Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica pics (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica pics by ferrobi
Started on: 01-12-2006 03:34 PM
Replies: 518 (78029 views)
Last post by: ferrobi on 04-21-2024 12:40 AM
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First time posting pics of my car -

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 02-24-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-10-2007).]

3.8T

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8TClick Here to visit 3.8T's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3.8TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not bad, not bad at all...

how much?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice and welcome. Judging by the green grass your either on west coast or in the south. Have fun with it and be prepared for long conversations at gas stations...........lol.
RTNmsds

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hang around here long & I forsee an engine swap in your future. Congrads on the purchase.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About the car -
'87 se with 21,000 miles
American Fiberbodies Int. kit bought in '94
Got 30K + into it so far
Would like a lt5 or ls7 in future done by Archie
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post01-12-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
realy nice kit. better then some ive seen
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, looking pretty good Bob, Welcome to the Forum.

Archie

djbushman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djbushmanSend a Private Message to djbushmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MOVE OVER! Wow.

Awesome car dude, real head turner.

-db.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took a few more pics - here you go

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-03-2012).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A note of thank's to:

GM for the fiero
Pininfarina for their great design
Norm's Fiberglass for the front spoiler - that thing is awesome
Rodney Dickman for various items including Euro short shifter
Skybax for the Euro shift plate
Ebay for so many things including real side fender shields for 40.00
Compomotive for those TS rims

and everyone who replied about pics

Thank's Rob

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pics of the top of the seats? I like to see just how much clearance you have near the inside roof using those seats.

Thanks.

Madcurl

------------------

Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & The Stealth # 20

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 more people to thank -

Archie for the assembly which is top notch - AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait for a V8

Cliff for his forum

Thank's Rob

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Madcurl there is 2.5" to the headliner

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 05-02-2021).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice...Your car looks familiar. Have you posted pics of it before, possibly at Ari's? If not, welcome to Pennock's, and please join us at Ari's, too. www.kitcar.ca

Bob

Edit*** Just noticed I spelled the link wrong...DOH!!!

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 01-17-2006).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, I have not posted pic's before and will try get to Ari's forum

Rob

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, 2 items of criticism for you, I think the car would be much more convincing if the wheels where spaced out so they are nearly flush with the body, 7mm or more it looks like, maybe less.
And does the wing have F40 embossed in it like the real thig? if not i would get a decal of it like this

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 01-15-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Madcurl their is 2.5" to the headliner

Thanks. Hmm. I might have room for the chop?

Who did your carbon door/latch/bezel surround?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-15-2006).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl - The seats might be lowered a bit if you used a different kind of track. I used the fiero track bolted to another piece of steel stock with holes drilled in that to match the momo seats hole pattern. That probably added about 3/4" or 1". I'll check it out and post pics of tracks if you want. The carbon fiber dash pieces were bought off of ebay - they are real CF and if you want i can get you the guy's name that i bought it from. I installed them myself - pretty easy.

Rob

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Care for a sig?
let me now if you want it or not, or want cahnges made.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post01-16-2006 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First of all it's too tall. Needs to be thinner, less than less than

s
i
x
l
i
nes of text

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Madcurl - The seats might be lowered a bit if you used a different kind of track. I used the fiero track bolted to another piece of steel stock with holes drilled in that to match the momo seats hole pattern. That probably added about 3/4" or 1". I'll check it out and post pics of tracks if you want. The carbon fiber dash pieces were bought off of ebay - they are real CF and if you want i can get you the guy's name that i bought it from. I installed them myself - pretty easy.

Rob

Hmm. I know that Archie flattens the stock seat rails. I don't know if it'll fit with additional hardware?

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hmm. I know that Archie flattens the stock seat rails. I don't know if it'll fit with additional hardware?

My Corbeaus came from a forum member, but the rails came with the seats originally and were meant to fit the Fiero, according to the label on them. They sit so low to the floor that I can't get my hand under the rail at any side to retrieve CD case, pens, change, etc. I have to floor it so they slide out the back Anyway, I don't know exactly how far it is from the top of the seat to the roof, but I can find out if you like. Also depends on how you adjust the seat. If you slide it forward and lean it back, you can get it pretty low, but it depends on how tall you are. One big piece of advice: Don't get racing seats unless you have a tilt steering wheel. I tilt mine up every time I want in or out, its ridiculously hard otherwise.

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
k, smaller
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2006 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for SEGT-86
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some stuff for sale in the mall -

F40 replica rear window -

(2) 16x11 Compomotive TS rear rims for F40

Carpet, steering wheel, and seats out of '87 se with 11,000 miles

Skratch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkratchClick Here to visit Skratch's HomePageSend a Private Message to SkratchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is just beautiful!

Now I see Ohio plates on there, where are you at so I can come drool on your ride.

netpro55

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2006 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for netpro55Click Here to visit netpro55's HomePageSend a Private Message to netpro55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the car, but you should definatley install a V8 Turbo or s/c and chop the top so the rebody looks right. That roof is just too high. but overall nice car.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pics of the rear hatch opened?

Thanks.

Curley.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Netpro55 - chop would be hard - rear hatch+glass window would have to somehow be redone to meet new roofline. Lots of $$ i'm assuming

Madcurl - i'll open her up tomorrow

PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOOKS GOOD!

keep up the good work!

------------------

www.iamanascarfan.com

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice Work , especially the headlights ... easy to believe $30k .

I have a pair of Euro door panels (the interior door panels from the PISA Euro interior) if you wanna depart from the fiero look on the interior. PM me if your interested ....

aa2uk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aa2ukClick Here to visit aa2uk's HomePageSend a Private Message to aa2ukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by djbushman:

MOVE OVER! Wow.

Awesome car dude, real head turner.

I have to agree one great looking replica. I am having one built now and hope it looks like yours when it's finished. Your going to have to put a real motor in it because you'll probabaly be challenged at every light! Take care. Bill

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl - hatch pics

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Engine pics too - 2.8L V6

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-03-2012).]

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man i love the f40 kit , I wish my rear clip was like that, i like how it seperates beind the window instead of being 1 peice like mine.

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
86 GT Archie F40 Style Body kit
SBC / 5sp

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats nice!

did you ever think of tinting the front light buckets like this: http://www.subzeuz.nl/3d/F40/F40-68.jpg

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 02-20-2006).]

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Nice picture, but Im sure they are not tinted its that the bucket is semi gloss black underneath and so the glass looks tinted. Thanks Norm

------------------
Norm Vandermee

[This message has been edited by normsf (edited 02-20-2006).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by normsf:

Hello Nice picture, but Im sure they are not tinted its that the bucket is semi gloss black underneath and so the glass looks tinted. Thanks Norm

that makes sense

looking at that pic again, I cant tell if its real or a drawing.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 02-20-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock