold bolts, stainless steel vaccum lines, plugs, and wires. Exhaust is on its way!

next day off of work i shall do what i can!

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2006 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump.. anyone have parts to donate?
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2006 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bump.. anyone have parts to donate?

Whadya need? I'm sure I have something you could use.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

PFF
System Bot
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2006 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you want to pick them up and take them off you can have the parts you need
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I've seen so far, I might suggest taking a wire brush and cleaning some of what ever you can then hitting it with either a good engine paint or WD-40 as long as you're in there... Keep up the good work! Nice to see both of you so into this project!

------------------
Great Fiero & PFF Apparel and Accessories...

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NEEDS!

EGR valve and bolts
Sensors next to thermostat housing on lower plenum (check thread)
fuel vapor canister
an exhaust manifold
more hardware that is impossible to find?!?!? the bigger ground bolts (look like manifold bolts only 15mm instead of 13mm)

FormulaGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a used egr valve that was operable when replaced. Recently passed smog with it. If you want it I'll ship it to you no charge. P.M. me if you want it with your address.
Todd
stephsformula

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stephsformulaSend a Private Message to stephsformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I included the egr with the y-pipe sent last week.S
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stephsformula:

I included the egr with the y-pipe sent last week.S

awesome! didnt know that!

i also need exhaust manifold heat shield for trunk side
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey wadeduck... i can use some grey interior parts if he doesn't need them...lol... but i do have the donut gasket and bolts to match up the y-pipe to the cat converter... i don't know how complete the exhaust was for you. let me know if you need the bolts and gasket. (still in the packages from the fiero store)
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more stuff!
PCV valve+breather, fuel filter, coolant temp sensor, o2 sensor, my first light!, and a much needed extension cord.

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 11-21-2006).]

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Bobadoo....did you see this ad in the mall? Car is located in Pittsburgh....

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/034724.html
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks! i put up a reply and we'll see what happens...

did some indoor stuff...

i need one more end..? anyone wanna send me one.. should be like $.39 in an envelope

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 11-24-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BobadooFunk,
do you need those exhaust parts i was talking about earlier? y-pipe to cat gasket and bolts.
stephsformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stephsformulaSend a Private Message to stephsformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He wont need them as I included them with the rest of the exhaust.S
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and i recieved it today! tanks much! cant wait to have her running!!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
lines

nice exhaust!

bolts i need!!

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
more stuff... cap+rotor, thermostat, fan switch, and some tools i needed.

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BLECH! i forgot how much i hate wiring !

New fan switch

i did the wiring for a while but have no idea where alot goes.. so i came in to look at pix i have from other members... might go back out later.. i hate dark at 5....

updated list of needs:
fuel vapor canister
trunk side exhaust manifold
the bolts ( i think 15mm double kind.. i have a pic above of where it goes..)
alternator (ill probably buy a new one.. but this list is for me as well)
stephsformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stephsformulaSend a Private Message to stephsformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I have a trunk side manifold I'll donate. You just cover the shipping.S.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stephsformula:

Hey, I have a trunk side manifold I'll donate. You just cover the shipping.S.

deal! pm me the cost + ill paypal asap!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
well so far i think ill have those parts soon due to staphsformula! if anyone can give her a + plz do!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock