Started on: 02-09-2009 09:21 AM
Replies: 98 (6376 views)
Last post by: fieroboom on 06-03-2009 03:35 PM
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

While we're o/t on snow - I am soooo glad I moved a couple hundred miles south, and don't have to deal with the lake effect snowfalls! I had a 330' drive from the street to my old shop, and dealing with that in the winter was not one of my favorite activities. The guy who bought my old house/shop told me that while he was outside clearing the drive the snow caved the roof of the shop in! He didn't have any heat in it and let all that snow pile up on it - the roof had a low 4/12 pitch. He said his girlfriend grabbed a shovel and immediately started working on the house roof (also 4/12 pitch)! I feel for the guy, but am also glad it's not me going through it. I could never see snow another day in my life and not miss it.

I think it's funny here in Columbus, because they panic when the forecast says two inches. It really tickles me that they think that's a lot of snow

Darn you. (putting it nicely )

I own page 3!!!!

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 03-03-2009).]

IP: Logged
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates Paul?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-12-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, where are you at? Hope that your move is going well. Well?
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2009 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i just caught up w/ this thread...i'm in the process of tearing my 2.8 down also...i just wanted to get it down to the heads...just far enough to go through and tight'n up and check everything and replace all gaskets and such...i've never done this before either so needless to say it's kinda intimidating and i'm hoping i can get it all back together...keep up the good work....hope to see an update soon
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Yeah, where are you at? Hope that your move is going well. Well?

Heh, I promise, I'm not dead. My job depends on my boss landing contracts, and for about a week, we had nothing to do, and no prospective contracts, so I had to ramp up my job search for the 'just in case' factor, and then the following week, he landed 6 contracts at once, and one of those has 8 sub-contracts within it....
On top of all that, I'm trying to get into a new house. Needless to say, I've been extremely busy, but that's a good thing these days.
We did finally find a house, and it's got a gi-freakin-normous 2 car garage, with a colossal game/rec room, 4th bedroom, and bathroom attached (fully finished basement). If all goes as planned, I'll start moving our stuff little by little, and then the official move in date is May 1st. Also, my 1yr anniversary here at my job is on April 1st, so I'm slotted for 2wks vacation, and hopefully a raise!
-Paul
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Heh, I promise, I'm not dead. My job depends on my boss landing contracts, and for about a week, we had nothing to do, and no prospective contracts, so I had to ramp up my job search for the 'just in case' factor, and then the following week, he landed 6 contracts at once, and one of those has 8 sub-contracts within it....
On top of all that, I'm trying to get into a new house. Needless to say, I've been extremely busy, but that's a good thing these days.
We did finally find a house, and it's got a gi-freakin-normous 2 car garage, with a colossal game/rec room, 4th bedroom, and bathroom attached (fully finished basement). If all goes as planned, I'll start moving our stuff little by little, and then the official move in date is May 1st. Also, my 1yr anniversary here at my job is on April 1st, so I'm slotted for 2wks vacation, and hopefully a raise!
-Paul

Well, I'm glad your alive. Glad you found a nice house and stuff. More room for Fiero's.
Galliero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GallieroSend a Private Message to GallieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Paul,
Glad to know things are working out and especially glad to hear about the gi-normouse garage and all the extra space. (flash forward to may 31st/09) How did you manage to get the coupe-ula into that finished basesment through a standard door opening? (flashback to present) I made some progress on my build getting some of the details worked out now jusy waiting for the weather to stabilize to begin fiberglass hope i get it right and don't screw it up. I guess we won't see any updates till after the big move?
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul,
what happened to you guys? I looked for you in Daytona.
how is the car going?
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Paul,
what happened to you guys?

Yeah, you done or what? Kinda draggin' your feet on this ain't ya?
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was at D9... And to tell the truth, I was quite disappointed. I introduced myself to several people, but hardly anyone was friendly, and no one really seemed to have much interest, nor much to say beyond "hey". In fact, the only person that really had much to say at all was JimmyS, and he was very friendly to me. On several occasions, I walked up to people sitting in their chairs & under their little gazebo tents, waited 5 minutes for them to quit talking amongst themselves so I could say hello (because I guess when they saw me standing there, saying hello was just too inconvenient for them), and then even when I said hello, I was looked at like "what are you doing here?". Kinda makes me not want to go back. After a few minutes of that crap in the Fiero area, we headed over to the Impalas. What's funny is you couldn't pass anyone over in that crowd without a courteous 'hello', or a start-n-rev demonstration...
Also, I think everyone should have their PFF username somewhere on their clothing, as well as the windshield placard that's on the car. I saw a few cars I recognized, and wanted to talk to the owners, but couldn't find them.

On a happier note, for those of you that couldn't make it, the Lizardo turned out amazingly nice. I was thoroughly impressed with it's lines & general assembly. From the pictures, it looks like it's just going to be another look-alike, but it's not - it is it's own little being, and turned out very nice.

Anyway, on to the swap meet; hopefully there will be more good old southern hospitality there.
-Paul

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If we can make it, I'll talk to ya or at least say "hello".
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know how you feel I got a little of that as well. but I did meet some nice people as well as alot of people I talk to here.
one thing I did find out was that alot of the people there are not active on this forum.
I was hopeing there would be a better turnout but we can make that happen next year
we will just have to invade FLA. next year!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And he's back! How is the move going? I wasn't at Daytona, but I would have said hi. Some folks are more personal when it comes to the internet. I would not take it personally. Hope that all is well with your family. Peace brother.

------------------

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check your PM's, fieroboom!!!!!!!!!!
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting ready for the swap meet, paul?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to contact Lynn who is Paul's fiance and she said that everything is going good. They are still in the middle of moving and will hopefully be back on the forum shortly
Rivethead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetheadSend a Private Message to RivetheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update. I really enjoy watching Paul's progress. Can't wait for more!
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man, all this talk makes me feel super-special! I promise, as soon as I get moved in, the work (and pics) shall continue. We are scheduled to be completely in the new house at the end of this month, and hopefully I'll be getting a raise at my job here soon, so more space + more $$ to play makes Paul a happy person... (now, if I can just find the TIME...)
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok... We are OFFICIALLY moved into the new house! (WOOHOO!!!) As soon as I can get the garage semi-organized, I'll post some pics of my garage and the contents thereof (which currently includes two Fieros, two cradles, two engines, a hot tub redux, work stations, two sets of washer/dryer, tools and OMG boxes out the wazoo... ).

I'll be picking up on the Couple-ula here very shortly, because I'm so desperately missing the feeling of driving a Fiero...
-Paul
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock