Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  What's Up at Archie's (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's Up at Archie's by Archie
Started on: 12-28-2002 01:35 PM
Replies: 3125 (350159 views)
Last post by: RACE on 03-12-2024 12:13 AM
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Maybe like me you got tired of that 3.4 and jumped to major league power. Congratulations But no A/C?? I guess you don't need it as much as we down here

With a V-8, A/C up here is 2 windows down at 100mph

Welcome to page 19!

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 09-23-2004).]

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much to photograph today. Spent the whole day working on the brake swap, wireing the engine & working on mounting the pedal assembly.

I'll be on the road tomorrow, but Kris will be working on it all day tomorrow.

We figure on haveing Fire in the hole sometime Monday, I'll bring you all up to speed then.

Archie

crzyone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, are you offering LS1 kits now? Is the cost the same as a master build kit? I will own a V-8 fiero someday, LS1 seems like the perfect engine.
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i got bored... is this an ok sig???

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

My Fiero XoticRydz
Mid-Rear Madness

fieroman87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TaurusThug:

i got bored... is this an ok sig???

uuuummm NO, i'm thinking not
if i were him, i wouldn't want that in my sig. how bout something more apropriate? i'll see what i can do.

------------------
Arty: a.k.a. FestYboy or Fieroman87
'87 GT 5 spd. '88 Festiva 5 spd. '87 Scirocco 5 spd.
Yahoo messanger: AMAbonus
AIM: FestYboy88L

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Not much to photograph today. Spent the whole day working on the brake swap, wireing the engine & working on mounting the pedal assembly.

I'll be on the road tomorrow, but Kris will be working on it all day tomorrow.

We figure on haveing Fire in the hole sometime Monday, I'll bring you all up to speed then.

Archie

No Problem, Have a safe trip.

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump so I can find this thread tonight.
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Yeah yeah yeah oreif, why don't you rub it in a little more . Simply beautiful car (or engine bay whichever you see most of)with or without an engine.

Matt

------------------

[This message has been edited by fiero go fast (edited 09-27-2004).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just add it to your favorites. Click that little star.

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Archie, someone getting a V8 powered 308/328??

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold
308 Rebody on 85GT Chassis
Custom 2000 Firebird Interior
3800SC 3.4 Pulley w/WCF Headers & Reprogrammed PCM
Complete Suspension & Brake Upgrade

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Just add it to your favorites. Click that little star.

It doesn't work when I'm at work. I don't see any stars. I think it has something to so with the network/firewall.
Just recently I was finally able to figure out how to get PIP to work on it. I have to dis-able some script file for a program called "websense', Post the pic, then enable it so I can finish the post.

PFF
System Bot
p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wholf:

how does the remote oil line work with the exhaust installed, looks close to me.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It doesn't work when I'm at work. I don't see any stars. I think it has something to so with the network/firewall.
Just recently I was finally able to figure out how to get PIP to work on it. I have to dis-able some script file for a program called "websense', Post the pic, then enable it so I can finish the post.

Probably because you're not logged in. The stars don't show up until you log in. They don't show up for me at work either, until after I log in to check PM's or post a reply, etc.

Danno88GT5Spd

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-27-2004 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Danno88GT5SpdSend a Private Message to Danno88GT5SpdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Probably because you're not logged in. The stars don't show up until you log in. They don't show up for me at work either, until after I log in to check PM's or post a reply, etc.

This guy would know these things.. He's posted on average 8.149 times a day for the last 1366 days of his life.

Back on topic that was a very nice looking 3.4 installation you had, and the V8 is even nicer! Great work Archie.

fldevel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fldevelSend a Private Message to fldevelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi ..im just posting because i can ...hi archie ..great pics!! I may be taking a trip up within the next few months
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The stars still don't show up here at work, But I clicked on them at home and the thread stays at the top. I also don't get the symbols to the left of the title page. (the dash idiot light symbols) Anyhow, with regards to the build up, It looks like it will be finished by Saturday.

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have the same problem at work. Even if I'm logged in I don't get the stars. I get them here at home though. Apparently it has something to do with our system. I'm no computer man so I don't have a clue why.

Man, this thread makes me want to drop one of my Fieros off at Archies for a V8 swap. That ZZ4 would make anyone drool

[This message has been edited by ditch (edited 09-28-2004).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it's lookin' pretty good.

The 1st thing we'll look at today is the brakes.

They used to look like this......

A few hours later & the look like this......

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
After getting the brakes & wheels on, We rolled the car onto the lift & built the exhaust system.

We still have to remove the exhaust & paint it, so I'll get some pics of it tomorrow.

After completing the wiring, exhaust system, battery installation & connecting the oil lines & oil cooler (it used to be a transmission cooler in a former life).

It's getting close, we'll HAVE to test drive it tomorrow. (Well someone's gotta do it).......

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by Wholf:

No, that's an old Heritage POS kit that belongs to one of the NIFE members. We are fixing the panels & installing it for him.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

Archie, are you offering LS1 kits now?

Yes

Is the cost the same as a master build kit?

No

LS1 seems like the perfect engine.

I'm impressed with it.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Oreif, At about 6:45 pm today we test fired the engine, it fired right up and ran nice.

Archie

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2004 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything is looking GREAT!!!

I can't wait for the weekend to get here!

Daniel87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel87GTSend a Private Message to Daniel87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, when are you going to tell us the information on your LS1 kit?

How much is your master-build kit? Are you selling it as a kit yet, or are you just doing kits+installs for now? Does the kit need more or less special parts compared to your standard kit?

When are you going to do an LS1 build thread? We're all fiero addicts! We need our fix of fiero pictures!

tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everything is looking GREAT!!!

I can't wait for the weekend to get here!

You're gonna' crap when you drive that thing!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daniel87GT:

Archie, when are you going to tell us the information on your LS1 kit?

How much is your master-build kit? Are you selling it as a kit yet, or are you just doing kits+installs for now? Does the kit need more or less special parts compared to your standard kit?

When are you going to do an LS1 build thread? We're all fiero addicts! We need our fix of fiero pictures!

I'll have a lot of info on the LS1 to share real soon. The LS1 project is of the highest priority now. I'm currently working on getting parts in stock right now so we can sell it as a kit. The kit & the parts needed to make up the kit are a lot more complex than our regular V-8 kit & as such are more expensive to manufacture, so pricing is not complete yet. NONE of the parts in our regular V-8 kits will work with the LSx engines. I had to totally design a new kit just for these engines.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by tstroud:

Wow, I'm glad they are his seats in the car then.

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tstroud:

Well it least leather is easier to clean than cloth.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll have a lot of info on the LS1 to share real soon.

I can't wait...I wanted to have the first LS1 Chop Top, but I couldn't wait... I might still have one someday

Thanks for the build up... gotta love those SBC Fieros!

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, can someone send me a picture of a 350 chevy bolt pattern, ie: a side shot of a 350 motor? I'm trying to come up with some mix n' match ideas with trannys and such, and I need to compare it to a newer Getrag that's out there.

THANKS!

PFF
System Bot
Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A simple dash, low price, easy to install, what else can you ask for?

No prototype pics this time, you'll see finished pics first this time.

How's this one coming along? Can't wait to see some pics.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today we had lots of odds & ends to do & then start test driving.

We started out the day by recalibrating the Tach & putting the dash back together.

Removing, painting and replacing the exhaust system ( forgot to take pics of it again).

We filled & bled the cooling system, reinstalled the inner wheel well liners, etc.

Here is the 1st picture of it as we moved it outside to fill the cooling system.

We took it for just a few test drives around the immediate neighborhood. Just to make sure it runs thru all the gears and see what it sounds like.

During test drives we initially just drive it short distances then bring it back in to inspect everything, gradually increasing the duration of the test drives & inspecting all the while.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Drive it a little then check it out.......etc. etc.

Another test drive.............

Looks like Kris has one of those 's

The only thing we found during the little bit of testing we did was that the right side rear caliper seemed to be dragging a little, so we're replacing it with a new one tomorrow AM.

We still have to modify the aircleaner and install the decklid. The we gotta drive, drive, drive........ but somebodies gotta do it.

BTW, this engine sounds sweet!!!!!.

Archie

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2004 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IS IT SATURDAY YET ?!?!?!?!?

WOW, even after all that work it still shines!

Excellent work guys!!

Hairy_Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post09-30-2004 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't it seem like you'd test drive the car with a filter over the carb? Just wondering..
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hairy_Fiero:

Doesn't it seem like you'd test drive the car with a filter over the carb? Just wondering..

It has one of those new high tech filters that's under the carb.

fieroman87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It has one of those new high tech filters that's under the carb.

huh?

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They used to look like this......

A few hours later & the look like this......

Archie

When I first scrolled down I was like "WOW Archie mounted a rear cradle on the front of a Fiero"

Excellent work!

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We still have to modify the aircleaner and install the decklid. The we gotta drive, drive, drive........ but somebodies gotta do it.

Archie

Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Are we there yet? (oops wrong phrase) is it done yet?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock