Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Black Betty Build! (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Black Betty Build! by BobadooFunk
Started on: 08-28-2006 04:50 PM
Replies: 528 (28560 views)
Last post by: Formula on 07-01-2007 12:24 AM
BekaintaFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey jerry, im really glad to see shes getting there and stuff... but i dont want to have to do crazy stuff to try and get a hold of you but i know your gonna see this. please just email me back and tell me whats going on. im not trying to say anything crazy, im just all business sucka! well i hope bettys up and running soon and i really really miss my fiero and just remeber who has the title...

[This message has been edited by BekaintaFunk (edited 05-27-2007).]

IP: Logged
drumwzrd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2007 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
?????......HHHMMM........Thats a crappy way to call someone out.....
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea... im just gonna ignore that... waste of my thread. there are 3-4 other ways to contact me..
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like you two didn't part on good terms....

any word on betty? the paint looks pretty nice on her out in the sun.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bobadoo, today I was crawling under the formula for about 4 hours and I was wondering how your's was coming the entire time. How is it coming?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still nothing, they better call me tomorrow... i just drove by and shes still outside..
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about that place across the street? Why not give them a call and see what they can do to get her in? One thing about finding a good shop is building a relationship with the guys that own it. There's always been something about Pep Boys that never sat well with me since the last time I found myself in a dire situation and had them work on one of my Fieros in PA... What ever you decide, make sure you ask to see any parts they claim to replace should it come to that. Even if it's spark plugs... actually, especially if it's spark plugs. With replacing them being a kind of a pain in the neck on the back side, I'd want to know for sure that they did. Maybe even make sure that the ones they do show you are the same brand that you found in Betty.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dashed-one. it almost sounds like a prime opportunity to Overhaul Betty...
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Dashed-one. it almost sounds like a prime opportunity to Overhaul Betty...

HA dont i wish.. ive got like 3 weeks to get her road worthy. then shes my DD...

o yea i just dorve by and shes no longer in the lot.. so im just waiting for the call..

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 05-28-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
GAAAHHH!!!!

they just called.

#6 cyl.. 45psi

all others are all over the place...

SOAB

they said ill probably have to tear it back apart...

could be heads, gaskets, bent valves, or bad engine they said (gaskets are new..)

UGGH!

so... about that... this may be the end of this thread for a while.. im just gonna call school and see if i can start later in the year

ill start a new thread for the car eventually..

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't let them do any more!

I've got a lead on a 4 cyl around here that could be had for about $700. Silver Notchie, the interior is in excellent condition, the exterior is pretty decent with a passenger side fender that has a crack in it (comes with replacement) and rear quarter that has a small crack in it. All it needs is to have the alternator replaced. Come on Jerry, let us help! If you sell parts off your black car such as the fastback clip... you should be able to cover the price of the car!

PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Don't let them do any more!

no no they arent doing any work, they were just diagnosing... and the results suck.

drumwzrd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2007 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even though I live in California, I have a few leads on motors your way. One is in New York and the other is in Ambler,Pa.....the problem is that the even though the Ambler one is in your state, they will not ship it to you so you have to pick it up....let me see what I can do......Both are 2.8L 6cyl. The one in Ambler came from a 5 speed and is just the motor and the one in New York is an automatic and comes with the tranny attached.....again, let me see what I can do for you.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by drumwzrd:

Even though I live in California, I have a few leads on motors your way. One is in New York and the other is in Ambler,Pa.....the problem is that the even though the Ambler one is in your state, they will not ship it to you so you have to pick it up....let me see what I can do......Both are 2.8L 6cyl. The one in Ambler came from a 5 speed and is just the motor and the one in New York is an automatic and comes with the tranny attached.....again, let me see what I can do for you.

i have no way to put a new motor in.. no way to move things none of necessary tools.. etc.. i appreciate the offer though..

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
IVE GOT AN IDEA!!

its crazy

and iffy

but IT JUST MIGHT WORK!!

ill need alot of help!!

Formula? ill need that lil gift from ya asap!!!
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd bet dollars to dimes the compression problem is due to the valve lash not being quite right.
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whatever you do. don't delay going to school. get there, however you have to. take the public bus or taxi. after you get there you can find people to carpool with. i did it for years until i got on my feet. i'd ride to school with classmates, ride home and go to work all night (janitor)....look at me now! well.....i made it to school anyway....
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok ladies and genklefins (its a muppets joke, sorry..)

here it is.

i have 3.5 weeks to do a 4.5 swap. (engine is free, and already set up for carb, it just needs A carb.)

who's with me?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's pushing it, Jerry. You've already seen how a swap doesn't always go as planned. You may be better off worrying about immediate transportation that you know works, and then concentrate on getting your Fiero running as time and $$$ allow.

Here's an ad for a '90 Chevy Baretta v6 for $350
http://pittsburgh.craigslis...g/car/339222946.html

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 05-28-2007).]

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(I have not read the rest of the thread)

Was the old block "known" good? or was it already in the car and apart? Are your pushrods straight? Or a bit bent? If the original lash was way too tight and you tried to start the car, it would bend those pushrods. Did someone verify valve lash with you? I still think Ed Parks recomended like 4 threads showing out to the top of the nut. You can EM him at the Fierofactory and ask. did you have the heads rebuilt, or were they spares?

I'm not a mechanic at all- but it would seem that even if the compresion was all "iffy" that it'd at least try to start. i say pull the closest valve cover and count the threads. Maybe pull out a few pushrods and verify they are still straight.

he 4.9 swap requires a difft wire harness, and is def more then I could do on my own. I wouldnt even attempt it in only 3 weeks.
xsrage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xsrageSend a Private Message to xsrageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Valve timing?
colapsed lifters?

[This message has been edited by xsrage (edited 05-28-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2007 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

That's pushing it, Jerry. You've already seen how a swap doesn't always go as planned. You may be better off worrying about immediate transportation that you know works, and then concentrate on getting your Fiero running as time and $$$ allow.

Here's an ad for a '90 Chevy Baretta v6 for $350
http://pittsburgh.craigslis...g/car/339222946.html

yea im still rethinking the swap, i thoght the engine was farther along, i have it in my posession now, but it may just be a slow side project kind of thing...

any ways, another car is NOT a good idea. 1. i live in Pittsburgh (high density population). 2.I RENT my appt. so far, the lanlord lets me use the garage, but i know he has plans to redo the roof asap, i think hes just waiting for me to get the car out... so another car is just more space i dont have.. 3. buying a $350 baretta is just buying another problem, i have a feeling id lose even more $$ that could be put the Fiero to get it together. i still have a bit (3.5 weeks) and some other options have come up, i will keep you all posted but im going to see where this pans out..

smartaxel: heads were used, RotrexFiero came over and re didi the lash with me. (and if somehow the 4.5 becomes a realistic option, its going carbed anyways, very little wiring)

no idea.

like i said a few other options have come up but im sworn to secrecy atm. i just want the thing to move! (under its own power!)
justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is there anyway you could find a running 2.8 around there and swap that in? im sure there are guys on here that have them. i know of a couple in MN, but that is too far. that would be the easiest swap in. drop the cradle and plug it up.

good luck man, im pullin for ya! (as it seems everyone else!)
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justa6:

is there anyway you could find a running 2.8 around there and swap that in? im sure there are guys on here that have them. i know of a couple in MN, but that is too far. that would be the easiest swap in. drop the cradle and plug it up.

good luck man, im pullin for ya! (as it seems everyone else!)

wish i could do that.. it would def. be easiest...
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call 215-459-0417 and 215-669-1000 see if they have a 2.8

http://philadelphia.craigsl...g/car/312605662.html
Damaged 87 fiero gt - $500
Totaled front and front right side, bent frame. Car is complete. Engine 67000 miles, complete all inertior, all instruments working. Vinyl headliner, vinyl seatcovers. Good tail lense and spoiler. New heavy-duty clutch only 65 miles. New air conditoning unit. 3 Weels and tires good, I suspect that the front right one is is also good. (bent upper control arm.)Is difficult to drive due to damage.

http://philadelphia.craigsl...g/car/333658776.html
1986 Pontiac Grand Am SE - $400
This is a good running, not-so-pretty car. The paint is classic mid '80's GM, meaning it comes off in big chunks. This car has been garaged for the past 21 years while serving as a daily driver until January. It had passed every inspection but currently needs a sticker. The interior is much better than the exterior. No rips or tears and it has very nice bloor red deluxe velour/cloth. Power windows. Some rust along the passenger fender in the bottom. There was a plastic trim piece that was there but is no longer. No dents but not a lot of paint on the surfaces of the hood, upper fenders and roof. Fires right up and runs well but leaks some trans fluid and some motor oil. $400 obo or make me a suitable offer. 215 787 7356

http://philadelphia.craigsl...g/pts/340070374.html
Low Mileage Grand National Engine- very complete! - $1200
I have a low mileage GN engine which was recently removed from it's original damadged body. The car did roll onto its roof and was totaled. The engine did run prior to its removal. Accident happened several years ago but the car has only been parted out this year. Engine includes all accessories, turbo, EFI w/ harness, etc. Complete firewall with interior harness and dash/gauges is available to the person who buys this engine for an additional $250.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Call 215-459-0417 and 215-669-1000 see if they have a 2.8

http://philadelphia.craigsl...g/car/312605662.html
Damaged 87 fiero gt - $500
Totaled front and front right side, bent frame. Car is complete. Engine 67000 miles, complete all inertior, all instruments working. Vinyl headliner, vinyl seatcovers. Good tail lense and spoiler. New heavy-duty clutch only 65 miles. New air conditoning unit. 3 Weels and tires good, I suspect that the front right one is is also good. (bent upper control arm.)Is difficult to drive due to damage.

http://philadelphia.craigsl...g/car/333658776.html
1986 Pontiac Grand Am SE - $400
This is a good running, not-so-pretty car. The paint is classic mid '80's GM, meaning it comes off in big chunks. This car has been garaged for the past 21 years while serving as a daily driver until January. It had passed every inspection but currently needs a sticker. The interior is much better than the exterior. No rips or tears and it has very nice bloor red deluxe velour/cloth. Power windows. Some rust along the passenger fender in the bottom. There was a plastic trim piece that was there but is no longer. No dents but not a lot of paint on the surfaces of the hood, upper fenders and roof. Fires right up and runs well but leaks some trans fluid and some motor oil. $400 obo or make me a suitable offer. 215 787 7356

http://philadelphia.craigsl...g/pts/340070374.html
Low Mileage Grand National Engine- very complete! - $1200
I have a low mileage GN engine which was recently removed from it's original damadged body. The car did roll onto its roof and was totaled. The engine did run prior to its removal. Accident happened several years ago but the car has only been parted out this year. Engine includes all accessories, turbo, EFI w/ harness, etc. Complete firewall with interior harness and dash/gauges is available to the person who buys this engine for an additional $250.

those are in philly.. (6-7 hours away if i recall...)

and even so, no way to move em.
LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i can most likely find u some engines in the orangeville ontario area which is close, but the border BS might kill ya, hwhat's your budget?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:
those are in philly.. (6-7 hours away if i recall...)

and even so, no way to move em.

My bad.

hope these help

These are all from craigslist. Ya thought of posting a wanted 2.8?

http://pittsburgh.craigslis...g/pts/337616138.html
Chevy 4.3L V6 Engine $175 - $175
Selling the engine from my '88 S10 Blazer. 124,000 miles, was last fired up in November '06. Should be fairly easy to remove from the truck, the trans has already been pulled and one of the fenders was removed.
http://pittsburgh.craigslis...g/pts/336792710.html
2 S-10 Blazers 4X4 4-door clean titles come make offer/barter CHEEP
1 1992 4X4 S-10 Blazer motor knocks,comes with good engine no tranny no wheels nice body clean title in hand
1 1994 4X4 GMC Jimmy (S-10 also) 4-door good engine,bad spider no tranny no wheels mint full power interior clean title in hand.
Come today make me an offer cash wise,or Build me a shed I have all the lumber and floor is already done and leveled.I need a shed built ASAP!!!
Or pay cash for the 2 vehicles mentioned above.
I am here today,right now all day......TODAY ONLY.....
Only accepting phone calls,no emails.
Latrobe,Pa 15650
724-532-5551

http://pittsburgh.craigslis...g/pts/336781891.html
70-92 Camaro----Trans/Am parts low low prices today only

Call me with your needs.
Sell cheap today to get them out of here.
Got lots of parts.

engines
5-speed trannies complete swaps from auto
interior
exterior
have some wheels left
sheet metal
whole T-Top roof with glass
exhaust----performance
TPI setups the most complete you'll find anywhere with wiring diagram to swap over from carb'd F-body

Lots and lots of parts
all cheap today i'm tired of moving them around!!!!

phone calls only

724-532-5551

http://pittsburgh.craigslis...g/pts/340329060.html
2.2 Litre rebuilt short block - $600
This is a rebuilt 2.2 litre short block. Has about 600 (yes 6 hundred) miles on it. It came out of a 1996 Chevrolet S-10. Delivery possible for fee. I can be reached at email-okchazz@netzero.com, or cell# 412-583-3569. Thanks, CHAZZ

http://pittsburgh.craigslis...g/pts/334942726.html
1988 pontiac firebird - $500
This car has alot of potential. it was hit in the front, but still has a clean title. the undercariage is clean as well as the rest of the body and interior. the car runs excellent and drives. it has a 2.8l v6, auto tranny and most of the parts to fix it. just have the frame pulled and paint it and it is ready to go. the only reason why i am selling it is because of no time to work on it. may be able to deliver depending on location and $.
I know you're not looking for another car but keep your mind open. Get the dually or wagon and put your parts in it.
You might have to get rid of the Fiero for now. Trust me, I know how hard that'll be

http://pittsburgh.craigslis...g/car/340333572.html
79 Dually - $700
1979 Chevy 1 ton dually. One Ton. 350 4 speed ac ps. Parked at 4359 Bakerstown-Culmerville Road, Gibsonia, PA 15044. 724-443-3368, Call and ask for Jim and make best offer.

http://pittsburgh.craigslis...g/car/339038947.html
80 Chevy Malibu Wagon - $700
No rust always garaged. Details 724-446-1027

http://pittsburgh.craigslis...g/car/340156517.html
1994 Chevy Cavalier - Inspected (looking to get rid of fast) - $400
1994 Chevy Cavalier
Black Exterior - Gray Interior
Inspected until the end of 6/2007
133,492 miles
4 Cylinder - Automatic
Tires are almost new. Includes power locks, vent visors, tinted rear windows, rear spoiler.

The car runs pretty good, and is in overall decent shape cosmetically. Has some scratches on the hood and top of the car; a few rust spots on the body. The car is driveable, but I wouldn't recommend going a long distance in it. When the car gets hot, the transmission starts to slip. My mechanic said the transmission is obviously going, but it's not totally gone yet. The car will also need new front brake pads, and I had an after-market CD player in it, so I had to take that out.

Let me know if you'd like to come and take a look at it. The price is negotiable! You could fix this car up or even use it for parts if desired. ((((( ASKING $400 OR BEST OFFER! )))))

http://pittsburgh.craigslis...g/car/339430404.html
Leaving the State-NEED TO SELL - $600
Hey all..........I have a 1987 Honda Accord for sale.....I have pictures but not online so here is the best description I can offer...Its silver, with 137,000 miles on it (but lets be real, its a honda people)...There is some rust going on....but I dont think anything that will prevent it from passing inspection.....The radio doesnt work, but I bought a new cd player for it...I think someone might need to take a look at it...I get power to it but...hey...installing those things is not my thing...There is an issue with the exhaust...I rigged it so the exhaust now blows out the side,but you will have to take this in to get it fixed....but Ive priced the exhaust and muffler around some local junk yards fairly cheap.....I realize nobody wants to get a car that has issues, but its $400..and it does run.....and is very clean on the inside..........if you want to take a look at it to see if you want it, call me, come take a look and we can discuss what price would be fair..........Id even be willing to let it go for $350........
I can be reached anytime at 724.288.6210
braddpowell@yahoo.com
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engine
Pontiac Fiero RWD,EFI,2.5,AT, 060688 $Call Costy's Auto Parts USA-PA(Mansfield) E-mail 1-800-424-7772

Engine
Pontiac Fiero 2.8,AT,68K,RWD,TCD 015352031 $Call Feezle Auto Wrecking USA-PA(Enon-Valley) E-mail 1-724-336-5512

Engine
Pontiac Fiero 2.8,AT,KEY,136K,RW 009279027 $Call Feezle Auto Wrecking USA-PA(Enon-Valley) E-mail 1-724-336-5512

Engine
Pontiac Fiero LESS FUEL RAIL G6129N $Call New Castle Auto Wrecking, Inc. USA-PA(New-Castle) E-mail 1-800-245-2226

Engine
Pontiac Fiero 2.8 RNS GD START AGN G6369P $Call New Castle Auto Wrecking, Inc. USA-PA(New-Castle) E-mail 1-800-245-2226
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those two motors from Freezle sound pretty close (right area code anyway). There was a great place just outside of Greensburg (just a little south-east of you) that had lots of older 2.8's (i wish I could remember the name). Forget about the first one at Costy's.....great place....great guys (I know the owners)....just WAAAAAAAY too far up on Rte 15 business outside of Mansfield.

BTW did you ground your plugs to the frame or the motor when you were testing for spark? When you and I were talking on the phone you said the plugs were very wet when you pulled then, but it also sounded like you were grounding the plug to the strut tower when you were looking for spark. Are you sure you have the ground straps hooked between the motor and the frame? I agree with some of the others....recheck you head-bolt torque.....re-check your valve adjustments....crank it with the valva covers off to see if the valve train is moving properly....this has got to be something REALLY stupid that is holding you up. WHEN IN DOUBT.........CHECK IT AGAIN !!!!!!!!
xsrage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xsrageSend a Private Message to xsrageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have missed this somewhere but how is the valve timing. turning over slow, compression issues. I wonder.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Free

Don't know much else, but the price is right.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Free

Don't know much else, but the price is right.
HA yea but 16 hours away!!

o and for whoever asked me my budget, lets just say i already had to tap into rent $$ to get it checked by pep boys, thank god my lanlord loves me.

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
although i must admit, ive PMed this person.. id take out one of those quick cash loan things round here.. then swap everything i like from the GT over.. then cheaply sell whatevers left to pay back what i can..
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/037482.html

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 05-30-2007).]

88 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Feezles is about 40-50 mi. north of Pittsburgh. It's on Rt 51 just before the Ohio line.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

although i must admit, ive PMed this person.. id take out one of those quick cash loan things round here.. then swap everything i like from the GT over.. then cheaply sell whatevers left to pay back what i can..
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/037482.html

That sounds like a good idea. That gets you a running car immediately and you can either fix the GT or part it out.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Babadoo...if the compression is low either its the valves or piston rings? My guess is still valves....does anyone have some heads we can try and swap out?

Jazz told me, under no circumstance should fuel spray out the intake, even if the engine is upside down.

Sounds like you are searching out a new engine though. But, I have some old pushrod (still good) and I believe my old rockers are still in the basement.
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a running 2.8 engine and transmission that was pulled out of my Fiero that you can have. It smokes a small bit on startup, but that's it. The only thing is that it is in Fort Wayne IN at Sinister Performance. If you are interested, let me know.
Clint

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClintClick Here to visit Clint's HomePageSend a Private Message to ClintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jerry. Contact me, perhaps I can help you out.
-clint
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 06-01-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock