Started on: 10-09-2007 04:35 AM
Replies: 12 (3351 views)
Last post by: Chris Hodson on 11-16-2007 02:51 AM
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Things seem to be a little tense lately on the forum. I thought i would try to lighten things up a bit and start a fun build thread. If you've followed my other console threads you kinda know where im going with this. This seems to be a pretty simple design, its different, and i like it so heres the basic design "no measurements yet"

I plan to make paper templates first, to get the right shapes, then just transfer to MDF.

I don't know what im going to cover everything in yet.

I have a bunch of rubber coating without the grit in it, im going to sand a piece of wood down and test it out to see what it looks like. This could be a possible alternative to fabric. But if it doesnt look as good as i hope it does i will more than likely cover it all in fake leather. I have a bunch of diamond plate at my disposal also, so lets see what happens
Enjoy!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
squisher86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like fun!
NeoTristan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoTristanClick Here to visit NeoTristan's HomePageSend a Private Message to NeoTristanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Subs!!

[This message has been edited by NeoTristan (edited 10-09-2007).]

NeoTristan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoTristanClick Here to visit NeoTristan's HomePageSend a Private Message to NeoTristanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NeoTristan

321 posts
Member since Sep 2007
cupholders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWEET

------------------
Tristan
84 Fiero SE

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
W3 Sub and cup holders,,, ohhh yeaaaaa!

Im trying to find a better shift boot though. Something made for automatics, something rectangular would look nice. Madcurl showed me one that was big and round, it was cool but im not so sure it would let the shifter move as far as i needed it to, it was like 75 bucks and it was round. If anyone has suggestions let me know, im very open
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

Things seem to be a little tense lately on the forum. I thought i would try to lighten things up a bit and start a fun build thread. If you've followed my other console threads you kinda know where im going with this. This seems to be a pretty simple design, its different, and i like it so heres the basic design "no measurements yet"

I plan to make paper templates first, to get the right shapes, then just transfer to MDF.

I don't know what im going to cover everything in yet.

I have a bunch of rubber coating without the grit in it, im going to sand a piece of wood down and test it out to see what it looks like. This could be a possible alternative to fabric. But if it doesnt look as good as i hope it does i will more than likely cover it all in fake leather. I have a bunch of diamond plate at my disposal also, so lets see what happens
Enjoy!

sweet.. i think itd be sweet to put the sub up front and deck hidden or moved seriously..
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2007 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey take step by step pix with detailed explinations please! some of us (aka me) are attempting something similar soon...

------------------

See my film creations..
Black Betty Build
Black Betty, Round 2

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
making templates*
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
waaaiittt foor ittttt....

i got cardboard templates for the sides done. Im just getting the garage winter ready so i can continue through the winter. Its going to be good though i promise!
aaronrus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2007 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
make a basic shape, then make a fiberglass mold.. its lighter and just as strong..
also, get some low profile subwoofers, two of them, and then run compression loaded with one of them out of phase

[This message has been edited by aaronrus (edited 11-15-2007).]

Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Hodson, glad to see you are getting into the dash project again.
I know you've seen my HUD thread already https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064644.html

However, as for the "HUD projector" location, there is no "projector" (I had the same misconception) unless you buy a laser HUD for god knows how much $$$
An automotive HUD is only a reflection, so it would have to be placed directly below your desired focal point.

Some good info.

http://www.laserfocusworld....ys-hide-the-hardware

Good luck with the design.
PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! i know its only a reflection . i wish it was laser, i would really have fun with that! I think i might be able to get away with it though being in the middle. It will reflect a tad higher on the windshield. and its to bad ill get the double vision thing but i don't care. This is like star wars stuff and i want it in my x-wing! i should still be able to see it if its in the middle of the wind shied though right? I have the adjuster thing from the donor car. And maybe there is film i can get to get rid of the double vision that wont look like junk stuck to my window.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
just got a thought... might be neat might not. I could just put it where it is in the drawing, then a box with a mirror in it to act like the windshield and maybe a piece of tinted glass or plastic as a face. So you see it only when it comes on.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock