Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  3800 Swap..something will catch fire. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Swap..something will catch fire. by Chris Hodson
Started on: 10-12-2006 01:34 AM
Replies: 97 (12535 views)
Last post by: Chris Hodson on 12-28-2008 07:58 PM
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now im in business! I got the passenger side axel from a 94 transport van, and mated it to the cv of a late 90's grandam. Im trying to figure out if i have a series 1 or 2 motor now. I did some painting also. LOOK.
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
IP: Logged
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have a series 1 motor and ecu, you are all golden now. Just hope there isnt going to be a problem with the difference in gearing in the trans, it could throw off your speedo, but it would only be like 1 or 2 mph.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since i got one axel made im going to start mounting the engine. How high should i mount it...?
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
Well... I decided how high i wanted to mount this thing, i turned the ac bracket into a mount. Im keeping my AC and this seemed the best way for me to stick a mount under there. I hope it doesnt break. Dark likes it, i like it. I hope you like it! There will be three other mounts so i think it should be good.

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 12-29-2006).]

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for me!

Happy NEW YEARS EVE EVERYONE!!!!! HECK YEAS!!!! JAGER FOR EVERYONE!!!!
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for not updating! Lately the temp outside has been around -7, and my garage doesnt have a heater. WELL...

I was in a time crunch, And wanted to get everything to line up first shot so i decided to go with PR's poly mounts. WELL worth the money IMO.
They are pretty heavy duty. Worked like a charm!

oh, I painted the cradle after knocking all the rust off.
The wiring is 80% done. Im missing a plug that goes into the side of the tranny.
Im trying to find a oil filter adapter that will clear my mount. If anyone has one theyd like to get rid of let me know!
I have all my vac lines replaced, i found a vac gauge laying around im going to rig that in along with the fuel pressure gauge. I want it to look nice, im not sure where ill mount it yet. Im keeping all emissions. And A/C
I decided to replace the lower ball joints. That was just a matter of drilling out the stock rivets and bolting the new ones in.
The bushing in the front were terrible to replace. The rubber was "welded" to the cradle. I drilled around the center, then got an electric saw in there and cut as close as i could around the edges. Once i got the majority of it out i went it with a wire brush attached to my electric drill. Worked pretty good but still took forever.

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 02-06-2007).]

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
I went to the junkyard today looking for an oil adapter, i found one but the car is half sunk into the ground and its kinda tricky to get at. I was also looking for rear wheel bearings and found 1 old a$$ car that the books said would work. I picked up a digital dash for my berretta gt, lots of berrettas here. Speaking of which, i still need to make a drivers side axel. Help on that would be good. Exact year and cars please?

Heres the yard I visited. VERY unorganized. lol i like the hippy bus's on the right.

I ripped this off some car too, theres someone else whos working with one too, its a HUD unit. It projects your speed onto your windhield, "star wars style".

I hope its just a matter of giving it power and some sort of signal. I think since i discovered this.. im probably going to build a custom dash using a digital speedo and the matching HUD from maybe a buick or bonny, that way it should "just work"...."i hope". I wouldnt have to mess with any signal stuff.

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

Anyone want this? $350. Engine and tranny. Ran good minus the exhaust leak but HEY! it comes with new exhust manifold gaskets! a 20 something $ value free! BUT WAIT! Act now and it also comes with a FREE.....
DODGE MOTOR MOUNT!

A/C bracket not included.

Engine and tranny may cause irritaion, constipation and bloating.Consult your wife before buying anymore fiero related items.
Results may vary.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
I have a new cruising buddy for spring break BTW.

Daytona here we come!

"!mami wa itchybaun iketeloo!"

edit--- Any Fiero-cades from Iowa or passing through, road tripping down there anytime march?

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
Problem...A lack of sleep and working with autozone doesnt work well together. I had not slept for two day's "3rd shift is odd on your body" and told them i needed a belt for a my 96 3800 about to be put in my fiero. They asked if all the accesories were on it.. of course my first responce was... yes. Because we all know fieros have power steering. I went alll the way home and right as i opened my garage door it hit me and...well i just went to sleep on that note. The next time around I set my tensioner to its compressed position, took a string and routed it where the belt goes.....took the string to autozone and told the guy to get me a belt a tad bigger than this string.... He got me a belt that was a tad to small. But being the smart one i am i didnt feel the need to check him on the string to belt size and i went home only to find it was too small. Im going to get this right today, third time a charm right? lol.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
This is me disliking the snow.

ANYWAYS....I finally got a belt that fit.

New standard plugs - I plan to run the bottle. 50hp wet shot and i think me, and the engine will be happy. Im working on getting the parts.

AS IT SITS as of now...Im waiting on 2 o-rings for the a/c, then ill stick it up into the bay where it belongs.

Here is some wiring with cheap electrial tape. I found some blue zip ties ill go over it with.

I found this laying around, may come in handy somewhere...

I dont have a use for this,,, make an offer? Im guessing $8.10 for shipping.

I have a friend who had this laying around too!! Now i have another Fiero to work on when its -10 in the garage.

PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THE MOTOR is in the car!!! FInally! I feel like ive been working on this forever.

To do list..

-Connect vacc,coolant, & tranny lines
-Connect shift cable "throttle was easy"
-Find oil filter adapter
-Find a wheel bearing for rear passenger side
-Hook up suspension
-Relocate coil pack
-Hook up the rest of the electrical
-get a pontiac 6000 w/light duty beaks - drive axle - for drivers side of Fiero.

I say a week of decent weather and its running!
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, its good to at least see the engine in the car. I got my gas lines made, not attached. i cant really do much beings im snowed in my house and lack the motivation to freeze ballz. But HEY heres some pics!

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats nice, too bad your not quite "close" to done yet.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah HA! ill surprise you my friend, i take back the week thing though, its a blizzard out here- im snowed in big time. The only thing really slowing me down though is the drivers side drive axle now.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the Thing all put together. mechanically its ready to go aside from a few small things. But the electrical is about 90% done. Ive just got to get out there and get on it. The weather is getting a bit better. We had some wicked storms this past week and my main focus has been keeping water out of the garage and staying warm. I have a question, is there a trick to getting the rear wheels to align right?Mine are pretty far off. But yea, here are some pics.

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The weather has been getting better around here. The lake in my garage is finally evaporating. Im just finishing up the wiring. I have a ton of diamond plate aluminum, ill be cutting most of my trunk out and making a mini trunk with the diamond plate. I made something to hold my coil pack and amp fuse. Its not all the way bolted down though...I dropped my wrench down the side panel.... Ill be tearing my 2.8 harness up later today and wiring up the interior junk. Maybe the transmission and starter.

I finally found a decent turbo. Im not going all out with this due to the fact my engine is nothing to special. I just want there to be 0 vacuum in the intake manifold. Maybe just a little pressure but nothing excessive. Not at the moment anyway.

Its getting warm out and im getting anxious! So far this swap had taken i think around 144 days to get to this point. Of course i haven't worked on it every single day but that may give someone with a lack of funds, a social life and school a good idea of how long it may take. But then again I will never be done with this car lol. I expect at least 4 more paint jobs in the next 5 years.

Things to do when i get old...And have a ridiculous amount of spare time.
1. Choptop
2. Clamshell hood
3. c5 headlamps
4. Air ride system
6. Bonneville Taillights
7. Turbocharged 5.7 liter vett engine
8. Grand am dash swap
9. Lambo doors
10. Archie rockers
11. "GTR fiero guys" front bumper cover
12. Flux capacitor
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want that turbo to do anything more than just take up space in your trunk, dont even bother starting the project for less than $2000.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont have a trunk lol
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is that a smooth idler pulley?
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smooth
PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its on the ribbed side of the belt, as u know. I would swap it for a 6rib.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its time will come. Along with that im going to look for a firebird or grand am dash "kinda leaning towards firebird" Speaker pods that may fit on my doors and not interfier with my sunfire seats and i want one of those information centers that tell you your direction, outside temp, and has little compartments you can put stuff in, that runs along the roof in the middle on some cars. I would like to figure out how to use my HUD unit. If i dont find a new dash ill try putting it into the fireo dash. Ive always wanted one.

Right now i have most everywire where it needs to go, im working on c500 at the moment. Ill have to show pics of what im doing when i figure all this out.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This wiring is being a ***** . Does Anyone have the schematics for the c500? Or better yet, what to hook where from the c500 to everything it needs to go to?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Watch out on the tach wire, that means you splice it in with the tach feed, not connect it there exclusivly. I fixed the link to the thread that this came from, its in my sig.

o and there is somthing wierd with the green wire for the backup lights, let me get back to you on that one. (fixing it on mine today)

Make sure you connect the reverse light feed to pin B of the tranny, not a. I had originaly wired it to A (I dont know if I published the plans like this or not) and it would pop the fuse when in p/n.

Also do not forget to jumper the C500 connector for the backup lights

------------------
[16:58] davepettinelli: mine's got a court-apponted psychiatrist
[16:58] davepettinelli: yay girls
[16:59] GTPimpin: mine whines alot
[16:59] GTPimpin: her name is fiero

Ultimate 3800 swap thread

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 03-17-2007).]

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2007 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Effin Wires lol. I cant wait to get this running.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cut my trunk. I love it. I like to stand in it and work on my engine. So much easier lol. I got a ton of diamond plate alminum ill cut a template and make an insert or something. Heres some pics.

Car as it sits.

Under car

Driver side rear corner of trunk

I had to cut into the frame to get those babies loose. Ill patch it back up.

I have alot of respect for those who can hide wires like they do. Its time consuming lol.

LOL This is temporary, heres the IATS. I just drilled into the filter and glued it in. "hey it works"

Top of engine

Im ditching this idea and mounting it right behind the fuel tank somewhat on the fire wall.
So i had this wired up once with a huge a$$ computer that didnt come with the engine and it didnt work. No spark no nothing. So i got ahold of the computer that was used with that engine, got it wired up and it did nothing... Then i grounded my coil pack and WABAM! I had awesome spark. But no fuel. i had power going to all the injectors but the computer wasnt grounding them "thus no engine startage". So i eliminated it down to the pass keyy BS lol. So im headed into radio shak today to get some parts to build a somple little signal generator with a 555 timeing chip. Heres the thread on that buisiness.

Pass key thread = https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/081250.html

Ive yet to figure out how the TCC works. I dont know if the switch on the schematics is external or something in the tranny. But i think i need to figure it out before i can drive it. Heres the thread on the TCC.

I got a sweet muffler from the junkyard for 5 bucks! Its off a newer Grand am, i love how the tips are staggered! But heres the thread for that.

Exhaust thread = https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/081168.html

------------------

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soooo I tried to make something to disable my VATS, and i failed lol. I think I was using the wrong Zeerner diode or maybe that chip was fried. IDK, so I just ordered one pre made off of the internet. Heres a pic of my 3 dimensional circuit.

Today I got alot done. Im trying to make it as drivable as possible while, still not drivable lol. I cleaned up the wires some more. I did alot of cosmetic stuff to the engine bay. I sand blasted the decklid hinges and painted them blue. I cut the annoying broken spring off the hinges. Im going to put in struts tomarrow. I put a strut on the front hood. Its alot easier to open now. I only have to use one finger I did some other stuff to but heres a few pics.

Front hood strut.

Left side of compartment. I'm going to put a fan in that diamond plate. And my intake will run under it through stock position sooner or later.

Here is another top view of the motor and random little things ive done. Somewhere on here I heard, the more little things you pay attention to the better the overall look will be. I guess whoever said that is right. I'm starting to see a difference. Even if its a polished nut or bolt here or there it really helps overall appearance.

Heres Haley in its garage.

Ive got some IRM style integrated rocker panels on the way Oslo sold me "on left". Almost the same color as the car. maybe itl add a little contrast while it awaits paint.."again"...

AS of right now i guess im just waiting on the pass key thing to arrive in the mail.

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 03-28-2007).]

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

3066 posts
Member since Aug 2006
AND I WAS RIGHT!!!! It caught FIRE lololol. It was dumb though. Before I figured out I needed a VATS key thingy, I shot my engine up with ether, it backfired and blew it all over the transmission. Being the smart person i am, i immediately threw water on it..... lol of course it spread. But it wasn't bad. I just kept pouring water on it till it dissipated enough to go out. Got my heart pumping a little though. Any other car with "more metal" it wouldn't be as big of a deal but Fiberglass and fire just do not mix to well.

------------------

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my rocker panels today. Thanks oslo! I ordered my pass key thing way before Oslo sent the rockers out and i got the rockers this morning...And they are a million times larger than the pass key. WTF slow shipping. My luck the last thing i need to get running would take forever to arrive. Anyways heres some pics.

I started working on a new center consol. It will hold an 8 inch woofer. Prolly an infinity. Ive had very good luck with them.
Yes ill make a mold.

OH! and i have a new pet, Her name is ziggy. The person before me starved her. Im plumpin her up now lol. Alls it does is eat. I love it lol.

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 04-04-2007).]

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Id like to apologize to the person who shipped me the pass key thingy. The shipping deal was actually my fault. I didnt specify a color and they put a weeks hold on it, on top of that aol was sending their mail right to my spam folder. Sorry. But im giving them a good rating and their product did the trick!

HELL YEA!!!! ITS RUNNING!!!! For some reason i decided to go down to the garage after letting it sit a few days... At 5:50 am, ive not gone to bed yet... I turned it over and OMFM it started and ran!!!! And it Was extremely loud lol. I prolly woke everyone up in a mile radiouse. So tomarrow im going to flush all the fluids and replace them. I picked up some synthetic blend 10w30. A blue oil filter the same color blue im using which was cool. And i picked up some tranny fluid and anti slip stuff to add in. So just in time! Another good thing is,,, my tranny puts out the same signal as the old one did so i wont have to build anything for the speedo to work WOW its such an awesome day now.

Ill get video and sound up asap!!!
Thank you for everyones help on this i really appriciate all the time you guys spent with me helping me get this project to come together!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think i figured out my problem. I checked all the injector power again, i split the injectors in half so 3 would have its own fuse, then the other 3 there own also. the 3 facing the rear weren't getting juice. So i put power to them and they worked. Now I get to test it all later today when i fix the fuel line. It was loose and got messed up by rubbing on a belt. I bought a fuel filter to bridge the gap. Im excited!

------------------

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I RAN! great! Its just very very loud and smells bad lol. I did run into a problem though. I seem to have a gasket leak right about... HERE!
Nothing to big to fix. IM happy to see theres fluid flowing through to it. Now i need to get all my gages working and work on the exhaust. Anyone now how to hook the oil pressure sender up to work?
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow! happy to see you 99.9 percent done!! looks good and you were right about detail!
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THANKS MAN! Im happy to see someone finally post something lololol. I get to work on the cts and oil pressure sender today! weee. I took it for a spin around the block, no burnouts or anything but when i felt somewhat sure nothing was going to fry i put my foot into it a bit, and WOW. That feeling right there totally justifies the time and money put into this project. These cars should have came stock with 3800's.

aside from all that... my breaks are all sorts of shittay. I dont have my e-break hooked up but i have new pads all around and everything is freshly bled. Someone told me the e-break has something to do with this, true or false?
LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ogre's cave has a good writeup on how to adjust the rear brakes. Where in Iowa is Le Claire? You're giving me the itch to get my swap finished up.

------------------

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LeClaire, 10 min from bettendorf, 20 from davenport. You should scratch that itch lol. Davenport is where i eat the most rice if you know what i mean.
clok1966

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for clok1966Send a Private Message to clok1966Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice thread, love all the pictures. I'm doing the 3800SC swap sometime in the near future and all this was good reading. Just wanted to say thanks for the pics and the info, and LOOKING GOOD!

clok
Legacy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LegacySend a Private Message to LegacyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't think the e-brake has anything to do with the brakes not being all what they should be,, i've never had an e-brake on minein the 5-6 yrs i've owned it,, not sure if you need brakes anyway right?? -i mean,, don't they just slow ya down or something? hmm,, maybe i'll check that theory once MT swap is done!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock