Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Black Betty Build! (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Black Betty Build! by BobadooFunk
Started on: 08-28-2006 04:50 PM
Replies: 528 (28558 views)
Last post by: Formula on 07-01-2007 12:24 AM
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put the design on my shop for anyone that wants it. There's zero markup on this, I don't feel right charging for it. Enjoy!

There's a lot of different styles for men and women with lots of colors to chose from!

Please visit My Fiero Store for unique Fiero Merchandise- If you'd like to have something custom made for yourself or your club to be included in the store, let me know!

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 06-06-2007).]

IP: Logged
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm, round-trip flight for me is only like $300.... I'll have to wait and see what happens the next few days, I'll check my work schedule. maybe I can stay the weekend. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to bring any of my tools.
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wait WHAT!!! no no no non ononnonoono

no.

thats just not right.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:
Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to bring any of my tools.

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:
wait WHAT!!! no no no non ononnonoono

no.

thats just not right.

I know! He SHOULD bring his own tools!

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

I know! He SHOULD bring his own tools!

omfg those t-shirts are awesome!
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Party at Bobadoo's on the 30th. BYOB & BYOB. Bring your own beer & bring your own B!tch cause you can't have either of mine. LOL J/K I can't be there but I will be watching. Hope it all goes as planned.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2007 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Party at Bobadoo's on the 30th. BYOB & BYOB. Bring your own beer & bring your own B!tch cause you can't have either of mine. LOL J/K I can't be there but I will be watching. Hope it all goes as planned.

Bring your own bed. Wish I could make it.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2007 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to work around my work schedule to make this happen. I'll keep you updated. I have plenty of tools and such so that won't be a problem -Jason
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2007 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys should set up a webcam and stream it to my website so we can all watch you guys work
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2007 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I should be there.......tools in hand! Am going to head out part-way on Friday night, find a place to crash, Finish the trip in the a.m. and start ripping and tearing. I will need your address so I can mapquest it for the local stuff. I will be heading back saturday evening, find a place to crash, and finish the ride on Sunday morning. Has anyone developed a list of the stuff we are going to need to bring along? Any extra parts we might need?
Clint

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2007 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClintClick Here to visit Clint's HomePageSend a Private Message to ClintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hrrrm... I might be able to make this. My soon-to-be ex-wife should have off that weekend and can possibly watch the children. What time would things be starting on Saturday? Can you PM me your address so I can plot a course?
-clint
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2007 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on being there first thing in the morning, 8am or so but if anyone shows up after that I doubt you'll get turned away!

im going to take pics of the engine and also remove it from the car this saturday.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok so should i request off sat+sun, or sun+mon? sat+sun would be better.. i gotta know by tomorrow! wow this is going to be a crazy month!

ok boys!

237 S Mathilda
Pittsburgh PA 15224
apt 1
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why is it all the good deals on cars are too far away on the west coast and all the good samaritans are all to far away on the east coast??? i cant wait to see the outcome...tim
xgamefan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xgamefanSend a Private Message to xgamefanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! fiero guys comin together to resurect another fiero. Doesn't this thread just want to make you break out in song...Whoa, Black Betty (Bam-ba-Lam)
Whoa, Black Betty (Bam-ba-Lam)

Black Betty had a child (Bam-ba-Lam)
The damn thing gone wild (Bam-ba-Lam)
She said, "I'm worryin' outta mind" (Bam-ba-Lam)
The damn thing gone blind (Bam-ba-Lam)
I said Oh, Black Betty (Bam-ba-Lam)

Oh, Black Betty (Bam-ba-Lam)

She really gets me high (Bam-ba-Lam)
You know that's no lie (Bam-ba-Lam)
She's so rock steady (Bam-ba-Lam)
And she's always ready (Bam-ba-Lam)

She's from Birmingham (Bam-ba-Lam)
Way down in Alabam' (Bam-ba-Lam)
Well, she's shakin' that thing (Bam-ba-Lam)
Boy, she makes me sing (Bam-ba-Lam)
Whoa, Black Betty
BAM-BA-LAM
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be able to make it.

If a lot of people are coming I could get us parking for free fairly easily

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 06-08-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YA i was going to mention that this IS Pittsburgh!

this is gonna be a LOT of fun
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
AH something i just remembered! if anyone has extra decent e brake parts laying around... the one on there is gone..
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Console piece is on the way. Hope it survives the trip. When it arrives, you'll understand why I never went into gift wrapping as a profession.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todays removal of the Donor engine:

Here she sits:

Who's that? oh, my son.... he's taking the trans bracket bolts off the getrag

using my dads jack, we jacked up the car to allow the cherry pickers legs to go under the cradle.

heres my help posing for the camera as the entire assembly dangles.

Heres Zachary helping me remove parts that arent needed (18mm trans to engine bolt)

once the trans is removed, now for the flywheel & clutch:

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Empty engine bay:

Full van, now to get home....

PFF
System Bot
xsrage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xsrageSend a Private Message to xsrageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to be there just to see this happen. People ask me all the time "why Fieros??" Well you wont see this with the pony cars, ricers etc. Fiero guys want everyone to have a nice car and share knowledge, parts and effort. Awesome...
Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2007 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out the top! Wow, nice job! Looks like a real load in that minivan though. How about a photo from the side?
Boominator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2007 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gordo:

Out the top! Wow, nice job!

Just what I was thinking. Proof that it can be done...without breaking the back window!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2007 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just have to take off the deck.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2007 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure that engine is secured properly for transportation. You don't want to risk any damage to it or your vehicle from it shifting around while you drive.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2007 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gordo:

Out the top! Wow, nice job! Looks like a real load in that minivan though. How about a photo from the side?

out the top is difficult, but I would not try it with the auto trans. I had to remove the alt and ac brackets when it got snagged on the decklid hinge assembly.
will post some more pics later this afternoon.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2007 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Originally posted by avengador1:

Make sure that engine is secured properly for transportation. You don't want to risk any damage to it or your vehicle from it shifting around while you drive.

we jammed the old boom box and stuff between it and a thick rubber mat on the other side and took it very easy on the way home from my parents. I will build a support system for transport to pittsburgh.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep this thread going. Also, Bobadoo, did the console piece arrive yet? Please please please tell me it arrived in one piece.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone should videotape the weeekend engine thrash.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Bump to keep this thread going. Also, Bobadoo, did the console piece arrive yet? Please please please tell me it arrived in one piece.

yea... i got it.. guess what happened..

PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yea... i got it.. guess what happened..

Dammit dammit dammit It's brokided?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

http://www.youtube.com/watc...mode=related&search=

ROFLMAO!!!
Damn Jerry, you said you got promoted to Magager finally but, this was not what I had pictured.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BAH thats nothing... ive worn it in NYC, ive skated in it.. made a few vid clips with it.. and possibly someday soon.. a short motion picture
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BAH thats nothing... ive worn it in NYC, ive skated in it.. made a few vid clips with it.. and possibly someday soon.. a short motion picture

Please please please tell me it's not going to be P0rn. LOL

I have seen enough bananas in those movies as it is! hehehehe

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 06-15-2007).]

KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boominator:

Just what I was thinking. Proof that it can be done...without breaking the back window!

If you remove the trunk hinges, water pump housing, and alternator, even the Iron Duke can come out the top.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i removed a 2.8 from the top on my car. just the engine and left the trans connected.

was smooth as butter.

------------------

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jerry, you've been quiet lately!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock