88 Coupe to GT Body Conversion by 88Slayer
Started on: 06-21-2008 07:01 PM
Replies: 102 (13562 views)
Last post by: kraelo on 03-03-2014 05:46 PM
MileHighFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MileHighFieroSend a Private Message to MileHighFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so your donor car had t-tops and your didn't use them!?!?!?!?
IP: Logged
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A "Keeping it fresh" Bump

88Slayer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88SlayerSend a Private Message to 88SlayerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol it took someone a year to bump my thread. I will try and post some pics of what the car looks like at the moment in a few days.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I would like to see some more pics too. I'm working on a fb swap on an 86 at the moment.
CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think the lack of reply stems from:
he finished the fastback and is having way too much fun driving it and it looking stupidly sexy
Jealous
Ryan
88Slayer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88SlayerSend a Private Message to 88SlayerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually more of got promoted at work so I have less time, plus I have since gotten married so no cash either lol. I am actually just looking for a nice front bumper that wont cost me an arm and a leg, then I am off to the junkyard to pull some small parts. I will actually start to prep for paint once I get everything bodywise done. My friend and I are actually going to sand and paint our own cars once we get all our parts and an 80 gallon compressor. If yall get a lead on a good bumper for under $150 shipped, give me a pm.

Also, once I get some time off( probally sunday) I will try and post some pics of the car as it is at the moment.

[This message has been edited by 88Slayer (edited 02-19-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you plan on changing out the rear bumper for a GT one ? Looks kinda funky without it due to the gfx on the front and sides.
88Slayer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88SlayerSend a Private Message to 88SlayerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do actually have the bumper from a maroon 87 gt on it at the moment. JUst about to start sanding parts and priming in the next week or so. Still need a new gt bumper to finish.
88Slayer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88SlayerSend a Private Message to 88SlayerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We started to sand the car to get it ready for priming. We decided to start on the passenger side and work our way from the front towards the back.

First up on the chopping block was the front fender

Here is my pal Alex starting to sand down the old paint.

We decided to strip it down to the base material since I have 2 extra fenders.

My wife having fun with the DA sander.

My car as we left it at the end of the day.

We did tidy up a bit of course. And yes we did take down the pieces that were air drying.
We plan to turn Alex's garage into a makeshift paintbooth tomorrow and try to prime the sanded pieces.

Feel free to give tip and advice, especially if you know good places to buy paint at less than extortionate prices.

88Slayer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88SlayerSend a Private Message to 88SlayerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just about to get my car back from the shop today. I had to send it in in order to get my Rear Brake Calipers rebuilt and installed since they have been inoperable for the last 4 years. So now I am sporting a good set of calipers, new pads, and brand new drilled rotors. Also, I will be able to really move on the sanding and priming as my friend and I just managed to procure a 60 gallon air compressor with a 6hp motor. No more borrowing a 35 gallon compressor that barely does the work. Ill start posting more pics of the process as we go.
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well alright
PFF
System Bot
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to find a parts car GT fast back. I would love to do the swap on my Formula.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

Any more pics?
Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88Slayer:

I went with the "Special" lenses from the FieroStore as I am on a budget and the imperfections are too slight to really notice.

Everything is apart and ready for reassembly

Colored parts are in, ready to button up.

And now the new tail lights are ready fro the install.

So they say these lenses have imperfections, but to me these look good.
What exactly are the imperfections supposed to be?
fierolover87

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolover87Send a Private Message to fierolover87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They explain here on the fierostore website:

http://www.fierostore.com/T...ges/pontiac_sign.jpg

Mike
87 notchback 2.5l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 notchback 2.5lSend a Private Message to 87 notchback 2.5lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This build looks great! I am new to the forum and would really like to do this sometime. I was wondering if there were any issues getting the black plastic wheel well liners to fit with the gt panels. I had heard that these differ between some years and are also different between se and gt. looks great. id love to see an update.
FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How come this 88 looks like an 84?
JediSamReye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JediSamReyeSend a Private Message to JediSamReyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking the same thing, the '88's didnt have the speakers in the seats that i know of, my 88 doesnt
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2012 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JediSamReye:

I was thinking the same thing, the '88's didnt have the speakers in the seats that i know of, my 88 doesnt

86 was last year for speaker seats.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought it was '85... my '86 has pillar speakers. Or was it a mid-year change?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

How come this 88 looks like an 84?

It's an 88. Look at the shock towers.
PFF
System Bot
DirtyGh3ttoKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DirtyGh3ttoKidSend a Private Message to DirtyGh3ttoKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
kraelo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2014 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kraeloSend a Private Message to kraeloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump again - looking to do this myself.

I'll start a new thread and take detailed pictures also. Since he didn't finish. I will. Both my cars are white, so no painting involved .
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock