Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 73)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367731 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

Do you check your email? I've sent you several over the past few months and never got a response...

Lou
IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Archie,

Do you check your email? I've sent you several over the past few months and never got a response...

Lou

Yes, I get email.

Sometimes I get too many & can't respond to all of them at the time. Then I forget about them.

I'll find the latest one tonight.

A
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little update from the last several days.

We built steels pockets to box in the notches in the shock tower & welded them in.....

Aso working on the Sill Plate installation.....

With the rockers off the car we made a plastic ABS pattern & then carefully made the opening in the rocker panel. It's shown here back on the car to check positioning.

Then, off the car again, we hot glue paint sticks to the top of the ABS then we can go in from the backside & layup a couple of layers of fiberglass.....

While we have that fiberglass curing, we marked up to enlarged hood vents that Troy wanted & I emailed pics to his for his approval.

We also worked on a few other things. Then back to the rockers.....After we remove the ABS pattern, we have a nice pocket & floor to mount the Sill Plates to.......

After we put a hole in the floor for the wires, we can set the plate into the pocket.
ON

OFF

On again...

The rocker are going to be repainted, so we won't final mount the Sill Plates until after paint is done.

Working on the hood scoops too.

We also made a custom tray for Dual Batteries....

And cut a new row of louvers in the Deck lid.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-18-2012).]

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

A little update from the last several days.

We built steels pockets to box in the notches in the shock tower & welded them in.....

Archie

Sweet!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is on a whole other level. I can't imagine the price tag on all of this stuff. Great mods Troy
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 05-31-2013).]

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie when you get a chance please do a write up on those sill plates. I like that mod. What vendor did the sill plate CNC? What type of lifting did you used?

Troy's car will change Fiero history forever. One bad ass car.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2012 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, I like clean, tasteful mods. If it doesn't flow, then it's gotta go! An absolutely beautiful, well put together Fiero.

I cannot stop looking at the sill mod. While it won't be as extreme, you better believe that Tony Kania will do something in light ( ) to honor that concept.

Tony

Popcorn in hand...
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Archie when you get a chance please do a write up on those sill plates. I like that mod. What vendor did the sill plate CNC? What type of lifting did you used?

Troy's car will change Fiero history forever. One bad ass car.

I can detail the installation of the sill plates & will.

Troy can tall you the details of who made the sill plates & how he went about getting them designed.

He normally would answer you're post pretty quickly. But this is Sunday morning. Typically on Sunday Mornings, He's on a coastline curise on L.I. with a group of 'Vette owners. or atone of the Sunday morning cruises he usually attends. But I have his car...... so he has no excuse for not being here. LOL

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

beat ya to it look at the post above

Yeah, I saw that, but you were still late responding to him.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Archie and Troy. I looked up the website. Now I have to search for a good set of rockers.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 05-20-2012).]

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy
I love the sill plates
Is those little details that make the difference

I am sorry you won't bring the car to Daytona :/

Archie
You and your guys make it look easy
Keep it up
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maybe Daytona will be in the cards

That is GREAT !!! news

( thinking out loud.... I need to work on my car more....)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2012 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's new?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2012 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

What's new?

Some parts going out for Chrome today & paint being done today.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday, Mark (FireFox) came over & with my guys acting as his assistants, He repainted a few areas in the front & rear compartments Including the rocker where we mounted the Sill plates.

The new material that Troy ordered for the grills he wanted to replace came in today. Kris spent part of today making some of the new grills. I'll show pics when they are done.

We also re-engineered & made a few parts to re-route the belt drive. We moved the A/C compressor about 1.25" forward & added an idler between the HBP & the A/C compressor & put in a larger diameter idler between the PS pump & the Alternator & moved it up a little.

Have a nice weekend.

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2012 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2012 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As always the project is looking good guys and it was nice to see Firefox came by to repaint the parts.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-26-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Putting things back together.....

New Screens....

New screens for new larger scoop cutouts.

And a new way to attach the end of the screen without needing a new stud fiberglassed in.

Reassembling the front compartment

New dual battery tray

New mirror material under the scoop on the hood.

Hard to see (forgot to take a pic of this before putting hood back on. This is the area between the scoops on the hood. Mirror finish with new screen over it. You'll never see this with the hood on but we know it's there. LOL

And final assembly on the sill plates & remounting the rockers.

Next, we put the engine back in for the last time.

Archie
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great - moving along nicely!

Jim
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy

Have you replaced your radiator ?
From the pics it looks like your radiator is black which makes me think it might be the factory one.
You should have a nice 3 core aluminum radiator on that beautifull ride

looking forward to updates
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy

I should have knonw better....specially w/ Archie doing the build....

Archie
If possible please remember to measure the distance from ground to bottom back of cradle,
with the car on the ground.
I would apreciate it

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More progress......

We have put in the engine for the last time.

Before we put it in we got a few pics.

You can't put the engine in with the SC on it, so we removed it & installed the engine.

The width of the SC make it so that it is only about 2" from the rear window.

So to make enough room to bolt the SC down & install the injectors, fuel rails, the coil packs & connect the Boost gage, we have to rotate or lower the back of the cradle down to make more room.

Here it is rotated back up in position. You can see that there is a lot less room in this pic. as campared to the pic above.

Continuing to hook things up & reroute all of the wires.

Space is tight but we think we've found a place for everything to mount.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My offer still stands to be a test driver.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is awesome. Think you'll ever take it to the strip??

I love those door sill inlays.. very cool.
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2012 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks the door sills really came out nice. I have the same company that made the sills making more parts, maybe we can get Archie to post a few clear pics of the LS7 thing they made.

The problem is that it's so mirrorlike that reflections of everything show up in the mirror finish.

If one picture shows up good, you're lucky.

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone's mining for gold again. Did ya strike it rich?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Someone's mining for gold again. Did ya strike it rich?

Nope just a guy who works his butt off and is blessed with a great career.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy if you need some money, I will offer you $6123.89 CASH for the car and I will pick it up thus saving you the cost of transporting it to Miami.

I am a little flexible on the price.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha. I was referring to the last pic posted. Have a closer look.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Haha. I was referring to the last pic posted. Have a closer look.

LOL, just testing to see if anyone actually looks at the pictures.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock