Dash build by TXGOOD
Started on: 02-21-2007 07:50 AM
Replies: 272 (36473 views)
Last post by: bcrider1 on 02-05-2011 06:25 PM
Fiero22

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2007 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero22Send a Private Message to Fiero22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*own page 4*
TXGOOD u gotta show us step-by-step on how u did these things, like the door panels. I wanna do my door panels but i need guidness... plz show how u did it

[This message has been edited by Fiero22 (edited 04-28-2007).]

IP: Logged
legendkiller76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2007 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for legendkiller76Send a Private Message to legendkiller76Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
incredible job on the door panels, I am totally diggin that one!
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2007 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take pics when I do the other door panel in the next couple of days.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2007 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
* weekend bump? *
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2007 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got a little further along today.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 04-29-2007).]

sargeants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sargeantsSend a Private Message to sargeantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very, VERY impressed - making me draw up ideas for my dash to change my interior again (for the better)

looking forward to seeing it all put together - keep it up
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, sargents. The only thing I made a mistake on is not getting all of my material together because I ordered vinyl for my dash from Mr Mike. I was getting seat covers from someone else.
Then I ended up with ordering seat covers from Mr Mike but they are Leatherette and my dash vinyl is a little lighter in color than my seats and door panels.

I`m going to edit this because what I stated above is not the "only" mistake I made it`s just one that comes to mind. I`ve had to do a couple of things over because they didn`t come out right the first time.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 05-01-2007).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TxGood, I found another dash that looks very similar to yours, that you can draw inspiration from. Very classy.

[IMG]http://autoreview.belproject.com/item/288{/IMG]
This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.
Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Aston Martin DBS (the whole reason I was inspired to look up Astons in the first place.)
This is the car featured in the James Bond Movie, "Casion Royale". Love that car, it's so classy.

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 05-02-2007).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2007 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the second set of photos you can see the stitching. That`s what allows you to have different curves and such with vinyl. I had to make mine where everything pretty much stretched straight. A couple of guys have asked for photos of my door panels being made so I`m going to start another thread just for those.
Mike
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could be wrong and will try to get a better angled pic, but does that aston martin have a gear indicator in the shift nob like everyone is talking about in the other thread?
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tusch:

I could be wrong and will try to get a better angled pic, but does that aston martin have a gear indicator in the shift nob like everyone is talking about in the other thread?

I had a different pic somewhere. I don't think so. I think it's the shift pattern as a static image. Maybe it was backlit.

-M
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2007 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I decided to use the stock rear part of my console instead of making one. I was able to cut it where it matched up to my front console pretty good. I made an insert out of wood and covered it in vinyl to hold my sub woofer. I also made a little padded arm rest to dress it up a little. I just have to put one more coat of vinyl paint and I can install it.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2007 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got my sub amp mounted this past weekend. I put it in the trunk on the sidewall. Tonite I mounted the console with the sub in it. Sounds pretty good thumpin in the Fiero.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2007 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting ready for the weekend update?

Curious how you're going to do the radio, and HVAC mounting points.
I like to see how it all comes together.

-M
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2007 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The dash, with the exception of the face plates is pretty much done. This last week I routed the tubing for the ac vents, got the headlight switch mounted, got the instruments in. I also installed the radio and ac control. I used 3/4 aluminum square stock that I cut in 1/4`s to get small L shaped brackets. I had to mount the ac control though in the upper slot and the radio in the lower spot because with the ac control pulled out to where my console sits the cold to heat lever cable was in too much of a bind. I got my new seat belts in and I should get the panel retainer clips and sunroof hardware from The Fiero Store today. I also got the headliner installed.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2007 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got the plates covered today. I was going to use carbon fiber but I couldn`t get it to cut right, so I covered them in vinyl. I`m probably going to do something different on the window and mirror switch area because I didn`t get it straight enough to please me.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2007 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing design and craftsmanship. Just goes to show that if you can envision something, there is always a way to make it. Very creative.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds
2006 3800SC Series III swap in progress
Engine Controls, PCM goodies,
re-programming & odd electronics stuff
"I'm on the loose without the juice"

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Dennis
I can honestly say that I`m glad I`m almost done. It`s been a learning experience about how many loose ends you have to tie up to get everything in the right place. After Round-up 10 this coming weekend, I`m ready to start working on getting my donor panels ready for new paint and get my fastback conversion going.
davidmgbv8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davidmgbv8Send a Private Message to davidmgbv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweeeet, but where are the cup holders? I need a darn cup holder. That is why I do not drive my old 87 Jag XJ6 No cup holders. Well that and 15 mpg which is why I bought the Fiero .

But Seriously nice Job.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really didn`t think about cup holders but with the way I had to do my console there isn`t much room down in there anyway. In order for my shifter to keep from hitting the radio I had to raise it about 1-1/2" and back about 2". There is barely room for my window switches. The only place I could have put in anything is the rear console but then it starts getting a little too far back to be comfortable. If I find that I need drink holders I will probably get new door pockets from JC Whitney because they have a version like I got with a drink holder built in. I just got the flat ones because I didn`t want to be hitting my leg on it.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I`ve just got a couple of things to finish and my interior is done. I drove my car for the first time in a while and I realized how much I have missed it. Of course I am already thinking of a couple of things I`m going to change, because I`m not real happy about the cover plates but after Round-up 10 this weekend I can start to work on a different design for them. Now, I need a new steering wheel because mine looks awfully worn compared to all of that new vinyl.

PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2007 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump, because this is such a great build and should be kept out of the archives.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2007 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Austrian Import
I haven`t done much lately. I have been experimenting a little on remaking the dash plates from engravable plastic. I also want to redo where the mirror switches mount and part of the console. I`m getting ready to build a garage so I will be able to spend a lot more time on the car and hopefully start my 86 fastback project. In the 86 I want to make the dash even wilder than the 85 where the dash flows into the door panels and the instrument pod is longer and doesn`t stick up as much.
Mike
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cut the holes for the dash plate tonight. I think this will look a lot better than the red vinyl.
Now I just have to cut it to fit the dash.
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks totally awesome...but in addition to replacing the steering wheel,you also need to do something about that shifter handle...too big and too tall.

Here's what I did...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/084011.html

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

[This message has been edited by dcfox (edited 07-06-2007).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, DC
Yea I have been thinking about getting a new knob, and I think I will cut the shifter shaft off too after looking at your thread. I was wondering about the push button and how that would work. My shifter is even taller than stock because I had to move it back to clear part of the dash.
Mike
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got my new instrument plate in. I think it looks much better than the old red plate.
In these pictures my old steering wheel really looks worn. It`s about time for a new one.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*bump*
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHERE IS THE NEW STEERING WHEEL??????????

heh heh bump............
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevin
It has been put on the back burner while I collect all of the other parts for my paint change/fastback swap. I still have to get a compressor to paint my car. I have about 500.00 in just little parts I need and to also get some suspension parts to get those big gaps in the wheel wells down. Lots of work ahead.
Dizzixx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow I like the way that you updated the dash while maintaining some of the fiero look. Some people dont like the fiero gauges. Personally I like the gauges just not the cluster and I think you did a god job and modernizing it while keeping it a fiero.

looks great.
PFF
System Bot
jyoconnell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jyoconnellSend a Private Message to jyoconnellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I thought I would post a few pics of my dash build progress.
The look I`m going for.

Dash fiberglassed / Instrument pod next

Pillar trim w/vinyl

What black paint did you use on your dash?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The entire dash and trim is vinyl upholstery except for the rear pillar covers.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job on the custom interior ! What's next?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I`m going to be changing to all black interior.
I was going to paint my car red, but have decided to keep it black.
I`m going to probably order Mr Mikes leatherette seat covers Black with German embossed inserts.
Plus, I will change out the door accents and dash end panels in the same embossed material.
bowrapennocks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great dash! I am in the process of designing mine. I would appreciate it if you could tell me where you found the AC vents?

Thanks,
Jim
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Jim

I got the vents here.

http://www.vintageair.com/cat2007/29.pdf

They also have different styles if you look around their website on other pages of the catalog.

Mike
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ALOT of whats in the FIRST picture looks very much like Hyundai Tiberon. I wonder if it could be adapted ? what you're making looks great. Fiero's sure could use a better looking dash !
bowrapennocks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks,
Jim
telefragg3d

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for telefragg3dEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that looks fantastic! keep up the good work, i'll be following this closely.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock