Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Finale Roadster, The Build (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Finale Roadster, The Build by Archie
Started on: 08-17-2004 11:13 PM
Replies: 486 (61645 views)
Last post by: Hulki U. My-BFF on 10-19-2009 01:23 PM
boardertj

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boardertjSend a Private Message to boardertjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any more info on the car? any newer pics?
IP: Logged
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is undergoing it's final paint job. The paint that we sprayed for Fierorama was a really quick job to get the car to the show looking good, but it's being completely redone. It'll be ready for pictures next weekend.

Mark
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious Archie,...

If a person ever wanted to do just a fiero roadster and have you do the bracing like you did on this roadster, would you do that ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-15-2006).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Just curious Archie,...

If a person ever wanted to do just a fiero roadster and have you do the bracing like you did on this roadster, would you do that ?

I'm sure we could do that. It would be best if the donor chassis had the body panels & interior completely removed before it got to our place.

Archie

Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,

Are you selling the waterfall and b-pillar covers yet?
They look beautiful and would save me a ton of time on my roadster project.
Even if they're not available yet, what price range would they be?

Thanks,
Ryan

------------------

1986 Fiero2m8 (LT1 NOS / 4T60 Auto)

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

Hey Archie,

Are you selling the waterfall and b-pillar covers yet?
They look beautiful and would save me a ton of time on my roadster project.
Even if they're not available yet, what price range would they be?

Thanks,
Ryan

We'll get the molds off of those parts as soon as we get back from Daytona.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Just curious Archie,...

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Archie:

I'm sure we could do that. It would be best if the donor chassis had the body panels & interior completely removed before it got to our place.

Archie

Hmmmm,.......?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I should finish out this thread with some pictures of the finished car.......... You can find more info on the finishing of this build in the later pages of the What's up at Archie's thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/024804.html

Thank You.

Archie

ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow just old f**king wow,,,just looking for the last few pics..wow SUPER JOB archie

u know when u see something and ur first reaction is strange stomach laugh because u just cant find the words?

tomsfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsfieroSend a Private Message to tomsfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all that plastic in the interior doesnt look very confortable
vortecfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I'm a regular on the Solstice forum and I been beating my head on the wall telling them that other engines will fit in there. The problem is 99% of those people want a cheap bare bones sports car that looks cool, so when I mention the possibility a V6 upgrade they freak out because the concensus over there is the R and D cost of developing a V6 upgrade will be passed down to the base model 4 banger putting it out of range for what they are willing to pay. I mentioned a V8 engine swap that would have gotten me banned from the forum if they had a rating system like here. Don't ask me why but they are afraid of a different engine in that car. I beleive that there is room for a V8 engine swap and a V6 upgrade as a factory option. The Ecotech engine is huge for a four cylinder.

Nice work on the body mods, I've always liked the Finale.

this may be old news but the guy who does Mallett Corvettes has done a few Solstices now with v8's http://www.mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm
can i get a link for the forum ?
thanks
craig

------------------

84 Fiero Turbo Vortec 4300 Phantom GT
L35 block, Syclone Intake and ECM with Moates adapter
50lb injectors, 3 bar map sens, T04B H3 Turbo

87 GT just waiting for the conversion

www.cardomain.com/id/vortecfiero
Murphy's Constant Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value
Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics Things get worse under pressure.
Arthur C. Clarke "Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

[This message has been edited by vortecfiero (edited 04-05-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tomsfiero:

all that plastic in the interior doesnt look very confortable

Bring a cushion.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by vortecfiero:

this may be old news but the guy who does Mallett Corvettes has done a few Solstices now with v8's
thanks
craig

Oh Yeah!!!

Archie

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2006 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
tayne

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tayneSend a Private Message to tayneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the look of this car. However I think the dash looks cheap. Will you be marketing the roster version in a kit?

Thanks
Tayne
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like this car.i think it looks great .as far as the dash goes ,i think it just needs something to dress it up a bit,like a glove box or pinstripes.
take a look at hotrod magazines v8 solstice.they took it to the max and the performance it puts out is better than a 400,000$ supercar.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We finally have had the time to make a mold off of the waterfall in the PFF Roadster.

Here's what the 1st part looks like right out of the mold.

Archie

------------------

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Archie - what is the distance from the center of the seat belt anchor hole to the top of the pillar?

------------------

1986 Fiero2m8 (LT1 NX / 4T60 Roadster Build)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071642.html

arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Where did you get the wheels?

------------------
-Kyle
Email: arte@sek-c.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1988 Notchback 4.9 v 8
1993 Ford Probe

[This message has been edited by arte444 (edited 11-03-2006).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About 23.5". The "B" pillar cap is 3" above the top of the door frame.

Archie

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

Looks good Archie - what is the distance from the center of the seat belt anchor hole to the top of the pillar?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about this guys.........

We already know the Waterfall Interior will fit in the PFF Roadster, but there are not a whole bunch of roadsters around.

I had been thinking that this could be made to fit in a Fiero with a normal roofline too.

So yesterday we trimmed the fiberglass just right & test fitted it into an 85 GT.....

We carefully trimmed the original "B" pillar trim to fit on top of our fiberglass part....

Looks like we have another new product for the guys that want something different that they can install at home.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:Looks like we have another new product for the guys that want something different that they can install at home. Archie

Excellent! The panel looks great Archie. Let us know when you have price.

Keep the good stuff coming!
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why is it that you always seem to scome out with this cool stuff after I need it? i guess I can use it on my other car. How much?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XzotikGT:

Why is it that you always seem to scome out with this cool stuff after I need it? i guess I can use it on my other car.

Sorry 'bout 'dat.

Originally posted by XzotikGT:

..... How much?

We'll be determining how much $ in the next week or 10 days.

Now that we've fitted it inside a Fiero figuring out how it fits & proving out the mold, we need to make a couple of parts to do a little time study & find out how much time & materials it takes to make a part.

Then we'll know what the pricing has to be.

Archie

CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

PUT me down for one , glad to see it , very nice let me know what the price is an i will get a Money order out to you
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that car. If that was your daughter, I'd want to take her out on a saturday night. I must confess, I'll not be a gentleman. I'd take her out on some back roads and lay some rubber.

I can't wait to see a price. That looks like a nice addition to my car.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Very nice

But what do you do with the ECU - is it moved or still under the waterfall cover ?
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it too!

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i want a v8 fiero roadster lol
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by antinull.com:

i want a v8 fiero roadster lol

Well save up your Dimes, in a few weeks the PFF Roadster will be for sale to make room for the next project.

Archie

------------------

jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did I see it on the ebay about a week or two ago?

from some company that does ebay listings?

Wierd I never saw this thread, and yet I glassed in my own mini-waterfall console ... Crazy...
PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
never mind....

Looks very nice Archie!

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 01-05-2007).]

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Well save up your Dimes, in a few weeks the PFF Roadster will be for sale to make room for the next project.

Archie

Well I have one butter bowl full, am I close yet?
Gary

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:

Well I have one butter bowl full, am I close yet?
Gary

How big is that butter bowl?

Is it like the Cotton Bowl?

We're still working on the interior redo, so you still have about 2 weeks.

Archie

------------------

After Shaunbag is exposed as having asked Archie for a job as a Slack-Jawed Yokel
Archie sings ......... so I pulled off my hat & said imagine that, you workin' for meeeee. Lies, lies........

antinull.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VERY NICE JOB AGAIN
but... no roll bar?
Toaster_Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster_ManSend a Private Message to Toaster_ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There reason there is no roll bar is very simple, Archie is always thinking positive. If he did his job right, you should be able to go fast enough in this car that a roll bar wouldn't make a difference. Heck, the seatbelts are there just to keep passengers from jumping out of the car in fear when you come to a stop sign.

------------------

^^ Yeah, we totally are.^^

antinull.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toaster_Man:

There reason there is no roll bar is very simple, Archie is always thinking positive. If he did his job right, you should be able to go fast enough in this car that a roll bar wouldn't make a difference. Heck, the seatbelts are there just to keep passengers from jumping out of the car in fear when you come to a stop sign.

rotflmao
^_^ wow thats awesome
thats the best
you sir get a + from me

i have about 10,000 dimes can i buy the car?

[This message has been edited by antinull.com (edited 01-10-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie has the roadster been featured in Kit Car magazine yet ??
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Archie, I picked up a Finale kit a couple of weeks ago it is one before you bought the company. I have managed to cut the front and test fit the front clip and bonnet, with the aid of some pics from Jstricker. As I don`t have a build manual I was wondering if you have any pictures of the mounting brackets and fitting points for the bodywork. The brackets I have for the rear seem to be different to what Jstricker has used.
Thanks Carl
northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to see if Archie is looking
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock