Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Redesign Radio Console ( TFT 7" , DvD , IR Frontcam) (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Redesign Radio Console ( TFT 7" , DvD , IR Frontcam) by Fieromaniac
Started on: 06-13-2007 02:20 PM
Replies: 164 (14736 views)
Last post by: Fieromaniac on 08-28-2013 01:02 AM
Fieromaniac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
12VDC -> 220V AC Powerinverter

test for fitting and picturequality of the rearcam

iam gonna testfit the console now into my car
IP: Logged
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006
seems to fit

radio works too

drivers view

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, I love it.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool !!
What are the controls above the radio?
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how close is the shifter to the radio in park?
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Cool !!
What are the controls above the radio?

volume for 2 seperate speakers (will use it for navigation)
brightness for the screen
powerbutton
and the selector between Playstation(not equipped) and AV in Mode
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006

Originally posted by mtownfiero:

how close is the shifter to the radio in park?

thats Parkposition

mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. I'm planning on one like that but not quite the same. Do you have any pictures of the back side of it before you put it in? i sent you a pm a few days ago to.
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hr hr hr

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006

Originally posted by mtownfiero:

Looks good. I'm planning on one like that but not quite the same. Do you have any pictures of the back side of it before you put it in? i sent you a pm a few days ago to.

ill do some more Photos from the backside and then ill post all on a website.
mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great
PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, looks awesome. Can't wait to see further progress pics...

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4Port Audio and Videoswitch

ill get it out of its case
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006
now ill get it into my console
mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is the reason you update at 1 in the mornin because your not in the states?
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
07.00 AM here
mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
almost 2 here now lol.
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
6 hour difference between Germany and ET.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So compared to local time the "new world" people will see the european posts at least 6 hours before we (europeans) do !
Fieromaniac: nice work ! keep posting..
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
upper Aluminium Coverplate before polishing after wet sanding

*** all holes drilled by myself , freehand without help of anybody ***

reminder to myself : " NEVER EVER USE A DESIGN WITH HOLES "

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 06-30-2007).]

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

if this is the image you are looking for when you say cold and hot infrared then your camera you showed for it will not work. I am a security professional for a small yet high profile company. I say high profile because we don't do small systems. The infrared camera you showed will be a monocrome (Black and White) image at night and will use the Infrared LEDs for a small light source. These do not see heat signatures. The only heat they will see are the ones emitting light due to extremely high temperatures and it's the light that they will see. If you are looking for one that shows heat signatures then you need to search for INFRARED THERMAL CAMERA. These will see what you see in the picture above. https://gpssignal.com/thermaleye300d.htm This is about the only one suitable for auto use I could find and locate a price on. Price is $4,688.30 Plus there's a nice Warning on every page of that site.

"Export of Night Vision products require an export license from the US Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, in accordance with international traffic in arms (ITAR) Title 2, Code of Federal Regulations."

So if you can afford one, I can't, then you'll still have to jump through hoops to get one. Also note that TIR cameras cannot see through glass.
Please do not take this as a slam just as a correction of knowledge. Don't want you to buy the wrong item. If you have a video camera with the IR on it then that's about the same picture you'll get with the IR cam you posted. The GREEN PICTURE that video cameras using Nite shot IR is just a camera trick. What the camera sees is light grey but it turns it green for added "Night vision" effect.
PFF
System Bot
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is an picture of the night vision system tha BMW use :
http://www.adac.de/images/N..._xxl_tcm8-158414.jpg
it works with an thermal camera estimated range 300 meters

and here the nightvisionsystem of mercedes :
http://www.adac.de/images/N..._xxl_tcm8-158383.jpg
it uses a system like i intend to use .
Camera that can see in the infrared spectrum and infrared headlights integrated in the mainheadlight.
range 150meters .

both systems generate an black and white picture .
bmw system has a better contrast for living objects but didnt see cold things very well .

and warm (living ) objects also generate an infrared "light or aura" that can be seen on pics using the mercedes technology.

btw. iam in europe so US gov. Laws dont concern me if i can buy my stuff legal here
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006
btw , ebay.de has some thermalcameras :
http://cgi.ebay.de/Waermebi...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thats an german Bundeswehr system
but to big and not practicable for my kind of usage
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006
after polishing

decals

done with the first coverplate

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy cow DECALS !

Now your just getting way to fancy......

But keep it up!
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a fun thread to watch. Keep up the great work!

------------------

Visit my website!
Fieros West
David
2 Corinthians 5: 17
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 5 Speed
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AV switch installed

2nd Frontplate and top Plate

before polishing (testfitted)

mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking pretty good
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
almost done

some decals and iam done

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you spent a great deal of time drilling our your holes, but what about cutting that section out and replacing the holes with a woven mesh? Personally, I think it would give it a more finished look...

http://www.decorativemesh.co.uk/handmadebrass.htm

I don't know how these measure up as far as being the appropriate size, but it gives you an idea.

Maybe incorporate something like this Mr. Wizard!

Here's another source...

https://secure.northcottweb.com/stoneyknoll/index.php?page=mesh
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Like this...

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 07-04-2007).]

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2007 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hrhr

@ F-I-E-R-O
i might consider your "web" idea if the holes dont let enough Air throgh
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2007 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006

only installing cameras is left to me

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2007 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006
when my Fiero came to germany , 3rd brakelights where illegal here so the german TÜV disabled mine by cutting the wire to it at several spots
so i will fix that now with LED`s aaaaaand ill integrate my rear camera in it.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieromaniac:

Very nice, but what is "DVB-T"?
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DVB-T is digital terrestical Television 25 TV channel up to 120kmh Speed =
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why not go all black?

Just another thought, I'm not sure what product to suggest, but as long as you have your 3rd brake light down, why not recondition the rubber seal with something to rejuvenate it? It'll look better when you put it back into place.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 07-06-2007).]

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting indeed!!! Keep up the good work.............

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rearcamera is working

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock